Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints 09:55 - Jul 30 with 1368 viewsPatfromPoole

1. Carillo
2. Ramirez
3. Vestergaard

Sulemana would have been right up there if it weren't for the fees paid for Livramento and Ings just eclipsing his fee

*** caveat here is that the fees are based on Transfermarkt info....

Poll: Would you take Ward-Prowse back?

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 09:59 - Jul 30 with 1339 viewsMytchettSaint

I remember million pound macca (RIP) years ago. Purely because he was our first £1M player(?) I'm putting him forward.

Forza Rossobianco

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 10:04 - Jul 30 with 1311 viewssaints__fan__73

Ramirez at 2?!?! He cost around £11m and had one ok season where he scored 5 goals and had several assists.

I think you need to rank Tall Paul above him. £15m and did the square root of f'k all.

"Playing Devil's Advocate since 15th January 2014"
Poll: Have the events of the Summer made Nick feel closer to LFC?

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 10:31 - Jul 30 with 1268 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 10:04 - Jul 30 by saints__fan__73

Ramirez at 2?!?! He cost around £11m and had one ok season where he scored 5 goals and had several assists.

I think you need to rank Tall Paul above him. £15m and did the square root of f'k all.

Clue is in the title.

Tall Paul wasn’t a record signing.

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 12:23 - Jul 30 with 1132 viewsdirk_doone

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 10:31 - Jul 30 by PatfromPoole

Clue is in the title.

Tall Paul wasn’t a record signing.

We had some very good ones under Bates and McMenemy, like Ron Davies, Kevin Keegan and Dave Watson.

Wasn't Perry Groves our record signing under Branfoot? That didn't go well.

Poll: Who will win the Premier League this season?

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 12:25 - Jul 30 with 1129 viewssaint22

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guido_Carrillo

A tidy fortune doing very little
Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 12:34 - Jul 30 with 1112 viewsSonicBoom

Livramento? I thought we paid about 5 for him and sold him for 30?
I also thought Sulemana is our record signing. Hes been terrible.
Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 13:14 - Jul 30 with 1032 viewsTripleNiemi

Rory Delap has to be challenging, or does his long throws edge him out??!!
[Post edited 30 Jul 13:15]

Ready and waiting to mop up those European places......

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 13:16 - Jul 30 with 1024 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 12:34 - Jul 30 by SonicBoom

Livramento? I thought we paid about 5 for him and sold him for 30?
I also thought Sulemana is our record signing. Hes been terrible.

According to Transfermarkt, our highest-ever total transfer fees were for:-

1. Livramento
2. Ings
3. Sulemana

Login to get fewer ads

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 13:17 - Jul 30 with 1019 viewsPatfromPoole

All the figures here……

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/transferrekorde/verein/180

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 13:40 - Jul 30 with 980 viewsTimSaint

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 13:17 - Jul 30 by PatfromPoole

All the figures here……

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-southampton/transferrekorde/verein/180

Some very questionable valuations at best.

I know the quoted figures are in Euros, but even with a generous exchange rate :

Tino was definitely about £5m with a hefty sell on clause.
Ings was about £18m
Mane was about £10-12m
Lavia was a similar price to Mane

How was Camp Bestival ? We were looking to go, but the dates didn't work for us.

TimSaint

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 14:21 - Jul 30 with 936 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 13:40 - Jul 30 by TimSaint

Some very questionable valuations at best.

I know the quoted figures are in Euros, but even with a generous exchange rate :

Tino was definitely about £5m with a hefty sell on clause.
Ings was about £18m
Mane was about £10-12m
Lavia was a similar price to Mane

How was Camp Bestival ? We were looking to go, but the dates didn't work for us.

You are right with your info here, transfermarkt are usually quite accurate but they have got the Livramento & Ings fees wrong here

They value Livramento at around £5 million when he joined Saints and that is what we paid, Ings was £20 million which in fairness given transfermarkt say we bought him for 25 million euros considering the exchange rate probably isnt that much over the £20 million in GBP

Satisfying The Bloodlust Of The Masses In Peacetime

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 22:16 - Jul 30 with 771 viewsronan006

1) Dani Osvaldo..
2). Carillo
3) Rory Delap
Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 23:09 - Jul 30 with 731 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 22:16 - Jul 30 by ronan006

1) Dani Osvaldo..
2). Carillo
3) Rory Delap

Not sure about Rory Delap he cost £4 million, and had 4 1/2 years at the club starting 118 games plus 14 as sub in the League plus a few cup games, in 2003 he played a big part in our season when we finished 8th and reached the FA Cup final.

He got injured in the quarter final and would play only 3 times more that season including a cameo as sub in the FA Cup semi final, but the ankle injury flared up again and he missed the final

A player who played that number of games before leaving can hardly be described as a poor signing given the first 3 seasons we had until relegation in the 4th

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 23:34 - Jul 30 with 729 viewsPatfromPoole

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 23:09 - Jul 30 by SaintNick

Not sure about Rory Delap he cost £4 million, and had 4 1/2 years at the club starting 118 games plus 14 as sub in the League plus a few cup games, in 2003 he played a big part in our season when we finished 8th and reached the FA Cup final.

He got injured in the quarter final and would play only 3 times more that season including a cameo as sub in the FA Cup semi final, but the ankle injury flared up again and he missed the final

A player who played that number of games before leaving can hardly be described as a poor signing given the first 3 seasons we had until relegation in the 4th

And Harry Redknapp never realised he had a long throw.

Says it all about that useless arsehole (Redknapp that is…..)

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 09:47 - Jul 31 with 607 viewsSaintNick

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 23:34 - Jul 30 by PatfromPoole

And Harry Redknapp never realised he had a long throw.

Says it all about that useless arsehole (Redknapp that is…..)

In fairness I dont think Gordon Strachan used that tactic much either

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 16:27 - Jul 31 with 543 viewsJellybaby

It wasn't that he was a poor signing per se, it was more that he was embarrassingly average to be our record signing for many years.

I wholly disapprove of what you say and will defend to the death your right to say it.

Top 3 worst record transfer signings by Saints on 23:04 - Jul 31 with 442 viewsronan006

True that, I just put him on the list as I expected more excitement for £4 mill which was huge at that time but yeah over a long contract worked out ok I suppose.

But sticking with my choice of Osvaldo at number 1.
at least with Carillo he did play a part in scoring one crucial goal which was the difference between staying up and relegation and he didn't kick any of his teammates in the head.

Rory Delap , Rory Delap sometimes he's good but mostly he's cr@p.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024