Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Neville analysis 19:33 - Feb 25 with 2945 viewsNorthernr

Fair to say he's not impressed with the defending for the second United goal on Saturday

Mbia spends most of the build up putting his gloves back on!
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]
Neville analysis on 19:36 - Feb 25 with 2165 viewsdaveB

i only saw the end bit, do they repeat this?
Neville analysis on 19:41 - Feb 25 with 2124 viewsQPR1882

Maybe someone should let Arry know M'bia is a centre back and not a midfielder.

Neville analysis on 19:54 - Feb 25 with 2077 viewsnadera78

Neville analysis on 19:41 - Feb 25 by QPR1882

His first few appearances for us would suggest otherwise. He had no idea who to mark or how to do it, constantly giving players three or four yards of space to collect the ball and turn.
Neville analysis on 19:55 - Feb 25 with 2070 viewsNorthernr

Neville analysis on 19:41 - Feb 25 by QPR1882

Because ignoring the game going on around you while fixing your gloves is so much safer and more acceptable than centre mid?
Neville analysis on 19:56 - Feb 25 with 2069 viewsJim_Bob

First things first - Shropshire blue

Mbia appears to be redknapps first choice midfielder, can't for the life of me understand why, plays like a headless chicken.
Neville analysis on 20:12 - Feb 25 with 2016 viewsQPR1882

Neville analysis on 19:55 - Feb 25 by Northernr

Because ignoring the game going on around you while fixing your gloves is so much safer and more acceptable than centre mid?

Easy position is midfield when the oppos are attacking,sit back and leave it to the defenders,bit like Adel does most weeks. Not so easy adjusting gloves when you are last line of defence.

Thats neither here nor there, at present we are playing a Centre Back in midfield whilst playing Hill.....
Neville analysis on 20:19 - Feb 25 with 1986 viewsdaveB

Neville analysis on 20:12 - Feb 25 by QPR1882

Easy position is midfield when the oppos are attacking,sit back and leave it to the defenders,bit like Adel does most weeks. Not so easy adjusting gloves when you are last line of defence.

Thats neither here nor there, at present we are playing a Centre Back in midfield whilst playing Hill.....

I can see the argument for playing Samba and Mbia at centre half as Samba is a good organiser and could help Mbia through games but i can't see it happening. Hill has been far more reliable than Mbia in defence this season
Neville analysis on 20:23 - Feb 25 with 1976 viewsQPR1882

Neville analysis on 20:19 - Feb 25 by daveB

I can see the argument for playing Samba and Mbia at centre half as Samba is a good organiser and could help Mbia through games but i can't see it happening. Hill has been far more reliable than Mbia in defence this season

Dave , Hill was left with his thumb up his arse playing Giggs on for his goal.

This is not the 1st time this year,i have a lot of time for Hill but it's time for him to step back to the bench.
Login to get fewer ads

Neville analysis on 20:25 - Feb 25 with 1970 viewstoemasher

Its fair to say that, in terms of strategic match awareness, he is the other end of the spectrum to Ryan Giggs. But he does run around an awful lot putting in card defying tackles and blocks and he seems to be staying on his feet. Very entertaining just a shame about the error rate.... Maybe with centre back being a more strictly defined role he would be better. But as we are going down anyway, enjoy the madness...
Neville analysis on 22:25 - Feb 25 with 1754 viewsdaveB

Gary Neville was left baffled by Queens Park Rangers' 'unexplainable' defending at the weekend but thinks the Premier League's rock-bottom club could still produce a Great Escape.

A 2-0 defeat by league leaders Manchester United on Saturday left Harry Redknapp's team at the foot of the table and seven points from safety with just 11 matches remaining in the season.

There was little QPR could do to stop Rafael from opening the scoring with a wonderful strike but Sky Sports expert Neville was less than impressed with the defending which allowed Ryan Giggs to add United's second.

"Southampton could almost put QPR to bed on Saturday. But if QPR win and bring Southampton back into them, they could potentially go on a run"
Gary Neville
Quotes of the week
Jose Bosingwa permitted Danny Welbeck to set up the goal while Stephane Mbia moved away from play, seemingly adjusting his gloves rather than focusing on the game, before Clint Hill and Christopher Samba were caught out of position.

"You can talk about tactics and analysis all you like," Neville said on Monday Night Football. "You can potentially say, 'Okay, Clint Hill, you maybe should have gone in there'. You can maybe say, 'Samba, you should have adjusted your position.'

"They are tactical, football points - players maybe not seeing the danger early enough. (But) I cannot understand what Bosingwa and Mbia have done.

"They are things which go beyond football analysis, because, to walk away from the game, which is something Mbia has done, is unexplainable."

The Harry Redknapp factor could help QPR avoid relegation this season, according to Gary Neville
But Neville does not think QPR are certain to be relegated and the former England international and ex-United defender is in no doubt about the importance of this weekend's game at Southampton, who sit 16th in the table and 10 points above their next visitors.

Merson - Title won
Neville reckons the factors in QPR's favour are the presence of manager Redknapp, who steered Portsmouth to safety in 2005/06 when they had been eight points from survival with 11 games remaining, and a favourable fixture list for the rest of the season.

After Southampton, QPR also still have fellow strugglers Aston Villa, Wigan Athletic and Reading to play before May and wins in those matches could let them potentially climb out of the relegation zone.

"When I see the things that are happening (against United), it is not what I think of in the Premier League - fighting to get into challenges and getting across the sides," said Neville.

"But I sense that, two or three months out, this thought is going deeper into the back of this thick skull that QPR still could, and may, get out of it (relegation).

"Southampton could almost put QPR to bed on Saturday. But if QPR win and bring Southampton back into them, they could potentially go on a run."
Neville analysis on 22:31 - Feb 25 with 1730 viewsdaveB

Neville analysis on 20:23 - Feb 25 by QPR1882

Dave , Hill was left with his thumb up his arse playing Giggs on for his goal.

This is not the 1st time this year,i have a lot of time for Hill but it's time for him to step back to the bench.

He was and I can see what your saying but for me Hill is the least of our problems at the moment, i don't think mbia at the back is going to improve us
Neville analysis on 22:36 - Feb 25 with 1721 viewsHunterhoop

Mbia was absolute PONY when he played centre half.

His performance in the 2-1 home loss to West Ham, as well as the cup loss to Reading, were, quite frankly, scary. He got underneath almost all headers he went for, he failed to get tight when the ball was played up to Cole then Carrol and the Pog. Several times he let them bring high balls down and turn under no pressure when it was just a simple punt upfield. He stepped up at the wrong time and he continually tried to play hollwood balls. HE WAS WOEFUL.

There were loads of threads going..."nah, he's a CM. He'll be class when we play him there."

Well he's spent a long while playing CM. As someone said, in a midfield 3 I think he can do a decent job. In a midfield 2, he can't because his passing is too bad and his positioning too wayward.

That incident for the Utd second is very poor.

I want to like Mbia. I think most of us do. He's a character. He gives his top to a kid each game. He says the right things.

But let's be honest. He was terrible at centre half when we played him there and he's slowly been make to look VERY ordinary in centre midfield.

I've said all along, and maintain so, that Diakite is a far more capable midfielder. The level he played at in the last 10 games last year was WAY above any level Mbia has ever played at.

Yes, Diakite might get a red, but we need our best players out there because we must win. Get him in the team!!
Neville analysis on 23:00 - Feb 25 with 1666 viewsPhilmyRs

Neville analysis on 22:36 - Feb 25 by Hunterhoop

Mbia was absolute PONY when he played centre half.

His performance in the 2-1 home loss to West Ham, as well as the cup loss to Reading, were, quite frankly, scary. He got underneath almost all headers he went for, he failed to get tight when the ball was played up to Cole then Carrol and the Pog. Several times he let them bring high balls down and turn under no pressure when it was just a simple punt upfield. He stepped up at the wrong time and he continually tried to play hollwood balls. HE WAS WOEFUL.

There were loads of threads going..."nah, he's a CM. He'll be class when we play him there."

Well he's spent a long while playing CM. As someone said, in a midfield 3 I think he can do a decent job. In a midfield 2, he can't because his passing is too bad and his positioning too wayward.

That incident for the Utd second is very poor.

I want to like Mbia. I think most of us do. He's a character. He gives his top to a kid each game. He says the right things.

But let's be honest. He was terrible at centre half when we played him there and he's slowly been make to look VERY ordinary in centre midfield.

I've said all along, and maintain so, that Diakite is a far more capable midfielder. The level he played at in the last 10 games last year was WAY above any level Mbia has ever played at.

Yes, Diakite might get a red, but we need our best players out there because we must win. Get him in the team!!

I see want your saying, although felt he played well against Arsenal at the back. Thought one of his most impressive games was away at united at right back. Would rather him then Bosingwa.
Neville analysis on 23:22 - Feb 25 with 1623 viewsHunterhoop

Arsenal, I think his performance was "enhanced", shall we say, by Cesar putting in a Lev Yashin display....it could have been 4 or 5, even though we should have snatched a draw late on.

At RB against Utd he did look okay, I grant you. But RB and CB are very different positions. And he's shown over several games some serious weaknesses as a CB.

I agree I'd have him at RB over Bosingwa. I'd have f*cking Warren Barton...now...ovre Bosingwa because I detest the bloke.

No idea why Onouha's been dropped. Like everyone he was crap against Swansea, but prior to that he was excellent against Chelsea, Man City and, most all all Spurs, where Gareth "he's up there with Messi and Ronaldo...NOT" Bale got no change whatsoever after 30mins with Onouha he swapped sides.

Fabio and Onouha at full backs and we can keep clean sheets...
Neville analysis on 05:54 - Feb 26 with 1520 viewsqprmick

Only the GK needs gloves throw all the others in the bin, fkn softies.

Qprmick

Neville analysis on 08:15 - Feb 26 with 1434 viewsJonDoeman

Neville analysis on 19:55 - Feb 25 by Northernr

Not seen this angle of it yet. Unbelievable. He's not all there that fella.

It Is What It Is !!

Neville analysis on 08:28 - Feb 26 with 1412 viewsjonno

Neville analysis on 22:25 - Feb 25 by daveB

Gary Neville was left baffled by Queens Park Rangers' 'unexplainable' defending at the weekend but thinks the Premier League's rock-bottom club could still produce a Great Escape.

A 2-0 defeat by league leaders Manchester United on Saturday left Harry Redknapp's team at the foot of the table and seven points from safety with just 11 matches remaining in the season.

There was little QPR could do to stop Rafael from opening the scoring with a wonderful strike but Sky Sports expert Neville was less than impressed with the defending which allowed Ryan Giggs to add United's second.

"Southampton could almost put QPR to bed on Saturday. But if QPR win and bring Southampton back into them, they could potentially go on a run"
Gary Neville
Quotes of the week
Jose Bosingwa permitted Danny Welbeck to set up the goal while Stephane Mbia moved away from play, seemingly adjusting his gloves rather than focusing on the game, before Clint Hill and Christopher Samba were caught out of position.

"You can talk about tactics and analysis all you like," Neville said on Monday Night Football. "You can potentially say, 'Okay, Clint Hill, you maybe should have gone in there'. You can maybe say, 'Samba, you should have adjusted your position.'

"They are tactical, football points - players maybe not seeing the danger early enough. (But) I cannot understand what Bosingwa and Mbia have done.

"They are things which go beyond football analysis, because, to walk away from the game, which is something Mbia has done, is unexplainable."

The Harry Redknapp factor could help QPR avoid relegation this season, according to Gary Neville
But Neville does not think QPR are certain to be relegated and the former England international and ex-United defender is in no doubt about the importance of this weekend's game at Southampton, who sit 16th in the table and 10 points above their next visitors.

Merson - Title won
Neville reckons the factors in QPR's favour are the presence of manager Redknapp, who steered Portsmouth to safety in 2005/06 when they had been eight points from survival with 11 games remaining, and a favourable fixture list for the rest of the season.

After Southampton, QPR also still have fellow strugglers Aston Villa, Wigan Athletic and Reading to play before May and wins in those matches could let them potentially climb out of the relegation zone.

"When I see the things that are happening (against United), it is not what I think of in the Premier League - fighting to get into challenges and getting across the sides," said Neville.

"But I sense that, two or three months out, this thought is going deeper into the back of this thick skull that QPR still could, and may, get out of it (relegation).

"Southampton could almost put QPR to bed on Saturday. But if QPR win and bring Southampton back into them, they could potentially go on a run."

I like Neville and his analysis is usually spot - so much better than most of the "analysts" usually on TV who just point out what is obvious to everyone. But if he thinks we can stay up he's barmy. We are a shockingly bad, abysmal side, comfortably the worst team in the division and we thoroughly deserve to be relegated. I think Gary has a bit of a soft spot for us!
Neville analysis on 09:03 - Feb 26 with 1358 viewsgazza1

Gary Neville knows his stuff - a great addition to Sky and England. Under-rated by many in his playing days but not by the people that count.
Neville analysis on 09:07 - Feb 26 with 1350 viewsWestbourneR

Neville analysis on 09:03 - Feb 26 by gazza1

Gary Neville knows his stuff - a great addition to Sky and England. Under-rated by many in his playing days but not by the people that count.

And I suppose you we're one of the 'people who count'. Scary.

Poll: Should JFH get the sack?

Neville analysis on 09:09 - Feb 26 with 1340 viewsgazza1

Neville analysis on 09:07 - Feb 26 by WestbourneR

And I suppose you we're one of the 'people who count'. Scary.

Talking about Ferguson & England Managers(& me if you want Westbourne).
Neville analysis on 09:18 - Feb 26 with 1325 viewspomanjou

That Neville guy has got his head screwed on and obviously reads this site as he's clearly boned up on "How we are going to perform the great escape, again...." thread.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Neville analysis on 09:19 - Feb 26 with 1321 viewsTrance_Trousers

I want him as our next manager, and i shall write him a lovely letter informing him of my decision.

Once you`ve had black you never go back.........

Neville analysis on 09:32 - Feb 26 with 1291 viewskropotkin41

He's right about one thing: the coup de grace will be delivered against Southampton.

‘morbid curiosity about where this is all going’

Neville analysis on 09:33 - Feb 26 with 1288 viewskingsburyR

Neville analysis on 05:54 - Feb 26 by qprmick

Only the GK needs gloves throw all the others in the bin, fkn softies.

Im glad someone else picked up on this!

Ban gloves for everyone except the goalie...END OF!!!!

Its a bloody disgrace any outfield player has to wear them...... especially with short sleeved shirts!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Neville analysis on 09:42 - Feb 26 with 1271 viewspomanjou

Neville analysis on 09:33 - Feb 26 by kingsburyR

Im glad someone else picked up on this!

Ban gloves for everyone except the goalie...END OF!!!!

Its a bloody disgrace any outfield player has to wear them...... especially with short sleeved shirts!

Its a fashion statement like young women who wear big Army CWW boots with pussy pelmets.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024