Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartons appeal 15:33 - May 16 with 9201 viewsFerdy

I thought there was a 12:00 deadline to see if he appealed? Anyone heard anything?
Bartons appeal on 16:01 - May 17 with 1457 viewsJonDoeman

By a Sports Law barrister
" In my opinion QPR should at this point tear up his contract and dismiss Barton for 'gross misconduct'. It is more than time that football stood up to players when their behaviour goes too far. They are not untouchable and their supposed ability to kick a ball around a field should be viewed in context with their wider responsibilities. Any conceivable benefits of keeping Barton are considerably outweighed by the tangible moral benefits of getting rid of him.
Barton can then spout on Twitter all he likes. I doubt that anybody will seriously be paying attention. "

http://gibbsbarrister.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/no-sporting-chance.html?spref=tw

It Is What It Is !!

Bartons appeal on 16:16 - May 17 with 1426 viewsJamie

Bartons appeal on 12:37 - May 17 by daveB

why did Suarez get 8 games then?

Repeat offence.

3 games for foul and abusive language
1 game for racist element
Doubled for repeated use of offensive language.
Bartons appeal on 18:21 - May 17 with 1380 viewspomanjou

Bartons appeal on 11:23 - May 17 by jonno

Of course we can sack him and cancel his contract. He is clearly guilty of gross misconduct and will incur a ban which makes him unavailable for work due to it. That's a sackable offence in itself and the Club could argue that he has broken the terms of his contract by making himself unavailable.

I would love to believe that was true.

He could also argue that he has a record of misdemeanours and it was known to the club when it signed him. I mean, did they think they were signing the Angel Gabriel?

You could argue that he has broken the terms of his contract, but winning that argument in a British Court is another matter.

Its going to be a heavy slog to move him out.

Currently residing in Pinner, Centre of the Universe.
Poll: we have a timetable for Brexit, should there be a referendum for the English

Bartons appeal on 19:25 - May 17 with 1355 viewsPinnerPaul

Bartons appeal on 11:23 - May 17 by jonno

Of course we can sack him and cancel his contract. He is clearly guilty of gross misconduct and will incur a ban which makes him unavailable for work due to it. That's a sackable offence in itself and the Club could argue that he has broken the terms of his contract by making himself unavailable.

Using that logic Hill, Cisse, Trarore,Taarabt ,Derry & Diakite should all hve been sacked then?
Bartons appeal on 19:40 - May 17 with 1344 viewsQPR_John

Bartons appeal on 12:41 - May 17 by daveB

The FA can do nothing about Tevez as it was seen by the lino and the decsion was red for Barton, if Barton hadn't reacted then Tevez would be facing a 3 match ban now.

This is what I cannot understand by this "the official has seen it" argument. If the official saw Tevez throw a punch and did nothing about it why is the official not censured. If the offical did not see Tevez throw a punch then the FA can do something about it. Either way the FA must take some action
Bartons appeal on 19:44 - May 17 with 1336 viewsJonDoeman

Bartons appeal on 19:40 - May 17 by QPR_John

This is what I cannot understand by this "the official has seen it" argument. If the official saw Tevez throw a punch and did nothing about it why is the official not censured. If the offical did not see Tevez throw a punch then the FA can do something about it. Either way the FA must take some action

Sounds like sense!

It Is What It Is !!

Bartons appeal on 21:14 - May 17 with 1299 viewsderbyhoop

Bartons appeal on 16:01 - May 17 by JonDoeman

By a Sports Law barrister
" In my opinion QPR should at this point tear up his contract and dismiss Barton for 'gross misconduct'. It is more than time that football stood up to players when their behaviour goes too far. They are not untouchable and their supposed ability to kick a ball around a field should be viewed in context with their wider responsibilities. Any conceivable benefits of keeping Barton are considerably outweighed by the tangible moral benefits of getting rid of him.
Barton can then spout on Twitter all he likes. I doubt that anybody will seriously be paying attention. "

http://gibbsbarrister.blogspot.co.uk/2012/05/no-sporting-chance.html?spref=tw

I have no legal qualifications but I agree completely.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024