Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Uses of Loftus Road 13:56 - Aug 14 with 8782 viewsflynnbo

What events have been held there apart from football? I can think of a friendly cricket game, rugby, boxing and a concert by Yes. Was hockey also played on the old omniturf?
Uses of Loftus Road on 14:10 - Aug 14 with 7004 viewsloftboy

They held the upper class twit of the year award every two weeks when Fulham were using it.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:10 - Aug 14 with 6975 viewsSomersetHoops

I tried quite hard to get to LR for the Yes concert, but without a car at the time I couldn't get anybody interested. But there is quite a bit of YouTube of it including this bit. They were pioneers of prog. rock I rated them then and still listen sometimes when in the mood for there stuff.

Who's Next?

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:24 - Aug 14 with 6895 viewsPommyhoop

They had Leprechaun dancing before the Mcguigan / Pedroza fight.

http://cdn.meme.am/instances/250x250/55039027.jpg
Poll: How much should we sell Eze for. What will we get.

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:25 - Aug 14 with 6885 viewshopphoops

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:10 - Aug 14 by SomersetHoops

I tried quite hard to get to LR for the Yes concert, but without a car at the time I couldn't get anybody interested. But there is quite a bit of YouTube of it including this bit. They were pioneers of prog. rock I rated them then and still listen sometimes when in the mood for there stuff.

Barry Mcguigan!

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:30 - Aug 14 with 6837 viewshopphoops

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:25 - Aug 14 by hopphoops

Barry Mcguigan!

the Atalanta gospel choir

A magnificent football club, the love of our lives, finding a way to finally have its day in the sun.
Poll: When will the next election date be announced?

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:33 - Aug 14 with 6825 viewsMrSheen

Luis Palau, an evangelical preacher, booked it for a few weeks in the Omniturf era. Did any of you heathens go?

http://www.stjames-hamptonhill.org.uk/Spire/1900s/1980/1984Jun.pdf

1984 according to Pages 3&4 of this excellent document.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 14:39]
Uses of Loftus Road on 14:34 - Aug 14 with 6813 viewsHayesender

My first ever visit to Loftus Rd was for its a knockout, around 1979 I think

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:36 - Aug 14 with 6800 viewsAntti_Heinola

Brilliant thing on the McGuigan fight on 5Live the other week - Mcguigan must have said 8 times he couldn't believe how loud it was 'at QPR'. What a night. I wasn't very old, but I remember the whole country going nuts.

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:40 - Aug 14 with 6776 viewswombat

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:36 - Aug 14 by Antti_Heinola

Brilliant thing on the McGuigan fight on 5Live the other week - Mcguigan must have said 8 times he couldn't believe how loud it was 'at QPR'. What a night. I wasn't very old, but I remember the whole country going nuts.

as was the ground , i was lucky enough to have a pass all barriers pass due to working for the club at the time easily few thousand more in there than the offical gate that night

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:42 - Aug 14 with 6768 viewsHayesender

I remember clearly people dancing, hugging and singing in Vespan Road that night.

I think everyone was Irish that night, including our Trinidadian neighbours

Poll: Shamima Beghum

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:51 - Aug 14 with 6737 viewsPommyhoop

''And a midget an Irish midget prances around the ring as McGuigan is announced.''

Commentary Gold from Harry Carpenter.

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:12 - Aug 14 with 6696 viewsRs_Holy

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:10 - Aug 14 by loftboy

They held the upper class twit of the year award every two weeks when Fulham were using it.

There was an episode of Porridge with Fletcher and Blanco convincing, soon to be released, Norris that there was buried treasure in the middle of Leeds United football pitch... When the floodlights are turned on the ground is actually Loftus Road, with a Leeds UTD sign on the south Africa Road Stand.
Also Match of the Day used it for the opening credits back in the 80's... Lots of people holding up cards to form pictures.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 18:05]
Uses of Loftus Road on 15:15 - Aug 14 with 6681 viewsflynnbo

Forgot the Sweeney and that programme about Roxy.
Uses of Loftus Road on 15:20 - Aug 14 with 6662 viewsstonebridgers

Billy Graham did his little evangelical tour at HQ.

Don't forget MOTD credits in the 70's with the school kids flipping over the cards

Stonebridgers

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:22 - Aug 14 with 6655 viewsPommyhoop

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:15 - Aug 14 by flynnbo

Forgot the Sweeney and that programme about Roxy.

Oh yeah .The one where Regan chases the little Dudley Moore look alike around the terraces.

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:32 - Aug 14 with 6631 viewsPhildo

I too was at the McGuigan fight- one of the nights of my life. My Dad had passed away not long before and was a big fan as he was from NI. Ended up in a lock in in the bushranger (whatever it was called then). And although not related an episode of The Sweeney was filmed in my parents then house in Hartswood road.
Uses of Loftus Road on 15:36 - Aug 14 with 6606 viewsQPR1882

Uses of Loftus Road on 14:40 - Aug 14 by wombat

as was the ground , i was lucky enough to have a pass all barriers pass due to working for the club at the time easily few thousand more in there than the offical gate that night

I was a steward at HQ for 4/5 years and my regular sat post was the upper loft. On the night of the fight all stewards were asked if they could bring along 2 friends to help on the night. On the night I was positioned in my usuall position in the upper loft while both of the people I brought along ended up ring side. Was funny as fck trying to tell hundreds of drunken Irishmem they could not take alcohol into the seats, yeah right.

Remember we all had to wear a t shirt with the boxers on.
Uses of Loftus Road on 15:42 - Aug 14 with 6594 viewsPommyhoop

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:32 - Aug 14 by Phildo

I too was at the McGuigan fight- one of the nights of my life. My Dad had passed away not long before and was a big fan as he was from NI. Ended up in a lock in in the bushranger (whatever it was called then). And although not related an episode of The Sweeney was filmed in my parents then house in Hartswood road.

Cool..Can you remember what episode?
They filmed an episode near my junior school in Hammersmith and I got John Thaw's autograph..

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:48 - Aug 14 with 6579 viewsNW10Hoop

I grew up just off the Askew Road, and was 7 at the time. My Dad loves his boxing, and being a paddy loved Barry McGuigan too. I remember watching the fight on TV with him and then running out to the front garden between rounds to hear the noise of the stadium and the glow of the floodlights on my dad's shoulders. I imagine the pubs in Shepherds Bush were absolutely buzzing that night too.
Uses of Loftus Road on 15:52 - Aug 14 with 6558 viewsQPunkR

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:12 - Aug 14 by Rs_Holy

There was an episode of Porridge with Fletcher and Blanco convincing, soon to be released, Norris that there was buried treasure in the middle of Leeds United football pitch... When the floodlights are turned on the ground is actually Loftus Road, with a Leeds UTD sign on the south Africa Road Stand.
Also Match of the Day used it for the opening credits back in the 80's... Lots of people holding up cards to form pictures.
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 18:05]

Just jogged my memory that one of the Walkers ads in the 90s was filmed there, the one where Lineker squeezed Gazza's fingers and the Geordie started bawling out tears. Can't even remember how I know that.

QPR - "shit but local"

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:52 - Aug 14 with 6559 viewsPhildo

Uses of Loftus Road on 15:42 - Aug 14 by Pommyhoop

Cool..Can you remember what episode?
They filmed an episode near my junior school in Hammersmith and I got John Thaw's autograph..

The one with the cat burglar - my house was the cat burglars wifes and My Raliegh chopper was in it! The money we got paid for my sisters wedding!

Quite a bit of Citizen Smith was filmed in Hartswood Road as well..
[Post edited 14 Aug 2015 15:54]
Uses of Loftus Road on 16:05 - Aug 14 with 6527 viewsHantsR

I remember Stan coming on at half-time to be filmed taking penalties for an episode of Renford's Rejects.
Uses of Loftus Road on 16:27 - Aug 14 with 6485 viewswombat

Uses of Loftus Road on 16:05 - Aug 14 by HantsR

I remember Stan coming on at half-time to be filmed taking penalties for an episode of Renford's Rejects.

its a knock out was on the pitch as well I seem to remember with stuart hall and the other bloke present.

Uses of Loftus Road on 16:35 - Aug 14 with 6462 viewsheadhoops

3rd March 1986 the ground was used as a sacrificial burial ground.

We crucified the scum 6-0

Poll: Remy - can he play in the playoffs - who's opening post is the best?

Uses of Loftus Road on 16:45 - Aug 14 with 6444 viewswombat

Uses of Loftus Road on 16:35 - Aug 14 by headhoops

3rd March 1986 the ground was used as a sacrificial burial ground.

We crucified the scum 6-0

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024