Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hill not waiting around 11:33 - Jun 5 with 3264 viewsdale1996

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/hill-jk-855415.aspx what does everyone think of this?
Hill not waiting around on 11:35 - Jun 5 with 3250 viewsSandy_lane_lad

It's fair enough.

We've got to recruit, and without knowing fully who is committed to the club and who isn't he won't fully know what budget he has to work with.
Hill not waiting around on 11:38 - Jun 5 with 3217 viewsdale1996

Hill not waiting around on 11:35 - Jun 5 by Sandy_lane_lad

It's fair enough.

We've got to recruit, and without knowing fully who is committed to the club and who isn't he won't fully know what budget he has to work with.

do you think it makes Kennedy signing more or less likely?
Hill not waiting around on 11:42 - Jun 5 with 3199 viewsD_Dale

Hill says "Two out of the eight who were offered new deals by the club this summer have yet to accept and Hill admits there can be no waiting around." Then goes on about Kennedy, but no mention of the other player (Bennett?). Seems he's getting anxious for a decision from JK.
Hill not waiting around on 11:43 - Jun 5 with 3194 viewssandylaner1

says he's not waiting around - continues to try and persuade kennedy while we wait for an answer

either way, hill has my 100% confidence that he'll do whats best for RAFC
Hill not waiting around on 12:05 - Jun 5 with 3125 viewsMattbdale

I hope it gives JK and Bennett a little kick up the arse to either commit and sign the deal or let KH know so we can get somebody else in.

Up the Dale!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hill not waiting around on 12:11 - Jun 5 with 3104 viewselectricblue

I totally agree with what hill is doing etc...
Nobody is above the football club..
Also JK as been offered a good deal according to hill so if i was in hills shoes id give it until next monday morning and if JK cant decide then hill as no optio but to sign other players.....
Plus a new signing could be on less money than JK is offered and that could be used on a couple of centre backs..

My all time favourite Dale player Mr Lyndon Symmonds

Hill not waiting around on 12:22 - Jun 5 with 3048 views49thseason

That sounds like Hill's final attempt to get Kennedy to sign. Its an unequivocal statement of intent. My guess is that unless he hears from Kennedy and Bennett by the end of the week he will withdraw their offers and look elsewhere
Hill not waiting around on 12:24 - Jun 5 with 3042 viewsColDale

one thing we'll have from JK is honesty. If he's got other offers on the table, I have no doubt that he'll tell Hill and seek his advice. If he gets an offer of five grand a week from somewhere (extreme example I know), I'd imagine Hill's advice would be to take it.
Login to get fewer ads

Hill not waiting around on 12:58 - Jun 5 with 2906 viewsD_Dale

Hill not waiting around on 12:24 - Jun 5 by ColDale

one thing we'll have from JK is honesty. If he's got other offers on the table, I have no doubt that he'll tell Hill and seek his advice. If he gets an offer of five grand a week from somewhere (extreme example I know), I'd imagine Hill's advice would be to take it.

Not many months ago, posters were saying Bradford were keen to sign Kennedy (who, still based in the NE, would have had to travel less far). Maybe odd that the Bantams haven't snapped him up by now.
Hill not waiting around on 13:58 - Jun 5 with 2752 viewsolympicdale

Hill not waiting around on 12:58 - Jun 5 by D_Dale

Not many months ago, posters were saying Bradford were keen to sign Kennedy (who, still based in the NE, would have had to travel less far). Maybe odd that the Bantams haven't snapped him up by now.

If he wanted to go to Bradford for financial reasons he could have easily left in January.

Life is a game of fate.

Hill not waiting around on 15:07 - Jun 5 with 2628 viewsfitzochris

Purely from a selfish point of view, that being me putting my love of the club above all else, I'm delighted to see Hilly talk this way in public. A no-nonsense message that suggests he too is putting the club first.

However, with such a short comparative career, you cannot blame players for seeking the best deal for themselves - and it's not always a reflection on the club that they are looking to move on. If a player can earn the same money in one year as he can at Dale in two, he is going to move, no matter how much he respects the club.

I hope JK signs, but if he can do better for himself elsewhere, so be it. We're not exactly short in the middle of the park at the moment. Granted a lot of our players are young and inexperienced, but they all look capable.

Defence is the area I'm concerned about and that's why I'm keen to hear about Bennett. We need numbers and fast. I fully trust Hilly is on the case and hope to hear something in the next week or so.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill not waiting around on 15:26 - Jun 5 with 2583 viewspl56

Hill not waiting around on 15:07 - Jun 5 by fitzochris

Purely from a selfish point of view, that being me putting my love of the club above all else, I'm delighted to see Hilly talk this way in public. A no-nonsense message that suggests he too is putting the club first.

However, with such a short comparative career, you cannot blame players for seeking the best deal for themselves - and it's not always a reflection on the club that they are looking to move on. If a player can earn the same money in one year as he can at Dale in two, he is going to move, no matter how much he respects the club.

I hope JK signs, but if he can do better for himself elsewhere, so be it. We're not exactly short in the middle of the park at the moment. Granted a lot of our players are young and inexperienced, but they all look capable.

Defence is the area I'm concerned about and that's why I'm keen to hear about Bennett. We need numbers and fast. I fully trust Hilly is on the case and hope to hear something in the next week or so.

I know where you're coming from on the issue of defensive cover , but from what I've read from KH he seems to have people in his sights ; so for me its a question of recruiting the right quality in whatever time it takes .

To some extent , I think we've all been spoiled this close season with the speed at which signings have been made , and contract offers accepted . In previous years its not been unusual to have no new signings until the point when existing contracts expire at the end of June (normally).
Hill not waiting around on 15:28 - Jun 5 with 2572 viewsfitzochris

Hill not waiting around on 15:26 - Jun 5 by pl56

I know where you're coming from on the issue of defensive cover , but from what I've read from KH he seems to have people in his sights ; so for me its a question of recruiting the right quality in whatever time it takes .

To some extent , I think we've all been spoiled this close season with the speed at which signings have been made , and contract offers accepted . In previous years its not been unusual to have no new signings until the point when existing contracts expire at the end of June (normally).

Sorry. Yeah, I was meaning more in relation to Bennett hurrying up and stating his intentions so that Hilly knows exactly what defensive players he needs.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hill not waiting around on 15:54 - Jun 5 with 2495 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill not waiting around on 11:42 - Jun 5 by D_Dale

Hill says "Two out of the eight who were offered new deals by the club this summer have yet to accept and Hill admits there can be no waiting around." Then goes on about Kennedy, but no mention of the other player (Bennett?). Seems he's getting anxious for a decision from JK.

Thing with Bennett is that we can't withdraw any contract offer because we'd relinquish our rights to age-related compensation.

He's in talks with another club but Hill wont, and shouldn't wait around for him to decide and if other players come along and want to join us then we have to do it, if he wants to go, then go.

If I hadn't seen such riches, I could live with being poor

Hill not waiting around on 16:11 - Jun 5 with 2464 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Hill not waiting around on 15:54 - Jun 5 by ChaffRAFC

Thing with Bennett is that we can't withdraw any contract offer because we'd relinquish our rights to age-related compensation.

He's in talks with another club but Hill wont, and shouldn't wait around for him to decide and if other players come along and want to join us then we have to do it, if he wants to go, then go.

Is Bennett still crocked and recovering at Dale's expense.....?

Surely,no club would be keen to do business if that is still the case.
Bit of loyalty,young man?
Hill not waiting around on 16:13 - Jun 5 with 2460 viewsChaffRAFC

Well last we heard was that he was going to miss all pre-season and part of the season too so it seemed strange that a club was going to sign him given he wouldn't be able to pass any medical, especially as a fee would have to be involved. But there you go.

Hill not waiting around on 21:51 - Jun 5 with 2140 viewsMoonyDale

Hill not waiting around on 16:13 - Jun 5 by ChaffRAFC

Well last we heard was that he was going to miss all pre-season and part of the season too so it seemed strange that a club was going to sign him given he wouldn't be able to pass any medical, especially as a fee would have to be involved. But there you go.

Do we know the other club he's in talks with?

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Hill not waiting around on 21:52 - Jun 5 with 2136 viewsChaffRAFC

Hill not waiting around on 21:51 - Jun 5 by MoonyDale

Do we know the other club he's in talks with?

No

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024