Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn 14:29 - Jun 5 with 17410 viewsQPRDave

About 10 mins ago they had Harry on saying "Any interference and he is Off!!!
If we don't get him the players he wants he's Off!!!
1st target he wants in .........Wayne Bridge
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 10:59 - Jun 7 with 1432 viewsgobbles

PR and hypes goes both ways. The "Real Fans, Real Football" guff the club were selling a few years ago was just as much nonsense as the "boutique football", just aiming at a different market.
It is daft to say the ground last season was full of day-trippers and tourists. If it was, I'm sure they would have created a better atmosphere than the poisonous one we had all season.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:12 - Jun 7 with 1384 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:21 - Jun 6 by baz_qpr

I take it you are quite young, this is the period when we looked like going out of business every day, we had the biggest budget in the league yet failed to win it. Half full grounds dreadful football etc. I'm sorry it was crap, and it was completely unsustainable for the club.

I've been going down the Rangers since the late 80s. And I did enjoy our time under Ollie more than any other, mainly because of the other real fans that were also there in the stands around me, and the squad out on the pitch who, although unmitigated Sheidt at times, had players that actually cared about the Club, or actually cared full-stop.

For everyone saying they'd rather be stuck in the Premiership, I counter that football is all about hope. Yes as Clive says regularly, it's the hope that kills you, but at the same time, 'hope' is the only thing most football clubs in this world of us have. Hope of promotion, hope of winning something. If we're in the Championship again for a few years, we've still always got that hope of going back up, something more to strive for than just scrabbling around in a vain attempt to mug 40 points off other teams 'punching above their weight' in the Greatest League in the World Ever.

To put it bluntly, I never started supporting QPR just to win stuff

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:13 - Jun 7 with 1379 viewstimcocking

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:21 - Jun 6 by baz_qpr

I take it you are quite young, this is the period when we looked like going out of business every day, we had the biggest budget in the league yet failed to win it. Half full grounds dreadful football etc. I'm sorry it was crap, and it was completely unsustainable for the club.

Well, my favourite season was that season in division two. Unbeaten at home in the league if i remember correctly, Danny Shittu and Clark Carlisle. Shit ootball but we came from behind every week, i loved it.

I don't particularly care what league i'm in, but i'd definitely prefer to be in the premier league given the choice. I can't explain why though, i don't like much about the "EPL".
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:15 - Jun 7 with 1324 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 11:12 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

I've been going down the Rangers since the late 80s. And I did enjoy our time under Ollie more than any other, mainly because of the other real fans that were also there in the stands around me, and the squad out on the pitch who, although unmitigated Sheidt at times, had players that actually cared about the Club, or actually cared full-stop.

For everyone saying they'd rather be stuck in the Premiership, I counter that football is all about hope. Yes as Clive says regularly, it's the hope that kills you, but at the same time, 'hope' is the only thing most football clubs in this world of us have. Hope of promotion, hope of winning something. If we're in the Championship again for a few years, we've still always got that hope of going back up, something more to strive for than just scrabbling around in a vain attempt to mug 40 points off other teams 'punching above their weight' in the Greatest League in the World Ever.

To put it bluntly, I never started supporting QPR just to win stuff

Forgive me but I'm confused by your post.
Are you happy to languish in the lower depths or are you willing to hope and shudder in the heights of the Greatest League in the World Ever?
I'm for the prem me but everyone to there own.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:18 - Jun 7 with 1313 viewsGloucs_R

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:15 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

Are you happy to languish in the lower depths or are you willing to hope and shudder in the heights of the Greatest League in the World Ever?

Pommy, when you spend £100 per game in the Prem (Ticket plus travel for me) and you get beat every week for 2 years.....the Championship looks pretty attractive.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:42 - Jun 7 with 1285 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:18 - Jun 7 by Gloucs_R

Pommy, when you spend £100 per game in the Prem (Ticket plus travel for me) and you get beat every week for 2 years.....the Championship looks pretty attractive.

Look inside yourself Glous.Would you really be happy watching Barnsley and Ipswich ? Or would you rather watch (insert here)..AND have the chance of seeing Heider slotting home that pen or SWP mis kicking that clearance ?
Be honest ..

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:44 - Jun 7 with 1277 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:15 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

Honestly, the league we're in is not the most important thing for me. The match-day experience, the way we play football, and being vaguely competitive every once in a while in whichever league we're in is more important.

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:55 - Jun 7 with 1257 viewsTheBlob

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 02:54 - Jun 7 by SonofNorfolt

Patronising supporters of other London teams especially, often say, that we punch above our weight.
Like we did in the '70's, top London club, '74,'75,'76, the '80's, TLC '84, & '88, and even the '90's, TLC '93. Growing up during this time, I realise how much we took this for granted.
Last summer it seemed as if we were on course to certainly be at least as near to a level playing field as we were going to get.
As I make the half century next year, all I would like to see is us actually win something, like Wigan the other week, that could have been us, no more fu cking bridesmaid or plaudits for being a 'nice club' something concrete, or better still silver plate.
I WANT TOP LEVEL FOOTBALL AND A NEW STATE OF THE ART STADIUM WITH A ROOF, AND A TROPHY CABINET WITH MEANINGFUL ITEMS IN IT.
Boll ocks to going to Barnsley on a Tuesday night, I've had enough, so when TF means to take this club forward, I hope that his vision is the same as mine.

You tell 'em kid.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:57 - Jun 7 with 1253 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:44 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

Honestly, the league we're in is not the most important thing for me. The match-day experience, the way we play football, and being vaguely competitive every once in a while in whichever league we're in is more important.

I DO know what you mean .But Ive been over here nearly 7 years now surrounded by Gooners ,Yids(sorry Spuds)and loads of West Ham and loads of Scousers.Surprisingly tho only one Man U fan and NO SCUM ( well only one mad clueless Aussie).
Its nice to be able to watch and interact when the footy is on .
Selfish I know ..

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:10 - Jun 7 with 1216 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:57 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

I DO know what you mean .But Ive been over here nearly 7 years now surrounded by Gooners ,Yids(sorry Spuds)and loads of West Ham and loads of Scousers.Surprisingly tho only one Man U fan and NO SCUM ( well only one mad clueless Aussie).
Its nice to be able to watch and interact when the footy is on .
Selfish I know ..

Ah, well that's a different matter entirely. Of course being in the Premiership has its advantages, one of which is never having to miss a game, home or away, no matter where in the world you are.

And of course we all want our Club to be successful, its just success can be measured in different ways. I definitely wouldn't want to spend the rest of eternity in the lower reaches of the Big League, a couple of relegations (not too many tho please!) and promotions, as well as at least one other cup run in my lifetime, is far more appealing on a personal level

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:13 - Jun 7 with 1212 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:10 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

Ah, well that's a different matter entirely. Of course being in the Premiership has its advantages, one of which is never having to miss a game, home or away, no matter where in the world you are.

And of course we all want our Club to be successful, its just success can be measured in different ways. I definitely wouldn't want to spend the rest of eternity in the lower reaches of the Big League, a couple of relegations (not too many tho please!) and promotions, as well as at least one other cup run in my lifetime, is far more appealing on a personal level

As long as it isnt another 15 years tho eh?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:33 - Jun 7 with 1193 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:13 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

As long as it isnt another 15 years tho eh?

Fingers crossed!

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:36 - Jun 7 with 1186 viewsGloucs_R

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 12:44 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

+1

Poll: Are we staying up?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:45 - Jun 7 with 1162 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:33 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

Fingers crossed!

Seriously? Is Rangers just a day out for you then? :like a trip to the theatre or zoo?
Your not bothered if the team does the best as it can and comptetes in the best possible league? As long as you have had a nice day,without the stress and inconveniance of a big match day .'
We are both selfish in our own way .

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:48 - Jun 7 with 1156 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:45 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

Seriously? Is Rangers just a day out for you then? :like a trip to the theatre or zoo?
Your not bothered if the team does the best as it can and comptetes in the best possible league? As long as you have had a nice day,without the stress and inconveniance of a big match day .'
We are both selfish in our own way .

GAWD I sound like an Overseas happy clappy fan .
Had a drink ... You know what I mean tho Eh?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:54 - Jun 7 with 1141 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:48 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

GAWD I sound like an Overseas happy clappy fan .
Had a drink ... You know what I mean tho Eh?

Hmmm, I was gonna point out that's *exactly* what you sound like, but you beat me to it

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:03 - Jun 7 with 1111 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 13:54 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

Hmmm, I was gonna point out that's *exactly* what you sound like, but you beat me to it

Yep. only been an overseas fan for 7 years tho.Thirty odd before that I was as real as you .Never wanted to settle for 2nd best tho .Always wanted to be in Div 1 or Premiership . Its very sour grapes to say you'd prefer to watch Barnsley than Man U.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:55 - Jun 7 with 1064 viewsCliff

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:03 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

Yep. only been an overseas fan for 7 years tho.Thirty odd before that I was as real as you .Never wanted to settle for 2nd best tho .Always wanted to be in Div 1 or Premiership . Its very sour grapes to say you'd prefer to watch Barnsley than Man U.

I too am happier in the Championship. As for whether I'd rather watch Man U or Barnsley, I'm not fussed I go to watch QPR. If I want to watch Man U I can, in fact avoiding watching man U on the box is more difficult.

In an ideal world, then yes it would be better in the Prem. but it's not an ideal world and the Prem. is a crap league in terms of equality of opportunity. In the Championship there is actually something to play for other than the dizzy heights of 17th place. I would be happy if we'd have been given the £60m when we won the Championship, but then declined the offer of going up.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:14 - Jun 7 with 1050 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:55 - Jun 7 by Cliff

I too am happier in the Championship. As for whether I'd rather watch Man U or Barnsley, I'm not fussed I go to watch QPR. If I want to watch Man U I can, in fact avoiding watching man U on the box is more difficult.

In an ideal world, then yes it would be better in the Prem. but it's not an ideal world and the Prem. is a crap league in terms of equality of opportunity. In the Championship there is actually something to play for other than the dizzy heights of 17th place. I would be happy if we'd have been given the £60m when we won the Championship, but then declined the offer of going up.

Nicely put but its still sour grapes.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:28 - Jun 7 with 1014 viewsQPunkR

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:14 - Jun 7 by Pommyhoop

Nicely put but its still sour grapes.

It's really not. I'm not entirely sure what sour grapes means in your opinion, but it's certainly no meaning I've ever heard of.
And quite honestly, although it was a refreshing change to play the likes of ManUre and Liverpool, I go to watch QPR. That's it. I don't give a ha'penny fúck who we're playing, I'm there to support my team (apart from the last day of the season, when I was there to abuse Boswanker)
With these comments, you are kind of putting me in mind of the demographic the owners were aiming for with their half-and-half mugs when we got promoted...

QPR - "shit but local"

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:50 - Jun 7 with 982 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:28 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

It's really not. I'm not entirely sure what sour grapes means in your opinion, but it's certainly no meaning I've ever heard of.
And quite honestly, although it was a refreshing change to play the likes of ManUre and Liverpool, I go to watch QPR. That's it. I don't give a ha'penny fúck who we're playing, I'm there to support my team (apart from the last day of the season, when I was there to abuse Boswanker)
With these comments, you are kind of putting me in mind of the demographic the owners were aiming for with their half-and-half mugs when we got promoted...

Have you got any tats tho?

sour grapes
pl.n.
Denial of the desirability of something after one has found out that it cannot be reached or acquired:
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:09 - Jun 7 with 956 viewsspencer

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:28 - Jun 7 by QPunkR

Sort of what this bloke said.I grew up in the era of supporting your local team.Living in Bromley in late 60s...I think Charlton or Palace were my nearest teams, but i'm sure I will get corrected.For some reason my brother supported Tottenham as got taken there a few times by family who lived in London.I was told not to support Spurs by him ...just as Rodney Marsh scored for us in the 67 Leaguecupfinal.So - at the age of 8 I was sort of a glory hunter in the 60's...My old man took me to Loftus road from the age 8 right up till we left Bromley in 1972...

5 years maybe 6...and I was hooked on QPR but lived 90 odd miles away..or however many miles Folkestone is from Loftus Road.

Love football/hate football...played football at a decent local level..managed local Sunday morning sides etc etc.Hate losing,polite loser but hate losing.

Since I stopped managing on Sat afternoons Season ticket holder in R block but have been going on/off since I can't remember...sometimes a hand full of games a season to a ST holder.

It's been sh.ite since we returned back to premier league football, but I have enjoyed watching some of the bigger clubs come to LR.Love sat afternoons at LR and I don't give a monkey's penis who we are playing and I cannot explain why..but I just want to watch QPR....I want us to win every game and I want us to be successful...but I live in a dream world there

I hate muggy little stay at home southern Man Utd or Liverpool fans...anyone can follow man Utd and I expect we all know a lot more than most southern Manc's etc anyway.
If we get relegated to League 2 - I will still be stupid enough to go every week.

I'm a QPR football fan and guilty of wearing my QPR guinness shirt every Friday night to my local...quoting how we nearly won the league...fudging Wolves...bought QPR shares and still have them hanging in my office and worth sh.it all....and stacking it quite a few times in R block this and last season in row F when we have actually scored a goal.

Rant over and still looking forward to next season..what a mug a am !!
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:31 - Jun 7 with 914 viewsJuzzie

Not wishing to put words in people's mouths but "we" are only saying we'd prefer to be in the Championship 'cos we were utterly gash in the PL.

Had we had two seasons around mid-table I doubt anyone would be hankering for the Championship.

No one was complaining about being 5th-11th in the old 1st Division.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:37 - Jun 7 with 900 viewsPommyhoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:31 - Jun 7 by Juzzie

Not wishing to put words in people's mouths but "we" are only saying we'd prefer to be in the Championship 'cos we were utterly gash in the PL.

Had we had two seasons around mid-table I doubt anyone would be hankering for the Championship.

No one was complaining about being 5th-11th in the old 1st Division.

Exactly. Your first paragraph is what I said to QPunk.
And here is the meaning

sour grapes
pl.n.
Denial of the desirability of something after one has found out that it cannot be reached or acquired:

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:43 - Jun 7 with 881 viewsJuzzie

For the record, my comment wasn't aimed at QpunkR, it was just a general remark :)

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024