Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window Rating 16:34 - Jan 31 with 3446 views08olesen

What would you give us out of 10

I personally would go with a 4/10 because we have added solid players in Hughes and doyle but not league winners IMO.

the loss of Diakite and the acquisition of an unproven Brazilian player who harry has never seen, shouts out desperation.

Its important to stay positive but i don't think we can now compete with Ings and Vokes in terms of goal scoring and our defence is going to have to keep clean sheets if we are to get out of this league.

I may be criticised for being negative, but its just a bit underwhelming considering at one point we had Ntep and Belfodil on the way. Phillips, Nico and Hoilett are going to have to up their game i think.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Transfer Window Rating on 09:07 - Feb 1 with 811 viewsrosseeles

I have to say I'm more positive than 24 hours ago, Doyle is a very good signing IMHO , Hughes is ok if unspectacular, I'll not comment on Keene or the Brazilian as haven't seen either.

Up to 9.30 a solid 7/10

However as Clive said why can't they stop there, mainga is pretty poor from what I've seen and don't get what he adds, smacks of a massive panic signing, but at least we can't complain we don't have enough numbers up front now
Transfer Window Rating on 09:08 - Feb 1 with 811 viewsRanger78

5 out of Principal.

Doyle and Hughes are sensible additions in the circumstances but I'm getting sick of our thirst for constant signings.

A Brazilian who the manager has never seen, West Hams worst player, a youngster from Utd ????

Why can't we be normal, try giving the youngsters we already have a bit of coaching and experience ??? What's wrong with Hithcock or Harriman.... surely they deserve a chance. Surely it's better for the club to improve our youngsters rather than increase our wage bill with somebody else's youngsters???
Transfer Window Rating on 09:29 - Feb 1 with 791 views08olesen

Transfer Window Rating on 09:08 - Feb 1 by Ranger78

5 out of Principal.

Doyle and Hughes are sensible additions in the circumstances but I'm getting sick of our thirst for constant signings.

A Brazilian who the manager has never seen, West Hams worst player, a youngster from Utd ????

Why can't we be normal, try giving the youngsters we already have a bit of coaching and experience ??? What's wrong with Hithcock or Harriman.... surely they deserve a chance. Surely it's better for the club to improve our youngsters rather than increase our wage bill with somebody else's youngsters???

I think saying he is the worst West Spam player is a bit far. Many saw him as there best striker while carol was out.

He is the one i am ok with because he will offer some pace to our team. The league is incredible slow and open, and if we can't get phillips and him running at defences, we should do well. its the signing of the man ute fella i dont get. Yes he is young, but he is not proven and now is not the time to try it.

We should focus on getting Johnson Doyle Maiga and even BZ fit and scoring. I think it is clear that this league is a huge step down from the perm and we need to start winning convincingly rather than relying on austin.

Transfer Window Rating on 09:38 - Feb 1 with 779 viewsRanger78

Transfer Window Rating on 09:29 - Feb 1 by 08olesen

I think saying he is the worst West Spam player is a bit far. Many saw him as there best striker while carol was out.

He is the one i am ok with because he will offer some pace to our team. The league is incredible slow and open, and if we can't get phillips and him running at defences, we should do well. its the signing of the man ute fella i dont get. Yes he is young, but he is not proven and now is not the time to try it.

We should focus on getting Johnson Doyle Maiga and even BZ fit and scoring. I think it is clear that this league is a huge step down from the perm and we need to start winning convincingly rather than relying on austin.

I'll give you that. I've just watched one of the goals he scored this season and it was incredible

Like I said, I'm more frustrated with the principal. I'm just getting sick of our constant thirst for new signings.

I'm a bit of romantic and I realise there is no place for that in modern football but I'd just live to see us work with, use our own youngsters.

Our squad is full of other teams players or overpaid players who don't care or ever may. Wouldn't it be nice to see Hitchcock, Harriman and Ehmer ready to fill done of theses gaps??
Transfer Window Rating on 09:44 - Feb 1 with 770 viewsDiscodroid

Obviously very happy with kevin doyle as i havnt stopped banging on about him since last year so for me 10/10

francis della tour was a TF signing, picking through the bones of harrys interview ,re this signing he more or less put this one at the door of the chairman.

he's body language suggested he wasnt too happy. 2/10

keane , must have talent and will be eager to impress , he came across well in his interview ie no "at the end of the day" soundbites 7/10

the west ham fella , im cautiously optimistic, he cost 4.7 million not so long ago and needs a re boot at a new club 7/10

aaron hughes , well , they just keep coming from the river dwellers dont they, aged, past it .
zamora.johnson and now our new stephen hawking at right back or center half. 1/10

i think we have a serious problem on our hands with swp and ceasar no one seems to want them and they seem impervious to any wounded professional pride , by not playing in their chosen profession.

not a fan of the grey sterile limited o'niel/henry/jeanas, but i suppose we will need them to make up the numbers.

i know injuries have played a part, but we have ended up with 7 loanees in the squad and possibly in the match day 22.

i think that does suggest harry and his team have made mistakes with a number of their permanent signings.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 9:52]

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Transfer Window Rating on 09:49 - Feb 1 with 759 viewsTrom

Transfer Window Rating on 09:38 - Feb 1 by Ranger78

I'll give you that. I've just watched one of the goals he scored this season and it was incredible

Like I said, I'm more frustrated with the principal. I'm just getting sick of our constant thirst for new signings.

I'm a bit of romantic and I realise there is no place for that in modern football but I'd just live to see us work with, use our own youngsters.

Our squad is full of other teams players or overpaid players who don't care or ever may. Wouldn't it be nice to see Hitchcock, Harriman and Ehmer ready to fill done of theses gaps??

They're al loans so just cost us 3 months of wages so I can' t see the issue.
[Post edited 1 Feb 2014 9:49]
Transfer Window Rating on 10:07 - Feb 1 with 736 viewsPilky

A solid 7 out of 10.

I liked that we went with loans instead of caving in to the supporters that get their knickers in a twist as soon theres a bump in the road. "Give us Rhodes, NOW!!! Spend the 10 million Tony!". How about we don't. Some of you are spoilt rotten it seems.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/championship-tables/five-year-league-championshi

Most clubs dont have a pot to piss in. Be grateful you fecking bastards.
Transfer Window Rating on 10:24 - Feb 1 with 720 viewsDiscodroid

Transfer Window Rating on 10:07 - Feb 1 by Pilky

A solid 7 out of 10.

I liked that we went with loans instead of caving in to the supporters that get their knickers in a twist as soon theres a bump in the road. "Give us Rhodes, NOW!!! Spend the 10 million Tony!". How about we don't. Some of you are spoilt rotten it seems.

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/championship-tables/five-year-league-championshi

i for one thought rhodes/crouch(thank god) was never a viable option.

did get a bit caught in the moment when we were linked wth ross mcormack though.for shame.

" I guess in four or five years, the new generation's music will be .. electronics, tapes. I can kind of envision .. maybe one person .. with a lot of machines, tapes, and electronics setups, singin or speaking .. and using machines " James Douglas Morrison | 1969

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window Rating on 10:39 - Feb 1 with 704 viewsSpiritofGregory

A solid 7 out of 10.

No one was expecting the board to spend millions.

In relation to actual signings, how many times did countless people on here tell the board to sign Wells, he only cost £1.3m. He has scored 2 in 3 games. How much are the wages of those loan signings costing us?
Transfer Window Rating on 10:47 - Feb 1 with 699 views08olesen

Transfer Window Rating on 10:39 - Feb 1 by SpiritofGregory

No one was expecting the board to spend millions.

In relation to actual signings, how many times did countless people on here tell the board to sign Wells, he only cost £1.3m. He has scored 2 in 3 games. How much are the wages of those loan signings costing us?

+1

I think the reason why a lot of people are disappointed is purely because of the signings harry seemed to have lined up.

Ntep was linked with lots of top clubs and looked like just what we need at this point, and 4 million for a 21 year old striker is not bad when lee cattermole is getting shafted around for 5mill.

Its the fact that as per usual, we have ended up with a house hold name with a low recent scoring record, on presumably big wages in the shape of Doyle.

Transfer Window Rating on 11:51 - Feb 1 with 656 viewsDiscodroid

Transfer Window Rating on 10:47 - Feb 1 by 08olesen

+1

I think the reason why a lot of people are disappointed is purely because of the signings harry seemed to have lined up.

Ntep was linked with lots of top clubs and looked like just what we need at this point, and 4 million for a 21 year old striker is not bad when lee cattermole is getting shafted around for 5mill.

Its the fact that as per usual, we have ended up with a house hold name with a low recent scoring record, on presumably big wages in the shape of Doyle.

Lets see how doyle gets on today.if harry plays him

Transfer Window Rating on 13:01 - Feb 2 with 621 viewsLoft1979

A solid 7 out of 10.

+1
Excellent!

One Segway: is Harry done? Austin and now Matty are out long term. Could he still sign a Free agent?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024