Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Match Thread Scunthorpe 14:56 - Aug 14 with 8171 viewsblackdogblue

I will start it as most people probably still waiting to get in…

Only 2 turnstiles open????

& wow… have seen bigger TV”a than the new scoreboard can’t even read it from here 🤨

Poll: Prediction League ... Continue or have a World Cup Break?

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 15:04 - Aug 14 with 5175 viewspnc4eva1

Come on Dale

up the dale
Poll: Are these polls getting tedious

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 15:08 - Aug 14 with 5140 viewsDaleFan7

New ticketing system is a joke. Took 7 scans of my ST for it to trigger the gate opening. It beeped and the screen had the arrow on to say it had been accepted but the gate didn't trigger.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 15:15 - Aug 14 with 5100 viewsSheffdale

Jay Lynch in goal and Dale are lining up with three at the back - Sam Graham, Eoghan O'Connell and Max Taylor.

Corey O'Keeffe and Matty Done are the wing-backs, with Aaron Morley and George Broadbent in midfield.

Alex Newby, Jake Beesley and Danny Cashman are up top.

Wish I was there!
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 15:58 - Aug 14 with 4805 viewsleedsdale

Playing alright without being spectacular. Newby seeing lots of the ball and seems to be our most creative option with Beesley putting in a real shift. Cashman playing a bit deeper than I expected and has been shoved to the ground a few times.

Scunny look bang average so hard to comment on our defenders, but Taylor looks very composed and Graham seems to be having to work a bit harder at his game. EOC doing well too.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 16:02 - Aug 14 with 4754 viewsblackdogblue

Chaos again not letting Sandy Lane in the Racky at half time..

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 16:54 - Aug 14 with 4436 viewsDorkingDale

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 15:08 - Aug 14 by DaleFan7

New ticketing system is a joke. Took 7 scans of my ST for it to trigger the gate opening. It beeped and the screen had the arrow on to say it had been accepted but the gate didn't trigger.

Sounds like the first match of the season at Blackpool a few years ago. They'd just installed electronic ticket barriers & none of the home fans season tickets were working. Not that there were many - the ground was half empty due to boycott. On top of that the number of Dale fans exceeded very limited away capacity. Eventually got in just before half time I think....bloody frustrating.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:13 - Aug 14 with 4261 viewsfunkkk

Nice to be back inside the ground; you very quickly realise how inferior an experience watching on
I-follow is. But, wow, that was dull.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:18 - Aug 14 with 4204 viewsmightydale

Basically a new team, who are trying to implement the mangers ideas, expect this for the next 5-6 games.

Many of these players won't even be up to Match fitness yet either.

Poll: How many season tickets will we sell for next season

Login to get fewer ads

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:23 - Aug 14 with 4138 viewsDaleFan7

We played well with decent energy and created a couple of chances in the first half.

Second half one of the worst halves of football I've seen from both teams. Neither would have scored in the NW counties league playing like that.

It will take time and there's a decent core of players there so hopefully there will be progression through the season. Wouldn't expect anything more than consolidation this year.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:44 - Aug 14 with 3957 viewsR17ALE

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 15:08 - Aug 14 by DaleFan7

Fans were still coming into The Sandy at 3.20. I queued for about 15 minutes to get in. It only takes one old bloke to be completely outfoxed by the bar code system and you've got a queue of 30 deep in minutes. Apparently one old goat was trying to use a twenty pound note in the scanner.

Another I know got in at 3.25 having queued at the ticket office to get his paper ticket. By the time he got to the turnstiles they were boarded up. Eventually a steward let him in through the gate.

There must be a few tweaks made to make it all a bit easier. Ideally, something like a place to insert your bank card and pay in like you can when exiting NCP Car parks.

But then you'd get those who have forgotten their pin numbers!

Poll: Who do you think bury should appoint as their next manager?

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:45 - Aug 14 with 3944 viewsD_Alien

Decent enough performance, especially first half when we really should've been ahead but ended up very frustrating

Yep, early doors (apart from the turnstiles!)

Not sure Newby did enough to deserve MoM, Done had a really good game imo, Beesley put ina good shift but should've scored at least one of those chances, EOC helped settle the defence and Odoh definitely offered more than Cashman when he came on

Overall, just good to be back but christ, a winner would've made a hell of a difference to the mood

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:47 - Aug 14 with 3927 viewsNigeriamark

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:23 - Aug 14 by DaleFan7

We played well with decent energy and created a couple of chances in the first half.

Second half one of the worst halves of football I've seen from both teams. Neither would have scored in the NW counties league playing like that.

It will take time and there's a decent core of players there so hopefully there will be progression through the season. Wouldn't expect anything more than consolidation this year.

Pretty much sums it up. There were spells where the players of both sides would give it away to each other. Lot's of under hit passes. Done still hasn't learnt how to stay onside even when he is wide & can look across the line. However you can see there are some good solid players in our team & hopefully they will gel after another game or two. Not seeing where the goals will come from at the moment but we have the new lad yet to see some action
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:10 - Aug 14 with 3730 views1907

I know it’s early days but I’m concerned about the lack of an experienced midfielder who can drag us through a game.

We’ve got a really young squad and on today’s showing we definitely need some grizzly, battle hardened blokes for the long winter months.

Thought there was lots of positives from the first half, not so much the second.

Thought RS missed a trick in not bringing the giant on to try and deal with Scunthorpe’s big awkward centre backs.

Great to be back & looking forward to Tuesday.

Ps - are these ticket scanners (that don’t work) Bottomley’s last hurrah?
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:20 - Aug 14 with 3637 viewsdale1968

Nice to see people back at COA thought we played quite well for large parts of the game without really creating too many clear cut chances.

Special shout out must go to the search teams on the away end for failing to seize them and then catch the pillocks who threw smoke canisters.

Poll: Should The Military Assist The Police Over Covid Compliance.

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:21 - Aug 14 with 3622 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:45 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

Decent enough performance, especially first half when we really should've been ahead but ended up very frustrating

Not sure Newby did enough to deserve MoM, Done had a really good game imo, Beesley put ina good shift but should've scored at least one of those chances, EOC helped settle the defence and Odoh definitely offered more than Cashman when he came on

Overall, just good to be back but christ, a winner would've made a hell of a difference to the mood

I agree with that D.A, I was pretty gobsmacked with Newby MOM tbh.. IMHO I thought Matty Done deserved it, a lot of good play down the left & was involved a lot in the game overall & full of energy.. Hopefully he will go on & be the player he was last time we got promoted from Lge 2..

On the game.. nice to see a more attacking & playing forwards style, shame it didn't end in a home win as can't remember the last time I saw one..

On a different subject.. Flares!!!

Scunny through 2 on the pitch & for some reason the stewards just stood & looked at them unless it is a new safety rule??

Talking of which, some bellend let one off in the yoof corner of the Pearl Street Stand & then decided to throw it on the pitch & was ejected... Should be banned...

& Late in the game, seemed like it was kicking off in one of the exits between a few people.. WTF ??

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:28 - Aug 14 with 3559 views49thseason

Maybe you need a new pair of specs?
(To the OP.)
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 18:33]
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:32 - Aug 14 with 3512 viewsonedalefan

We have our own pillocks.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:49 - Aug 14 with 3395 viewsleedsdale

Some feedback for the score board operator… Instead of putting the starting line up as a list before the match, maybe use the 30 second video that goes on Twitter with each players little video. On a screen that size it was pretty hard to read the names from the Sandy end of the Main stand.
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:53 - Aug 14 with 3365 viewsblackdogblue

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 18:28 - Aug 14 by 49thseason

Maybe you need a new pair of specs?
(To the OP.)
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 18:33]

Not just me then 😀

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 19:02 - Aug 14 with 3286 viewsdawlishdale

Match was not the best, and after a decent start, we seemed to run out of attacking ideas until Odoh came on. We really, really missed Ollies tenacity in midfield and Grant's skill. No change from Done...he really should be able to hold the line better, and it cost us several promising attacks when he needs to be better. The return of EOC steadied us down significantly in defence, but overall, I thought it was two bang average teams slugging it out without much firepower between them. The referee was my mom, letting play flow whenever possible.

Scoreboard looks really good. Can't believe someone is moaning about it !!

Had friends stuck outside in long queues well after kick off time. Predictable that there are several annoyed about it, but having spent a small fortune on the system; we are stuck with it. Must say; I found it very easy and was in the ground quicker than normal.

Not keen on idiots with flares. it cost us all our momentum last week, and there were 2 from them today , plus one from our very own idiot of the year contender, who then showed himself up on being chucked out. Hopefully, a ban will ensue.

Think we can and will play much better, RS is still getting to know the team, and them him.

I think FGR will be a much tougher test on Tuesday.

#upthedalenotforsale.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 19:04]
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 19:44 - Aug 14 with 3026 viewsNorthernDale

I thought O'Connell and Graham looked good, I was a bit worried when he picked up the knock in the first half.

We lacked creativity in the midfield and as others have said we need an experienced player to take control. Newby has ability, but he holds onto the ball for far too long, Broadbent, I forgot he was on the pitch. Done did okay, but I would be tempted to use Odoh on the right and Done on the left. I thought he may have brought Keohane on to add some experience to the central midfield.

Cashman looks decent,but was wasted in that he seemed to playing wide,rather then down the middle. Beesley is a target man, but would he better with an experienced goalscorer next to him, because he won't get the goals we need.

Although we dominated large parts of the game, I thought we looked like team that will finish in the bottom half, due to the obvious weaknesses in midfield and upfront, hopefully Stockdale will also recognise the weaknesses, because otherwise we are in for a hard season of struggle. Having said that, I thought Scunthorpe poor.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 19:57]
Match Thread Scunthorpe on 19:59 - Aug 14 with 2932 viewsTVOS1907

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 19:44 - Aug 14 by NorthernDale

I thought O'Connell and Graham looked good, I was a bit worried when he picked up the knock in the first half.

We lacked creativity in the midfield and as others have said we need an experienced player to take control. Newby has ability, but he holds onto the ball for far too long, Broadbent, I forgot he was on the pitch. Done did okay, but I would be tempted to use Odoh on the right and Done on the left. I thought he may have brought Keohane on to add some experience to the central midfield.

Cashman looks decent,but was wasted in that he seemed to playing wide,rather then down the middle. Beesley is a target man, but would he better with an experienced goalscorer next to him, because he won't get the goals we need.

Although we dominated large parts of the game, I thought we looked like team that will finish in the bottom half, due to the obvious weaknesses in midfield and upfront, hopefully Stockdale will also recognise the weaknesses, because otherwise we are in for a hard season of struggle. Having said that, I thought Scunthorpe poor.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2021 19:57]

Grant wasn't involved; he's had a positive Covid test.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 20:32 - Aug 14 with 2789 viewsTVOS1907

Matty Done passed Steve Whitehall's Dale appearances today, with his 283rd outing for the club

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 20:32 - Aug 14 with 2783 viewsboromat

Here's my thoughts.

Start with the main positives.

Off the pitch the scoreboard looks great and worked perfectly as far as I could tell. Love the cartoon version of Cloughy. The clear messaging around the club NOT supporting the takeover attempt was brilliant. Pies were great.

On the pitch we looked pretty good in the first half made a few chances and looked the better team over the 90 minutes. Newby was excellent, Morley has a lot on his shoulders at the moment being the most experienced in the middle and has to be applauded for me. Beesley also great workhorse. O'Connell makes a huge difference.

The bad.

Off the pitch there's still some things to tweak and get right. The kiosks did run out of some food options before halftime so am sure they'll be looking at how popular things were and the attendance and trying to get that right. It's great that they now offer card payment but it looked a bit clunky and slow if we have a lot of people wanting to pay by card it might be a bottleneck. I didn't have any issues scanning my card to get in but sounds like once it got to mad rush time people were trying to get in faster than the system could cope with. Also I noticed a big queue at halftime in the Sandy looked like they weren't being let through to the bar not sure what that was about.

On the pitch we're simply not fit enough yet. The odd player doesn't look too far off like Morley, Beesley, Newby, Done but especially the new lads and maybe O'Connell just don't look fit enough they're all flagging at 65/70 minutes. 3 at the back didn't work for me. I'm no expert but we never looked troubled and one of Graham or Max seemed excess when we were missing some energy in central midfield. Odoh and Dooley brought that to some degree but it was too late, I think we missed Grant today. Broadbent looked ok but he struggled near the end when the pressure increased he became indecisive and you could see his reliance on Morley.

Overall it was just great to be back and on and off the field the changes look to be in a positive direction. I think we just need to show a bit of patience now and also feedback to the club where we can improve.

Up The Dale Not For Sale

Poll: What are we more excited for?

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 21:11 - Aug 14 with 2577 viewsfirgrovedale51

Match Thread Scunthorpe on 17:45 - Aug 14 by D_Alien

I had Done as MOM
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024