Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) 18:18 - Jan 2 with 13875 viewsDieByYourSide

Got to say this might be best for all parties

http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/qpr-set-sell-chery-dutchman-asks-move

Poll: And it's hi ho

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:18 - Jan 2 with 2586 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 18:35 - Jan 2 by Rangersw12

A decent player but has been poor for the last 3 months or so . A move would be good for both parties and hopefully we will at least get our money back

As for Les F I don't know 1 fan who wanted him to leave nor read or heard anyone say anything of the sort either a bit of history rewriting there to fit your narrative

Not re-writing history at all.

The bloke behind me for three years spent every game calling Les a lazy black so-and-so. Embarrassing but true.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 2543 viewsElHoop

Can't remember anyone ever booing SIr Les - perhaps my hearing isn't up t much. I do remember the ovation he received the first time that he came back with Newcastle. Keegan sent him out on his own and the ground exploded.

As for Chery, I never really took to him. He wasn't a terrible player but whatever plan he was part of didn't seem to work out and given that he has a value, perhaps we can get somebody else in and the new plan will be a little more successful. I never really understood how we were going to fit two wingers and two strikers into the team AND give games to both Chery and Luongo, if that's the direction in which we wanted to go.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 22:35]
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:29 - Jan 2 with 2539 views2Thomas2Bowles

Does feel like his agent has found someone willing to pay him more than we are offering on a new deal.

When willl this CV nightmare end
Poll: What will the result of the GE be

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:30 - Jan 2 with 2539 viewsTacticalR

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 21:56 - Jan 2 by Neil_SI

I'm surprised by all the comments about whether he scores goals from open play versus set pieces, I mean, let's just remind ourselves about the 10 he scored last season. Nine of those were from open play and one, the last, was a penalty...

Some real beauties in there too.

If he stayed with us, and continued his current goals to game ratio, he would be on course to end up with more goals than Martin Rowlands (33 in 198), Gareth Ainsworth (36 in 141) and Adel Taarabt (34 in 150) by the same amount of appearances each, and those guys had pretty reasonable records.

Brilliant goal against Bolton (1:10)

Air hostess clique

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:35 - Jan 2 with 2509 viewsCiderwithRsie

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:29 - Jan 2 by ElHoop

Can't remember anyone ever booing SIr Les - perhaps my hearing isn't up t much. I do remember the ovation he received the first time that he came back with Newcastle. Keegan sent him out on his own and the ground exploded.

As for Chery, I never really took to him. He wasn't a terrible player but whatever plan he was part of didn't seem to work out and given that he has a value, perhaps we can get somebody else in and the new plan will be a little more successful. I never really understood how we were going to fit two wingers and two strikers into the team AND give games to both Chery and Luongo, if that's the direction in which we wanted to go.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 22:35]

The vast majority loved Les, but if you get 15,000 people together some of them will always be dicks.

On Chery, I'm in the "shame, but if he doesn't want to be here ship him out" brigade. Ollie's on record as saying we've got too many no 10s for his plans and I don't think its impossible to get the necessary creativity from the wings and a more conventional mid-field passer.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 23:03 - Jan 2 with 2402 views08olesen

I would like to see Ravel Morrison back. i reckon they could get him for next to nothing and he seemed to enjoy himself last time he was here. He is fantastic to watch at times and i think Ollie is exactly the sort of manager he needs.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 23:05 - Jan 2 with 2392 viewsPunteR

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 22:30 - Jan 2 by TacticalR

Brilliant goal against Bolton (1:10)

Peach of goal.
Clearly has ability.
[Post edited 2 Jan 2017 23:18]

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 23:55 - Jan 2 with 2274 viewsBklynRanger

If we were selling him just to free up money I'd be 50/50 about whether it was a good idea. I think he has a huge amount of skill but has always seemed to overplay some of the simpler chances I've seen him get.

But if he wants away then fair enough - good luck and good bye.
Login to get fewer ads

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 01:50 - Jan 3 with 2167 viewsitsbiga

Yeah bye then.
If he's not up for it best off out.

Poll: Serious concern we'll double drop?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 05:26 - Jan 3 with 2111 viewsqprnaas

As I mentioned in a previous thread, I think it is risky business to be selling arguably our best and most creative player when we could potentially be in a relegation scrap... On the other hand, he has put in a transfer request, so whilst I am disappointed to see him leave, and do not question his motivation whilst here unlike some of the so called 'mercenaries' which chery should not be affiliated with, it seems wise to sell him for a profit if he feels he has opportunities to play elsewhere at a higher level and hopefully be able to reinvest in the squad...

I do also think as a previous poster said that Luongo can play well in the more advanced midfield role which he does regularly for Australia and scores!
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 07:09 - Jan 3 with 2045 viewsHooparoo

I was wondering a while ago if Chery was annoying some of his team mates with his Billy big bollox attitude

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 07:21 - Jan 3 with 2028 viewsdanehoop

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 07:09 - Jan 3 by Hooparoo

I was wondering a while ago if Chery was annoying some of his team mates with his Billy big bollox attitude

Think that this is bollox, with respect.

Never knowingly understood

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 07:56 - Jan 3 with 1981 viewsdaveB

Chery is out of contact next year much like Smithies so if they don't sign new deals now then best to sell them this window
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:02 - Jan 3 with 1888 viewsHooparoo

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 07:21 - Jan 3 by danehoop

Think that this is bollox, with respect.

He seemed an aloof character and I also saw some dissension when he picked up the ball for every free kick. His corners were becoming increasingly Bartonesque (is that a word?)

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:07 - Jan 3 with 1878 viewsloftinoz

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:02 - Jan 3 by Hooparoo

He seemed an aloof character and I also saw some dissension when he picked up the ball for every free kick. His corners were becoming increasingly Bartonesque (is that a word?)

It is now.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:13 - Jan 3 with 1861 viewsbosh67

I think for a player who is 29 on his next birthday, who hoped he would be coming here to eventually get into the Prem with us is perhaps looking for another challenge. I also think the Dutch connection under JFH was important to him. Maybe he hasn't settled either. It won't be about money, more about ambition given his age.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:49 - Jan 3 with 1783 viewsichbinnaughty

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:13 - Jan 3 by bosh67

I think for a player who is 29 on his next birthday, who hoped he would be coming here to eventually get into the Prem with us is perhaps looking for another challenge. I also think the Dutch connection under JFH was important to him. Maybe he hasn't settled either. It won't be about money, more about ambition given his age.

I thought him (Chery) and BFG were best mates.

Incidentally, what is the issue with BFG at the moment? Injured I presume? Not another wanting away?

I still hope Ollie plays both BFG and Cilla. I think they would cause any back line an uncomfortable afternoon.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 10:04 - Jan 3 with 1753 viewsdaveB

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 09:49 - Jan 3 by ichbinnaughty

I thought him (Chery) and BFG were best mates.

Incidentally, what is the issue with BFG at the moment? Injured I presume? Not another wanting away?

I still hope Ollie plays both BFG and Cilla. I think they would cause any back line an uncomfortable afternoon.

Polter is injured, been struggling for a while which a back problem
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 10:08 - Jan 3 with 1738 viewsrobith

A shame, but seems the natural progressions. Our sell to him was clear - you can star in our promotion challenge rather than be a rotated player at Villa and we can sell you on to a bigger club. Les even spoke about success for Chery being us selling him to a Prem club for a profit.

Slightly bemused at the reaction to this news as he was one of our few creative outlets, and he never lacked for trying (despite getting an increasingly hostile reaction). He's also handed in a transfer request rather than just sitting down whiling away his contract a la Green, Sandro, SWP, et al, meaning he forgoes the bonuses you get if you're sold without having done so yet he seems to be getting more grief than the rest of them. Again, this sensation of this current group of players seemingly taking a fall for the failings of the past, rather than, y'know, what they've actually done.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 10:18 - Jan 3 with 1705 viewsDannytheR

Chery was often mentioned as one of the players who was always a good role model for the younger lads in terms of his training, and one of the most popular players among the squad.

I think, literally, he was a bit too good for us. Needs to be in a team of ball players, and if it's not going to be in the Premiership then it should be probably be in Europe.

Decent player here at the wrong time. Wish him well. We move on.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 10:54 - Jan 3 with 1645 viewsstevec

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 10:18 - Jan 3 by DannytheR

Chery was often mentioned as one of the players who was always a good role model for the younger lads in terms of his training, and one of the most popular players among the squad.

I think, literally, he was a bit too good for us. Needs to be in a team of ball players, and if it's not going to be in the Premiership then it should be probably be in Europe.

Decent player here at the wrong time. Wish him well. We move on.

Possibly, but if he gives the ball up in the Prem as much as he did here (he would) then he won't last very long.

He'll most likely go to Europe, some place where they don't run around a lot, just watch your passing skills.

Anyway, this is all going swimmingly. Washington off to Brentford? Just need to convince some mugs that Luongo is world class and I'll be swinging from the chandeliers.
Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 11:33 - Jan 3 with 1524 viewsMedwayR

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 20:58 - Jan 2 by sdm1508

Really think Luongo can ply the number 10 role. Think he would offer a better physical prescence if we play one up front. You could then have Ariel and Cousins sitting deep. Cousins could make runs from deep if needed too

I agree with this, I think Luongo further forward adds intelligence to our play in the final third, he'll need to add goals to his game though.

As for Chery, if he wants to go let him go. Good player but a luxury that we can't afford right now. Not sure on his attitude, possibly a bit of a mixed bag with him, after all he did have a strop at Fulham with the sole intention of undermining the manager.

If Washington goes it'll be a shame as I think he can score at this level but we've never played a system to suit him. I thought when we signed him that £2.5m is a lot & a big gamble, but if we've paid that with no intention of using him properly then that is negligent & a big waste of money.

Poll: Who’s better?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:17 - Jan 3 with 1417 viewskensalriser

Supporting QPR gets more surreal by the week.

Is there another club where fans are so openly gleeful when their best players leave?

Look at the shit lazy cnt Matt Phillips, who we couldn't wait to get rid of - now a regular in a team in 8th place a division above with four goals and nine assists to his name.

Chery is comfortably our best outfield player and I don't imagine for a second we'll replace him with someone as good. If he wants to go then he has to go, fine. But I'm fcked if I'm going to cheer when a good player leaves QPR.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:38 - Jan 3 with 1340 viewspaulparker

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:17 - Jan 3 by kensalriser

Supporting QPR gets more surreal by the week.

Is there another club where fans are so openly gleeful when their best players leave?

Look at the shit lazy cnt Matt Phillips, who we couldn't wait to get rid of - now a regular in a team in 8th place a division above with four goals and nine assists to his name.

Chery is comfortably our best outfield player and I don't imagine for a second we'll replace him with someone as good. If he wants to go then he has to go, fine. But I'm fcked if I'm going to cheer when a good player leaves QPR.

the same matt Phillips who ducked out of challenges , offered nothing when he played, couldn't be bothered to track back and help his full back
and who thought he was doing us a favour by just just strolling around the pitch half arsed

And Bowles is onside, Swinburne has come rushing out of his goal , what can Bowles do here , onto the left foot no, on to the right foot That’s there that’s two, and that’s Bowles Brian Moore

Chery to be sold (West London Sport) on 12:39 - Jan 3 with 1332 viewsDorse

I'd prefer to keep him but I'd also prefer him to want to stay. He's a great little player and his work with Polter last season was outstanding.

As the selling club, we hold the whip hand (for once) in the deal: he's still under 30, under contract and has a potential resale value. If we have to sell, now is the right time to do it.

Sad but we need to be realistic.

'What do we want? We don't know! When do we want it? Now!'

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024