Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Well Done Australia 21:47 - Jan 5 with 41826 viewsDWQPR

Cancelling the visa for the arrogant anti-Vaxer Djorkovic. Never liked the bloke. Let’s hope other countries follow suit.

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Well Done Australia on 11:40 - Jan 8 with 2584 viewsQPR_Jim

Well Done Australia on 08:26 - Jan 8 by wood_hoop

The problem is they now have 'Social Media to use as their platform, before it was a pile of phamplets and a few placards, the internet has as many foibles as the good it can bring.

The main issue with social media is that it works out what you like, what you're likely to click on and finds you more of the same, so 2 people using social media will get very different information based on what they want to hear. This is why people have more entrenched views and discussion with opposing views is becoming more difficult, because your opinion is continually reinforced on both sides and then when you suddenly come across someone with an opposing view there's a sense of disbelief.

I think both sides of any debate tend to get angry with eachother quicker these days because of this. As an individual you wonder how the other person can hold that opinion in the face of all the information you've seen, when in reality they may be making a valid judgement based on the information they've been presented with.
Well Done Australia on 12:17 - Jan 8 with 2491 viewsnix

Well Done Australia on 10:16 - Jan 8 by CliveWilsonSaid

They’re mad Nix, don’t try to understand.

Equally mad for me are the people at the other end of the spectrum who will gladly spend the rest of their lives “pumping their vains” with this stuff out of some sort of sense of duty. Most of us thankfully are somewhere in the middle asking questions.

It worries me Clive the level of anger and self important posturing out there, fermented by social media.

Whatever your views you shouldn't be railroading others by getting in their faces. And most of all they should leave health workers, who are only doing their jobs, alone to get on with them.
Well Done Australia on 12:43 - Jan 8 with 2432 viewsTW_R

Well Done Australia on 06:31 - Jan 7 by CamberleyR

Getting back to the point about Djokovic. Undeniably one of the all time greats of tennis he is, but the bloke is an absolute fûcking nutjob. He believes that polluted water can be transformed by the power of positive energy. I'll just leave this here.

If this story is true he should be thrown out of Oz and all international tennis tournaments immediately. He’s either spreading COVID after testing positive or he is just lying to be able to play.

https://www.joe.co.uk/news/novak-djokovic-photographed-maskless-at-event-a-day-a

Also, according to this, the Australian Open deadline for exemptions was 10th December, so arguing that he has a positive test on 16th December isn’t going to help his case.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 12:49]
Well Done Australia on 13:35 - Jan 8 with 2365 viewskensalriser

How exceptionally convenient that he just happened to test positive in December when he was under the impression it would give him an exception.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Well Done Australia on 13:35 - Jan 8 with 2348 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 14:41 - Jan 7 by BrianMcCarthy

"And this is one of the points - if the vaccine doesn't stop you getting or passing on the virus ..."

Vaccines DO stop you from getting the virus in 85-95% of cases, and therefore stop you from passing it on.

Surely, we can all agree on this at least.

I'm afraid that's not so, Brian. The scientists now say that after 8 weeks the vaccines do little to stop you acquiring and transmitting the virus. So, if the scientists are correct, why so much hatred and fear of the unvaccinated? It's nonsense IMO. Get vaccinated if you want, don't get vaccinated if you don't want. Now crack on. No testing, no isolation, no covid passports. Simple.

For the record I've had all the vaccines, but I completely understand why others may not wish to do so. However, I certainly WILL NOT be having a covid passport under any circumstances, nor will I ever be taking any tests or isolating myself. Everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been. No need for testing, isolating, covid passports and all that bollox. Time to move on.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 13:43]
Well Done Australia on 13:40 - Jan 8 with 2352 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 13:35 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

I'm afraid that's not so, Brian. The scientists now say that after 8 weeks the vaccines do little to stop you acquiring and transmitting the virus. So, if the scientists are correct, why so much hatred and fear of the unvaccinated? It's nonsense IMO. Get vaccinated if you want, don't get vaccinated if you don't want. Now crack on. No testing, no isolation, no covid passports. Simple.

For the record I've had all the vaccines, but I completely understand why others may not wish to do so. However, I certainly WILL NOT be having a covid passport under any circumstances, nor will I ever be taking any tests or isolating myself. Everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been. No need for testing, isolating, covid passports and all that bollox. Time to move on.

Right, but it works for 8 weeks then?

I'm genuinely asking.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Well Done Australia on 13:53 - Jan 8 with 2311 viewsfrancisbowles

No need for testing or isolation.

Very selfish attitude.
Well Done Australia on 13:56 - Jan 8 with 2282 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 13:53 - Jan 8 by francisbowles

No need for testing or isolation.

Very selfish attitude.

Why is it selfish? You've all been vaccinated haven't you? So what's the issue? Why should anyone need to test or isolate themselves when everyone who wants to be vaccinated has been vaccinated? Or are you saying that we all still need to test and isolate, thereby making vaccination pretty much pointless? Genuinely puzzled by your comment.
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 14:01]
Login to get fewer ads

Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 8 with 2276 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 13:40 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm genuinely asking.

It stops serious illness for far longer, but they seem to be saying it does little to stop acquisition and transmission after about 8 weeks. If that is correct, then I question why is everybody so full of hatred for those who don't want to be vaccinated, when they're no more likely to acquire and transmit the virus than any of us vaccinated are? It's a personal choice, so let's leave them to make it and crack on without vilifying them and/or making them outcasts from society. All the rhetoric against the unvaccinated from govts makes me deeply suspicious, and IMO is either political or something far more sinister.. In view of the facts, it's certainly not about health,

I hope ND causes as much difficulty as he can for the Australian government. Perhaps the public may then start taking issue the Govt narrative
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 14:06]
Well Done Australia on 14:02 - Jan 8 with 2277 viewsBklynRanger

Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

It stops serious illness for far longer, but they seem to be saying it does little to stop acquisition and transmission after about 8 weeks. If that is correct, then I question why is everybody so full of hatred for those who don't want to be vaccinated, when they're no more likely to acquire and transmit the virus than any of us vaccinated are? It's a personal choice, so let's leave them to make it and crack on without vilifying them and/or making them outcasts from society. All the rhetoric against the unvaccinated from govts makes me deeply suspicious, and IMO is either political or something far more sinister.. In view of the facts, it's certainly not about health,

I hope ND causes as much difficulty as he can for the Australian government. Perhaps the public may then start taking issue the Govt narrative

I'm not going to get into this, but, hatred apart (which is over the top) isn't your answer in your first few words? It stops serious illness - i.e. greatly reduces the likelihood of you being admitted to hospital, taking up a bed, for something that is currently largely preventable. If it stops transmission for the first 8 weeks so much the better.

I have a lot of trouble getting past the sense of entitlement that's coming through with a lot of the anti-vax ideas. I'll just leave it at that.
Well Done Australia on 14:08 - Jan 8 with 2251 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 13:58 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

But they are more likely to acquire and transmit, surely, by your own definition?

You seem to be saying yourself that vaccines work for at least eight weeks and they help stem transmission.

I'm not in favour of any hatred or demonisation, by the way, just trying to find some common ground.

Well Done Australia on 14:17 - Jan 8 with 2214 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 14:08 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

But they are more likely to acquire and transmit, surely, by your own definition?

You seem to be saying yourself that vaccines work for at least eight weeks and they help stem transmission.

I'm not in favour of any hatred or demonisation, by the way, just trying to find some common ground.

"But they are more likely to acquire and transmit, surely, by your own definition?". Not after 8 weeks, so I read Brian.

As I've said, I've been vaccinated so why would I worry about the unvaccinated? They cause no threat to me or anyone else. It's their choice. Leave them to it, but don't exclude them from anything because it makes no sense whatsoever to do so (and merely creates yet more division and hatred, which we certainly don't need).

I think the common ground we can find is that it appears fairly certain that vaccination does, thankfully, stop serious illness
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 14:27]
Well Done Australia on 14:20 - Jan 8 with 2219 viewskensalriser

Surprised this bozo hasn't been banned yet.

Well Done Australia on 14:27 - Jan 8 with 2199 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 14:17 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

"But they are more likely to acquire and transmit, surely, by your own definition?". Not after 8 weeks, so I read Brian.

As I've said, I've been vaccinated so why would I worry about the unvaccinated? They cause no threat to me or anyone else. It's their choice. Leave them to it, but don't exclude them from anything because it makes no sense whatsoever to do so (and merely creates yet more division and hatred, which we certainly don't need).

I think the common ground we can find is that it appears fairly certain that vaccination does, thankfully, stop serious illness
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 14:27]

I think the reason people worry is that they can get it a second time, and a third, and if they have underlying health issues it may kill them.

And the unvaccinated are more likely, as we've established, to give it to them than the vaccinated (at least for those first eight weeks).

Well Done Australia on 14:55 - Jan 8 with 2152 viewsR_from_afar

The trouble is, having all your jabs does not make you invulnerable to the virus.

My wife's colleague has had the third vaccination yet she has still contracted Covid and is feeling exhausted and has brain fog.

This in spite of being in her 30s, fit and healthy, not of BAME origin and...significantly, having had Covid before.

"Things had started becoming increasingly desperate at Loftus Road but QPR have been handed a massive lifeline and the place has absolutely erupted. it's carnage. It's bedlam. It's 1-1."

Well Done Australia on 17:48 - Jan 8 with 2043 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 14:55 - Jan 8 by R_from_afar

The trouble is, having all your jabs does not make you invulnerable to the virus.

My wife's colleague has had the third vaccination yet she has still contracted Covid and is feeling exhausted and has brain fog.

This in spite of being in her 30s, fit and healthy, not of BAME origin and...significantly, having had Covid before.

But she isn't dead, nor seriously ill. In any event, facing illness is just part and parcel of life. We face the prospect all manner of illnesses, and indeed all manner of dangers, every day. We've protected ourselves as best we can. That's the purpose of the vaccines, for those who want them. Time.to move on, so good on ND for what he's doing. I'll say no more on the subject.

Cmon you Rs
Well Done Australia on 17:59 - Jan 8 with 2025 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 14:20 - Jan 8 by kensalriser

while I don't agree with him on most things, why should he be banned? He's got as much right to his opinion as you have to yours.

I'll add that i rarely bother to read his posts, which is surely the mature, democratic way to deal with it?

Edit - mainly because I find them repetitious, rather then insulting, rude etc
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 18:03]
Well Done Australia on 18:32 - Jan 8 with 1961 viewskensalriser

Well Done Australia on 17:59 - Jan 8 by distortR

while I don't agree with him on most things, why should he be banned? He's got as much right to his opinion as you have to yours.

I'll add that i rarely bother to read his posts, which is surely the mature, democratic way to deal with it?

Edit - mainly because I find them repetitious, rather then insulting, rude etc
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 18:03]

For thread crapping and persistent non-football related drivel that probably uses up a disproportionate amount of Clive's time managing the forum.

Well Done Australia on 18:33 - Jan 8 with 1954 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 18:32 - Jan 8 by kensalriser

For thread crapping and persistent non-football related drivel that probably uses up a disproportionate amount of Clive's time managing the forum.

well, it is a non-football related thread...........
Well Done Australia on 19:33 - Jan 8 with 1870 viewsThe_Beast1976

Well Done Australia on 14:20 - Jan 8 by kensalriser

Just realised , Novak’s name is also his vaccination status…
Well Done Australia on 19:35 - Jan 8 with 1871 viewsdistortR

Well Done Australia on 19:33 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

Just realised , Novak’s name is also his vaccination status…

that was crap.

Well Done Australia on 19:36 - Jan 8 with 1867 viewsTW_R

Well Done Australia on 17:48 - Jan 8 by The_Beast1976

But she isn't dead, nor seriously ill. In any event, facing illness is just part and parcel of life. We face the prospect all manner of illnesses, and indeed all manner of dangers, every day. We've protected ourselves as best we can. That's the purpose of the vaccines, for those who want them. Time.to move on, so good on ND for what he's doing. I'll say no more on the subject.

Cmon you Rs

So you think it’s good that he won’t say whether he’s vaccinated or not and that his legal team are either lying about him having tested positive on 16th December or he went and met a bunch of kids on 17th December knowing he had COVID. He’s doing great things there!
Well Done Australia on 21:04 - Jan 8 with 1793 viewsHoopsie

Testing and isolating

Even if you are double / triple vaccinated you could still be infected, be asymptomatic or be sick (but mostly not seriously) and still you could pass it around to people around or close to you

Unfortunately notwithstanding the omicron variant we know that vaccination is not tantamount to being immune to the disease 100%, much that we like to think it is or to be, but it isn’t and not to be

So testing and isolating if you are tested positive is just being socially responsible especially to the people around you and your close contacts which always invariably means family friends mates etc

Vaccinated people with medical history could still contact the disease and could became very ill and strong young people with no history succumbed to the disease despite being fully vaccinated. That is why we still need Covid measures like sanitation, wearing masks, social distancing….

It is easy to say why should I care about the unvaccinated but surely you mean the anti-vax extremist as surely you would like to protect the innocent unvaccinated - babies, infants, toddlers - our young generation who can’t be vaccinated yet or people with serious medical issues that can’t be vaccinated but not by choice. There are cases where this group succumbed to the disease too, so it is very serious.

So if you do get symptoms go get tested and isolate if required. Care about others as much as yourself (or a little less is ok I guess)

Do the right thing?
[Post edited 8 Jan 2022 21:09]

Poll: At this moment in time, whatever the situation, your thoughts on Chris Willock

Well Done Australia on 21:18 - Jan 8 with 1777 viewstkqpr

Well Done Australia on 13:40 - Jan 8 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm genuinely asking.

Brian, i would rather the advice be, to take Vitamin D supplement (with K2), Vit C, Zinc, etc that will help 'booster' your immune system, which it does, especially in the winter months, rather than take a jab every 8 weeks, wouldn't you? Where are the medical and health experts that we see on TV advising us of this? Lets booster our immunity in a healthier way, surely thats best?

Having a jab every 8 weeks is insane. At what cost to the country and potentially at what cost to your future well being.
Well Done Australia on 21:26 - Jan 8 with 1762 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Well Done Australia on 21:18 - Jan 8 by tkqpr

Brian, i would rather the advice be, to take Vitamin D supplement (with K2), Vit C, Zinc, etc that will help 'booster' your immune system, which it does, especially in the winter months, rather than take a jab every 8 weeks, wouldn't you? Where are the medical and health experts that we see on TV advising us of this? Lets booster our immunity in a healthier way, surely thats best?

Having a jab every 8 weeks is insane. At what cost to the country and potentially at what cost to your future well being.

Well, I hope you're right TK.

I really don't know. I'm very happy with the Irish Health Service's advice and performance, but you may of course also be correct that there is an alternative.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024