Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Bartons appeal 15:33 - May 16 with 9200 viewsFerdy

I thought there was a 12:00 deadline to see if he appealed? Anyone heard anything?
Bartons appeal on 22:16 - May 16 with 1394 viewsHollowayRanger

Bartons appeal on 17:33 - May 16 by BlackCrowe

Added to which every oppo player next season is going to try and rile him. It was bad enough this season, it will be relentless next. And all the while the rest of team have got to adapt to/put up with the situation. Get rid.

agree everyone will be doing a tevez on him and ref turns see player x laying on floor barton within 10 feet and think oh its barton RED CARD!

both red cards this season he's being the innocent victim of fouls not see by refs but because of his temper he's reacted and QPR have paid the price

im still going with a 15 game ban 3 red cards sunday
elbow red =3 games plus 1 for norwich
kick red= 3 games plus 2 reds
headbutt attempt red = 3 games plus 3 reds total 15 games

its a shame as post liverpool he's finally started to show how good a team player he was but he's damaged

Listen to the band play!
Poll: How much will you pay for adult season ticket next season if in championship

Bartons appeal on 22:18 - May 16 with 1392 viewsRangersAreBack

If he was half as smart as he believes he would hit the deck clasping his head each time he's provoked. It worked for him against Gervinho and may have worked against Tevez.
Bartons appeal on 22:37 - May 16 with 1367 viewsessextaxiboy

Not defending Barton in any way but just two things that occur to me .

Is what he has done worse than
1/ John Terrys alleged racist insult
2/ Cantona launching himself into the crowd at a member of the public.

One is representing England at a major tournament and the other is a legend at Man Utd and often is named as one of the Icons of recent Prem history .

Bartons appeal on 10:33 - May 17 with 1309 viewsJamie

Accepted the charge for the Aguero incident, fighting the charge for Kompany incident.

As a sidenote was watching a highlights of the match with Italian footage. When the Barton incident came up the commentator described Barton as a 'stupid criminal'. I clapped.
Bartons appeal on 10:36 - May 17 with 1300 viewsdaveB

Bartons appeal on 22:37 - May 16 by essextaxiboy

Not defending Barton in any way but just two things that occur to me .

Is what he has done worse than
1/ John Terrys alleged racist insult
2/ Cantona launching himself into the crowd at a member of the public.

One is representing England at a major tournament and the other is a legend at Man Utd and often is named as one of the Icons of recent Prem history .

Cantona got an 8 month ban so no Bartons crime is not as bad and won't be as long a ban. I don't think it is worse than Terrys racial attack either but he'll get a similar length ban when the FA can deal with it
Bartons appeal on 10:44 - May 17 with 1293 viewsadhoc_qpr

The Kompany incident was a bit of nothing much to be fair, but taken in the context of his other actions he'll be lucky to get that quashed!

Face it we're stuck with Barton, in the crazy world of football proper employment law seems to go out the window.

We won't be able to cancel his contract, it will cost us millions to pay it off and no one is likely to take him off our hands (even on a free) with a massive ban looming.

We'll have to keep him and put him in our 25 man squad to serve his ban and maybe we can offload in January.

At least we can take the captaincy off him now without him being able to kick up a fuss about it.
Bartons appeal on 10:50 - May 17 with 1285 viewsJamie

Bartons appeal on 10:36 - May 17 by daveB

Cantona got an 8 month ban so no Bartons crime is not as bad and won't be as long a ban. I don't think it is worse than Terrys racial attack either but he'll get a similar length ban when the FA can deal with it

Terry will get 4 games. All outlined in the Suarez casework.
Bartons appeal on 11:00 - May 17 with 1277 viewsQPR1882

Did anything happen to Tevez for the 1st punch ( clearly seen on sky )

just a thought...........................
Login to get fewer ads

Bartons appeal on 11:16 - May 17 with 1258 viewsJamie

Bartons appeal on 11:00 - May 17 by QPR1882

Did anything happen to Tevez for the 1st punch ( clearly seen on sky )

just a thought...........................

No.

Tevez was smart imo and wound Barton up with a sly dig as did Johnson at Norwich.

Same happened with Alexis v Terry. Clever dig in the ribs got the reaction.

If Barton was playing against us, I'd be hoping our players would be digging at him.
Bartons appeal on 11:23 - May 17 with 1244 viewsjonno

Bartons appeal on 10:44 - May 17 by adhoc_qpr

The Kompany incident was a bit of nothing much to be fair, but taken in the context of his other actions he'll be lucky to get that quashed!

Face it we're stuck with Barton, in the crazy world of football proper employment law seems to go out the window.

We won't be able to cancel his contract, it will cost us millions to pay it off and no one is likely to take him off our hands (even on a free) with a massive ban looming.

We'll have to keep him and put him in our 25 man squad to serve his ban and maybe we can offload in January.

At least we can take the captaincy off him now without him being able to kick up a fuss about it.

Of course we can sack him and cancel his contract. He is clearly guilty of gross misconduct and will incur a ban which makes him unavailable for work due to it. That's a sackable offence in itself and the Club could argue that he has broken the terms of his contract by making himself unavailable.
Bartons appeal on 11:28 - May 17 with 1237 viewsQPR1882

Bartons appeal on 11:16 - May 17 by Jamie

No.

Tevez was smart imo and wound Barton up with a sly dig as did Johnson at Norwich.

Same happened with Alexis v Terry. Clever dig in the ribs got the reaction.

If Barton was playing against us, I'd be hoping our players would be digging at him.

you missed the bit where i said CLEARLY SEEN ON SKY.Therefore Tevez was not that smart because he has been caught punching Barton.

Did a scum player not get banned a few weeks back for doing the same thing ?

Are the FA going to do anything or are players of teams that win the league above the laws of the game ?
Bartons appeal on 11:30 - May 17 with 1232 viewsJonDoeman

Bartons appeal on 11:28 - May 17 by QPR1882

you missed the bit where i said CLEARLY SEEN ON SKY.Therefore Tevez was not that smart because he has been caught punching Barton.

Are the FA going to do anything or are players of teams that win the league above the laws of the game ?

Been saying the same, he started it with a punch = violent conduct.
WTFs going on that no-one is mentioning this?

It Is What It Is !!

Bartons appeal on 11:39 - May 17 with 1221 viewsQPR_Jim

I couldn't agree more, Tevez should be getting hauled up in front of the FA as well.

I think the bar was set a Loftus Road when Barton was hacked down by Ashley Cole while running clear at the end of the game at home to Chelsea, Cole was already on a yellow so the ref decided to stop the game early instead of issuing another yellow and a Red card.

This is exactly the same principle, Tevez clearly punched Barton but because the seasons over and it wasn't picked up by the ref then it's fine, forget about it.
Bartons appeal on 11:42 - May 17 with 1213 viewsingeminate

Barton's behaviour was obviously especially bad becasue of the importance of the game. Though the general outrage does get me thinking to how things have changed.
Under Wilkins reign we had Impey, Brevitt, Slade etc routinely scrap. Against Barnsley no neck pretty much knocked a fella out and then tried to hit the ref, only another player grabbing him as he was swinging stopped him from conneccting and most likely picking up a lifetime ban. That got forgotten about because Sinclair scored that goal about 20 minutes later, far more violent than Barton's on Tevez.

Used to all kick off, remember McDonald liftin Keith Curle up by his shirt. Maddix getting sent off then coming back and saying someone would need to put a gun to his head befiore he retaliated again. Then getting himself sent off in a reserve team game straight after.

So far as I can make out we won't really have much fo a leg to stand on in terms of cancelling his contract. The only thing we might get him on is him saying he premeditatedly tried to get another one of their players sent off by kicking aguero, lunging at Kompany etc. That might just trigger some sort of gross miconduct clause - unlikely though.

He is a virus and we can get rid great if not, well it will give whoever starts the season an opportunity to make the midfield spots their own, there can be no way he'll retain the captaincy and who knows maybe he'll come back in to the team and improve it. He was definitely getting better in our more recent performances.

If not actually disgruntled, he was far from being gruntled. PG Wodehouse
Poll: Should Jimmy be sacked?

Bartons appeal on 11:43 - May 17 with 1212 viewsJamie

Except it hasn't been 'clearly seen on sky'. Sky have one angle with two blurry pixels tangling and a camera angle 100 yards away that is just as inconclusive. The only 'evidence' of Tevez punching Barton is Barton saying he did and the FA won't take his word for it when he's looking down the barrel of a 10+ game ban.

When they charged Barton they will have looked at Tevez and decided nothing needed (and perhaps could) be done.
Bartons appeal on 12:30 - May 17 with 1175 viewsQPR1882

Bartons appeal on 11:43 - May 17 by Jamie

Except it hasn't been 'clearly seen on sky'. Sky have one angle with two blurry pixels tangling and a camera angle 100 yards away that is just as inconclusive. The only 'evidence' of Tevez punching Barton is Barton saying he did and the FA won't take his word for it when he's looking down the barrel of a 10+ game ban.

When they charged Barton they will have looked at Tevez and decided nothing needed (and perhaps could) be done.

you have it the wrong way round....The Tevez punch is clearly caught by sky what they can't see is anything Barton does to Tevez.
Bartons appeal on 12:37 - May 17 with 1162 viewsdaveB

Bartons appeal on 10:50 - May 17 by Jamie

Terry will get 4 games. All outlined in the Suarez casework.

why did Suarez get 8 games then?
Bartons appeal on 12:41 - May 17 with 1147 viewsdaveB

Bartons appeal on 12:30 - May 17 by QPR1882

you have it the wrong way round....The Tevez punch is clearly caught by sky what they can't see is anything Barton does to Tevez.

The FA can do nothing about Tevez as it was seen by the lino and the decsion was red for Barton, if Barton hadn't reacted then Tevez would be facing a 3 match ban now.
Bartons appeal on 12:42 - May 17 with 1146 viewsJuzzie

Yes, Tevez's initial action looks more conclusive. Barton clearly does something back, which was wrong, but Tevez goes down like a sack of spuds.

Amazing that on a day where the whole world is watching a PL title decider and a million camera's around the ground, the only footage is a blurry, pixelated footage taken from distance.

Bartons appeal on 12:44 - May 17 with 1137 viewsQPunkR

It was definitely caught by Sky. That's how I managed to see it!

QPR - "shit but local"

Bartons appeal on 12:47 - May 17 with 1131 viewsQPR1882

Bartons appeal on 12:41 - May 17 by daveB

The FA can do nothing about Tevez as it was seen by the lino and the decsion was red for Barton, if Barton hadn't reacted then Tevez would be facing a 3 match ban now.

You are honestly saying the lino saw Tevez punch barton and saw nothing wrong ??

There is nothing in the officials report about :-

1) Tevez punching Barton
2) Balotelli running onto the pitch to get involved ( even though he was a SUB )
Bartons appeal on 12:50 - May 17 with 1120 viewsQPunkR

Yeah I thought that about that smug tw@t Balotelli at the time. He runs onto the pitch looking for a piece of the action, and yet I've read a couple of write-ups in the papers about Our Joey starting on him. Biased or what??

QPR - "shit but local"

Bartons appeal on 12:55 - May 17 with 1110 viewsadhoc_qpr

Bartons appeal on 12:47 - May 17 by QPR1882

You are honestly saying the lino saw Tevez punch barton and saw nothing wrong ??

There is nothing in the officials report about :-

1) Tevez punching Barton
2) Balotelli running onto the pitch to get involved ( even though he was a SUB )

Entering the field of play illegally must be an offense - but i would guess they could also apply that to all the coaches who spilled onto the pitch etc!

The FA are a law unto themselves and they clearly have no interest in upsetting the new prem champions by charging Tevez.

You can guarantee that if Barton had started it by punching Tevez ,who was then sent off for retaliating it would have been a very different situation!
Bartons appeal on 12:55 - May 17 with 1109 viewshoops_legend

Bartons appeal on 12:50 - May 17 by QPunkR

Yeah I thought that about that smug tw@t Balotelli at the time. He runs onto the pitch looking for a piece of the action, and yet I've read a couple of write-ups in the papers about Our Joey starting on him. Biased or what??

People jumping on the bandwagon of slaying 'Our Joey'

Happy for him to stay but not as a captain! If someone ran up to me and punched me while I was playing football and I got sent off I would probably lose our rag and I don't even have a temper... I know he gets paid loads but sorry he is a flawed individual and we know that.

He should get a 6 game ban and we all move on. People are overdoing the situation

Poll: Would you rather win league cup or survive?

Bartons appeal on 14:07 - May 17 with 1085 viewsJonDoeman

Bartons appeal on 12:55 - May 17 by hoops_legend

People jumping on the bandwagon of slaying 'Our Joey'

Happy for him to stay but not as a captain! If someone ran up to me and punched me while I was playing football and I got sent off I would probably lose our rag and I don't even have a temper... I know he gets paid loads but sorry he is a flawed individual and we know that.

He should get a 6 game ban and we all move on. People are overdoing the situation

I agree, even though I don't like him.
We should lay down the law on the little FcKer, but show him some loyalty & stand by him.

It Is What It Is !!

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024