Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Ashes Winter thread 22:31 - Nov 6 with 46318 viewsnewgolddream

Australia all-rounder Shane Watson faces a battle to be fit for the first Ashes Test in Brisbane on 21 November.

The 32-year-old sustained a hamstring injury while bowling in Australia's final one-day international against India last Saturday.
Ashes Winter thread on 10:43 - Dec 16 with 1442 viewsnewgolddream

Ashes Winter thread on 04:10 - Dec 16 by FredManRave

In true newgolddream style, "That was Alastair Cook's first first-baller in Test cricket - and he's the first man to get a first-baller in his 100th Test."

This is shocking stuff...

Australia captain Michael Clarke has been fined by ICC for his abuse of James Anderson during the first Test victory over England in Brisbane.
Ashes Winter thread on 12:09 - Dec 16 with 1420 viewsdaveB

Ashes Winter thread on 04:10 - Dec 16 by FredManRave

In true newgolddream style, "That was Alastair Cook's first first-baller in Test cricket - and he's the first man to get a first-baller in his 100th Test."

This is shocking stuff...

to be fair it was a great delivery, Cook could do little about it
Ashes Winter thread on 20:25 - Dec 16 with 1393 viewswillis1980

Abject dismal stuff from england, the stokes bell partnership gave me a brief glimmer of hope which soon went up in smoke.
Not really a fan of knee jerk reactions but I reckon we'll see the king of Spain in charge of England's next series. The writing is on the wall for flower and hopefully cooks captaincy. The problem england have though is that there's no real captain in the england set up, the vice captain prior is out form and fighting for his place. Cook as a captain only works when he makes runs which he isn't, there's no personality to the man and a multitude of rigid field settings. Flower and cook with their 100 or so back room staff can't seem to motivate a side that should be doing much better. Personally I like stokes, he could become England's kallis one day. I'd like to see Compton to be given another go, same with players like butler and taylor. I don't understand how ballance is the next cab off the rank before the aforementioned.
Ashes Winter thread on 20:41 - Dec 16 with 1381 viewsElHoop

We have only lost 2 of the previous 17 test series so it's hard for me to rubbish England. This side has given me plenty of pleasure. OK we look tired and a bit clapped out and we are taking a bit of a pasting, but this has been a decent side for a few years now. Time to rebuild for sure, but not the end of the world or indeed English cricket.
Ashes Winter thread on 21:22 - Dec 16 with 1368 viewsShackletonR

Ashes Winter thread on 20:41 - Dec 16 by ElHoop

We have only lost 2 of the previous 17 test series so it's hard for me to rubbish England. This side has given me plenty of pleasure. OK we look tired and a bit clapped out and we are taking a bit of a pasting, but this has been a decent side for a few years now. Time to rebuild for sure, but not the end of the world or indeed English cricket.

We got smashed by Pakistan in the UAE when Saeed Ajmal and Abdur Rehman bamboozled our batsman, we came back from that to beat India in India for the first time in years, so i think we will come back from this, hopefully when we go to S Africa in 2015.

I think our desire and hunger is missing this time, we wanted it more 3 years ago and also in India as well.

Smacks of complacency to me.

"Stan work hard, could score goals in the air, and was complete team player. He headed balls off the line, and he had so much skill, balance, finesse and amazing touch. His mobility, that electrifying burst of 30 yards was exciting to watch"...Don Shanks.

Ashes Winter thread on 21:38 - Dec 16 with 1352 viewsted_hendrix

I thought when we won the ashes back in the Summer 3-0 the score line flattered us, I always thought back then that There wasn't much between them and us.
To my way of thinking the Aussies have out bowled, out batted and out captained us right across the board.
I thought it might have been a closer run thing but tomorrow the Aussies will get the ashes back and deservedly so.
We have been well beaten it doesn't matter which way you look at it.
Fair play to the bastards.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Ashes Winter thread on 21:55 - Dec 16 with 1333 viewswillis1980

Ashes Winter thread on 21:38 - Dec 16 by ted_hendrix

I thought when we won the ashes back in the Summer 3-0 the score line flattered us, I always thought back then that There wasn't much between them and us.
To my way of thinking the Aussies have out bowled, out batted and out captained us right across the board.
I thought it might have been a closer run thing but tomorrow the Aussies will get the ashes back and deservedly so.
We have been well beaten it doesn't matter which way you look at it.
Fair play to the bastards.

I agree with all of this, we are being humbled by a side with fire in the belly compared to our belly flop. A side containing a groundsman has shown more hunger than ours with established players. The lack of fight and aggression has got me annoyed, england have fallen for the mind games played by Australia. England's lower order have shown more gumption than the top order. Hopefully Cook can win a toss for a change, someone can score a century and we can show people that this side is miles better than they've display in the series so far
Ashes Winter thread on 02:56 - Dec 17 with 1281 viewsFredManRave

The place is cracking up.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Login to get fewer ads

Ashes Winter thread on 05:54 - Dec 17 with 1265 viewsstowmarketrange

It's all my fault.All the time I was at work we lost 1 wicket and it looked like we might be in with a slim chance.I got home,made tea and watched from after lunch and 35 minutes later its all over.
Time for bed said zeberdee.
Ashes Winter thread on 08:16 - Dec 17 with 1232 viewsElHoop

Ashes Winter thread on 02:56 - Dec 17 by FredManRave

The place is cracking up.

This looks like something out of a sequel to '2012'
Ashes Winter thread on 08:25 - Dec 17 with 1223 viewsedwardtheconfessor

If i hear the term "disappointed" coming from the England camp one more time today.Im going all 'Johnny favourite' from Angel Heart , eating a still beating human heart while conjouring up satan in me garden shed then sacrificing my Miss'us ,wicker man style,to the great sun god,nueada to satisfy my bloodlust .I havn't felt as angry about sport since Bobby Robson laughed in his interview after losing 3-0 to holland (in the days when anyone cared about the national side)in euro 88.The cnt.Im "Disappointed".

footnote:
First thing i saw on tv this morning.. the word "disappointing" departing from Andy Flowers Bell Palsy mouth...How "disappointing"..

Walk with me through the universe..and along the way see how all of us are connected....feast the eyes of you soul on all love and abounds in all places at once seemingly endless..like your own existence..we are connected..

Ashes Winter thread on 10:45 - Dec 17 with 1193 viewsHooparoo

Underneath the southern cross I stand, a proud son of this wide brown land,
A sprig of wattle in my hand. Australia! You bloody beauty!

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Ashes Winter thread on 11:03 - Dec 17 with 1180 viewsnewgolddream

Australia captain Michael Clarke says he is aiming to whitewash England and eventually become the best team in the world following their Ashes success.
Ashes Winter thread on 11:08 - Dec 17 with 1174 viewsElHoop

Ashes Winter thread on 11:03 - Dec 17 by newgolddream

Australia captain Michael Clarke says he is aiming to whitewash England and eventually become the best team in the world following their Ashes success.

They've got no chance of achieving any of that. Too old and not good enough.

Ashes Winter thread on 11:09 - Dec 17 with 1171 viewsTheBlob

Ashes Winter thread on 10:45 - Dec 17 by Hooparoo

Underneath the southern cross I stand, a proud son of this wide brown land,
A sprig of wattle in my hand. Australia! You bloody beauty!

That's not wattle you've got in your hand is it?
Be honest.And in public as well......

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ashes Winter thread on 11:18 - Dec 17 with 1157 viewsHooparoo

Ashes Winter thread on 11:09 - Dec 17 by TheBlob

That's not wattle you've got in your hand is it?
Be honest.And in public as well......

Fck no Blobby! It's a bloody beer in my hand! The whole of Oz is celebrating!

Ashes Winter thread on 11:22 - Dec 17 with 1152 viewsTheBlob

Ashes Winter thread on 11:18 - Dec 17 by Hooparoo

Fck no Blobby! It's a bloody beer in my hand! The whole of Oz is celebrating!

Make the most of it mate,you'll all be singing in Mandarin soon.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Ashes Winter thread on 11:24 - Dec 17 with 1149 viewsHooparoo

Ashes Winter thread on 11:22 - Dec 17 by TheBlob

Make the most of it mate,you'll all be singing in Mandarin soon.

Lol!

Ashes Winter thread on 13:56 - Dec 17 with 1124 viewsQPRDave

well that was a weak effort. weak tour so far.
Oh well never mind ....congrats to the Aussies completely out played and out fought our sorry bunch
Ashes Winter thread on 09:22 - Dec 19 with 1068 viewsnewgolddream

England spin bowler Graeme Swann has apologised for "crass" comments made on Facebook where he compared England's Ashes defeat in Perth to rape. Swann, 34, had an online conversation with his brother where he said he would rather be at a concert.
Ashes Winter thread on 00:44 - Dec 22 with 1015 viewskettles

and now Swann retires from the England team mid-series. On ya bike, squire.
Ashes Winter thread on 02:13 - Dec 22 with 992 viewsNov77

Didn't expect that, probably didn't want to be smashed round the park again in the next two tests.

Should've stuck it out instead of deserting the sinking ship.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Ashes Winter thread on 02:52 - Dec 22 with 988 viewsstowmarketrange

Ashes Winter thread on 02:13 - Dec 22 by Nov77

Didn't expect that, probably didn't want to be smashed round the park again in the next two tests.

My thoughts exactly.You don't become a bad bowler overnight and he should have at least played out the series in order to try to get some pride back.
Ashes Winter thread on 03:31 - Dec 22 with 982 viewsPommyhoop

Ashes Winter thread on 02:13 - Dec 22 by Nov77

Yep. Gutless. Lost a lot of respect for him..

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Ashes Winter thread on 04:02 - Dec 22 with 1566 viewsozexile

Ashes Winter thread on 03:31 - Dec 22 by Pommyhoop

Yep. Gutless. Lost a lot of respect for him..

Ridiculous to quit mid tour show some balls.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024