Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Could George D. become the next.... 19:17 - Mar 16 with 9451 viewsBigKindo

............Holt, Lambert, Murray, Le Fondre, Buckley. Answers in one word.
Could George D. become the next.... on 13:31 - Mar 17 with 1857 viewssweetcorn

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:24 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

In the last 3 games none of our strikers have scored more than Donnelly. Yes, hes missed a few but at least he puts in the effort to get there in the first place.

Yes he has scored 2, fair play to him for that and he grafts, but he is far from good enough, It's not just about goals, he doesn't really bring anything to the team, as I don't really count closing defenders on the ball as bringing something to the team, as its the basics of being a striker.

His first touch is appalling and his finishing is as accurate as a blind archer.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:34 - Mar 17 with 1834 viewsSalwaDale

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:31 - Mar 17 by sweetcorn

Yes he has scored 2, fair play to him for that and he grafts, but he is far from good enough, It's not just about goals, he doesn't really bring anything to the team, as I don't really count closing defenders on the ball as bringing something to the team, as its the basics of being a striker.

His first touch is appalling and his finishing is as accurate as a blind archer.

I'd say he brings a lot to the team, his effort in chasing down etc means we can play on the front foot and up the tempo. If he could finish chances and be intelligent on the ball then he would be a very good player. Whether that can ever happen is a different matter.

TBBT

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:40 - Mar 17 with 1828 viewssweetcorn

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:34 - Mar 17 by SalwaDale

I'd say he brings a lot to the team, his effort in chasing down etc means we can play on the front foot and up the tempo. If he could finish chances and be intelligent on the ball then he would be a very good player. Whether that can ever happen is a different matter.

But as i've said, closing down a defender is basic stuff for a striker, I know they don't all do it, but as we've seen with grimes, the lack of workrate will see you dumped to the bench.

I've often said he has it all to be a top top player, except the most vital part and that is a footballing brain, unfortunatley I think he'll be remembered for bad rather than good when his rochdale career is over.

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:45 - Mar 17 with 1819 viewsSalwaDale

Could George D. become the next.... on 13:40 - Mar 17 by sweetcorn

But as i've said, closing down a defender is basic stuff for a striker, I know they don't all do it, but as we've seen with grimes, the lack of workrate will see you dumped to the bench.

I've often said he has it all to be a top top player, except the most vital part and that is a footballing brain, unfortunatley I think he'll be remembered for bad rather than good when his rochdale career is over.

Can't disagree with that.

TBBT

Could George D. become the next.... on 14:01 - Mar 17 with 1797 viewsD_Alien

Anyone who tweets about the opposition being dogshit must be so massively thick-skinned that no criticism coming his way could possibly have an effect.

I guess its the additional layers of skin that get in the way when the ball presents itself in front of a gaping goal.

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Could George D. become the next.... on 21:22 - Mar 17 with 1701 viewstomtheenemy

I see donnellys future AWAY AWAY OH OH AWAY FROM HERE

He is a goalscoreraphobic YEAH YEAH

Lets wake this tea party up

Could George D. become the next.... on 10:28 - Mar 18 with 1664 viewsBlueDutch

Never.

upthedale.nl

Could George D. become the next.... on 16:37 - Mar 18 with 1608 viewsAtThePeake

Could George D. become the next.... on 21:22 - Mar 17 by tomtheenemy

I see donnellys future AWAY AWAY OH OH AWAY FROM HERE

He is a goalscoreraphobic YEAH YEAH

Brilliant. Goalscoreaphobic.

Tangled up in blue.

Login to get fewer ads

Could George D. become the next.... on 17:02 - Mar 18 with 1595 viewsYouTubeDale

Could George D. become the next.... on 16:37 - Mar 18 by AtThePeake

Brilliant. Goalscoreaphobic.

Goalscoreaphobic...let's play call my bluff...

Jesus saves but Beasley scores off the rebound.
Poll: Do you want Keith Hill to leave immediately?

Could George D. become the next.... on 18:21 - Apr 6 with 1488 viewsBigKindo

...and after today. I remember the stick David Cross received until we went to Reading and he scored twice in a two apiece draw and thereafter he never looked back.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Could George D. become the next.... on 18:36 - Apr 6 with 1448 viewsolympicdale

Could George D. become the next.... on 14:01 - Mar 17 by D_Alien

Anyone who tweets about the opposition being dogshit must be so massively thick-skinned that no criticism coming his way could possibly have an effect.

I guess its the additional layers of skin that get in the way when the ball presents itself in front of a gaping goal.

When are we going to let that go, he made a mistake, I'm sure he regrets it. I hate hearing that nickname about one of our own players called form the stands.

Life is a game of fate.

Could George D. become the next.... on 18:41 - Apr 6 with 1427 viewsmacro

I've slated Donnelly but from looking like a non league player who couldn't hit a barn door, he now looks fitter, he's working harder and looks like a prospect. I never thought I'd be saying that towards the end of colemans reign
Could George D. become the next.... on 19:05 - Apr 6 with 1377 viewsD_Alien

Could George D. become the next.... on 18:36 - Apr 6 by olympicdale

When are we going to let that go, he made a mistake, I'm sure he regrets it. I hate hearing that nickname about one of our own players called form the stands.

OD, if I was so f**king banal as to reply to a post from three weeks ago, I'd hang myself.

Edit: and that includes the saddo's who've thumbs'd it up

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:19 - Apr 6 with 1358 viewsBigKindo

So to go back to my original question being 3 weeks down the line is G.D. going to make the grade? Is Hilly changing an uncut diamond into a marketable product?
Could George D. become the next.... on 19:19 - Apr 6 with 1352 views49thseason

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:05 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

OD, if I was so f**king banal as to reply to a post from three weeks ago, I'd hang myself.

Let it go guys. If KH thinks Donnelly has the makings of a decent player then so be it. He must have seen things in training that we haven't seen on the pitch.
I don't think he will ever be a worldbeater,but if he works hard and scores nearly every week who cares? Lets be honest we have had plenty of so-called strikers who came here with decent reputations who did nothing.
The best thing about Donnelly for me is that if he doesn't know what he is doing how can you defend against him?
Could George D. become the next.... on 19:24 - Apr 6 with 1335 viewsD_Alien

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:19 - Apr 6 by 49thseason

Let it go guys. If KH thinks Donnelly has the makings of a decent player then so be it. He must have seen things in training that we haven't seen on the pitch.
I don't think he will ever be a worldbeater,but if he works hard and scores nearly every week who cares? Lets be honest we have had plenty of so-called strikers who came here with decent reputations who did nothing.
The best thing about Donnelly for me is that if he doesn't know what he is doing how can you defend against him?

More than happy to let it go!

I was simply commenting on OD's idiocy.

To the point... Donnelly has the chance to become a real cause celebre, a kind of totem of the way in which Hilly can transform the abilities and fortunes of an individual footballer to the benefit of the team.

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:57 - Apr 6 with 1292 viewsrafcjosh

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:24 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

More than happy to let it go!

I was simply commenting on OD's idiocy.

To the point... Donnelly has the chance to become a real cause celebre, a kind of totem of the way in which Hilly can transform the abilities and fortunes of an individual footballer to the benefit of the team.

Fantastic post.

Donnelly has the potential to be the star man next season, if we keep hold of Hendo & sign another decent striker I have high hopes for next season. In regards to him becoming the next Holt, Lambert, ALF etc who knows? I certainly hope so any way.
Could George D. become the next.... on 19:58 - Apr 6 with 1288 viewsMoonyDale

Could George D. become the next.... on 08:35 - Mar 17 by TalkingSutty

Wow, what a way to treat one of our own. I would like to think the large majority of posters will distance themselves from this comment.

Hilly must be wondering what sort of so called supporters we have at this club....so much for team Rochdale !!

On behalf of the decent Dale supporters i would like to apologise to George and his family if he is reading this post.

Spot on TS, keep plugging away Georgie. Not everyone on the terraces think the same, you are one of ours and we shouldn't be treating one of our own so badly...

Poll: Hill in or out? 2nd referendum.....

Could George D. become the next.... on 20:03 - Apr 6 with 1267 viewssweetcorn

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:58 - Apr 6 by MoonyDale

Spot on TS, keep plugging away Georgie. Not everyone on the terraces think the same, you are one of ours and we shouldn't be treating one of our own so badly...

I know, who'd a thought it? Keith Hill is a modern pioneer, he has managed to find a cure for the bad aids.

Georgey is turning the table on his haters and proving us wrong. I take me hat off dogshit.

Could George D. become the next.... on 20:06 - Apr 6 with 1254 viewsTalkingSutty

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:58 - Apr 6 by MoonyDale

He runs himself to a standstill when i see him play and after some of the lazy, disinterested excuses of professional footballers we have seen at Spotland over the last couple of years i am grateful for that.

His goal today summed him up, the keeper got a hand to it and then it was a race to the line, nobody was going to stop George from getting there first !!
Could George D. become the next.... on 20:24 - Apr 6 with 1217 viewsDale_Pea

Could George D. become the next.... on 19:05 - Apr 6 by D_Alien

It was Big Kindo who bumped this thread back up, and I'm sure Olympic Dale only replied to your three week old comment because he'd only just seen it. No need to get in a huff with him really.

Best buddy of' Irish_rafc' xox

Could George D. become the next.... on 20:26 - Apr 6 with 1206 viewsBigKindo

It would be interesting to ask him the question is he enjoying his football more under Hilly than others although I doubt we will be privy to his answer? He certainly under the recent regime has taken the bit between his teeth. I think that we may be seeing the emergence of a new Daley hero and marketable asset. A lot now depands on Hilly staying at the Dale.
Could George D. become the next.... on 20:34 - Apr 6 with 1180 viewsD_Alien

Could George D. become the next.... on 20:24 - Apr 6 by Dale_Pea

It was Big Kindo who bumped this thread back up, and I'm sure Olympic Dale only replied to your three week old comment because he'd only just seen it. No need to get in a huff with him really.

I realise that, just let it go.

You wouldn't want me to go searching for three-week-old replies you've made to OD giving him grief, now would you?

Could George D. become the next.... on 20:36 - Apr 6 with 1172 viewsAlbert_Whitehurst

Today was my first game of 2013, last saw us at Bradford (A). Very pleased to see what a sprinkling of Hillydust has done for George. Led the line very well.

Will never be a 20 goal a season striker for us, but playing as a target man...he could well t-up 20 for a strike partner.
Could George D. become the next.... on 20:40 - Apr 6 with 1164 viewssykeboy

Could George D. become the next.... on 20:36 - Apr 6 by Albert_Whitehurst

Today was my first game of 2013, last saw us at Bradford (A). Very pleased to see what a sprinkling of Hillydust has done for George. Led the line very well.

Will never be a 20 goal a season striker for us, but playing as a target man...he could well t-up 20 for a strike partner.

the same could have been said about tom pope who struggled for a couple of seasons and look at him now
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024