Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Worzwells match thread 09:31 - Feb 1 with 23956 viewsactonman

Right , the more I think about it the more p!ssed off I am with Bristol city !
You would think there be some unwritten gentleman’s code about stealing a player from another club . Yes I know he wasn’t ours but ffs show a bit of class you carrot crunching pr!cks !

Anyway fcuk Bristol and fcuk burnley

2 - 2 with of course wells scoring at least 1

Worzwells match thread on 17:19 - Feb 1 with 2311 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worzwells match thread on 17:06 - Feb 1 by RANGERS4EVER

Not an angry post or a moan. Just a comment, we were four points off play offs, 14 off relegation, now 9 and 9, losing our top goalscorer and a CB. I'm just saying with some tough games we could easily start falling more into it.

Can't comment anything negative anymore

No, I agree to be fair.

I can't see it happening myself as we played well again today and I thought the spirit was very good.

But you're right. of course it could happen.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worzwells match thread on 17:24 - Feb 1 with 2287 viewssuperhoopdownunder

Worzwells match thread on 17:13 - Feb 1 by Match82

Pugh just seems like one of those players who has aged but hasn't adapted. He just seems half a yard too slow or fraction of a second too late on every occasion.

You can see the ability and the thinking is there, it's just like his body can't quite keep up

Happened to me in my early 30's too (he's 32)

He knows what to do - his body just can't do anymore
Worzwells match thread on 17:51 - Feb 1 with 2081 viewsBenny_the_Ball

Worzwells match thread on 17:02 - Feb 1 by RangersDave

i see the champions of Europe lost to Wigan today.
Silver lining and all that teehee

How is that a silver lining? Wigan are third from bottom; their win at Leeds has drawn QPR nearer the relegation trap door.
Worzwells match thread on 18:19 - Feb 1 with 1961 viewsMatch82

Worzwells match thread on 17:51 - Feb 1 by Benny_the_Ball

How is that a silver lining? Wigan are third from bottom; their win at Leeds has drawn QPR nearer the relegation trap door.

Drawn Leeds closer to the relegation trap door too.
Worzwells match thread on 18:55 - Feb 1 with 1844 viewstraininvain

Worzwells match thread on 17:51 - Feb 1 by Benny_the_Ball

Stop being so hysterical.
Worzwells match thread on 19:05 - Feb 1 with 1816 viewsnix

Worzwells match thread on 17:10 - Feb 1 by superhoopdownunder

Cheers Brian

Yes Clarke did well when he came on

BOS needs to be protected as he is getting fouled all the time with the ref giving nothing

I was very happy with our second half performance

We just need to be more "professional" like Bristol City
The Championship is mediocre this season - a lost opportunity perhaps?

To be honest I would rather we continue to throw the kitchen sink at the opposition much more exciting

Anyway well played Rangers

It was enjoyable to watch the second half

Just need the cutting edge - didn't we have one of those recently............

I agree with this. They were much cuter than us and bought several fouls that either weren’t fouls or were fouls on our players. A couple of times the referee gave us a rubbish advantage for a cynical foul that should have been a booking. Didn’t protect BoS at all. Allowed them to waste eons of time and even joined in by booking their manager and taking forever to decide to give them the ball when one of their players feigned a head injury when fouling Hughill.

Jordan was a warrior and ran his socks off, defending in the first half and attacking in the second and was really unlucky to have a header off the line.

Masterson looked classy. BOS kept going and did his best although marked by three players most of the time. Clarke looked good when he came on and I would have brought him or Shodipo on earlier instead of Pugh. It would have given us more penetration. Eze looked a bit tired and should have gone to the ball for the first goal but later on did some lovely free kicks and crosses that we were unlucky not to get something from.

Overall I enjoyed the match. We got some good atmosphere going at the end and we were a bit unlucky not to score.

Yes I get that we’re not safe yet but if we play like that against lesser sides and a better referee, we really should win.
Worzwells match thread on 19:13 - Feb 1 with 1773 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Worzwells match thread on 19:05 - Feb 1 by nix

I agree with this. They were much cuter than us and bought several fouls that either weren’t fouls or were fouls on our players. A couple of times the referee gave us a rubbish advantage for a cynical foul that should have been a booking. Didn’t protect BoS at all. Allowed them to waste eons of time and even joined in by booking their manager and taking forever to decide to give them the ball when one of their players feigned a head injury when fouling Hughill.

Jordan was a warrior and ran his socks off, defending in the first half and attacking in the second and was really unlucky to have a header off the line.

Masterson looked classy. BOS kept going and did his best although marked by three players most of the time. Clarke looked good when he came on and I would have brought him or Shodipo on earlier instead of Pugh. It would have given us more penetration. Eze looked a bit tired and should have gone to the ball for the first goal but later on did some lovely free kicks and crosses that we were unlucky not to get something from.

Overall I enjoyed the match. We got some good atmosphere going at the end and we were a bit unlucky not to score.

Yes I get that we’re not safe yet but if we play like that against lesser sides and a better referee, we really should win.

Agree with all that, Nix.

On the ref chat - how did he allow all of the City team to take a collective water break near their dug-out? Twice.

Edit - spell check.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 19:22]

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Worzwells match thread on 19:27 - Feb 1 with 1719 viewsVancouverHoop

Worzwells match thread on 19:13 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

On the ref chat - how did he allow all of the City team to take a collective water break near their dug-out? Twice.

Edit - spell check.

We had a power outage so I missed everything but the first half-hour. At that point I felt we were headed for a two three goal loss, so maintaining the 0-1 score seems a bit of a relief.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 19:28]
Login to get fewer ads

Worzwells match thread on 19:36 - Feb 1 with 1698 viewsnix

Worzwells match thread on 19:13 - Feb 1 by BrianMcCarthy

Edit - spell check.

No idea. They seemed to be able to do what they liked really. Waste time. Stand in front of the ball to stop us taking a free kick. They did at least two, maybe three, high kicks unpunished and then he penalised Eze for one. Do cynical fouls when we were breaking without any bookings.

But again we've got to complain a bit more from the outset. We're just too nice,
Worzwells match thread on 19:41 - Feb 1 with 1682 viewsStreathamRanger

Barker pushed Masterson in the back with two hands on the edge of six yard box in full view of the linesman and ref and they gave nothing. It's a free kick anywhere else on the pitch but apparently not in the box if you're wearing a Bristol City shirt. Infuriating!
Worzwells match thread on 19:46 - Feb 1 with 1665 viewsjohncharles

Warnock wouldn’t have stood for that

Strong and stable my arse.

Worzwells match thread on 20:16 - Feb 1 with 1579 viewsStreathamRanger

Just had a little look at a Bristol City forum. Many of them saying their goal scorer had his best game for them today. Scored a blinder and kept out a certain goal at the other end with a brilliant defensive header.

Wells might not find it easy to be first choice especially if he's going to miss headers from 5 yards out. A hell of a lot of money to spend when you've already go some decent forwards. I guess they've made a profit on player sales in the last couple of years though so can probably afford it.

Maybe QPR will be in the same boat in a year or two if we keep bringing young players through and invest any player sales profits wisely (not on near 30 year old forwards with limited sell on value.)
Worzwells match thread on 20:22 - Feb 1 with 1551 viewsBoston

When the red red robin goes bob bob bobbing along

Shoot the b@rstard shoot the b@rstard shoot shoot shoot

Little nostalgic ditty from the song book of the older fans on their travels many decades ago...and no, we didn't bovver wiv any of that grammar lark.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2020 20:23]

Poll: Thank God The Seaons Over.

Worzwells match thread on 17:17 - Feb 2 with 1166 viewsPinnerPaul

Worzwells match thread on 17:02 - Feb 1 by itsbiga

9 points from the drop doesnt feel good. We could be right in it by easter.

You're too late - its been done already
Worzwells match thread on 17:19 - Feb 2 with 1160 viewsPinnerPaul

Worzwells match thread on 17:02 - Feb 1 by BostonR

All so predictable-awful defending and then kitchen sink stuff. A lot of fans really hacked off today. I can see the crowd numbers really falling for the rest of the season. What’s the point?

Really?

No booing at the end and players that did come over were clapped.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024