Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? 15:50 - Oct 10 with 12243 viewsQPRConor2000

If this is true, then surely Ainsworth cannot stay in his job much longer.

Hes lost the fans and now it seems the players, I dont think its going to be long now, I wouldn't be shocked if we saw the club make a move this week to move him on.

It just cant go on...
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 17:42 - Oct 10 with 2748 viewsNed_Kennedys

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 16:05 - Oct 10 by Bluce_Ree

I've said it for a while now. If you've got a team of 20-something young modern men, then some pub rocker dressed in cowboy shit isn't going to get their respect. They'll think he looks like a f**king chief.

Now if you add to that his mediocre playing career you've got a recipe for total disrespect.

You can maybe get away with looking like you're in a wedding band or some shit if you've got a load of medals in your trophy cabinet.

Should they act this way? No, of course not. Is it a surprise? No, of course not.

Warnock will only work because he's a bit more proven in management AND won't take any of their shit.

So the players don’t like GA’s look and style and aren’t performing?
Let’s hope they aren’t offended by Warnock’s eyebrows and hairline if he comes.
Lucky that the players back in the day weren’t put off by Gerry Francis’ mullet.

Sounds like bullsh1t to me.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 17:54 - Oct 10 with 2690 viewsbosh67

I think that this is possibly the worst hand a manager has been dealt since I started supporting this club. Don't et me wrong, Ainsworth is not doing well and his flirting between 'we'll show everyone' and 'perhaps we're the least sh*t in the mini league of doom' are the ramblings of someone who's realising just what a shambles the place is. The players have excellent facilities and seem to be treated well, but I think they are fully aware that the situation is simply to try and stay up like it was in the end last year and that becomes very difficult to motivate. You can have flash buildings and suchlike but if the club is a toxic sh*theap then it's difficult to dress that up and get away with it. And it's increasingly obvious that the club is toxic day to day.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 17:57 - Oct 10 with 2683 viewsHunterhoop

IF true, big IF, anyone, and I mean ANYONE, reading this and defending the players is missing the point. Entirely.

No club where player power rules is successful. You will never have a successful team with that type of culture.

It doesn’t matter whether the manager dresses like a clown or asks you to go long. It really doesn’t. Whatever they ask, you buy in or you leave. You’re meant to be a professional footballer. You aren’t a manager or coach.

If the manager is a really nasty piece of work and offensive or abusive, that is a different story. But players don’t set the tactics and his dress sense or personal interests are irrelevant to the commitment they should have. It is down to the Board/DoF to judge the manager’s performance, not the players.

They did this with Critchley. We all know that. You cannot allow it to fester and gain momentum.

Hopefully this isn’t true. It would not surprise me. If it happened with one manager, it can happen again.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 18:02]
Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 18:01 - Oct 10 with 2656 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 16:32 - Oct 10 by LowerloftLad

The same player's that hadn't won In six when beale left.

The same players that turned on critchly.

The same players Down tools again.

The reality is there crap and it's everyone else's fault.

Not the same players, and all the ones everyone was complaining about have gone.
People go on and on about Beale's last 5, but we played well at Norwich and easily could have won that game. The Huddersfield game, despite Clive's fury, we absolutely battered them to oblivion, had 27 shots on goal, and on any other day would have won 5-1 playing like that. A lot of revisionist stuff going on about those 5 games.
Critchley turned on the players before they turned on him.
I haven't seen any downing tools. Even on Saturday. They just looked utterly bewildered about what on earth the plan was.

Bare bones.

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 18:02 - Oct 10 with 2656 viewsNorthernr

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 17:57 - Oct 10 by Hunterhoop

IF true, big IF, anyone, and I mean ANYONE, reading this and defending the players is missing the point. Entirely.

No club where player power rules is successful. You will never have a successful team with that type of culture.

It doesn’t matter whether the manager dresses like a clown or asks you to go long. It really doesn’t. Whatever they ask, you buy in or you leave. You’re meant to be a professional footballer. You aren’t a manager or coach.

If the manager is a really nasty piece of work and offensive or abusive, that is a different story. But players don’t set the tactics and his dress sense or personal interests are irrelevant to the commitment they should have. It is down to the Board/DoF to judge the manager’s performance, not the players.

They did this with Critchley. We all know that. You cannot allow it to fester and gain momentum.

Hopefully this isn’t true. It would not surprise me. If it happened with one manager, it can happen again.

You would hope it's not true given Ainsworth and Dobson have spent the last 3 three months telling us how different it all is now and how these wonderful senior players they chucked the last bit of our money at are leading a whole new cultural world down at Heston.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 18:19 - Oct 10 with 2562 viewsHunterhoop

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 18:02 - Oct 10 by Northernr

You would hope it's not true given Ainsworth and Dobson have spent the last 3 three months telling us how different it all is now and how these wonderful senior players they chucked the last bit of our money at are leading a whole new cultural world down at Heston.

You would.

However, thing through the dynamics here and a few chess moves ahead.

What happens if he says it’s as it is (well, as this rumour implies)? The players revolt, completely down tools and he gets the sack. The fans turn on the players, that creates more of a club divide. Players want out so become less available so as not to get injured. We get worse and worse.

It’s last season. We’ve been down that road. Critchley did it and we saw what happened.

Ainsworth isn’t a complete idiot regardless of what you think of his tactics or post match interviews. He knows, because there is very recent evidence, how it will play out if he publicly says it as it is.

Instead, he’s going hard down the other route (hopefully because it is true, although I imagine we all doubt that). It’s almost as if he’s trying to downplay the problems and ramp up the positives to a) give himself more time to solve it, b) try to influence behaviour across the squad, and c) try to keep the fans from coating off the players and worsening things. The problem is you can’t wish it into being as you’ve put well before, Clive. However, I’m not sure he has a choice from his personal perspective or ours.

These are really bad dynamics to get into. A toxic culture is so called because it is just that. It’s not easily solvable.

I think the only routes to success is to a) find a manager who can get a few wins, get enough of the dressing room onside who drag the others to Jesus, and jettison anyone who doesn’t commit (even if they disagree with the tactics, selections, dress sense, f*cking dressing room music, whatever). If that means selling or releasing assets for nothing, so be it. You have to show the wrong attitudes simply won’t be tolerated.

When you consider this, you can see why the club went down the Ainsworth route originally, but I fear three things:

1) They haven’t followed through with ditching assets who are part of the toxic culture, hamstringing Ainsworh
2) Ainsworth overestimate is ability to turn certain individual’s attitudes around
3) Ainsworth isn’t a good enough tactician and overall coach to get the wins he needs to get enough of the dressing room onside to turn the culture. I think he got ahead of himself and though he might have…prematurely.

Anyway, whether the manager to back to the hilt is Ainsworth is a different question. But the more you change the manager, the more you reinforce the toxic culture and worsen the problem.

If we twist now, the next manager has to backed regardless and we have to root out all bad attitudes regardless of finances. It’ll be worth it financially and on the pitch within a year or two.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 18:50 - Oct 10 with 2427 viewsHunterhoop

Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 18:01 - Oct 10 by Antti_Heinola

Not the same players, and all the ones everyone was complaining about have gone.
People go on and on about Beale's last 5, but we played well at Norwich and easily could have won that game. The Huddersfield game, despite Clive's fury, we absolutely battered them to oblivion, had 27 shots on goal, and on any other day would have won 5-1 playing like that. A lot of revisionist stuff going on about those 5 games.
Critchley turned on the players before they turned on him.
I haven't seen any downing tools. Even on Saturday. They just looked utterly bewildered about what on earth the plan was.

Disagree on all the problem attitudes having left. I don’t think that is true. And it’s entirely subjective too. What isn’t is that people were moaning about more players than the ones that left.

Nor is Critchley turning on the players first, correct. Look at the performances prior to those comments, not least the Fleetwood performance that day. Their own fans were commenting on how we weren’t trying in mbs afterwards.

If anyone is into revisionism to fit their narrative, it’s you.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 18:55 - Oct 10 with 2397 viewsted_hendrix

I'm not entirely convinced the players have been 100% behind GA since the first day GA walked into the dressing room.

There was a video early doors doing the rounds of a training session and for the life of me there was something that didn't look quite right, for a start the players looked miserable as sin.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Login to get fewer ads

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:04 - Oct 10 with 2355 viewsGloucs_R

Chair should stop moaning and start winning more headers.

Can't think of a single flick on he's contributed this season. Pathetic.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:06 - Oct 10 with 2338 viewsPindarus

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 18:55 - Oct 10 by ted_hendrix

I'm not entirely convinced the players have been 100% behind GA since the first day GA walked into the dressing room.

There was a video early doors doing the rounds of a training session and for the life of me there was something that didn't look quite right, for a start the players looked miserable as sin.

Just replay the Haka video and look at the players faces. Hardly inspired.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:28 - Oct 10 with 2235 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

but nevertheless sad if true.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:58 - Oct 10 with 2099 viewshighleverhoopL

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 16:59 - Oct 10 by daveB

the space we gave them was the same as Watford away, all about the set up, trying to play what I assume was a diamond midfield with 2 of that midfield looking unsure what to do without the ball.

They are not blameless of course but things like lack of competition goes back to the manager, he chose how to spend the budget was given free reign and was claiming we'd had a great window a fortnight ago despite as you say having nothing at all up front

Didn't he agree to sign a young striker from Peterborough, it was more or less a done deal until the rug was pulled from under him by the club. Tiny fee?
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:58 - Oct 10 with 2094 viewskensalriser

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 16:01 - Oct 10 by stainrods_elbow

PS Is Alex Carroll also a bit of a cu*t? Retweets 'Mass immigration has displaced my people from our native land.' Seriously?

Perhaps we can give the guy a contract and he can join the rest of the other vaginal entrances!

Well that's already two topics on which he should keep his dumb mouth shut, so it seems fair to assume he's a massive bellend.

Poll: QPR to finish 7th or Brentford to drop out of the top 6?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 20:29 - Oct 10 with 1959 viewsBurnleyhoop

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:04 - Oct 10 by Gloucs_R

Chair should stop moaning and start winning more headers.

Can't think of a single flick on he's contributed this season. Pathetic.

Is that comment for real, seriously!?

Maybe he should go in goal, that might help.

Some utter tosh being banded about on here tonight.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 20:50 - Oct 10 with 1866 viewsYugohoop

I'm noticing a trend where people tend to assert their opinions as undeniable facts to align with their current perspectives. In my personal view, unless someone is directly involved as a player, part of the coaching staff, or has regular direct contact with them:

1)It's challenging to have a clear understanding of what's happening in the dressing room.
2)Assessing a person's character or their thoughts and actions becomes speculative.
3)Contributing to discussions on this topic lacks substantial certainty, unless one is overly self-confident.

How can we truly gauge someone's character solely based on what we observe during a game or in an interview?

From my perspective, I find the results, playing style, and in-game management to be subpar. Based on these factors alone, I believe a change is necessary. Other considerations don't hold as much weight for me. If there is indeed a player uprising occurring, it reflects another managerial failure and reinforces the argument for a change.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 21:01]
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 21:05 - Oct 10 with 1787 viewsNorthernr

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:58 - Oct 10 by highleverhoopL

Didn't he agree to sign a young striker from Peterborough, it was more or less a done deal until the rug was pulled from under him by the club. Tiny fee?

Josh Knight. A CB.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 21:14 - Oct 10 with 1749 viewsHunterhoop

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 20:50 - Oct 10 by Yugohoop

I'm noticing a trend where people tend to assert their opinions as undeniable facts to align with their current perspectives. In my personal view, unless someone is directly involved as a player, part of the coaching staff, or has regular direct contact with them:

1)It's challenging to have a clear understanding of what's happening in the dressing room.
2)Assessing a person's character or their thoughts and actions becomes speculative.
3)Contributing to discussions on this topic lacks substantial certainty, unless one is overly self-confident.

How can we truly gauge someone's character solely based on what we observe during a game or in an interview?

From my perspective, I find the results, playing style, and in-game management to be subpar. Based on these factors alone, I believe a change is necessary. Other considerations don't hold as much weight for me. If there is indeed a player uprising occurring, it reflects another managerial failure and reinforces the argument for a change.
[Post edited 10 Oct 2023 21:01]

Oh come on, mate. That’s not fair or accurate.

I prefaced everything by a big “IF” on this rumour.

I have also said on here and told you directly that I also think we should replace him!

So what you’re saying in this first few paragraphs isn’t really fair or accurate, is it? What current perspective are you referencing and who’s character am I specifically speculating on?

All I’m saying is that IF this is true, it is a bigger problem than the manger. Player power is a problem. Christ, you have experienced this in the amateur world and asked my bloody advice on it.

I do have strong views on building teams. I’ve had to do a fair bit of it in the working world, have had training on it, and read some books on it. Doesn’t make me an expert or always right, but does enable me to have an opinion on the matter, which I can post. People don’t have to agree. But I’m certainly not saying as undeniably fact that there is a player power issue, just that IF there is it is problem, for a variety or reasons. And I’ve suggested how I think you can get out of it. You may not agree it is a problem. Thea’s fine. We can disagree.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 21:25 - Oct 10 with 1683 viewsYugohoop

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 21:14 - Oct 10 by Hunterhoop

Oh come on, mate. That’s not fair or accurate.

I prefaced everything by a big “IF” on this rumour.

I have also said on here and told you directly that I also think we should replace him!

So what you’re saying in this first few paragraphs isn’t really fair or accurate, is it? What current perspective are you referencing and who’s character am I specifically speculating on?

All I’m saying is that IF this is true, it is a bigger problem than the manger. Player power is a problem. Christ, you have experienced this in the amateur world and asked my bloody advice on it.

I do have strong views on building teams. I’ve had to do a fair bit of it in the working world, have had training on it, and read some books on it. Doesn’t make me an expert or always right, but does enable me to have an opinion on the matter, which I can post. People don’t have to agree. But I’m certainly not saying as undeniably fact that there is a player power issue, just that IF there is it is problem, for a variety or reasons. And I’ve suggested how I think you can get out of it. You may not agree it is a problem. Thea’s fine. We can disagree.

I apologise if it seemed like I was singling you out, that wasn't my intention. I was discussing the topic in a general sense and expressing my frustration with such posts in general. My main concern is that discussions like these tend to spiral out of control quickly when shared at a pub on a Saturday, and it can lead to someone getting unfairly targeted. Unfortunately, this has occurred in the past and may continue to do so. It's quite tiresome.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 21:55 - Oct 10 with 1564 viewsdigswellhoop

if the players dont like the manager get rid of players
we don't have a squad capable to survive in this league you can keep changing managers but if squad is poor no manager can turn it round
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 21:58 - Oct 10 with 1562 viewsGloucs_R

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 20:29 - Oct 10 by Burnleyhoop

Is that comment for real, seriously!?

Maybe he should go in goal, that might help.

Some utter tosh being banded about on here tonight.

Not bad shout to stick him in goal.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:20 - Oct 10 with 1458 viewsdaveB

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 19:58 - Oct 10 by highleverhoopL

That was a centre half from Peterbrough
Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 22:29 - Oct 10 with 1402 viewsdaveB

Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 18:50 - Oct 10 by Hunterhoop

Disagree on all the problem attitudes having left. I don’t think that is true. And it’s entirely subjective too. What isn’t is that people were moaning about more players than the ones that left.

Nor is Critchley turning on the players first, correct. Look at the performances prior to those comments, not least the Fleetwood performance that day. Their own fans were commenting on how we weren’t trying in mbs afterwards.

If anyone is into revisionism to fit their narrative, it’s you.

Have to say i think Antti is spot on about Beales last 5 games, results not great but apart from Coventry performances were not terrible, nothing like what has followed.

I think you can call players out in the press after a game, it's not that big a deal but it's how you deal with them in training that is the key and I'm not sure Critchley did enough to get players onside.

It's been a mad year really where we tried to play 4-4-2 under Critchley with Sam Field on the wing in some games then did the same under Ainsworth with similar results. It's only been the very few games where we went to a back 3 and tried to play some football that we've looked any good, but we've quickly tossed that in the bin

The players to me are doing exactly what they've been asked to do, there is no lack of effort they are either just not very good or not really suited to what's been asked of them.

I think a better manager gets this squad to safety with a bit too spare but I have no confidence in the club getting someone better when they do pull the trigger
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:35 - Oct 10 with 1389 viewshighleverhoopL

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:20 - Oct 10 by daveB

That was a centre half from Peterbrough

Ok thanks
Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 22:36 - Oct 10 with 1384 viewsNorthantsHoop

Have the players turned on Ainsworth? on 17:57 - Oct 10 by Hunterhoop

I have always had my doubts that the way Ainsworth looks fits with the expectation of modern professional footballers at the top level and wonder whether these players can actually take him seriously as a top level coach. Also his continual reference to the boys to me comes across as rather demeaning and is annoying in his pre and post match conferences. I think he should be referring to them as players not a bunch of school kids. It all seems very chaotic on and off the pitch.
Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 22:37 - Oct 10 with 1363 viewsAntti_Heinola

Have the players turned on Ainsworth on 22:29 - Oct 10 by daveB

Have to say i think Antti is spot on about Beales last 5 games, results not great but apart from Coventry performances were not terrible, nothing like what has followed.

I think you can call players out in the press after a game, it's not that big a deal but it's how you deal with them in training that is the key and I'm not sure Critchley did enough to get players onside.

It's been a mad year really where we tried to play 4-4-2 under Critchley with Sam Field on the wing in some games then did the same under Ainsworth with similar results. It's only been the very few games where we went to a back 3 and tried to play some football that we've looked any good, but we've quickly tossed that in the bin

The players to me are doing exactly what they've been asked to do, there is no lack of effort they are either just not very good or not really suited to what's been asked of them.

I think a better manager gets this squad to safety with a bit too spare but I have no confidence in the club getting someone better when they do pull the trigger

Exactly Dave.

Under Critchley, the players wom their first game. He then set them up in a ludicrously defensive way so that we blew a chance of points at an extremely poor Cardiff side. We got gubbed by Luton. We *almost* beat Sheff U but for a last kick equaliser. And then he hung them out to dry with his ridoculous 'i said to my assistant the worst thing that could happen here is if we score before half time' bullsh!t at Fleetwood, washing his hands of responsibility of how he has set them up and motivated them for the game. It was rank poor management, 4 games in. I'm not surprised the players weren't having him.

Bare bones.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024