Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 42362 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 07:40 - Jan 14 with 2297 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 07:25 - Jan 14 by wood_hoop

Seems he will be appealing, would have thought the Aussies would have thought he would, so imagine their case will be very strong.

https://mobile.twitter.com/CroweDM/status/1481889974547259392?ref_src=twsrc%5Etf

The way I see it is that if any normal person had lied to get into Australia as Djokovic has done on at least one occasion then they would face the same outcome so it’s the right decision.

I’m sure others will disagree but at the end of the day it’s Australia’s country and their laws.
Well Done Australia on 07:49 - Jan 14 with 2263 viewsPaddyhoops

Something like 93 percent of People in Melbourne are vaccinated.
I should imagine they are quiet pleased with this decision and who can blame them.
We will have the usual outcry from Serbian and anti vaxers. The fact is he showed no respect for covid rules and let's be honest his only route into Australia was to have tested positive for covid a couple of weeks before he arrived and lo and behold ..he did. Very convenient.
On a another note , I don't believe in mandatory vaccinations but the vaccinations have been a huge help in getting us back to some sort of normality.
Well Done Australia on 07:54 - Jan 14 with 2253 viewsShotKneesHoop

I've been through Sydney a couple of times. Oz border security and customs are very tight - but also very clear, They make a point of asking "Did you pack this bag?" and' "Did you understand this immigration form?" and "Did you complete it yourself"

Watch "Nothing To Declare?" on Channel 107 and you'll see them ask it.

Djokovic blaming his agent for incorrectly completing his immigration card is therefore no excuse and is sufficient reason to chuck him out. Good on yer, Oz.

And he will also get a three year visa ban on top of being sent home.

Randy Andy stripped of HRH titles. Bojo running out of road. ECB being accused of being racist.

All I want now is a 1-0 win on Saturday to complete one of the best weeks I've had in ages!

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 8:00]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Well Done Australia on 08:23 - Jan 14 with 2159 viewsJuzzie

Well Done Australia on 07:35 - Jan 14 by distortR

130k new cases in Oz yesterday.

So important they kept this bloke out..........................

That’s a bit flippant. It’s about maintaining fairness. Why should people in Oz have to follow the rules and all that goes with it when others can just waltz in and carry on as normal.
This is no different to the UK where people couldn’t celebrate birthdays, weddings or say goodbye to loved ones and yet the government have parties.
Well Done Australia on 09:02 - Jan 14 with 2075 viewsCorbyQPR

Well Done Australia on 11:43 - Jan 13 by Juzzie

I would love it to be but that's a utopian world that doesn't exist so I fully understand why it shouldn't be mandatory.

I get the notion of not burdening the health service or not affecting others but, as has been pointed out already, so many other aspects of life do this already..... smoking, excessive alcohol, obesity, riding a bicycle, riding a motorbike and so on.

The health service is there to serve this very purpose.... look after people. Yes, there is a collective thought that people should look after themselves but clearly that will never happen because not everyone is like that. So, rather than forcing people to take something they don't want (medical exempt people aside) how about the government invests in the NHS to be able to do it's job properly rather than slyly trying to sell it off and creating a US style situation which we know doesn't work and has always been about money not about looking after people.

I also get that innocent people may get caught up by catching it from someone but I could equally get run over crossing the road, which I have come close on a few occasions, when some fkwit has jumped the lights.

Life is fraught with dangers from others, if we strive to eradicate one of those then we have to eradicate all of them.

It's a really difficult situation with no easy one-size-fits-all answer. Am I happy about people simply not wanting to have the vaccine because they don't want to? No, of course not but that is the correct world we live in.

edit: I see I have been down voted already... that's fine but care to elaborate?

You have to understand the thought behind my post is along the lines of "I may disagree with what you have to say, but I shall defend, to the death, your right to say it.". This is the essence of a liberal democracy.

[Post edited 13 Jan 2022 12:49]

Last paragraph - Well said.

I think the NHS are waking up & making sure the blame for the fall out that's coming sits where it should, with the government by now coming out to lay clearly on the table the effect the crazy mandates will have on nursing & midwifery.
Well Done Australia on 09:04 - Jan 14 with 2074 viewsahoz

UK has its Ian Foot, Oz has its Alex Hawke. Regardless of whether the decision was correct or not, something is very wrong when an unelected official, whom virtually no-one has heard of, can overrule the courts by his individual decision.
Well Done Australia on 09:20 - Jan 14 with 2035 viewstraininvain

Well Done Australia on 09:04 - Jan 14 by ahoz

UK has its Ian Foot, Oz has its Alex Hawke. Regardless of whether the decision was correct or not, something is very wrong when an unelected official, whom virtually no-one has heard of, can overrule the courts by his individual decision.

Isn’t the immigration minister part of the elected government?
Well Done Australia on 10:01 - Jan 14 with 1921 viewseastside_r

Whatever the rights or wrongs, this is absolutely hilarious and much more entertaining than tennis, which is a terrible sport. *

(* others views on tennis are available.)
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 10:03]
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 10:07 - Jan 14 with 1886 viewsJuzzie

on 01:00 - Jan 1 by

As said before, he 'won' his Court case on the grounds that the Immigration dept didn't give him the amount of time that they said they would not because he didn't do anything wrong.

But yes, now waiting until the Courts close is a bit low, everyone needs a fair opportunity.

You say he doesn't have covid but I though he said he had a positive PCR on December 16th? Which is it?

The immigration paperwork was wrong. Whoever filled it out and whatever mistakes may have been made it was wrong and it's clearly stated that it is a serious offence to do so.
He's not being deported because he's an anti-vaxer, he's being deported because he doesn't have a vaccine (if he is indeed never had covid then that brings up further questions back in Serbia & Spain) which is a rule of Australia's whether anyone likes it or not and if he has lied about having covid, because that allows him into the country without the need of a vaccination, then I think that's good reason to deport someone.

There are so many things that have gone wrong here, and many people involved, and it's more than just his opinions on vaccinations. It's gone way beyond that but he set this whole ball rolling by basically trying to be 'clever' in order to get into Australia.

Personally I think he should (well, should have done this a week ago) tell the authorities he will go but negotiate a deal that he's not banned for 3 years so he then has an opportunity to compete again next year and also before he retires which will probably be sooner than when any ban would expire. But no, he is too bloody minded and stubborn to do that and he and his family have created a massive hoo-ha out of this.. It will only go against him, sometimes you need to swallow your pride, accept what's going on and get on with it.
Well Done Australia on 11:10 - Jan 14 with 1700 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 07:54 - Jan 14 by ShotKneesHoop

I've been through Sydney a couple of times. Oz border security and customs are very tight - but also very clear, They make a point of asking "Did you pack this bag?" and' "Did you understand this immigration form?" and "Did you complete it yourself"

Watch "Nothing To Declare?" on Channel 107 and you'll see them ask it.

Djokovic blaming his agent for incorrectly completing his immigration card is therefore no excuse and is sufficient reason to chuck him out. Good on yer, Oz.

And he will also get a three year visa ban on top of being sent home.

Randy Andy stripped of HRH titles. Bojo running out of road. ECB being accused of being racist.

All I want now is a 1-0 win on Saturday to complete one of the best weeks I've had in ages!

[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 8:00]

By contrast, I arrived in Melbourne in April 2019, was expecting all of this, having watched this show, they even had signs out saying they were filming for TV, how exciting......I went through an electronic gate, didn't speak to anyone, wasn't asked any questions, no stamp in my passport, nothing.....Was more like arriving back at Luton after a long weekend in Barcelona.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Well Done Australia on 11:22 - Jan 14 with 1681 viewsSydneyRs

There is a court hearing underway right now.

He's lied and fabricated things to get around the rules. Fck him, most of us here want him out asap.
Well Done Australia on 11:28 - Jan 14 with 1655 viewsShotKneesHoop

Well Done Australia on 11:22 - Jan 14 by SydneyRs

There is a court hearing underway right now.

He's lied and fabricated things to get around the rules. Fck him, most of us here want him out asap.

All Djokovic had to do to gain entry to Oz was to tell the truth, follow other countries rules and regulations and fill his own visa and immigration forms in himself.

In Oz we trust, chuck Djokovic out, the UK would make him a Lord - as long as he can bung £3 million in a "certain" account, and they'd have a party in number 10 to celebrate afterwards.
[Post edited 14 Jan 2022 11:38]

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Well Done Australia on 11:31 - Jan 14 with 1628 viewsTW_R

You can hardly exonerate ND from this debacle though, can you? He's acted like an entitled millionaire sportsman, with very little humility. He's tried to circumnavigate clear rules that all the other players had to follow, he's lied on an immigration form, he's been stupid enough to post things on social media that have been used to prove he has broken rules.

The whole "no material difference" thing is irrelevant. To say say someone filled in the form incorrectly for you is laughable. That's like saying my agent put the dope in my bag.
Well Done Australia on 12:06 - Jan 14 with 1567 viewshamptonhillhoop

Well Done Australia on 11:10 - Jan 14 by SheffieldHoop

By contrast, I arrived in Melbourne in April 2019, was expecting all of this, having watched this show, they even had signs out saying they were filming for TV, how exciting......I went through an electronic gate, didn't speak to anyone, wasn't asked any questions, no stamp in my passport, nothing.....Was more like arriving back at Luton after a long weekend in Barcelona.

The UK and Australia have a mutual agreement now that their residents can use each other's electronic gates
Well Done Australia on 12:17 - Jan 14 with 1535 viewsOrthodox_Hoop

Lucid, measured, objective and laden with common sense.

But yeah, fck Djokovic he can get out of oz the arrogant prick etc
Well Done Australia on 12:58 - Jan 14 with 1444 viewsEastR

he's gone a break down in the decider

back in detention until decisive court hearing on Monday

Poll: Is time up for Ainsworth?

Well Done Australia on 13:24 - Jan 14 with 1378 viewsJuzzie

re: Covid, sorry, I thought you were talking about the time around mid December.

Even if he is covid-free now, that's merely not enough to let him.

The judge may have said he had a valid exemption but that would apply for travelling from Monaco to Australia so there's still the matter of his travelling to Serbia and Spain to consider.

Let's say it was a genuine mistake on the form and the answer should have been 'yes', then what.... would he have been allowed in? Maybe but might have had to quarantine for 10-14 days disrupting his plans/training and maybe would miss the start of the tournament or probably not allowed in. Either way a yes answer will probably have caused him not to be able to participate.

He's tried to manipulate the situation but has got it wrong, the travelling to Serbia & Spain being the biggest mistake as well as issues regarding the form. I can't see what reason he can be allowed in, the 'good order' (as in there wasn't any) part of the 'health & good order' stipulation.

I get there's political football being drawn into this but the foundation of all of this lies squarely with him.
Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 14 with 1322 viewsMalintabuk

Hmmm personally at the moment I would not be putting much stall on judges ruling. When here in the UK a judge can find people not guilty of vandalism of a statue whatever the reason.
I think personally he felt he would not have encountered this much hostility. There is a reason you become a champion sports person and one of those qualities if you like is arrogance.
I'm guessing he believed that he could circumnavigate the processes and be allowed in to play. It is irrelevant on our part if we feel the system is flawed, inane or whatever, it is their system and it is clear that his arrogance as not worked
If he had Covid on the 16th then he should not have been doing what he was doing then by attending press releases and training in Spain
So he either never had Covid or had it and carried on. In my mind it as my granny says what goes round comes round
For me I think Australia have made the right decision perhaps the process in getting to that decision could be looked at but in the end I don't think he should be allowed in under any technicalities
Well Done Australia on 14:06 - Jan 14 with 1281 viewsR_from_afar

Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 13 by SheffieldHoop

Well that's the reason the Consultant anaesthetist who challenged Sajid Javid gave. It's rooted in the core ethics of being a medic. It might sound childish, but it is backed up by some fairly ancient wisdom.

Your story sounds like a nightmare, sorry to hear it. Some people might look at that as evidence of the vaccine's ineffectiveness.

The argument isn't about whether people should get vaccinated or not. I think more or less everyone agrees that if you want to, you should. The argument is about whether governments can mandate a vaccine on people who don't want it.

"The argument isn't about whether people should get vaccinated or not. I think more or less everyone agrees that if you want to, you should. The argument is about whether governments can mandate a vaccine on people who don't want it".

The trouble is, the "only have the jab if you fancy it strategy is disastrous" when we are talking about a disease like Covid which is
- Highly contagious
- Often lethal.

If a high percentage of the population is unvaccinated and/or won't isolate when infected, they create risk for others, even those who are healthy, young, not in an at risk ethnic group and have had all their shots and/or had it before. Having a barrier which blocks 90% of the river doesn't prevent a flood.

How Covid affects people is also highly unpredictable. A lot of people are thinking that "unlikely to badly affect" means "definitely won't badly affect". "You'll probably be OK" is not the same as "You *will* be OK". Your reaction to having Covid is not predictable. This is a cast iron fact.

A 102 year old who was alive during the last pandemic got Covid and was fine. My wife's colleague who has had all her jabs, is young, healthy, not in an at risk group, and who has had the virus before has been laid low by it. OK, she is - thankfully - not in ITU but she is simply not functioning like she was before.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Well Done Australia on 14:08 - Jan 14 with 1278 viewsSydneyRs

The judge did not say he had a valid exemption, he did not rule on that at all. He ruled that Djokovic was not given enough time to respond to the decision. That's no longer part of the argument.

I don't believe his supposed positive test in December is genuine. Even if it is, why was he mingling for the next two days when Serbian laws/rules prohibit this.

The UK has just forced through brexit, based on the idea of border control and sovereign state. Now Australia is being criticised by some for enforcing its own rules, that have prevented the tens and in some cases hundreds of thousands of covid related deaths seen in many other countries. Djokovic is not the Messiah, he's a liar trying to circumvent rules to line his own pockets and massage his sizeable ego. He doesn't make the rules here.

The sooner he leaves the better.
Well Done Australia on 14:15 - Jan 14 with 1263 viewsMatch82

Well Done Australia on 14:26 - Jan 11 by Sonofpugwash

Since most on here seem to be vehemently opposed,sometimes over aggressively to anyone who has not been jabbed,I wonder what words and advice you could impart to my niece.
She suffers from Antiphosphorlipid Syndrome which makes a sufferer extremely prone to blood clotting and the side effects of any vaccine makes it highly likely she would die from it.
Would you like to tell her that she,like many others who potentially would succumb to the vaccine through underlying conditions,are being "selfish"?
I shall pass on your thoughts.

I'd say firstly, anyone who holds it against you not getting the vaccine for genuine life threatening medical reasons is insane and entrenched in an overly simplistic viewpoint.

Secondly, people like you are the reason I got the vaccines. I'm not high risk, and assuming I'm not unlucky I'd hope if I get this it would be mild. I'm getting the vaccines and isolating when I should so that I don't pass this onto people like you accidentally.

And thirdly, and most importantly, try to stay safe, which might mean limiting contact with other people who are unvaccinated for whatever reason, logical or not.
Well Done Australia on 15:45 - Jan 14 with 2325 viewskensalriser

Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 14 by Malintabuk

Hmmm personally at the moment I would not be putting much stall on judges ruling. When here in the UK a judge can find people not guilty of vandalism of a statue whatever the reason.
I think personally he felt he would not have encountered this much hostility. There is a reason you become a champion sports person and one of those qualities if you like is arrogance.
I'm guessing he believed that he could circumnavigate the processes and be allowed in to play. It is irrelevant on our part if we feel the system is flawed, inane or whatever, it is their system and it is clear that his arrogance as not worked
If he had Covid on the 16th then he should not have been doing what he was doing then by attending press releases and training in Spain
So he either never had Covid or had it and carried on. In my mind it as my granny says what goes round comes round
For me I think Australia have made the right decision perhaps the process in getting to that decision could be looked at but in the end I don't think he should be allowed in under any technicalities

It was a jury in the Bristol case, not a judge.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Well Done Australia on 15:51 - Jan 14 with 2232 viewsSheffieldHoop

Well Done Australia on 14:06 - Jan 14 by R_from_afar

"The argument isn't about whether people should get vaccinated or not. I think more or less everyone agrees that if you want to, you should. The argument is about whether governments can mandate a vaccine on people who don't want it".

The trouble is, the "only have the jab if you fancy it strategy is disastrous" when we are talking about a disease like Covid which is
- Highly contagious
- Often lethal.

If a high percentage of the population is unvaccinated and/or won't isolate when infected, they create risk for others, even those who are healthy, young, not in an at risk ethnic group and have had all their shots and/or had it before. Having a barrier which blocks 90% of the river doesn't prevent a flood.

How Covid affects people is also highly unpredictable. A lot of people are thinking that "unlikely to badly affect" means "definitely won't badly affect". "You'll probably be OK" is not the same as "You *will* be OK". Your reaction to having Covid is not predictable. This is a cast iron fact.

A 102 year old who was alive during the last pandemic got Covid and was fine. My wife's colleague who has had all her jabs, is young, healthy, not in an at risk group, and who has had the virus before has been laid low by it. OK, she is - thankfully - not in ITU but she is simply not functioning like she was before.

No. Disasterous would be compromising medical ethics because some people got bitter that they've taken the vaccine and it's not working.

"Someone despises me. That's their problem." Marcus Aurelius

Well Done Australia on 16:23 - Jan 14 with 2232 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Well Done Australia on 15:45 - Jan 14 by kensalriser

It was a jury in the Bristol case, not a judge.

Terrifying this needs to be clarified.
Well Done Australia on 17:14 - Jan 14 with 2156 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 08:23 - Jan 14 by Juzzie

That’s a bit flippant. It’s about maintaining fairness. Why should people in Oz have to follow the rules and all that goes with it when others can just waltz in and carry on as normal.
This is no different to the UK where people couldn’t celebrate birthdays, weddings or say goodbye to loved ones and yet the government have parties.

I agree mate, my point was more about the rules at this stage.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024