Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Big Week 12:48 - Oct 15 with 2709 viewsSaintNick

Big big game on Saturday, how is everyone feeling, optimistic or pessemistic

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Big Week on 13:06 - Oct 15 with 2690 views1885_SFC

To be fair Nick, I can only see a draw... 1-1 probably.

I have very little faith in Russell Martin's Saints these days. Either way, even if we're winning, he'll make the wrong subs on the hour mark that will cost us dearly. Yet again, he'll chop and change the whole team meaning no continuity.

Old School is Cool

Big Week on 13:09 - Oct 15 with 2670 viewsfranniesTache

Leicester beat us comfortably in both games last season, they've obviously started badly and don't have that confidence but i can't really see us getting anything more than a draw, and have a feeling it'll be a 2-1 or 3-1 loss.

The current pissing around at the back style is utterly suicidal and it's going to damage the confidence of the team.

A couple of early mistakes and heads will drop, and if i was the Leicester manager i'd be telling their attack to bully our defence early and force that.
Big Week on 14:36 - Oct 15 with 2589 viewsIfonly

I'm feeling optimistic that he could be sacked within a week.
Big Week on 18:24 - Oct 15 with 2447 viewsgrumpy

I thought we were saying this before the Bournemouth game.
Big Week on 19:18 - Oct 15 with 2384 viewsMytchettSaint

I don’t know if a draw counts as optimistic or pessimistic but that’s what I think will happen.

Forza Rossobianco

Big Week on 20:26 - Oct 15 with 2325 viewskernow

À draw is not good enough but my opinion doesn’t matter apparently.
Big Week on 22:19 - Oct 15 with 2225 viewsPatfromPoole

It’s a big game.

We need to win.

Who knows how big a confidence boost a win could be?

A win and keeping a clean sheet would be glorious.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Big Week on 22:32 - Oct 15 with 2219 viewsdirk_doone

Cautiously pessimistic.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Login to get fewer ads

Big Week on 06:11 - Oct 16 with 2096 viewssaintwizzler

Are Sulemana and Stephens available?

We thought that we had the answers, It was the questions we had wrong.
Poll: Knowing what we know now, should we have sacked Hasenhüttl?

Big Week on 08:17 - Oct 16 with 2018 viewsHeisenberg

2.00 - Teams will come out

2.03 - 22 will post slamming Wussells team selection

5.00 - Saints will scrape a draw or lose

Cue Martin out posts

“Life has become immeasurably better since I have been forced to stop taking it seriously'
Poll: Who should get a statue outside the old girl ?

Big Week on 08:21 - Oct 16 with 2017 viewsmushinexile

Optimistic that we will only lose by 2 goals. Usual BS from the manager (we had channces, and 70% possession, just need the opposition to stop scoring goals etc.) and a stay of execution from the board until the next game, or the one after that or...
Big Week on 12:21 - Oct 16 with 1873 viewskingolaf

Pessimistic. We won’t win a single league game with Martin in charge.

Club are stupid for giving him this game.

Going to be more of the same Nick.
Big Week on 12:40 - Oct 16 with 1826 viewsSonicBoom

Leicester at home is a must win. We've already dropped too many points against teams we needed to beat.
I'm giving us 10 games to see where we are before we need to make a decision.
I dont like the style of play at all but maybe the team simply isn't good enough regardless of who is the manager. But I think if currentform continues we will need to see if a different manager and playing style can get us some points.
Right now we can't score, and we're easy to score against which will only mean one thing. Relegation.
Big Week on 13:22 - Oct 16 with 1748 viewsTripleNiemi

Big Week on 08:17 - Oct 16 by Heisenberg

2.00 - Teams will come out

2.03 - 22 will post slamming Wussells team selection

5.00 - Saints will scrape a draw or lose

Cue Martin out posts

02:59 - The ‘Wall’ start belting out OWTS

03:02 - few ditties about Pompey getting battered

03:10 - deathly silence as we dither at the back and concede an early goal

Gain 68% possession but sadly lose 1:2
[Post edited 16 Oct 13:25]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Big Week on 13:32 - Oct 16 with 1705 viewssaintwizzler

Big Week on 12:40 - Oct 16 by SonicBoom

Leicester at home is a must win. We've already dropped too many points against teams we needed to beat.
I'm giving us 10 games to see where we are before we need to make a decision.
I dont like the style of play at all but maybe the team simply isn't good enough regardless of who is the manager. But I think if currentform continues we will need to see if a different manager and playing style can get us some points.
Right now we can't score, and we're easy to score against which will only mean one thing. Relegation.

After the Wolves game is 11 league games played.
That’s enough time given to any manager to turn things around.

7 points minimum from Leicester, Everton and Wolves games or its thanks but goodbye Russell.

Big Week on 14:11 - Oct 16 with 1672 viewsGRIM

Big Week on 06:11 - Oct 16 by saintwizzler

Are Sulemana and Stephens available?

Im concerned that if Stephen's is available after his suspension then we can expect him to come straight back at ctr back in place of Janny B.
RM will use the excuse that Janny B will need a rest after his International exertions.
I hope I'm wrong.
Big Week on 15:18 - Oct 16 with 1629 viewskingslandstand1

Big Week on 08:21 - Oct 16 by mushinexile

Optimistic that we will only lose by 2 goals. Usual BS from the manager (we had channces, and 70% possession, just need the opposition to stop scoring goals etc.) and a stay of execution from the board until the next game, or the one after that or...

He was probably working on that way of stopping goals while he gave the players 4 days off
Big Week on 10:42 - Oct 17 with 1276 viewsdirk_doone

Big Week on 14:11 - Oct 16 by GRIM

Im concerned that if Stephen's is available after his suspension then we can expect him to come straight back at ctr back in place of Janny B.
RM will use the excuse that Janny B will need a rest after his International exertions.
I hope I'm wrong.

Bednarek was a disaster for Poland. They conceded 6 goals in their 2 games, including a Bednarek own goal, and he got their lowest player rating of 3/10. It just goes to show how low our standards are that he is considered better than the alternative.

https://saintsmarching.com/southampton-player-heavily-criticised-after-making-er
[Post edited 17 Oct 10:43]

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Big Week on 10:57 - Oct 17 with 1245 viewssaintwizzler

Big Week on 10:42 - Oct 17 by dirk_doone

Bednarek was a disaster for Poland. They conceded 6 goals in their 2 games, including a Bednarek own goal, and he got their lowest player rating of 3/10. It just goes to show how low our standards are that he is considered better than the alternative.

https://saintsmarching.com/southampton-player-heavily-criticised-after-making-er

Bednarek wouldn’t get in an other PL side.
Championship standard.

Big Week on 12:46 - Oct 17 with 1164 views1ASIN12

Bednarek must be our top “own” goal scorer . I can’t remember any other Saints player scoring as many own goals as he seems to.

How many of our squad would get into another premier league team - probably 3 at most and one of them is a youngster .
Big Week on 12:59 - Oct 17 with 1146 viewsPatfromPoole

Big Week on 12:46 - Oct 17 by 1ASIN12

Bednarek must be our top “own” goal scorer . I can’t remember any other Saints player scoring as many own goals as he seems to.

How many of our squad would get into another premier league team - probably 3 at most and one of them is a youngster .

Wesley Own Goal Hoedt, to give him his full name, was fairly prolific, I seem to recall.

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Big Week on 13:46 - Oct 17 with 1073 viewsfelly1

3.00 PM, game kicks off

5.00 PM , Smiling faces , cheers and applause as Saints smash the Foxes 3-0.

In dire times let's have a bit of optimism.
Big Week on 18:56 - Oct 17 with 897 viewsBerber

Anything less than a win will be a dire result. Right now, I’d take a scrappy 1-0. However, Leicester have too much character to not give it a real go, and their record against us favours them, not us.

I don’t see even a scrappy 1-0, sadly.

Poll: How many wins this season sweepstake

Big Week on 20:02 - Oct 17 with 829 viewsfranniesTache

Big Week on 12:59 - Oct 17 by PatfromPoole

Wesley Own Goal Hoedt, to give him his full name, was fairly prolific, I seem to recall.

Frannie had a pretty good record of netting in his own net, including the diving header to the bottom corner for Oldham
Big Week on 17:04 - Oct 18 with 465 viewsGRIM

Janny B may have had a stinker or two for Poland.
But it was only two weeks ago that he was our best defender against Arsenal.
That doesn't say much for the rest of our defenders.
[Post edited 18 Oct 18:09]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024