Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Charlie Austin Regrets Spat With Saints Fans 12:12 - Aug 2 with 546 viewsSaintNick

Speaking to the Echo he said

"Of course I regret it, it left a sour taste in the mouth," Austin told the Daily Echo. "I'd had a couple of beers. It was more tongue and cheek and then it got way out of hand.

"I enjoyed my time at Saints. They gave me the opportunity to play in the Premier League and the Europa League.

"We got to the League Cup final and lost to Manchester United but there is a black cloud because of a blip on my behalf.

"It kind of snowballed. I look back and think that shouldn't have happened. Of course, it shouldn't have.

"That's why I don't like the fact that when things get spoken about, that's what people mention. It's come from me by the way, I fully hold my hands up there.

"I've made a couple of mistakes in my career. I put in a transfer request when I was first at Swindon, had I been older I would have known it eventually happens.

"Then I had that and I think cor, could I have dealt with that better? 100 per cent."

Austin was eager to remain in the EFL but none of the offers he received piqued his interest enough to move away from his family.

"I had offers to play in the football league but things didn't fit the family. We still live in the same place as I did while I was playing for Saints.

"I moved to the other side of the world for six months. I came back and my kids are in school and settled. I didn't want to move up north for a year.

"I'm at a point in my career where I still want to play. I've still got a real love and hunger for football.

"It was something that arose. I'm really appreciative of everyone at Totton because they showed patience.

"I told them at the start that I wanted to play in the Football League. Nothing took my fancy. I didn't want to travel.

"I picked the conversation back up with James Beattie and the manager and here I am, I'm delighted to be here."

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024