Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Ntcham 11:57 - Aug 31 with 25084 viewsChief

Surely he'd want a decent signing on fee and hefty wages?

Is this something we'd actually go for?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Oliver Ntcham on 11:38 - Sep 10 with 1645 viewsBadlands

Comment on Laudrup comments.

It's typical of some of our fans to slag off a manager who we won our only ever major trophy, to the last 16 of a major European cup and playing football that made us the darlings of Europe and within budget and had to contend with a jealous club captain who wanted to be the manager, got the job, destroyed our style and turned our football into a bus parking hoofball team from which we have yst to recover.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oliver Ntcham on 14:06 - Sep 10 with 1576 viewspencoedjack

Oliver Ntcham on 11:38 - Sep 10 by Badlands

Comment on Laudrup comments.

It's typical of some of our fans to slag off a manager who we won our only ever major trophy, to the last 16 of a major European cup and playing football that made us the darlings of Europe and within budget and had to contend with a jealous club captain who wanted to be the manager, got the job, destroyed our style and turned our football into a bus parking hoofball team from which we have yst to recover.

Sums it up nicely 👍
Oliver Ntch on 14:29 - Sep 10 with 1552 viewsDr_Winston

Oliver Ntch on 21:17 - Sep 9 by Catullus

Weren't some of our injury woes caused by Laudrup, specifically Michu's bad ankles. Laudrup kept playing the injured. He kept putting Michu in despite those bad ankles and never stopped his habit of kicking the advertising hoardings. I'm sure that did for Michu in the end.

If kicking the hoardings hurt, he wouldn't have done it. He just had congenitally bad ankles. "Like a 70 year old" is how it was quoted to me by someone who would know. It happens. Not every footballer is an Ashley Williams. Some have issues that can't be prevented or treated in the long run. they're just fragile.

I do tend to agree that they were probably not helped by being overplayed during a time where we had Bony available tho.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oliver Ntch on 14:34 - Sep 10 with 1547 viewsmax936

Oliver Ntch on 14:29 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

If kicking the hoardings hurt, he wouldn't have done it. He just had congenitally bad ankles. "Like a 70 year old" is how it was quoted to me by someone who would know. It happens. Not every footballer is an Ashley Williams. Some have issues that can't be prevented or treated in the long run. they're just fragile.

I do tend to agree that they were probably not helped by being overplayed during a time where we had Bony available tho.

He knew he had ankle injury issues, l thought and on that basis he was silly in kicking them, as to whether he aggravated those issues by kicking hoardings, the answer must be yes, there’d be no give in the hoarding he kicked, l’ve no doubt it contributed to his early retirement.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Oliver Ntch on 14:42 - Sep 10 with 1542 viewsDr_Winston

Oliver Ntch on 14:34 - Sep 10 by max936

He knew he had ankle injury issues, l thought and on that basis he was silly in kicking them, as to whether he aggravated those issues by kicking hoardings, the answer must be yes, there’d be no give in the hoarding he kicked, l’ve no doubt it contributed to his early retirement.

Do people seriously think that the club medical staff wouldn't have had a word with him if it was making things worse?

Playing football with bad ankles contributed to his early retirement. Nothing more.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Oliver Ntch on 18:08 - Sep 10 with 1474 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntch on 14:42 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

Do people seriously think that the club medical staff wouldn't have had a word with him if it was making things worse?

Playing football with bad ankles contributed to his early retirement. Nothing more.

The only issue I have with Michu is there was an option for an insurance pay out for both Michu and the club. Michu would not accept it because he did not accept his career was over at a reasonable level. Both Michu and the club lost out financially.
Oliver Ntch on 18:35 - Sep 10 with 1429 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntch on 14:29 - Sep 10 by Dr_Winston

Don't be too sure.
He had a bit of masochism about him.
It hurt and sometimes pain is a motivator and an adrenaline rush.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oliver Ntcham on 20:27 - Sep 10 with 1376 viewsdantheswansman

Michu was run into the ground plain and simple, anyone saying anything else needs to get down to Specsavers and take advantage of their free eye tests
Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Ntcham on 20:29 - Sep 10 with 1360 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 20:27 - Sep 10 by dantheswansman

Michu was run into the ground plain and simple, anyone saying anything else needs to get down to Specsavers and take advantage of their free eye tests

We've a sad history of selecting injured players

Oliver Ntcham on 20:31 - Sep 10 with 1368 viewsdantheswansman

Oliver Ntcham on 20:29 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

We've a sad history of selecting injured players

The way Laudrup abused that guy was sickening, i will always say Michu is easily the best player i have ever seen in a Swansea City shirt and the way he was treated is definitely the worst, and he still gave everything he possibly could, possibly for the manager more than the club
Oliver Ntcham on 20:40 - Sep 10 with 1347 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 20:31 - Sep 10 by dantheswansman

The way Laudrup abused that guy was sickening, i will always say Michu is easily the best player i have ever seen in a Swansea City shirt and the way he was treated is definitely the worst, and he still gave everything he possibly could, possibly for the manager more than the club

I slagged off Laudrup and not just because he parted his hair on the right.
Like you,I loved Michu,full on and unrequited granted.
His demise was the catalyst for the fall we suffered and still are.

Oliver Ntcham on 21:05 - Sep 10 with 1340 viewsmax936

Oliver Ntcham on 20:27 - Sep 10 by dantheswansman

That's a fair point, but we could all see Michu's desire which probably influenced opinions on his injury, could believe him insisting he was fine and make himself available to play.
Hard for any manager to ignore his best players wishes to play, but who knows what went on.

Oliver Ntcham on 21:51 - Sep 10 with 1292 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 11:23 - Sep 10 by jackrmee

I would have thought that to be the case, but RM has been talking up how fit he is and said he is in "incredible shape".
I'm hoping to see him at number 10 instead of Paterson.

I think Paterson needs to step back as he was physically overwhelmed last time out. It will be nice to see a beast of a player holding our play together in the final third.

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oliver Ntcham on 22:42 - Sep 10 with 1246 viewsmax936

Oliver Ntcham on 21:51 - Sep 10 by Brynmill_Jack

I think Paterson needs to step back as he was physically overwhelmed last time out. It will be nice to see a beast of a player holding our play together in the final third.

I wouldn't expect to much out of Oliver The Beast Ntcham to soon, he's gonna need time.

Oliver Ntcham on 23:34 - Sep 10 with 1216 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 22:42 - Sep 10 by max936

I wouldn't expect to much out of Oliver The Beast Ntcham to soon, he's gonna need time.

Perhaps he’s in better condition than we all think. Can’t wait for tomorrow now - hope Piroe keeps his scoring run going.

Oliver Ntcham on 00:08 - Sep 11 with 1205 viewsWalterBoyd

Oliver Ntcham on 08:22 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Laudrup was rightly sacked.

I was at the West Ham game that proved the final straw, and it was horrific. Ashley Williams was pretty vocal about Laudrup's tactics not working, specifically surrounding how we dealt with Andy Carroll who tore us a new one, and other players called the performance embarrassing - which it was.

When he was sacked we were 2 points above the relegation zone in February and the form of the last 12 months, as well as the performances were the worst they had been at that level since we got there. We got 6 points from a possible 30, in his last 10 games.

People don't like to hear it but those are the facts.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 8:26]

You have not a clue about football if you truly believe what you have typed, I assume it's a wind up or you did not live through that period of Swans football.

List the European matches
List where we were in the cup
List the injuries to the squad

If any true Swans fan doubts Laudrups contribution to our history, well, I struggle to say anything that would get through the sites swear filters, but truly lost for words.

I was at Laudrups unveiling in the Liberty, supporters trust I think, Huw Jenkins- I stood and applauded him in, Laudrup stated clearly, we wont compete at top of the table, but we will give the cup a good run. By F he did.

If any Swans fan did not enjoy his time here, then please fridge off. It was glorious.

Valencia away will live with me to my grave, and there were many other great experiences.
Oliver Ntcham on 00:28 - Sep 11 with 1193 viewsmax936

Oliver Ntcham on 23:34 - Sep 10 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps he’s in better condition than we all think. Can’t wait for tomorrow now - hope Piroe keeps his scoring run going.

Love your positivity Brynnie, pity you're not so positive in getting the Ale in

Oliver Ntcham on 08:55 - Sep 11 with 1109 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 00:28 - Sep 11 by max936

Love your positivity Brynnie, pity you're not so positive in getting the Ale in

Oi shut it you ! I’ll be you’ll be plaguing old Jack for a pint in the railway before the game . Don’t stand too close though, he pees like a racehorse when he’s had a few

First pint for a week for me - been on antibiotics. Beware uplands tavern here we come

Oliver Ntcham on 09:11 - Sep 11 with 1096 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 00:08 - Sep 11 by WalterBoyd

You have not a clue about football if you truly believe what you have typed, I assume it's a wind up or you did not live through that period of Swans football.

If any true Swans fan doubts Laudrups contribution to our history, well, I struggle to say anything that would get through the sites swear filters, but truly lost for words.

I was at Laudrups unveiling in the Liberty, supporters trust I think, Huw Jenkins- I stood and applauded him in, Laudrup stated clearly, we wont compete at top of the table, but we will give the cup a good run. By F he did.

If any Swans fan did not enjoy his time here, then please fridge off. It was glorious.

Valencia away will live with me to my grave, and there were many other great experiences.

This in spades.

I was also at the unveiling, that evening Laudrup said it exactly as it was. Made no promises but said what he hoped we could achieve. The man gave me some of my best footballing moments in over 60 years of supporting the Swans, for that I will be eternally grateful. Anyone who can not see this just does not understand what football is all about.
Oliver Ntcham on 09:24 - Sep 11 with 1078 viewsItchySphincter

Dr P is right.

It was time for Laudrup to go, regardless of what had gone before or what followed. The club got the ensuing years wrong, it that doesn’t mean that they were wrong to let him go. The Laudrup good times were great, no one can deny that, but he’d run out of puff and had no desire to take us forward.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Oliver Ntcham on 09:26 - Sep 11 with 1067 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 09:24 - Sep 11 by ItchySphincter

Dr P is right.

It was time for Laudrup to go, regardless of what had gone before or what followed. The club got the ensuing years wrong, it that doesn’t mean that they were wrong to let him go. The Laudrup good times were great, no one can deny that, but he’d run out of puff and had no desire to take us forward.

I do not disagree it was time for him to go, but you can not scrub out what he did for us. What replaced him was diabolical and the start of our demise. Things should have been done differently.
Oliver Ntcham on 09:50 - Sep 11 with 1035 viewsDr_Parnassus

You seem to have disagreed with me.... yet responded to a completely different post and not responded to any of the points I made.

Where did I say I didn't enjoy his time here? Where did I say I doubted his contribution our history? You seem to have made up what I typed for some reason.

Why would any of the points (that I actually did) make be anything close to a wind up? They are simply facts.

What he achieved in his first 9 months in the job was great. The 12 months that followed it though were awful, we were heading for the trap door with some of the worst performances at that level I saw us make at that time, some of the tactical awareness was laughable.

He had to go.

Any decent teams offered him a job since he left? Ask yourself why.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oliver Ntcham on 10:27 - Sep 11 with 1004 viewsDr_Parnassus

24 points from the 34 games immediately prior to his sacking.

Someone may have to double check that, but that is what I came up with.

That is shocking.

Must be up there with our worst 34 game period at any point in that league, even the dreary years where we were clinging on.

Sorry Laudrup fans.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oliver Ntcham on 11:43 - Sep 11 with 965 viewsmax936

Oliver Ntcham on 08:55 - Sep 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Oi shut it you ! I’ll be you’ll be plaguing old Jack for a pint in the railway before the game . Don’t stand too close though, he pees like a racehorse when he’s had a few

First pint for a week for me - been on antibiotics. Beware uplands tavern here we come

I won't be there, Lads still in Hospital.

Oliver Ntcham on 21:35 - Sep 11 with 829 viewsItchySphincter

Oliver Ntcham on 09:26 - Sep 11 by Whiterockin

I do not disagree it was time for him to go, but you can not scrub out what he did for us. What replaced him was diabolical and the start of our demise. Things should have been done differently.

Yes, we were on the decline, but that does not tarnish his achievements.

If we’re using rose tinted glasses we mustn’t forget Laudrup was replaced with our most successful PL manager, yet we were still steadily on the decline.
[Post edited 12 Sep 2021 10:43]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024