Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report 19:05 - Aug 28 with 11345 viewsNorthernr

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/queensparkrangers/news/58396
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 00:41 - Aug 29 with 2629 viewseastside_r

I am sure I don't need mention (again) how much I love Clive's writing but reading that was like being there again, in that moment again.

So having been a fawning sycophant you''ll forgive me (after the month I've had) for two minor observations - they're not even criticisms!

Firstly, if the first Watford goal was not hand-ball then I am Leroy Fer. Suspicion? Like Harry Redknapp was suspected of being a complete charlatan.

Secondly, although I love your analogy, surely the comparison of the clubs' respective resources is like 'turning up at a Blue Nun's house party with half a bottle of Elton John's'.

Albert Adomah - just thinking about him, just makes me smile.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 01:08 - Aug 29 with 2563 viewsCLAREMAN1995

Incredible work and hopefully it makes up for the downturn in mood we had last week.
That winning goal crowd reaction is not just pure magic for those living it there but for all QPR fans around the globe as well.Beautiful description well done
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 03:57 - Aug 29 with 2497 viewsSydneyRs

Another way to look at the Dickie incident for their second goal is whether it would have been given as a pen if he'd made exactly the same type of challenge on their striker. I suspect the answer would be yes.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 07:12 - Aug 29 with 2431 viewsKiwi76

Don’t comment every week Clive but we don’t win 3-2 away at Watford every week & it’s the shockers (good & bad) that bring out the best in you!
Great boost for all of us for many different reasons - down here it’s been biblical rainfall & the bloody All Blacks setting all sorts of records for losing - minor I know in global scheme of things but a grind all the same.
We’ve got a local supporters get together coming up and still some time to sour the mood again but some bright shoots of hope are welcomed. Some miserable gits 😎 to put up with at best of times & don’t want my Sunday lunch gloom & doom.
Hope Loftus Rd is rocking Tues night
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 08:09 - Aug 29 with 2374 viewsngbqpr

That penultimate “Albert’s goal” para is peerless - definitely worthy of messing with the chronology.

Missed the Bachman gag on first read, actual LOL on second 🤣

Love the Beale and Chair interviews, interesting insights.

A quick honourable mention for Dozzell’s chipped 20 yarder from the edge of his own box that set the tone for goal two.

Poll: Best hug a stranger / fall down five rows / 'limbs' late goals this season

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 08:23 - Aug 29 with 2349 viewsswitchingcode

Superb report as always pleased that you could write a happy one for a change you deserve that.
PS if Reading can be top of this league this season anyone can.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 09:06 - Aug 29 with 2263 viewsMick_S

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 08:23 - Aug 29 by switchingcode

Superb report as always pleased that you could write a happy one for a change you deserve that.
PS if Reading can be top of this league this season anyone can.

That’s not going to last. I know loads about football and have just proved it.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 09:25 - Aug 29 with 2208 viewsswitchingcode

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 09:06 - Aug 29 by Mick_S

That’s not going to last. I know loads about football and have just proved it.

Doubt if it will but the championship is wide open this season as I can’t see an outstanding team and expect fans of most clubs fancy themselves for top 6.
Login to get fewer ads

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:03 - Aug 29 with 2130 viewsMick_S

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 09:25 - Aug 29 by switchingcode

Doubt if it will but the championship is wide open this season as I can’t see an outstanding team and expect fans of most clubs fancy themselves for top 6.

Yeah, thanks for that.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 10:03]

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:09 - Aug 29 with 2119 viewsWatfordR

Just a thought about Chair, prompted by the second and third goals.

One of the criticisms made of him is that he holds on to the ball too much, however the overlapping full backs on Saturday got absolutely perfect balls laid off to them. Right time, right pace, right position.

Is it possible that having that sort of movement around him is actually what he has been looking for? It's no coincidence surely that he and Willock link so well because he's getting that kind of movement to feed into when Willock is there too. But now it's not just Willock, it's Laird and Paal too.

All of which suggests to me that, irrespective of his lack of physical stature, he would fit in very well as an option for one of the higher ranked Prem teams, and the sort of "give us £5m and we'd be happy" remark is way off the mark.

Looks to me like the better the players around him, the better he's going to be.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:10 - Aug 29 with 2114 viewsswitchingcode

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:03 - Aug 29 by Mick_S

Yeah, thanks for that.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 10:03]

You are very welcome
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:30 - Aug 29 with 2089 viewsNorthernr

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:09 - Aug 29 by WatfordR

One of the criticisms made of him is that he holds on to the ball too much, however the overlapping full backs on Saturday got absolutely perfect balls laid off to them. Right time, right pace, right position.

Is it possible that having that sort of movement around him is actually what he has been looking for? It's no coincidence surely that he and Willock link so well because he's getting that kind of movement to feed into when Willock is there too. But now it's not just Willock, it's Laird and Paal too.

All of which suggests to me that, irrespective of his lack of physical stature, he would fit in very well as an option for one of the higher ranked Prem teams, and the sort of "give us £5m and we'd be happy" remark is way off the mark.

Looks to me like the better the players around him, the better he's going to be.

My perception, perhaps nonsense, is he holds back from passing to players he doesn't trust/rate. Like you say, look how quickly he's releasing the ball to Paal and Laird on Saturday, compared to when it's Niko and Kakay.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:48 - Aug 29 with 2022 viewsfrancisbowles

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 09:25 - Aug 29 by switchingcode

Yes, four played and just one point between 5th and 14th. Always, the Championship.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 11:16 - Aug 29 with 1962 views89_50

Great write up, as always.

I was gutted to miss this one, but it sounds like everyone, to a player, worked for each other and collectively really wanted it. Well done, lads.

Unrelated (sort of), but does anyone know if one of the performance/milestone payments of the Eze deal included making international appearances?

He's surely on the fringes of an England call-up, and if we get some sort of payment from that, I wonder if it will keep the wolves from the door and mean we don't need to sell Illy or Willy in the immediacy.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 11:37 - Aug 29 with 1914 viewsLblock

Beautifully written - bravo that man.

I could feel the edge of hard plastic digging into my shins, the elbows in my cheekbones and the concrete steps tumble as you described the winner.
Almost makes me miss going.

Watched end of first half an all the second. The running from Chicken Paal and Laird is fabulous but hat dipped to Sir James of the Dunne Dynasty…. Solid

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 11:43 - Aug 29 with 1909 viewsNorthernr

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 11:16 - Aug 29 by 89_50

Great write up, as always.

I was gutted to miss this one, but it sounds like everyone, to a player, worked for each other and collectively really wanted it. Well done, lads.

Unrelated (sort of), but does anyone know if one of the performance/milestone payments of the Eze deal included making international appearances?

He's surely on the fringes of an England call-up, and if we get some sort of payment from that, I wonder if it will keep the wolves from the door and mean we don't need to sell Illy or Willy in the immediacy.

I'd be astonished if there isn't a payment clause for that. First chance I get to ask somebody who would know I will do.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 13:32 - Aug 29 with 1732 viewsAntti_Heinola

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:30 - Aug 29 by Northernr

My perception, perhaps nonsense, is he holds back from passing to players he doesn't trust/rate. Like you say, look how quickly he's releasing the ball to Paal and Laird on Saturday, compared to when it's Niko and Kakay.

or players he doesn't trust/rate don't make the right runs because they're not on his wavelength?
Having said that, the interview where he said he's working on decision making is interesting.
I also think he assumes so much responsibility for this team. Over the last 2 years, as you've said, we've had weeks at a time where our only gameplan is 'give it to Chair and hope he does something.' He takes that on, and probably to the detriment of his own game.

Bare bones.

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 13:45 - Aug 29 with 1707 viewsNorthernr

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 13:32 - Aug 29 by Antti_Heinola

or players he doesn't trust/rate don't make the right runs because they're not on his wavelength?
Having said that, the interview where he said he's working on decision making is interesting.
I also think he assumes so much responsibility for this team. Over the last 2 years, as you've said, we've had weeks at a time where our only gameplan is 'give it to Chair and hope he does something.' He takes that on, and probably to the detriment of his own game.

Particularly when his mate is injured and not playing.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:05 - Aug 29 with 1665 viewsPinnerPaul

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 00:16 - Aug 29 by BlameMcLintock

Prose!

Brilliant write up, Northernr. Like being there.

Why you did deduct Illy two marks, I don't understand though That was a 9 display in my book.

Thanks Clive, can't begin eith all the reasons I haven't been on here much and now finally I do have some time my laptop has given up.Once/if I get it up and running I'll look forward to the 90' Can't watch it on a phone,it's not the same. Quick miserable reminder for Tuesday in 3 words - Hull are third
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:06 - Aug 29 with 1663 viewskensalriser

Chair's great. Comfortably man of the match v Rotherham, despite the unfortunate miss. Was at the heart of the game, worked incredibly hard and desperately wanted to win. All the stuff about him not looking up, taking too many touches etc is exaggerated at best (wasn't Gallen perennially praised for 'holding up the ball').

If you don't think he's one of our two best players, then maybe football just isn't the game for you.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 14:07]

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:08 - Aug 29 with 1656 viewsNorthernr

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:06 - Aug 29 by kensalriser

Chair's great. Comfortably man of the match v Rotherham, despite the unfortunate miss. Was at the heart of the game, worked incredibly hard and desperately wanted to win. All the stuff about him not looking up, taking too many touches etc is exaggerated at best (wasn't Gallen perennially praised for 'holding up the ball').

If you don't think he's one of our two best players, then maybe football just isn't the game for you.
[Post edited 29 Aug 2022 14:07]

I do think he's potentially going to be a real stark 'don't know what you've got till it's gone' type.

Any other team in this league would have him.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:26 - Aug 29 with 1606 viewsCroydonCaptJack

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 22:15 - Aug 28 by PunteR

Is it just my phone that can't view the report. Script going over the blue line so I can't read it annoyingly.
I've got bad signal where I am though.

I get that sometimes mate.
Turning the phone on its side and pulling down on the screen usually resolves it.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:32 - Aug 29 with 1581 viewsNorthernr

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:26 - Aug 29 by CroydonCaptJack

I get that sometimes mate.
Turning the phone on its side and pulling down on the screen usually resolves it.

It's when I put something like AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH in there but make it too long, it fcks with the primitive site we're working with.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 15:17 - Aug 29 with 1516 viewsBurnleyhoop

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 10:09 - Aug 29 by WatfordR

Nail on head mate.

If he had the ball out wide and no one was showing for the ball or making the runs, it’s hardly surprising he was hanging on to the ball too long.

Paal and Laird made the runs and Chair played perfectly timed and weighted balls into them and we scored off both crosses into the box.

For me, he is our mini De Bruyne.
Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 15:36 - Aug 29 with 1494 viewsGroveR

Illy and Willy take strictly business on the road — Report on 14:32 - Aug 29 by Northernr

It's when I put something like AGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH in there but make it too long, it fcks with the primitive site we're working with.

Chrome is quite aware the site* is shìt and makes allowances for it.

* FansNetwork, not the content
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024