Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn 14:29 - Jun 5 with 17408 viewsQPRDave

About 10 mins ago they had Harry on saying "Any interference and he is Off!!!
If we don't get him the players he wants he's Off!!!
1st target he wants in .........Wayne Bridge
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:29 - Jun 5 with 2299 viewsCliff

I wondering if the "interference" is Tony's publicly stated preference for younger players possible from the lower leagues, whereas our 'Arry would rather get a cut of the deals from signing older players with Prem experience>
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:34 - Jun 5 with 2250 viewsJamie

In more positive news, we have people out in Israel on the lookout at the U21 Championships:

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:40 - Jun 5 with 2233 viewsNorthernr

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:34 - Jun 5 by Jamie

In more positive news, we have people out in Israel on the lookout at the U21 Championships:

I'm amazed that list has so few teams on it. Surely anybody in the top two divisions of any country in Europe should have somebody at that?
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:46 - Jun 5 with 2214 viewsTHEBUSH

I didn't hear the interview, but if that's his attitude, for me he can leave A.S.A.P.

Hughes was dictating to our club and I couldn't bear another manager doing the same.

Hopefully it's not as bad as it sounds, but not promising for the next season !!
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:48 - Jun 5 with 2204 viewsPhilmyRs

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:29 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

It's pretty simple, the problem is actually Tony Fernandes, but as a fan base, we'll probably go through every potential target to make the villain before we eventually arrive at his feet.

The difficulty for a lot of people is that he's a nice, likeable man. He's got an affable public personality and there are many strengths to the way he runs his businesses and his business ethos.

There is a lot to like about him, but his approach just doesn't work in football, that's all. There's no shame in that and no malice in it either, but what he wants for QPR and what we want from QPR are different.

Sometimes I think people become blinded by all of the money and investment made, and maybe some are scared to see that investment vanish.

I've always judged on raw ability myself — if you took away all of the money and safety nets, and it came down to pure hard work and raw ability — how would you assess his and the board's performance?

Do the people in charge have what it takes to build a club organically and successfully from scratch, and take it through the various phases and stages it needs to in order to become a respectable, functional and well-run football club?

Isn't that what makes a great owner? One who knows how to do these things and evolve organically and adapt when times change or the time is right?

I think what I know my answer is, however, I'd apply that answer to a lot of people out there. So it's not easy to determine where the club can go or who it can go to, because who out there is really up to scratch? And now, in the position we are in, who is out there also with deep pockets to oversee the financial burden we've currently placed ourselves in?

I really hope Fernandes and co do learn from all of their mistakes, and fast, because currently that's our only hope. He has built businesses from the ground up and done fantastically well in non-sport fields, so that gives us hope, but whether he can really adapt to the world of football or not, I'm really not so sure.

The structure of the club at the top and the way it has and continues to be run is still a major source of concern, in my opinion. The set up makes it very easy for things to go wrong and creates this blame game environment that should really be tackled and solved at source.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

'but what he wants for QPR and what we want from QPR are different'.

I agree with a lot of your points, and I suspect that we both share similar views on what we want from QPR. But you will surprised by how many fans want theTony F model. A fake fanbase, a 30k+ plus stadium attracting people with money simply for a trip to see premiership Football, with high profile signings to stir up interest. I agree that's not the QPR way.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:49 - Jun 5 with 2194 viewshoopsa07

Just listened to the whole interview: 21minutes onwards

www.talksport.co.uk/radio/listen-again/episode/118199

For anyone that missed it. To be honest I didn't think it sounded that bad at all.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:51 - Jun 5 with 2182 viewsBklynRanger

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:22 - Jun 5 by kensalriser

Just want to get this one straight.

When Briatore was meddling with team affairs, he was a cnt of the highest order and should fck off.

Now the current manager is saying he doesn't want any meddling in team affairs, he's a cnt of the highest order and should fck off.

Can't put my finger on it, but something doesn't compute.

Briatore is just naturally a kunt, regardless of business or football strategy or anything.

Tony certainly doesn't seem to be a kunt; but if he is putting global business interests ahead of the football, again, and interfering in areas he shouldn't be then that is of course out of order.

But it's also completely out of order that Redknapp is going on about this in public - it's just not good for the club and it puts Harry and his interests and welfare above everything else.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:55 - Jun 5 with 2165 viewsTheBlob

Is it a case that any "indiscretion" on Redknap's part will fuel the sacking hysteria?
Same thing ultimately led to Hoddle's England departure.
Try to make it a little less obvious guys.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Login to get fewer ads

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:57 - Jun 5 with 2160 viewsDylanP

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 14:46 - Jun 5 by Jamie

Quality signing Wayne Bridge, 23 years old, just had a cracking season in L1, desperate to get on and move up the leagues, huge appetite left for the game.

Salivating over here.

Bridges is 32

Poll: Who is the Best QPR Chairman in the last 25 Years?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 18:02 - Jun 5 with 2148 viewsFredManRave

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:29 - Jun 5 by Cliff

I wondering if the "interference" is Tony's publicly stated preference for younger players possible from the lower leagues, whereas our 'Arry would rather get a cut of the deals from signing older players with Prem experience>

First page of this thread and I was lamenting Harry and his constant whinging to the press and his basic lack of profesionalism and willingness to get behind the club. Second page and reading the suggestions that Fernandes wants certain player(s) to play I changed tack and was understanding of Harrys standpoint and exasperated at Fernandes' continued ability to suggest that he has learnt anything from hsi previous two years with us.

Page 3 now and I think Cliffs summary sounds the most plausible reason and summary of where we are at with the relationship between Tony "Peter Pan" Fernandes and Harry "Kevin the Teenager" Redknapp.

Whatever the real situation I wish they would both get it sorted out one way or the other. It's so f'ing annoying and unprofessional that despite the fact that Redknapp has been with us for 6 months we still have to listen to this shite.
For the good of the club the pair of them need to sit in a room and just be honest with each other and if they come to an agreement to carry on, then great, let us know and show some positivity, unity and willingness to at least start on the massive rebuilding job ahead of us. If they can't come to an agreement then Harry has to go (taking Cotterill with him) and we start again.

I've got the Power.
Poll: MOM from todays Teasing at Teesside?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 18:14 - Jun 5 with 2114 viewsRanger78

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 15:21 - Jun 5 by DieByYourSide

Let's face it, the man's a nob

A massive one.

I wish the parasite would hurry up and f&£* off!! He clearly doesn't want be here

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 18:39 - Jun 5 with 2054 viewsTHEBUSH

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 16:50 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

The crucial part of this interview, which we already know, isn't what everybody is talking about in terms of interference or getting what he wants. It's the bit where he lets on what his opinion is and the state of the club in the sense that he feels there are no people at the club who know anything about football.

That's directed at the owners and the upper management and indicates that, in the situation Rangers find themselves in, how can non football people make football based decisions? In that sense, he is right, but the answer isn't necessarily to hand Redknapp and his staff the keys as he suggests.

That's not the correct way and Redknapp already knows that having come from Tottenham and expertly controlled by Daniel Levy. But, it shows up the real problem, there's not a proper structure in place at the club in the sense that there is nobody at board level with proper football expertise and can therefore act in the best interests of the club or first and foremost, have its best interests at heart.

If that structure does not change, it does not matter if Redknapp is here or not, the same problem and process will apply to any manager who walks through the door.

Perhaps Redknapp wants to be that man advising TF, because for sure he won't work with anyone else advising TF, unless it was SAF and that ain't gonna happen.

TF obviously knows our problems at board level, that's why he brought in experienced managers like Hughes and Redknapp.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 19:29 - Jun 5 with 1963 viewsSomersetHoops

The real problem at QPR is that we have an owner who has no real knowledge of football who appointed a CEO to manage a stadium building project rather than a football man. This means there is nobody at the club to control the manager's excesses, steady the ship and set out the parameters for the team and the playing structure at the club. This is the reason for our failure under Hughes and continuing failure under Harry and until its addressed I fear we may continue to fail.

I regret to say that Swansea have the right approach, which is why they did better than us and despite all the good sounding words from our owners they are still not attending to the real problem. All the talking up of our team at the start of last season meant absolutely nothing after our 0-5 thrashing at home on the first day.

I suppose the owners have had an expensive lesson and its their money lost, but its also our club which has been had its image almost destroyed and and been playing really badly. We are once again relying on one man to put it right. I like Harry, but I don't think he can do what is required without a strong competent football director supporting him when he's right and questioning his proposed signings and playing methods when he's wrong.

Harry did not have a free reign at Spurs and some of the success there would have been the result of the hard-nosed input from Mr Levy. Nobody at QPR has the football credentials to fill that role and I think Harry likes the idea of unbridled team building, but if he also gets it wrong we will be in a worse state of decline and a new stadium will become a forgotten dream.

Who's Next?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 19:52 - Jun 5 with 1905 viewsderbyhoop

Maybe it's a case of, after 2 years of losing money hand over fist, and a 40m drop in revenue, the board is trying to rein in the spending. If that's the case Harry won't be happy as Rosie47 will be on short rations.
It wouldn't be a surprise to see TF pushing for players who will help the development of the brand in SE Asia, including Yun being pushed towards the first team. They may also be pushing for a young, hungry squad rather than adding to the 30+ year olds looking for a last pay day. Most fans would sympathise with that approach.
Surely the board should be setting strategies and budgets and leaving the manager to manage within those boundaries. But that doesn't mean they abdicate their responsibilities by taking a back seat.
I wouldn't be surprised if there were clashes between HR and Beard, where Beard questions the value of potential deals on behalf of the board. There's a big difference between supervision and interference.

"Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one's lifetime." (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop and now on Bluesky

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:02 - Jun 5 with 1883 viewsessextaxiboy

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:29 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

It's pretty simple, the problem is actually Tony Fernandes, but as a fan base, we'll probably go through every potential target to make the villain before we eventually arrive at his feet.

The difficulty for a lot of people is that he's a nice, likeable man. He's got an affable public personality and there are many strengths to the way he runs his businesses and his business ethos.

There is a lot to like about him, but his approach just doesn't work in football, that's all. There's no shame in that and no malice in it either, but what he wants for QPR and what we want from QPR are different.

Sometimes I think people become blinded by all of the money and investment made, and maybe some are scared to see that investment vanish.

I've always judged on raw ability myself — if you took away all of the money and safety nets, and it came down to pure hard work and raw ability — how would you assess his and the board's performance?

Do the people in charge have what it takes to build a club organically and successfully from scratch, and take it through the various phases and stages it needs to in order to become a respectable, functional and well-run football club?

Isn't that what makes a great owner? One who knows how to do these things and evolve organically and adapt when times change or the time is right?

I think what I know my answer is, however, I'd apply that answer to a lot of people out there. So it's not easy to determine where the club can go or who it can go to, because who out there is really up to scratch? And now, in the position we are in, who is out there also with deep pockets to oversee the financial burden we've currently placed ourselves in?

I really hope Fernandes and co do learn from all of their mistakes, and fast, because currently that's our only hope. He has built businesses from the ground up and done fantastically well in non-sport fields, so that gives us hope, but whether he can really adapt to the world of football or not, I'm really not so sure.

The structure of the club at the top and the way it has and continues to be run is still a major source of concern, in my opinion. The set up makes it very easy for things to go wrong and creates this blame game environment that should really be tackled and solved at source.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

IMO the only way Fernandes can be held responsible is in his appointment of and retention of Beard .

He is loyal , we saw that with Hughes, but Beard conducted the negotiations with Hughes and oversaw all of the signings under him and should be held to account.Beard was weak with Barton when he undermined Warnock

He was like a rabbit in the headlights at the fans forum , totally disconnected from the soul of the club, whilst enjoying the delights of directors boxes all over the Prem .

In football matters he is either starstruck , incompetent or both.

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:09 - Jun 5 with 1858 viewsShotKneesHoop

As I have previously posted, 'Arry's comments prove that our Tone is the new Ken Dodd. "Tears for Souvenirs" - play his theme tune because accountants shouldn't be marketeers.

Our Tone's game is all about Air Asia, making QPR a brand best served with sweet and sour chicken and noodles.

I used to support a football team, not a brand that is rapidly turning into a vehicle to support Billy Smart's Airline.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:12 - Jun 5 with 1840 viewsNeil_SI

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 17:48 - Jun 5 by PhilmyRs

'but what he wants for QPR and what we want from QPR are different'.

I agree with a lot of your points, and I suspect that we both share similar views on what we want from QPR. But you will surprised by how many fans want theTony F model. A fake fanbase, a 30k+ plus stadium attracting people with money simply for a trip to see premiership Football, with high profile signings to stir up interest. I agree that's not the QPR way.

Yeah I know what you mean. That's why I think some people are blinded or misguided by the PR and hype. We should be careful what you wish for sometimes, especially with things like this. If the spirit and the soul of the place changes in an adverse manner — it's very difficult, because it will change forever and there's no turning back.

Those changes are happening without much regard for the history, tradition or culture of the club. The board are not in a position of knowledge or experience to know any better and their lack of understanding of matters contributes to that and isn't something you can gain quickly — if at all.

I just think what bugs me is the lack of common sense applied to filling a stadium and there are many examples out there where clubs have built big shiny new things and can no longer fill them.

For me, the club needs to prove it can sell out, week in, week out, for a number of years, both in the Championship and Premier League, before even considering or contemplating increasing the capacity to the levels they're talking about, or moving to a new stadium.

I'm pretty sure Southampton and Arsenal both had huge waiting lists for years and years before they moved, they worked out which and how many of those were likely to be hardcore season ticket holders, or lifers, and based their decision to increase the capacity only when they really believed that the average was going to be substantially higher.

There needs to be proof of demand first, because a half empty Loftus Road at 19,000 can still be an intimidating place with a good atmosphere, but a half filled 35,000 won't. The bigger you go, the worse the experience becomes and it will affect the performances on the pitch too, as that emptiness devalues the game and translates through to the players.

But above all, it's just the way and manner it's being done. I'd gulp and go with it if I felt it was being done for the right reasons, but I see no evidence that is the case. I don't see anything organic about anything these people have done, not the current owners or the previous ones.

Obviously some of us are in a situation where we've never experienced a move before, whereas some will have, but it makes me feel very uneasy. I don't believe they are good enough to get it right. They might be good enough to build an excellent multi-purpose venue, but I don't think they have a clue about community values, culture, history, heritage or the impact doing this can have on the spirit and soul.

I am even struggling with that now. The more I go the more I can't help but feel or say to myself "this isn't QPR anymore" and it's nothing to do with not allowing change, it's just the change is not happening in the right spirit.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:13 - Jun 5 with 1835 viewsTheBlob

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:09 - Jun 5 by ShotKneesHoop

As I have previously posted, 'Arry's comments prove that our Tone is the new Ken Dodd. "Tears for Souvenirs" - play his theme tune because accountants shouldn't be marketeers.

Our Tone's game is all about Air Asia, making QPR a brand best served with sweet and sour chicken and noodles.

I used to support a football team, not a brand that is rapidly turning into a vehicle to support Billy Smart's Airline.

Your QPR money at one time went to finance the Chevely Park Stud.
Vested interests everywhere.I keep saying it,there is no such thing as clean money.

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:19 - Jun 5 with 1800 viewsNeil_SI

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 18:39 - Jun 5 by THEBUSH

Perhaps Redknapp wants to be that man advising TF, because for sure he won't work with anyone else advising TF, unless it was SAF and that ain't gonna happen.

TF obviously knows our problems at board level, that's why he brought in experienced managers like Hughes and Redknapp.

Maybe you're right with your assessment about Harry...who knows?

I think it's an ego thing with the board. It's their money and investment, so they'll do as they please, and that is their right and has to be respected at the end of the day.

Why would they want somebody at board level telling them how to spend their money? It's a bit about image and power when the stakes are that high.

But for me, that solution that you've said Fernandes is opting for is not a good model or structure for a well run football club — it doesn't create a suitable enough environment.

I personally do not think that Mark Hughes or Harry Redknapp were brought in because of their experience and the lack of experience on the board. They were marquee signings, just like the players, to help fuel the brand. They both could certainly attract big name players and that's what Fernandes wanted.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:23 - Jun 5 with 1786 viewsbaz_qpr

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:12 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

Yeah I know what you mean. That's why I think some people are blinded or misguided by the PR and hype. We should be careful what you wish for sometimes, especially with things like this. If the spirit and the soul of the place changes in an adverse manner — it's very difficult, because it will change forever and there's no turning back.

Those changes are happening without much regard for the history, tradition or culture of the club. The board are not in a position of knowledge or experience to know any better and their lack of understanding of matters contributes to that and isn't something you can gain quickly — if at all.

I just think what bugs me is the lack of common sense applied to filling a stadium and there are many examples out there where clubs have built big shiny new things and can no longer fill them.

For me, the club needs to prove it can sell out, week in, week out, for a number of years, both in the Championship and Premier League, before even considering or contemplating increasing the capacity to the levels they're talking about, or moving to a new stadium.

I'm pretty sure Southampton and Arsenal both had huge waiting lists for years and years before they moved, they worked out which and how many of those were likely to be hardcore season ticket holders, or lifers, and based their decision to increase the capacity only when they really believed that the average was going to be substantially higher.

There needs to be proof of demand first, because a half empty Loftus Road at 19,000 can still be an intimidating place with a good atmosphere, but a half filled 35,000 won't. The bigger you go, the worse the experience becomes and it will affect the performances on the pitch too, as that emptiness devalues the game and translates through to the players.

But above all, it's just the way and manner it's being done. I'd gulp and go with it if I felt it was being done for the right reasons, but I see no evidence that is the case. I don't see anything organic about anything these people have done, not the current owners or the previous ones.

Obviously some of us are in a situation where we've never experienced a move before, whereas some will have, but it makes me feel very uneasy. I don't believe they are good enough to get it right. They might be good enough to build an excellent multi-purpose venue, but I don't think they have a clue about community values, culture, history, heritage or the impact doing this can have on the spirit and soul.

I am even struggling with that now. The more I go the more I can't help but feel or say to myself "this isn't QPR anymore" and it's nothing to do with not allowing change, it's just the change is not happening in the right spirit.

When was it QPR Neil? 10 years ago in Admin in league one, the GP days, the briatore days, the Wright days, the Thomson days?

Or are we walking in a nostalgia for when things were shit!
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:27 - Jun 5 with 1761 viewsNeil_SI

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:02 - Jun 5 by essextaxiboy

IMO the only way Fernandes can be held responsible is in his appointment of and retention of Beard .

He is loyal , we saw that with Hughes, but Beard conducted the negotiations with Hughes and oversaw all of the signings under him and should be held to account.Beard was weak with Barton when he undermined Warnock

He was like a rabbit in the headlights at the fans forum , totally disconnected from the soul of the club, whilst enjoying the delights of directors boxes all over the Prem .

In football matters he is either starstruck , incompetent or both.

That's one way to look at it, but another is that this is another symptom of Fernandes' approach to players and managers.

Phillip Beard and his team have been hired to deliver a new multi-purpose stadium, and he will most likely deliver that, as required.

How much involvement Beard had in the development and success of the O2 is open to debate, depending on who you know and talk to. So, is this just Fernandes going on reputation again?

We've already seen the arrival of Mark Donnelly to the club to help Beard out, so that already tells its own story really. Donnelly worked for The FA for a bit, but he's also another person who's never been properly involved in a football club before, so maybe this is yet another aspect where someone has said "he works for The FA, he must be good!" And he may well be, or he may not. Time will tell.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:32 - Jun 5 with 1728 viewsdanehoop

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:19 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

Maybe you're right with your assessment about Harry...who knows?

I think it's an ego thing with the board. It's their money and investment, so they'll do as they please, and that is their right and has to be respected at the end of the day.

Why would they want somebody at board level telling them how to spend their money? It's a bit about image and power when the stakes are that high.

But for me, that solution that you've said Fernandes is opting for is not a good model or structure for a well run football club — it doesn't create a suitable enough environment.

I personally do not think that Mark Hughes or Harry Redknapp were brought in because of their experience and the lack of experience on the board. They were marquee signings, just like the players, to help fuel the brand. They both could certainly attract big name players and that's what Fernandes wanted.

Not sure that I entirely agree with you Neil (which is unusual). I think the Redknapp signing was a calculated gamble to keep us up. The best possible manager available at the time with decent form as a motivator and for keeping things up. The profile was obviously attractive externally but I really don't think it was TF's main motivation which is what you seem to be implying.

The key for me is what happens now. Agreeing a clear strategy with Harry for the coming season as regards player profile/type we are looking to build through and the overall budget available for ingoings and outgoings. Making the signings by agreed times and agree release strategies for players identified as surplus.

I feel encouraged that this seems to be what they are talking about. I am nervous for another complete expensive rebuild which doesn't introduce an element of longer term planningfor the three to five year period. Ensuring that we use players like Harriman and developing him rather than buy/loan an expensive duplicate adding little better than we have.

Never knowingly understood

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:35 - Jun 5 with 1720 viewsNeil_SI

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:23 - Jun 5 by baz_qpr

When was it QPR Neil? 10 years ago in Admin in league one, the GP days, the briatore days, the Wright days, the Thomson days?

Or are we walking in a nostalgia for when things were shit!

I don't really understand your question.

I always thought we were well run under Richard Thompson, but I was young then and we have the benefit with hindsight and we did really well in the aftermath of administration too.

Despite the monetary issues, we worked really hard as a club and the entire place was united in harmony from staff, to players to fans. The club did a lot of good work to find value on the budgets it had and remain competitive.

People worked hard and grafted for Rangers. And they loved and bought into it too — there was a "triffic" togetherness about the place.

I think we've been poorly run ever since Gianni Paladini walked through the door.
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:42 - Jun 5 with 1691 viewsMkPaul

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:35 - Jun 5 by Neil_SI

I don't really understand your question.

I always thought we were well run under Richard Thompson, but I was young then and we have the benefit with hindsight and we did really well in the aftermath of administration too.

Despite the monetary issues, we worked really hard as a club and the entire place was united in harmony from staff, to players to fans. The club did a lot of good work to find value on the budgets it had and remain competitive.

People worked hard and grafted for Rangers. And they loved and bought into it too — there was a "triffic" togetherness about the place.

I think we've been poorly run ever since Gianni Paladini walked through the door.

Staying as we always have been, a small club with small support is not sustainable in the modern game of football, if we stay as we were we will not be here in a few years.

I for one think TF et el are doing a better job than a number of the more vocal posters on here would given some of the ideas I see on here
Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:42 - Jun 5 with 1691 viewsNeil_SI

Harry Redknapp Breaking news ssn on 20:32 - Jun 5 by danehoop

Not sure that I entirely agree with you Neil (which is unusual). I think the Redknapp signing was a calculated gamble to keep us up. The best possible manager available at the time with decent form as a motivator and for keeping things up. The profile was obviously attractive externally but I really don't think it was TF's main motivation which is what you seem to be implying.

The key for me is what happens now. Agreeing a clear strategy with Harry for the coming season as regards player profile/type we are looking to build through and the overall budget available for ingoings and outgoings. Making the signings by agreed times and agree release strategies for players identified as surplus.

I feel encouraged that this seems to be what they are talking about. I am nervous for another complete expensive rebuild which doesn't introduce an element of longer term planningfor the three to five year period. Ensuring that we use players like Harriman and developing him rather than buy/loan an expensive duplicate adding little better than we have.

Yeah that's an entirely fair assessment on Redknapp. I suppose my initial comment was more aimed at Hughes and Redknapp was a gamble that on paper, was worth going for in the circumstances they found themselves in.

It's not like they know enough about the game to appoint a young manager with potential.

As for the future, it's not easy for anybody to sort out the mess there. But I think I wouldn't look beyond simply trying to get players off the books who don't want to be there, or who we don't want to be there, and get that squad size under some sort of control. It's been out of control for two years and that needs to be addressed, and that goes hand in hand with the pay structure. There needs to be more equality to it so that it doesn't cause resentment within the ranks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024