Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend 08:51 - Sep 2 with 4949 viewsSwanseaman

Football pundit Andy Townsend has warned Swansea City returning striker Wilfried Bony is 'unrecognisable' from the goal machine that lit up the Liberty and is 'someone who looks like he can no longer move and get around the field'. "Bony looks like he can no longer move or get around the field.

“He was the sort of player when he was at Swansea first time and playing every week he had a pedigree and was among the goals.

"His numbers were good at Swansea.

"But when he went to Man City he started sitting it out, having to play sporadically.

"When he did play he literally looked like someone whose legs have gone completely and he shouldn’t have been in this sort of company.

“He’s not going to have to find a yard (of pace) but two or three if he’s going to get back among the goals.

“The Wilfried Bony I’ve watched at Man City and the Wilfried Bony I saw at Stoke, was unrecognisable to the one we all saw at Swansea."

“They need to play through him (Bony).

"He did exceptionally well when he was there last time and he got that great move to Man City, but we (Stoke) probably never played to his strengths and we felt we would have got more from him maybe when he came in.

“But it never worked out for him at our place. If Swansea can play to his strengths and get it up to him, then they might have half a chance."

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/top-football-pundit-wa

Poll: Would you have Jenkins back if he found wealthy oil sheikhs to buy out the Yanks

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 08:57 - Sep 2 with 4066 viewsshandyjack

fair do's i give Townsend the worst as a pundit ever, however he has hit the nail firmly on the head here

Poll: Expectation for the season

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 09:05 - Sep 2 with 4030 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 08:57 - Sep 2 by shandyjack

fair do's i give Townsend the worst as a pundit ever, however he has hit the nail firmly on the head here

We have to hope Townsend is talking complete bollox. Wilf was in a side where he was always going to bench warm I.e Man City. In Stoke he was in the wrong team that played anti christ football. We need to hope that he can recapture his old form.
Actually Townsend's comments pinned to the dressing room wall should do more than anything to motivate him to hit his former heights.
Nice to see WOL jumping on this one as well ;-)

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:05 - Sep 2 with 3841 viewsmax936

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 09:05 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

We have to hope Townsend is talking complete bollox. Wilf was in a side where he was always going to bench warm I.e Man City. In Stoke he was in the wrong team that played anti christ football. We need to hope that he can recapture his old form.
Actually Townsend's comments pinned to the dressing room wall should do more than anything to motivate him to hit his former heights.
Nice to see WOL jumping on this one as well ;-)

New diet few quality supplements and first class training and 3 or 4 games where he's under no pressure to perform from fans and he'll get his mojo back, Andy Townsend is in a longlist of gobshite ex footballers who talk absolute shite, talking horses without substance.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:07 - Sep 2 with 3821 viewsItchySphincter

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:05 - Sep 2 by max936

New diet few quality supplements and first class training and 3 or 4 games where he's under no pressure to perform from fans and he'll get his mojo back, Andy Townsend is in a longlist of gobshite ex footballers who talk absolute shite, talking horses without substance.

I hope we know Wilf better than the 'experts'. He looks in great shape to me. If he gets anywhere near the levels he was for us we should be delighted.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:24 - Sep 2 with 3746 viewspencoedjack

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:07 - Sep 2 by ItchySphincter

I hope we know Wilf better than the 'experts'. He looks in great shape to me. If he gets anywhere near the levels he was for us we should be delighted.

Wilf needs to adored by the faithful

He will do the business I'm sure
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:29 - Sep 2 with 3714 viewsSTID2017

Wilf will do fine for us.
It would have helped at Man City & Stoke if they'd played more to his strengths but that was never going to happen

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:31 - Sep 2 with 3705 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:24 - Sep 2 by pencoedjack

Wilf needs to adored by the faithful

He will do the business I'm sure

Surprised to see he is still only 28 so still a good few years left in him as well.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:36 - Sep 2 with 3679 viewsSTID2017

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:31 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

Surprised to see he is still only 28 so still a good few years left in him as well.

Interested to note as well that in these days when 4 year contracts seem to be the norm,
both Llorente and Bony were / are two year contracts - a touch of caution I guess ?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 10:36]

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Login to get fewer ads

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:42 - Sep 2 with 3641 viewshammy

He never had "a yard of pace", so difficult to lose it. His key strengths were holding up the ball / providing nice lay offs to other players and a bullet of a header. When he first started with us his touch was a bit awry and it took him some time to get this going. He was never given this time by either Man City or Stoke.

As others have mentioned he is a confidence player and provided we give him the time to get his mojo back then it should pay dividends later in the season. He probably realises now that this is his last chance of getting some adulation for knocking in a few goals.

C'mon Wilf, score some goals for Swansea !

C'mon Bony shoot !!!!

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:54 - Sep 2 with 3594 viewsairedale

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:05 - Sep 2 by max936

Drop of wizz and he'll be going round the pitch reminding me of a Jack Russell cross I once had.
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:17 - Sep 2 with 3514 viewsmax936

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:07 - Sep 2 by ItchySphincter

He is in Great shape but is he fit both mentally and physically to play, diet [his diet is probably spot on but you never know] and playing will help to get his confidence back which will give him an extra yard or two, confidence plays a huge part in a sportsman as we all know, gonna take a couple/3 games though, fans patience is the key and we've plenty of moaners who probably are and will say why the fuk did we bring him back ffs so one of two miss timed pass miss control and they'll be happy.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 11:19]

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:21 - Sep 2 with 3498 viewsmax936

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 10:54 - Sep 2 by airedale

Drop of wizz and he'll be going round the pitch reminding me of a Jack Russell cross I once had.

Pity they've taken Ultimate Orange off the shelves

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:22 - Sep 2 with 3493 viewswhoflungdung

Hopeful, Bony will ram thus down pundits throats

Let's face it, they ve never respected us in any way

Poll: Is it Spa or spa

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:38 - Sep 2 with 3431 viewsGriffting

What is something bony has never managed ever since leaving the swans? A consistent run of games. He's a player that needs to play. He's not a guy that comes from the bench to supply a bit of magic. He's a player that gets better and better with every game he plays and needs that consistency. So until he gets that I can't really see how anyone can say he's shot.
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:42 - Sep 2 with 3415 viewswhoflungdung

People want to justify their beliefs

It's like dr Winston justifying the now pitiful Rotledge because he believes he s BEEN a good player.

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:42 - Sep 2 with 3411 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:22 - Sep 2 by whoflungdung

Hopeful, Bony will ram thus down pundits throats

Let's face it, they ve never respected us in any way

This is true. Every year we get lumped in as favourites to go down. The worst was that Manc tosser on the BBC Premier League show that had us bottom and more or less said we should p!ss off to the WPL as we have a chance of winning that!

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:50 - Sep 2 with 3382 viewswhoflungdung

Listening to Durham goughy yesterday ,in the bath, evidences all.

" just a quick word on Swansea"

Why quick

It's our greatest motivation and reason why our ground and fans should be the most hostile

We re being insulted ,frankly, and made worse by our own national BBC station

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:39 - Sep 2 with 3236 viewsSwanseajill

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 11:17 - Sep 2 by max936

He is in Great shape but is he fit both mentally and physically to play, diet [his diet is probably spot on but you never know] and playing will help to get his confidence back which will give him an extra yard or two, confidence plays a huge part in a sportsman as we all know, gonna take a couple/3 games though, fans patience is the key and we've plenty of moaners who probably are and will say why the fuk did we bring him back ffs so one of two miss timed pass miss control and they'll be happy.
[Post edited 2 Sep 2017 11:19]

It can take up to 4 years to recover from the symptoms that malaria leave you with.
Obviously he has been given the correct diet and training after being struck down by this disease.

I really hope that fans don't get on his back before giving his body time, and hopefully he will keep on recovering and fit in the jigsaw of our squad.

Welcome home Bony. I loved how you never got bullied in the oppo's penalty area.
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:49 - Sep 2 with 3181 viewsmax936

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:39 - Sep 2 by Swanseajill

It can take up to 4 years to recover from the symptoms that malaria leave you with.
Obviously he has been given the correct diet and training after being struck down by this disease.

I really hope that fans don't get on his back before giving his body time, and hopefully he will keep on recovering and fit in the jigsaw of our squad.

Welcome home Bony. I loved how you never got bullied in the oppo's penalty area.

You hope fans don't get on his back, some will without a shadow of doubt I've heard it already and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet, that's footie fans in general though innit we're a fickle bunch.

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:53 - Sep 2 with 3155 viewsSwanseajill

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:49 - Sep 2 by max936

You hope fans don't get on his back, some will without a shadow of doubt I've heard it already and he hasn't kicked a ball for us yet, that's footie fans in general though innit we're a fickle bunch.

He's used to getting aggro from swans fans though.

His last contract with us meant weeks of whinging by many fans of him being ...benched, slow, never gonna score,
Who had the last laugh though.😃
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:59 - Sep 2 with 3130 viewsjack247

I'm not sure if Townsend actually watched him when he was here, but two or three yards of pace? He hardly has to run at all to play the way we used to and the way that will suit Tammy, Ayew, Fer, Sanches etc. As long as he has the strength, vision and close control he did last time he will be absolutely fine.

Charlie Adam's comments seem a lot more informed, as you would expect. We've got a chance if he is central, fairly static and we play through him, if we try to play him like a more orthodox centre forward it won't work.
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 13:09 - Sep 2 with 3094 viewsdameedna

Not sure how Bony would get Malaria. Malerone is a strong preventative which can be taken for the period of exposure. Up to 3 months is fine. It is expensive but hardly an issue with cost for players.

When you get level 1 malaria you know it. Level 2 and your admitted on a drip for a week.

Cant see how professional footballers can get it unless it is a throwback to earlier days.

It certainly stays in your blood and european tests do not focus on its detection. The whites of his eyes look clear to me.

Now he is here he will be motivated but if he does have malaria symptoms it hits hard for a few days then disappears. First signs are the floor feels like it is moving and then you feel tired with no expression in your face people will ask if you are unhappy. Suddenty next day you are fine at level 1.

It is very common and widely misunderstood or undetected in tests.

Maybe a bit like Bony. Hope he tears up trees for us.
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 13:24 - Sep 2 with 3046 viewsPrivate_Partz

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 12:49 - Sep 2 by max936

I was one of them that highlighted that Max. In no way an I going to give Wilf stick if it does not work out. The blame will lie elsewhere. I think most feel that way to be honest.

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 13:41 - Sep 2 with 2991 viewsSwanseajill

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 13:09 - Sep 2 by dameedna

Not sure how Bony would get Malaria. Malerone is a strong preventative which can be taken for the period of exposure. Up to 3 months is fine. It is expensive but hardly an issue with cost for players.

When you get level 1 malaria you know it. Level 2 and your admitted on a drip for a week.

Cant see how professional footballers can get it unless it is a throwback to earlier days.

It certainly stays in your blood and european tests do not focus on its detection. The whites of his eyes look clear to me.

Now he is here he will be motivated but if he does have malaria symptoms it hits hard for a few days then disappears. First signs are the floor feels like it is moving and then you feel tired with no expression in your face people will ask if you are unhappy. Suddenty next day you are fine at level 1.

It is very common and widely misunderstood or undetected in tests.

Maybe a bit like Bony. Hope he tears up trees for us.

Apparantly he had it 2 years ago.

But guessing from your post, you would know that it can take 4 years to completely recover from symptoms.
Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 14:01 - Sep 2 with 2929 viewsunion_jack

Wilfried Bony needs no more motivation than this bull*&t from Andy Townsend on 13:24 - Sep 2 by Private_Partz

I was one of them that highlighted that Max. In no way an I going to give Wilf stick if it does not work out. The blame will lie elsewhere. I think most feel that way to be honest.

I was totally against signing him but I'll be 100% behind him now. If he can do what he did last time he was here I would have been proved totally wrong and I hope to be able to say that!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024