Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Mayhill tonight 21:51 - May 20 with 19078 viewsChief

Some sort of riot going on!?

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Mayhill tonight on 22:13 - May 21 with 1851 viewsraynor94

Mayhill tonight on 22:03 - May 21 by Slugster664

Why make that comment.

Someone asked previously about the lad who died, Ethan...well, he was a drug addict. Everyday off his face. I dealt with him plenty of times, no trouble from him myself in all fairness. I've also dealt with that piece of trash Malik, he is as I say trash. But I'm a big lad and he doesn't say boo to me, but a gobby little xxxxxx all the same. The kids involved last night are unfortunately the type we are having coming through ranks...disrespectful, cowardly and not very bright.

Luckily for the residents of Waun Wen Road last night, these kids are cowardly because if the 3 men confronting them didn't show up, who knows what could have happened.

Let's hope the next 'vigil' shows some respect towards Ethan eh, RIP lad.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Thanks, good post

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Mayhill tonight on 22:15 - May 21 with 1846 viewsCatullus

Mayhill tonight on 22:10 - May 21 by Oldjack

eh .he'd been up on the roof for hours ,it's a the time factor your not grasping

Yeah, my bad. I suppose it takes a long time to get the numbers together when 999 calls are coming in about a riot, cars burning, houses attacked. It must all have been over and done in 20 minutes eh. Oh well, it's not as if it happened 5 mins away from Swansea central.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Mayhill tonight on 22:16 - May 21 with 1835 viewsGwyn737

Why make that comment.

Someone asked previously about the lad who died, Ethan...well, he was a drug addict. Everyday off his face. I dealt with him plenty of times, no trouble from him myself in all fairness. I've also dealt with that piece of trash Malik, he is as I say trash. But I'm a big lad and he doesn't say boo to me, but a gobby little xxxxxx all the same. The kids involved last night are unfortunately the type we are having coming through ranks...disrespectful, cowardly and not very bright.

Luckily for the residents of Waun Wen Road last night, these kids are cowardly because if the 3 men confronting them didn't show up, who knows what could have happened.

Do you mind if I ask you what you do? What do you mean coming through the ranks?

Genuinely interested 👍
Mayhill tonight on 22:20 - May 21 with 1825 viewsOldjack

Mayhill tonight on 22:15 - May 21 by Catullus

Yeah, my bad. I suppose it takes a long time to get the numbers together when 999 calls are coming in about a riot, cars burning, houses attacked. It must all have been over and done in 20 minutes eh. Oh well, it's not as if it happened 5 mins away from Swansea central.

do you know how long it takes to get all that riot kit on ,there was loads of riot police further up the road in townhill waiting in vans ,but it was all over in a very short time

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Mayhill tonight on 22:26 - May 21 with 1812 viewsKilkennyjack

Why make that comment.

Perch asked for ‘a strong government’.

Beware of the Risen People

Mayhill tonight on 22:34 - May 21 with 1786 viewsKeithHaynes

Mayhill tonight on 19:21 - May 21 by angryjack

No they haven't police are brave when they surround a single individual but not when they are outnumbered...get amongst them and start arresting..that's what they paid for...not assaulting the likes of me walking home couple years back minding my own business..

It’s time to move on, judging one incident against thousands that happen every day is one thing. The very fact they were there and managing the situation, going forwards or backwards will always save serious injuries or worst.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Mayhill tonight on 22:51 - May 21 with 1758 viewsmax936

Mayhill tonight on 22:13 - May 21 by builthjack

Ban smart phones

Good point that, technology is good, very good in the right place, but with it available to all, it sometimes gets misused, IE Mobile Phones with their photo's and videos,

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Mayhill tonight on 23:02 - May 21 with 1740 viewsmax936

Mayhill tonight on 22:15 - May 21 by Catullus

An example of how difficult it is for Police Officers these days, I worked at Whitland Police Station, maybe 2/3yrs ago, it was coming up to a bank holiday weekend and the officer in charge said that him and another officer were on duty that weekend and basically they had to cover Whitland and all other area's including Tenby over that bank holiday weekend, absolutely ridiculous, would have had to have called up Carmarthen for any assistance they may have needed, should anything have kicked off.
No wonder Police officers with a lengthy service can't wait to retire.

Login to get fewer ads

Mayhill tonight on 23:14 - May 21 with 1707 viewsSlugster664

Mayhill tonight on 22:16 - May 21 by Gwyn737

Do you mind if I ask you what you do? What do you mean coming through the ranks?

Genuinely interested 👍

My position/job is irrelevant Gwyn, nothing to write home about.

'Coming through the ranks', just a term for the next generation of youngsters.

I'm from the 'hill myself and am appalled and embarrassed by all this, as most of us are, hence why I was so 'ready' to don my kit and help the police and good locals out last night...these youngsters need a serious wake up call!

STID

Mayhill tonight on 23:21 - May 21 with 1698 viewscontroversial_jack

Mayhill tonight on 22:20 - May 21 by Oldjack

do you know how long it takes to get all that riot kit on ,there was loads of riot police further up the road in townhill waiting in vans ,but it was all over in a very short time

The rioters dispersed when it started to rain
Mayhill tonight on 23:42 - May 21 with 1672 viewsmax936

Mayhill tonight on 23:21 - May 21 by controversial_jack

The rioters dispersed when it started to rain

pity it wasn't acid rain.

Mayhill tonight on 00:17 - May 22 with 1646 viewsJack123

After watching the scenes from last night, It crossed my mind earlier, how far could you go within the law to protect yourself and family who are attacking your house with woman children inside, could you for example crack a few heads with a baseball bat, would it be deemed reasonable force? Because the way I see it, you have not much choice if there is a group smashing your property.

Not that I own a baseball bat, just wondering how far you could go legally.

libera nos a malo

Mayhill tonight on 00:31 - May 22 with 1627 viewscontroversial_jack

Mayhill tonight on 00:17 - May 22 by Jack123

After watching the scenes from last night, It crossed my mind earlier, how far could you go within the law to protect yourself and family who are attacking your house with woman children inside, could you for example crack a few heads with a baseball bat, would it be deemed reasonable force? Because the way I see it, you have not much choice if there is a group smashing your property.

It's a difficult question and there probably is no definitive answer.

I will say though, it's not that straightforward. It's not like the movies at all, where we can just crack a few heads. Assailants don't just stand there and allow you do do it. I have been in a similar situation myself, and I shat myself. I had to use bluff to stop it. It worked, but, I got lucky and wouldn't want to face that again. We have to defend ourselves, but the risk is of escalating the level of violence. The police are trained to de escalate, they don't always succeed, but that's the best option if possible.
Mayhill tonight on 00:44 - May 22 with 1617 viewsJack123

Mayhill tonight on 00:31 - May 22 by controversial_jack

It's a difficult question and there probably is no definitive answer.

I will say though, it's not that straightforward. It's not like the movies at all, where we can just crack a few heads. Assailants don't just stand there and allow you do do it. I have been in a similar situation myself, and I shat myself. I had to use bluff to stop it. It worked, but, I got lucky and wouldn't want to face that again. We have to defend ourselves, but the risk is of escalating the level of violence. The police are trained to de escalate, they don't always succeed, but that's the best option if possible.

True, it's very tricky I guess..

libera nos a malo

Mayhill tonight on 02:15 - May 22 with 1573 viewsDr_Parnassus

Does anyone know the fate of the dog by any chance? I was pretty sickened when I saw that.

This is a direct consequence of what we have been seeing in the States and how it was portrayed as acceptable via the media. Everything has a knock on effect and I think people are slowly starting to understand the damage it caused, and is still causing. I can’t imagine this would have escalated to the levels it did without having the coverage of other “riots” in recent months.

As much as it annoys people to hear, the best thing I ever did was move out of South Wales.

But I woke this morning with the image of that dog in my mind sadly, so if anyone knows what happened to the poor thing. Stick an update on here.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Mayhill tonight on 02:50 - May 22 with 1562 viewsJack59

Mayhill tonight on 00:17 - May 22 by Jack123

You may get to within a few yards and find knives coming out of their pockets, also in their hyped and crazed state, they will think they are not only invincible but they've got nothing to lose anyway. But as you say, as a last resort to protect family, you'd have to.
I think we are dealing with a generation who have never received suitable punishment for their misdemeanours when they were children, and later, their offences when youths.
Why should we expect different behavior?
The do-gooders (probably less than 3% of the country and usually thirty somethings) with massive support from the TV media have also played a big part, probably just as much as the crap music they listen to, which promotes violence against the police.
Even Putin is worried about the popularity of rap music and is at a loss on how to deal with it.
Music is very powerful, it can be used positively or negatively, historically its led men into battle where they may lose their lives, on the other side of the coin, so many men in the 1970's would have been very grateful to Barry White, let's just say his song's helped put a smile on your face on the journey home.
Mayhill tonight on 06:49 - May 22 with 1493 viewsTreforys_Jack

Mayhill tonight on 02:15 - May 22 by Dr_Parnassus

Does anyone know the fate of the dog by any chance? I was pretty sickened when I saw that.

This is a direct consequence of what we have been seeing in the States and how it was portrayed as acceptable via the media. Everything has a knock on effect and I think people are slowly starting to understand the damage it caused, and is still causing. I can’t imagine this would have escalated to the levels it did without having the coverage of other “riots” in recent months.

As much as it annoys people to hear, the best thing I ever did was move out of South Wales.

But I woke this morning with the image of that dog in my mind sadly, so if anyone knows what happened to the poor thing. Stick an update on here.

Not watched it myself as it would genuinely upset me too much, however the consensus of opinion was, the dog wasn't on fire, it was a reflection from the camera that made it look that way. As I say I've not seen it, so can't definitively say. Just hoping that was indeed the case.
Mayhill tonight on 09:31 - May 22 with 1414 viewsmajorraglan

Mayhill tonight on 02:50 - May 22 by Jack59

You may get to within a few yards and find knives coming out of their pockets, also in their hyped and crazed state, they will think they are not only invincible but they've got nothing to lose anyway. But as you say, as a last resort to protect family, you'd have to.
I think we are dealing with a generation who have never received suitable punishment for their misdemeanours when they were children, and later, their offences when youths.
Why should we expect different behavior?
The do-gooders (probably less than 3% of the country and usually thirty somethings) with massive support from the TV media have also played a big part, probably just as much as the crap music they listen to, which promotes violence against the police.
Even Putin is worried about the popularity of rap music and is at a loss on how to deal with it.
Music is very powerful, it can be used positively or negatively, historically its led men into battle where they may lose their lives, on the other side of the coin, so many men in the 1970's would have been very grateful to Barry White, let's just say his song's helped put a smile on your face on the journey home.

Regarding your first paragraph, once you throw drink and drugs in to the mix some people just won’t feel pain which makes them even harder to deal with. Years ago it was cannabis, amphetamine and heroin, those drugs are still there but these days there are quite a few other drugs on the street which can be even more potent.
Mayhill tonight on 09:44 - May 22 with 1389 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 22:26 - May 21 by Kilkennyjack

Perch asked for ‘a strong government’.

Perch doesn't exist and yes we do need a strong government;this one isn't.

I d take fascist though if it meant wiping out trash like this,come to think of it,Id vote a Communist one of it could give us public order.

This is not a political issue and it is 'rse wrenching to read killy's crap at a time like this.

Anyone,Killy is not a Swansea man so it really is nowt to do with him

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Mayhill tonight on 10:02 - May 22 with 1389 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Mayhill tonight on 09:31 - May 22 by majorraglan

Regarding your first paragraph, once you throw drink and drugs in to the mix some people just won’t feel pain which makes them even harder to deal with. Years ago it was cannabis, amphetamine and heroin, those drugs are still there but these days there are quite a few other drugs on the street which can be even more potent.

Water cannon is the answer

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Mayhill tonight on 10:06 - May 22 with 1377 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 10:02 - May 22 by Brynmill_Jack

If only.

We used to think the Fire Brigade (as it was then) should turn their hoses on the scum when attacking those fire fighters saving their homes. As if.

Mayhill tonight on 12:03 - May 22 with 1311 views1983

I love the way this is being reported

" disturbance"

Or

Some police injured "200 person riot"

Mayhill tonight on 12:06 - May 22 with 1301 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 23:02 - May 21 by max936

An example of how difficult it is for Police Officers these days, I worked at Whitland Police Station, maybe 2/3yrs ago, it was coming up to a bank holiday weekend and the officer in charge said that him and another officer were on duty that weekend and basically they had to cover Whitland and all other area's including Tenby over that bank holiday weekend, absolutely ridiculous, would have had to have called up Carmarthen for any assistance they may have needed, should anything have kicked off.
No wonder Police officers with a lengthy service can't wait to retire.

Officers are baling out well before retirement age which has been hiked up to levels higher than civil service ones. Many have had enough.

This was a big problem in the 60s and 70s and things ended up badly.

Mayhill tonight on 12:09 - May 22 with 1299 viewsonehunglow

Mayhill tonight on 12:03 - May 22 by 1983

I love the way this is being reported

" disturbance"

Or

Some police injured "200 person riot"

It is always thus.

Media like to sensationalise as it suits them.
What looks good is the Mayhill community is light years ahead of the baying mob of London where the public/community will do nowt except complain about police harrassment and how it was justified protest.

Mayhill tonight on 12:35 - May 22 with 1284 viewsmax936

Mayhill tonight on 10:02 - May 22 by Brynmill_Jack

Yep, but its against their human rights mun, f,all is said about the people who suffer because of these cowardly actions human rights though, my thoughts have always been meet fire with fire,
I remember growing up, if a policeman spoke to you, you'd know to bow your head and listen that respect as long gone, the first thing this lot do is get their phones out and film everything, would hate to be a Copper these days, thankless task.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024