Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
5 Things About The Kassam Stadium 12:12 - Aug 1 with 503 viewsSaintNick

1. It is an awful place to get to, few public transport links and surrounded by a business park and a council estate.

2, Parking was awful, they had two big car parks, both free of charge, but they were chaotic, it took over 30 mins from getting in the car to getting out the car park and that was just for a game with 5,000 in attendance, god knows how it copes with a 10k attendance.

3, The few from the away side was fine, but the concourse and toilets were a little cramped

4. The open end was surreal, there appeared to be a good view of the game from a little hill as some locals were on there.

5. Our support was good in numbers but as you would expect for a friendly it wasn't exactly Wembley standards in terms of noise

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

5 Things About The Kassam Stadium on 12:24 - Aug 1 with 463 viewsPatfromPoole

We left 5 minutes from the end, as I had read horror stories about getting out of that car park. Besides there wasn't much on the pitch to justify staying until the end....

I spent quite a bit of the game trying to visualise where Westwood's flatbed truck would have been at the open end when his team hilariously lost the play-off semi-final there during COVID.

I quite liked the bit at the back of the main stand where they have years denoting trophies won. I realise this is a bit of an open goal for the less welcome visitors to this site, so will just leave it there......

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024