Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Sky fixtures 13:45 - Feb 1 with 7633 viewsNoDiddley

Have they done March yet?
Sky fixtures on 16:02 - Feb 3 with 1233 viewsdaveB

Sky fixtures on 15:25 - Feb 3 by losethedrum

QPR ceo lee Hoos said

"I know supporters would like most games to kick off at 3pm on a Saturday, but what fans like more is winning games and it is important that we give the manager and players the best possible chance to recover - not least for sporting integrity

As for what fans like more is winning games ... it would have been the same for both sides had it stayed saturday 3pm as Posh are also playing on the wednesday .
Lets hope Rangers are in the 6th round of the fa cup that weekend and this gets binned off & arranged for a more reasonable kick off time at least .

Whats he gonna say if we lose the game?

As it stands only 4 home 3pm games left this season, 2 of those almost certain to be moved
Sky fixtures on 17:55 - Feb 3 with 1109 viewsPinnerPaul

Sky fixtures on 16:02 - Feb 3 by daveB

Whats he gonna say if we lose the game?

As it stands only 4 home 3pm games left this season, 2 of those almost certain to be moved

Agree Dave.

This clearly comes from MW.

He's doing a great job and if his biggest fault is being over protective of his players at the expense of the fans' convenience, then we're not in a bad place.

But, as I've said many times, his obsession with the amount of time between games is a little bit strange - "7 games in 21 days" is BAD , but then when we had 3 weeks between games that was BAD as well.

As I said above, if in this weird and wonderful world Weds - Sat is now unacceptable, despite it being literally just a few hours difference between Sat - Tues - then there are going to be a lot more games played on a Sunday!
Sky fixtures on 19:15 - Feb 3 with 1044 viewsfrancisbowles

Sky fixtures on 17:55 - Feb 3 by PinnerPaul

Agree Dave.

This clearly comes from MW.

He's doing a great job and if his biggest fault is being over protective of his players at the expense of the fans' convenience, then we're not in a bad place.

But, as I've said many times, his obsession with the amount of time between games is a little bit strange - "7 games in 21 days" is BAD , but then when we had 3 weeks between games that was BAD as well.

As I said above, if in this weird and wonderful world Weds - Sat is now unacceptable, despite it being literally just a few hours difference between Sat - Tues - then there are going to be a lot more games played on a Sunday!

I get why they want to move it. It is not just Wednesday/Saturday, it is the end of eleven games in 45, now 44 days. It is an extra night in bed to make up for the late night on the Wednesday. It is about giving the team every possible assistance, as we strive for 'the promised land'. Small details, fine margins and all that.

What I don't get is the kick off time.
Sky fixtures on 09:12 - Feb 4 with 930 viewsTheChef

Sky fixtures on 19:15 - Feb 3 by francisbowles

I get why they want to move it. It is not just Wednesday/Saturday, it is the end of eleven games in 45, now 44 days. It is an extra night in bed to make up for the late night on the Wednesday. It is about giving the team every possible assistance, as we strive for 'the promised land'. Small details, fine margins and all that.

Surely it can't be a TV thing, because a Sunday mid-afternoon kick off will impact Sky/BT viewing figures??

Poll: How old is everyone on here?

Sky fixtures on 09:43 - Feb 4 with 883 viewsnix

Sky fixtures on 19:15 - Feb 3 by francisbowles

No idea, just speculation but could it be down to being able to release the two Scottish players? Maybe they have to report by a certain time on the Sunday?
Sky fixtures on 12:30 - Feb 4 with 758 viewsfrancisbowles

Sky fixtures on 09:43 - Feb 4 by nix

No idea, just speculation but could it be down to being able to release the two Scottish players? Maybe they have to report by a certain time on the Sunday?

I thought along those lines as well, Nix. Surely, there will be a 'Super Sunday' TV match with a later kick off though?
Sky fixtures on 12:36 - Feb 4 with 741 viewsstowmarketrange

Sky fixtures on 12:30 - Feb 4 by francisbowles

I thought along those lines as well, Nix. Surely, there will be a 'Super Sunday' TV match with a later kick off though?

Spurs v West Ham at 2pm,and Liverpool v Man Utd at 4.30.
Sky fixtures on 13:03 - Feb 4 with 708 viewsted_hendrix

I reckon Sky have moved the findings of the Sue Gray report too.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Sky fixtures on 14:57 - Feb 4 with 581 viewsnix

Sky fixtures on 12:30 - Feb 4 by francisbowles

Maybe the big clubs get 'special dispensation'.

As others said It doesn't make any sense to have a 12.30 kick off otherwise? It does kill the atmosphere and it probably affects the turnout too.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024