Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer Window Rating 16:34 - Jan 31 with 3447 views08olesen

What would you give us out of 10

I personally would go with a 4/10 because we have added solid players in Hughes and doyle but not league winners IMO.

the loss of Diakite and the acquisition of an unproven Brazilian player who harry has never seen, shouts out desperation.

Its important to stay positive but i don't think we can now compete with Ings and Vokes in terms of goal scoring and our defence is going to have to keep clean sheets if we are to get out of this league.

I may be criticised for being negative, but its just a bit underwhelming considering at one point we had Ntep and Belfodil on the way. Phillips, Nico and Hoilett are going to have to up their game i think.

Poll: Who will the other play off

Transfer Window Rating on 16:36 - Jan 31 with 2611 viewsfakekerby

It's only 4:30pm, so i'll give this post a 1/10 for being irrelevant.
Transfer Window Rating on 16:39 - Jan 31 with 2594 views08olesen

Transfer Window Rating on 16:36 - Jan 31 by fakekerby

It's only 4:30pm, so i'll give this post a 1/10 for being irrelevant.

Harry just did his interview said he doubt there will be any more a part from Keane, so i think it has total relevance seeing as it is the end of the window today

Transfer Window Rating on 17:56 - Jan 31 with 2547 viewsNov77

Not done yet?

Tweet from TF just now.....

Stay positive. There is enough in the squad and a few more hours if something makes sense.

Poll: December goal of the month - vote for your favourite R's goal during December

Transfer Window Rating on 18:06 - Jan 31 with 2524 viewsdanehoop

Not sure Id mark it that low at the end of the window if that's all we have. Unlike previous years we have refused to be stiffed by players contracts we cant afford. We have avoided taking players on expensive long term contracts that we then couldn't get out of. We have moved out players who weren't getting game time and unlikely to do so on loan.

We haven't bought a long term replacement or accomplice for Charlie, which is a real shame, but you can understand the problem of finding players that are of a price and genuinely better than what we already have.

We bought in cover at the back, and so far have retained the services of one of the best left back to grace Loftus Road since Clive Wilson.

Mixed at the moment for me that we haven't splashed much cash, but seem to have bought in some solid experienced players who will help.

Interesting that Harry has seemingly been denied a blank cheque book to this point as well. If Charlie hadnt have got injured that would encourage me, but now a question of whether TF wants to go for it in the next few hours with a Rhodes or Steve May signing.

Never knowingly understood

Transfer Window Rating on 18:12 - Jan 31 with 2511 viewswombat

Transfer Window Rating on 18:06 - Jan 31 by danehoop

Not sure Id mark it that low at the end of the window if that's all we have. Unlike previous years we have refused to be stiffed by players contracts we cant afford. We have avoided taking players on expensive long term contracts that we then couldn't get out of. We have moved out players who weren't getting game time and unlikely to do so on loan.

We haven't bought a long term replacement or accomplice for Charlie, which is a real shame, but you can understand the problem of finding players that are of a price and genuinely better than what we already have.

We bought in cover at the back, and so far have retained the services of one of the best left back to grace Loftus Road since Clive Wilson.

Mixed at the moment for me that we haven't splashed much cash, but seem to have bought in some solid experienced players who will help.

Interesting that Harry has seemingly been denied a blank cheque book to this point as well. If Charlie hadnt have got injured that would encourage me, but now a question of whether TF wants to go for it in the next few hours with a Rhodes or Steve May signing.

I'd give today a 2 totally underwhelmed with the players bought in , doubt we will see the Brazilian on the pitch and do wonder if TF has had enough with Harry which is why the cheque book has been so far kept firmly shut and Harry will be offski by next season

Does seem weird that we lose pretty much our only goal threat and replace him with Kevin Doyle an young Man U player and a unknown Brazilian dosnt smack of ambition of planning for the future

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Transfer Window Rating on 18:17 - Jan 31 with 2498 viewskingsburyR

I have a score on Niko first goal scorer and a 2-1 win for us tomorrow.

That's positive!

Dont know why we bother. .... but we do!

Transfer Window Rating on 18:32 - Jan 31 with 2465 viewsqueensparker

Well, in the last two January transfer windows, we've bought a shedload of players each time, a few of them internationals and household names, paid out a load of cash, and look how they turned out.

I reckon if you'd done this poll after both of those, everyone would have been ecstatic.

On the other hand, the most successful transfer periods of recent times have been the Warnock "Derry/Hill/Mackie" summer and the Harry "Dunne/Simpson/Austin" summer. Both of which were greeted with "what a load of past-it donkeys etc etc".

Who knows what will happen?
Transfer Window Rating on 18:38 - Jan 31 with 2432 viewsLblock

The loan window opens in a couple of days

TF is only interested in loans with view to perm!!!
Chill

Charlie's injury has got us all down so unless we sign Messi we'll all be hang dog

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Login to get fewer ads

Transfer Window Rating on 20:41 - Jan 31 with 2363 viewsSamegmol

Transfer Window Rating on 18:12 - Jan 31 by wombat

I'd give today a 2 totally underwhelmed with the players bought in , doubt we will see the Brazilian on the pitch and do wonder if TF has had enough with Harry which is why the cheque book has been so far kept firmly shut and Harry will be offski by next season

Does seem weird that we lose pretty much our only goal threat and replace him with Kevin Doyle an young Man U player and a unknown Brazilian dosnt smack of ambition of planning for the future

Why would TF have had enough of Harry?
Transfer Window Rating on 22:55 - Jan 31 with 2262 viewsjohnhoop

Transfer Window Rating on 18:12 - Jan 31 by wombat

I think the late addition of Maiga makes your rating of a 2 seem a bit on the generous side Wombat.
Transfer Window Rating on 23:01 - Jan 31 with 2242 views08olesen

Seems like madness

we now have
BZ
AJ
Brazillian fella
Keane
MM
CA
KD

I will be intrigued to see how harry blends them all in

Transfer Window Rating on 23:08 - Jan 31 with 2216 viewsJuzzie

10 years ago we could only dream of signing some of these players.
Transfer Window Rating on 23:12 - Jan 31 with 2186 viewsSpiritofGregory

0/10
Transfer Window Rating on 23:14 - Jan 31 with 2183 viewshoopstilidie

Happy New Team! The transfer window is closed! Let's all join hands and sing:
"Should Odemwingie be forgot
And never brought to mind…"

Ringo Starr ate my hamper.
Poll: Yes or no?

Transfer Window Rating on 23:16 - Jan 31 with 2172 viewsNorthernr

to 10pm tonight I'd have given us 9/10. Keane, Doyle and Hughes very shrewd, sensible pick ups given the injuries we have.

But they can't help themselves can they? Another signing for the sake of making a signing right at the death, for want of something better to do with their time.
Transfer Window Rating on 23:17 - Jan 31 with 2164 viewsjohnhoop

That is certainly true but in the position in which we find ourselves, suddenly without the source of nearly all our goals and badly needing to do something about it, not one of the people we've got coming in looks anything near to a solution.
Doyle is the best hope I grant you and 5 years ago I'd have said it was a great signing.
But if he's only scored 3 in league one all season and is now being kept out of the team by Leon Clarke (remember him anyone?),then it's hard to believe he's the player he once was.
Transfer Window Rating on 23:17 - Jan 31 with 2164 viewsdaveB

6/10

Personally i'd have gone for quality over quantity but thats not the qpr way, we've got some decent players in and a few unknowns, hopefully it works out well.
Transfer Window Rating on 23:20 - Jan 31 with 2143 viewsShotKneesHoop

Unless wasters, posers, tossers etc - like Granero, Park, SW phoooking P, Cesar, Zamora and the others are off the books, it's a disaster.

The transfer window in reality is : - not what you can buy, it's what you can panic people into buying.

Until we unload that lot, we are carrying serious baggage.

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Transfer Window Rating on 23:21 - Jan 31 with 2128 viewsShotKneesHoop

Transfer Window Rating on 23:16 - Jan 31 by Northernr

to 10pm tonight I'd have given us 9/10. Keane, Doyle and Hughes very shrewd, sensible pick ups given the injuries we have.

But they can't help themselves can they? Another signing for the sake of making a signing right at the death, for want of something better to do with their time.

How true.

It's an agents spunk fest!

Why does it feel like R'SWiPe is still on the books? Yer Couldn't Make It Up.Well Done Me!

Transfer Window Rating on 23:26 - Jan 31 with 2105 viewsBasingstokeR

I stopped watching SkySportsNews to watch a film until the last 15mins of the window, and face palmed when I heard Maia. Hope he does well if he gets on the pitch for us!
Transfer Window Rating on 08:47 - Feb 1 with 2050 viewsMedwayR

4/10

At the start of the window I'd have liked a decent striker to support/cover Austin, another striker to cover for Zamora/Johnson injuries and for Cesar to leave. Once Simpson got injured we also needed cover for him.

The signings we've made are ok but certainly not likely to adequately replace Austin or Simpson. Cesar is still here. I'm not sure we're actually much better off than we were at the start of the window.

The biggest problem I've got is our apparent lack of strategy. We've had all season to get transfers lined up for Jan, we've had all of Jan to get transfers completed, but yet again we leave it until the last day. I know we're not the only club that does this but surely we could have signed some if not all of our signings earlier in the window. Instead we were busy chasing after unrealistic foreign signings with fancy sounding names.

We also have gone for short term options again, we have a major squad rebuild coming up in the summer, if we could have signed 3 or 4 players this window that would be options for the medium to long term it would have reduced the turnover of players in the summer. Instead we'll have at least 12 out of contract in the summer with the majority of them leaving, plus 7 loanees who'll most likely all be leaving. Which brings me onto another point, 7 loanees when only 5 can be named in a matchday squad, that's daft & reminds me of the situation Warnock inherited when he arrived.

Poll: Who’s better?

Transfer Window Rating on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 2042 viewsLoft1979

Transfer Window Rating on 23:08 - Jan 31 by Juzzie

10 years ago we could only dream of signing some of these players.

How about 2 years ago......
Transfer Window Rating on 08:51 - Feb 1 with 2042 viewssexton

My whelm is a little bit undered, but let's see.
Transfer Window Rating on 08:53 - Feb 1 with 2039 viewsVish

4/10

Too many signings when they weren't needed IMO. By too many I mean Maia and Keane. Knowing us we will play too many loanees in a game and get a points deduction. 'We don't know what we're doing'.....
Transfer Window Rating on 09:01 - Feb 1 with 2032 viewsessextaxiboy

9 /10 We have got cover for Simpson and a young defender for the future plus Ehmer recalled. Joey didnt "walk out" and the rest of the midfield is fine . We have Zamora Maiga , Johnson , Keane, Doyle , Delatorre(sp) none of the signings have cost a fee so we can take or leave them in The summer depending how they have gone and what div we are in . Will all the strikers misfire ...I dont think so .....Champions ...Imo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024