Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Oliver Ntcham 11:57 - Aug 31 with 25085 viewsChief

Surely he'd want a decent signing on fee and hefty wages?

Is this something we'd actually go for?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Oliver Ntcham on 09:23 - Sep 4 with 1557 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 09:10 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Laudrup won us our only major trophy and got us fantastic results in Europe. For me he is up there with our greatest managers. So many fabulous memories, for me that's what football is all about, entertainment, excitement and fabulous memories.

Not disputing that, it was great for a period of about 10 months.

The following 12 though were less than acceptable for that squad and as a result was rightly sacked, we were heading for relegation. 6 points from the previous 30 available is not good enough, playing horrifically too.

The fact he has gone on to nothing of any note suggests we probably didn't miss much.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Oliver Ntcham on 10:04 - Sep 4 with 1505 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 09:23 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Not disputing that, it was great for a period of about 10 months.

The following 12 though were less than acceptable for that squad and as a result was rightly sacked, we were heading for relegation. 6 points from the previous 30 available is not good enough, playing horrifically too.

The fact he has gone on to nothing of any note suggests we probably didn't miss much.

I don't disagree that his time was up, but how much was due to HJ thinking he could do a better job of recruitment that Tutumlu.
Oliver Ntcham on 11:02 - Sep 4 with 1465 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 10:04 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

I don't disagree that his time was up, but how much was due to HJ thinking he could do a better job of recruitment that Tutumlu.

Don't think Tutumlu had too much interest in improving the club. He reportedly was simply looking to employ players he had a personal financial interest in, regardless of if they were good for the clubs financial health. He even tried setting up some of our player sales.

His position was untenable at the club, not that he really had one anyway.

Roma relatively recently had to release a statement regarding him. Bad egg no good for a club like us long term, as it proved.

Oliver Ntcham on 11:15 - Sep 4 with 1458 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 11:02 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Don't think Tutumlu had too much interest in improving the club. He reportedly was simply looking to employ players he had a personal financial interest in, regardless of if they were good for the clubs financial health. He even tried setting up some of our player sales.

His position was untenable at the club, not that he really had one anyway.

Roma relatively recently had to release a statement regarding him. Bad egg no good for a club like us long term, as it proved.

He had a hand in sourcing some of our best players though.
Oliver Ntcham on 11:17 - Sep 4 with 1453 viewsEvs

Oliver Ntcham on 08:22 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Laudrup was rightly sacked.

I was at the West Ham game that proved the final straw, and it was horrific. Ashley Williams was pretty vocal about Laudrup's tactics not working, specifically surrounding how we dealt with Andy Carroll who tore us a new one, and other players called the performance embarrassing - which it was.

When he was sacked we were 2 points above the relegation zone in February and the form of the last 12 months, as well as the performances were the worst they had been at that level since we got there. We got 6 points from a possible 30, in his last 10 games.

People don't like to hear it but those are the facts.
[Post edited 4 Sep 2021 8:26]

I seem to remember reading a report at the time, that Laudrup had been "phoning it in" for a period of time before he was eventually sacked.
Oliver Ntcham on 11:21 - Sep 4 with 1446 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 11:15 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

He had a hand in sourcing some of our best players though.

Absolutely, but not someone we could have at the club for any lengthy period of time. He is poison.

Oliver Ntcham on 11:24 - Sep 4 with 1443 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 11:17 - Sep 4 by Evs

I seem to remember reading a report at the time, that Laudrup had been "phoning it in" for a period of time before he was eventually sacked.

His interest wanes at every club he has been at since Brondby.

He let his contract run down at both his Qatar clubs and hasn't managed anyone in the last 4 years.

His heart clearly isn't in management.

Oliver Ntcham on 11:34 - Sep 4 with 1430 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 11:21 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

Absolutely, but not someone we could have at the club for any lengthy period of time. He is poison.

Michu?
Login to get fewer ads

Oliver Ntcham on 11:37 - Sep 4 with 1414 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 11:34 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Michu?

What about him?

Oliver Ntcham on 11:39 - Sep 4 with 1410 viewsWhiterockin

Oliver Ntcham on 11:37 - Sep 4 by Dr_Parnassus

What about him?

Tutumlu had a hand in his signing.
Oliver Ntcham on 11:47 - Sep 4 with 1394 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 11:39 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Yes, he had a hand in most of them until he was correctly cut from the club.

Oliver Ntcham on 11:51 - Sep 4 with 1386 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Oliver Ntcham on 11:39 - Sep 4 by Whiterockin

Don’t waste your life . It’s sunny out

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Oliver Ntcham on 11:52 - Sep 4 with 1379 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntcham on 11:51 - Sep 4 by Brynmill_Jack

Don’t waste your life . It’s sunny out

*sniff sniff* Dry those eyes peach.

Oliver Ntch on 13:09 - Sep 4 with 1337 viewsBadlands

How many forget Laudrup had been having to use patched up teams from the end of September. From towards the end of October to January there were never less than 6 first team players unavailable or, like Ash, playing only with the help pf strong pain relief. For two weeks 11 players were unavailable. He had a captain manoeuvring against him and had made it clear that the only way to improve the squad was to invest, something Jenkins did not want to hear.
We were in three competitions with travel abroad included.
In early January injuries were clearing up and Monk was given a full squad. .. he managed to get out of two cups and took just 15 points from 45. He was then allowed to suck every ounce of creativity out of the squad.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Oliver Ntch on 13:32 - Sep 4 with 1317 viewsDr_Parnassus

Oliver Ntch on 13:09 - Sep 4 by Badlands

How many forget Laudrup had been having to use patched up teams from the end of September. From towards the end of October to January there were never less than 6 first team players unavailable or, like Ash, playing only with the help pf strong pain relief. For two weeks 11 players were unavailable. He had a captain manoeuvring against him and had made it clear that the only way to improve the squad was to invest, something Jenkins did not want to hear.
In early January injuries were clearing up and Monk was given a full squad. .. he managed to get out of two cups and took just 15 points from 45. He was then allowed to suck every ounce of creativity out of the squad.

Performances and results had been horrific since March the previous year. I think we were on relegation battling points per game tally since then, roughly.

Oliver Ntcham on 20:54 - Sep 9 with 1140 viewsAndyCole

Oliver Ntcham on 10:29 - Sep 3 by onehunglow

But lisa s comments weren't directed at you Steve so stop butting in with assumptions son

'Butting in' is such the apt phrase, given her puerile response. Most especially after her outlandish, kowtowing comments about our new manager. Too funny. For her of all people, to choose to lower the tone with the word ar*e, of all words.

A Big gaffe from someone who ought not to be drawing attention in that way.

Pro free speech and alternative opinions - Anti gang-bullying and poor modding thereof - Will always make a stand against those who consistently choose to turn a blind eye

Oliver Ntch on 21:17 - Sep 9 with 1112 viewsCatullus

Oliver Ntch on 13:09 - Sep 4 by Badlands

Weren't some of our injury woes caused by Laudrup, specifically Michu's bad ankles. Laudrup kept playing the injured. He kept putting Michu in despite those bad ankles and never stopped his habit of kicking the advertising hoardings. I'm sure that did for Michu in the end.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Oliver Ntch on 21:44 - Sep 9 with 1077 viewsKeithHaynes

Oliver Ntch on 21:17 - Sep 9 by Catullus

Weren't some of our injury woes caused by Laudrup, specifically Michu's bad ankles. Laudrup kept playing the injured. He kept putting Michu in despite those bad ankles and never stopped his habit of kicking the advertising hoardings. I'm sure that did for Michu in the end.

Not sure his state of mind was that good either.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Oliver Ntcham on 10:53 - Sep 10 with 925 viewsmax936

Great thread about "Oliver Ntcham" this fair play, no mention of him on the last two pages just the usual blah, blah. blah

Anyway, anyone know how he's shaping up, is he fit etc,???

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Oliver Ntcham on 11:02 - Sep 10 with 907 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 10:53 - Sep 10 by max936

Great thread about "Oliver Ntcham" this fair play, no mention of him on the last two pages just the usual blah, blah. blah

Why do we hark back to old spats?
Beats me.
We simply cannot move forward a a fan base.
We are obsessed with the past and who was right or not.

Monk/Laudrup/Sousa -names from history.

Why not Glyn Davies ,Trevor Morris or Ronnie Burgess?

Move on folks.

Now then,what has Russy been doing with the time he HAS had with the players. They should know where the goals are what what constitute a goal. Wins are good ,defeats are bad. Always. Tell em Russy .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oliver Ntcham on 11:12 - Sep 10 with 902 viewsjackrmee

Oliver Ntcham on 11:02 - Sep 10 by onehunglow

Why do we hark back to old spats?
Beats me.
We simply cannot move forward a a fan base.
We are obsessed with the past and who was right or not.

Monk/Laudrup/Sousa -names from history.

Why not Glyn Davies ,Trevor Morris or Ronnie Burgess?

Move on folks.

Now then,what has Russy been doing with the time he HAS had with the players. They should know where the goals are what what constitute a goal. Wins are good ,defeats are bad. Always. Tell em Russy .

I think we can expect an improvement on performance from the last match. That's not too hard really.
The main thing is to see at least a gradual improvement week on week, injuries and extenuating circumstances aside.
If that happens, the results will surely come.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oliver Ntcham on 11:18 - Sep 10 with 890 viewsonehunglow

Oliver Ntcham on 11:12 - Sep 10 by jackrmee

I think we can expect an improvement on performance from the last match. That's not too hard really.
The main thing is to see at least a gradual improvement week on week, injuries and extenuating circumstances aside.
If that happens, the results will surely come.

You surely should be right.
It could not have been worse and I was there to see it.
Now, we move onwards and upwards

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Oliver Ntcham on 11:21 - Sep 10 with 891 viewsgrabsplatter

Oliver Ntcham on 10:53 - Sep 10 by max936

Yeah, back on track!
With no match action/pre season I guess the best we can hope for from him is an appearance off the bench
Oliver Ntcham on 11:23 - Sep 10 with 887 viewsjackrmee

Oliver Ntcham on 11:21 - Sep 10 by grabsplatter

Yeah, back on track!
With no match action/pre season I guess the best we can hope for from him is an appearance off the bench

I would have thought that to be the case, but RM has been talking up how fit he is and said he is in "incredible shape".
I'm hoping to see him at number 10 instead of Paterson.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Oliver Ntcham on 11:34 - Sep 10 with 871 viewsgrabsplatter

Oliver Ntcham on 11:23 - Sep 10 by jackrmee

I would have thought that to be the case, but RM has been talking up how fit he is and said he is in "incredible shape".
I'm hoping to see him at number 10 instead of Paterson.

You could call that either brave or foolish, we'll see
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024