Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Tuchel 14:27 - Oct 15 with 2042 viewsSaintNick

Seems that Thomas Tuchel is in talks with the FA for the England job, good or bad ?

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Tuchel on 14:55 - Oct 15 with 2007 viewskingslandstand1

But so is Pep apparently. Think I'd rather see Pep there as he is probably more tactically astute as well as recorded as saying he wants to manage a national side, though would he take a massive pay cut from his £20 mill a year!!
[Post edited 15 Oct 14:55]
Tuchel on 16:13 - Oct 15 with 1913 viewscocklebreath

Tuchel on 14:55 - Oct 15 by kingslandstand1

But so is Pep apparently. Think I'd rather see Pep there as he is probably more tactically astute as well as recorded as saying he wants to manage a national side, though would he take a massive pay cut from his £20 mill a year!!
[Post edited 15 Oct 14:55]

England could probably pay 20 mill a year for Pep

Poll: Who is the biggest c*nt?

Tuchel on 18:39 - Oct 15 with 1827 viewsgrumpy

Thomas Tuchel would be brilliant.
Tuchel on 19:19 - Oct 15 with 1788 viewsBazza

Tuchel on 18:39 - Oct 15 by grumpy

Thomas Tuchel would be brilliant.

Tuchel has the job!
Tuchel on 20:53 - Oct 15 with 1680 viewsgrumpy

Tuchel on 19:19 - Oct 15 by Bazza

Tuchel has the job!

Good.
Tuchel on 21:51 - Oct 15 with 1593 viewsgreen

A massive upgrade on Southgate but a part of me just doesn’t like the fact that he’s not English. Not being small minded or racist, it’s just how I think international football should be.
Tuchel on 22:07 - Oct 15 with 1572 viewsA1079

I have nothing against Tuchel personally, in fact, I quite like him. However, I think the manager of the national team along with the players should (on the whole) come from the country that you are representing (some exceptions would be small nations with small populations and/or limited options). It is a sad indictment that with the scale of football in this country, the number of clubs and the amount of money in our game we cannot find an English manager of quality to lead the national team.

There will be some irony if we earn out first trophy for a very long time under a German manager - it would be even more ironic if that is against his own country.

All that aside, the choice has now been made and I wish him well and I hope the players respond and he gets the support any England manager needs.
Tuchel on 22:14 - Oct 15 with 1549 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a big statement of intent.

I just hope he forgets his past association with Mason Mount.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Login to get fewer ads

Tuchel on 22:25 - Oct 15 with 1517 viewskingslandstand1

So does that leave Potter for us then?
Tuchel on 08:32 - Oct 16 with 1344 viewsmushinexile

I hope so Kingslandstand. I remember years ago hearing a supporter complain that we should not trust SGE because he wasn't English. He changed his tune after the Germany match.
Good Luck Thomas. You have your mission.
Tuchel on 10:39 - Oct 16 with 1243 viewsDorsetIan

A good appointment. At least it shows a bit of ambition from the FA for once.

Wonder how many decades before an English manager takes a German team to a major trophy !?

Poll: Should we try to replace Selles for the final seven games?

Tuchel on 11:03 - Oct 16 with 1229 viewsgrumpy

Lets be honest we are Anglo/Saxons.
Tuchel on 12:35 - Oct 16 with 1177 viewsSonicBoom

Every article on the daily mail website says its a disaster and he's German and shouldn't have the job. Obviously some directive from above to all their journos.
But amazingly the comments on each story are pretty much all positive which took me by surprise.
We broadly like foreigners in football here , like Klinsman, Zola, Bergkamp etc and even Jose.
If Tuchel wins games he'll be adopted!
Tuchel on 15:16 - Oct 16 with 1101 viewskingslandstand1

Tuchel on 12:35 - Oct 16 by SonicBoom

Every article on the daily mail website says its a disaster and he's German and shouldn't have the job. Obviously some directive from above to all their journos.
But amazingly the comments on each story are pretty much all positive which took me by surprise.
We broadly like foreigners in football here , like Klinsman, Zola, Bergkamp etc and even Jose.
If Tuchel wins games he'll be adopted!

I thought he came across quite well in the press conerence just given despite some stupid questions - "Will you sing the National Anthem" etc
Tuchel on 16:10 - Oct 16 with 1067 viewsronan006

Waste of money, there already is a Euro winning manager on the FA books why not promote Sarina Wiegman?

A fraction of Tuchels wages and would probably do just as good if not better. Football is football
Tuchel on 16:19 - Oct 16 with 1061 viewsIfonly

Tuchel on 16:10 - Oct 16 by ronan006

Waste of money, there already is a Euro winning manager on the FA books why not promote Sarina Wiegman?

A fraction of Tuchels wages and would probably do just as good if not better. Football is football

Men's and women's football are not the same. Just watch a few games on TV and you can see the difference. To take one example, men have much greater athleticism, so the kind of press that can be executed by men and women is different.

If a woman is going to be a success in the men's game, she needs to prove herself at club level first. I'm open to the idea that might happen one day but we're nowhere near that yet.
Tuchel on 16:29 - Oct 16 with 1047 viewsronan006

Tuchel on 16:19 - Oct 16 by Ifonly

Men's and women's football are not the same. Just watch a few games on TV and you can see the difference. To take one example, men have much greater athleticism, so the kind of press that can be executed by men and women is different.

If a woman is going to be a success in the men's game, she needs to prove herself at club level first. I'm open to the idea that might happen one day but we're nowhere near that yet.

Yes true.. but all these great managers get sacked in the end .. it's not like a game of human chess , managers influence is limited, lady luck is the biggest factor.

Would like to see a tournament with identical twins playing on different teams with managers taking it in turns to manage in a round robin competition... Then you'll find a good manager.
Tuchel on 16:30 - Oct 16 with 1045 viewsJoiedevivre

Tuchel on 15:16 - Oct 16 by kingslandstand1

I thought he came across quite well in the press conerence just given despite some stupid questions - "Will you sing the National Anthem" etc

The questions made the press conference almost unwatchable. I see Sky Sports pundits and the papers have had a full on meltdown over this great appointment of a winning manager. Gary Nev and co aren’t very happy as it wasn’t one of their mates.

Probably wanted Wazza or someone from Manchester United’s 1999 squad (will they ever stop going on about it?).
Tuchel on 16:37 - Oct 16 with 1036 views1885_SFC

The current top 6 managers in the PL standings are all foreigners.

Five of the current bottom 6 PL managers are all English.

Go figure.

Old School is Cool

Tuchel on 17:03 - Oct 16 with 1002 viewsgrumpy

Tuchel on 16:30 - Oct 16 by Joiedevivre

The questions made the press conference almost unwatchable. I see Sky Sports pundits and the papers have had a full on meltdown over this great appointment of a winning manager. Gary Nev and co aren’t very happy as it wasn’t one of their mates.

Probably wanted Wazza or someone from Manchester United’s 1999 squad (will they ever stop going on about it?).

Gary Neville!
He was assistant England Manager for 4 years 2012-16.
Valencia manager and was sacked.
Not sure I will take much notice of his views.
Tuchel on 20:54 - Oct 17 with 493 viewsSaintcole7

Our Russ and the CP manager aren't English?
Tuchel on 21:10 - Oct 17 with 488 viewsSaintcole7

Also, out of interest, it would be good to see how Pep and co did at a team like ours, without the money to buy sucesss, like the England job, we currently have some top players so is it really that difficult to pick a team that can win, you go with the players in form in their correct positions, basic 4-4-2 and 80 to 90% of games you should easily win (man on the street or Pep). Good substitutions when needed against the better opposition and given our good raft of players we should win. Just drop the rubbish of playing it out, best RB in some kind of hybrid midfield role, constantly playing a striker who's not fit/in form, I know it's easy from the side lines but Mr Pizza Advert mucked up, we had a golden chance but he kept to playing his buddies/the ones the press wanted in the team and was a headless chicken? Obviously my opinion but for £6m/year I'd put up with any press obuse and believe I could of done better with the players he had the choice of in the summer?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024