Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Hartlepool United 21:12 - Feb 22 with 13985 viewsHullDale

Keith Curle has been sacked.

Hartlepool United on 20:47 - Feb 24 with 1414 viewsfitzochris

Hartlepool United on 20:43 - Feb 24 by bluevein64

I've been waiting for someone to come up with a theory along the lines of the "board being close to securing investment" I suggested the same/similar afew days ago on this forum and someone in not so many words implied that I was on drugs !
I've explored all the potential suggestions, ideas and opinions as to why JB hasn't been relieved of his position and I'm left with the only plausible explanation is that the B of D are close to securing investment and the new "owner/s" wishes to be involved in the selection process.

But the Trust asked the club and the club said this wasn’t the case.

Blog: Rochdale 2018/19 part three: Getting points on the board

Hartlepool United on 21:04 - Feb 24 with 1308 viewsbluevein64

Hartlepool United on 20:47 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

But the Trust asked the club and the club said this wasn’t the case.

It goes on All. The. Time. that's saying one thing and doing another, the dreaded vote of confidence for example , am I correct in thinking that SG said that we won't be changing our manager this season ! Well, we'll just have to wait and see.......
Hartlepool United on 21:15 - Feb 24 with 1278 viewsfitzochris

Hartlepool United on 21:04 - Feb 24 by bluevein64

It goes on All. The. Time. that's saying one thing and doing another, the dreaded vote of confidence for example , am I correct in thinking that SG said that we won't be changing our manager this season ! Well, we'll just have to wait and see.......

😃

Hartlepool United on 21:18 - Feb 24 with 1264 viewsJames1980

Hartlepool United on 20:12 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

James, it goes on. All. The. Time.

Not in our instance though, quite possibly for the reason I suggest above.

Seems like we are depending on either the season taking a miraculous turn around, enough season tickets being sold next season regardless of which league we are in and the name on the first team managers office, or a rich benefactor covering the cost of replacing the manager.

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Hartlepool United on 21:19 - Feb 24 with 1249 viewsA_Newby

Hartlepool United on 19:58 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

I worked on the theory that the board were close to securing investment to the level where they felt they couldn’t make any long-term decisions until a deal was done. There was certainly enough talk to suggest this. The Trust statement yesterday, however, has dispelled that.

The only other possibility is that they’ve not sufficiently protected themselves to take the financial hit of getting rid of the manager.

It certainly can’t be that there isn’t an experienced manager waiting in the wings, as I know for a fact that there is.

The supporters are visibly hurting and the failure to act - or at least make a mitigating statement - is hurting us even more.

That’s interesting but now I do not understand.

I had thought that the board could not find a suitable replacement willing to take the post. I will not ask you how you know that there is an experienced manager waiting in the wings or who they are.

I suggested that removing the current management team could cost £130,000 over time but was basically told my costs were probably over estimated.

So, I’ll assume that the total cost is £120,000 just for easy calculations as that is £10,000 (I know it may be less) a month for 12 months or until Jim Bentley or Nick Chadwick get new appointments.

So, if a new management team was brought in on similar terms it would immediately cost the club an extra £10,000 a month or £60,000 until the new season.

Is this what you think the club cannot afford / has not planned for having no spare cash?
Hartlepool United on 21:39 - Feb 24 with 1147 viewsfitzochris

Hartlepool United on 21:19 - Feb 24 by A_Newby

That’s interesting but now I do not understand.

I had thought that the board could not find a suitable replacement willing to take the post. I will not ask you how you know that there is an experienced manager waiting in the wings or who they are.

I suggested that removing the current management team could cost £130,000 over time but was basically told my costs were probably over estimated.

So, I’ll assume that the total cost is £120,000 just for easy calculations as that is £10,000 (I know it may be less) a month for 12 months or until Jim Bentley or Nick Chadwick get new appointments.

So, if a new management team was brought in on similar terms it would immediately cost the club an extra £10,000 a month or £60,000 until the new season.

Is this what you think the club cannot afford / has not planned for having no spare cash?

Why had you thought the club could not find a suitable replacement? Were you aware they were looking? I wasn’t.

I’m assuming no change has been made because the only logical conclusion, after the investor theory is ruled out, is that the club can’t afford to do it. Perhaps cash flow is even worse than we thought? Perhaps the severance terms are not as favourable for us as they should be.

You surely can’t imagine they’ve given Bentley a vote of confidence? That they’re accepting of the current on-field situation? That doesn’t even bear thinking about.

As for a manager waiting in the wings, there aren’t many left are there, now Askey has been snapped up? I’m sure we all know one candidate who, perhaps isn’t perfect, but who gets the club and at least has a track record of success. He’s a available and speaks frequently of his love of the club.

This is about how the fans are feeling. It’s not about money. The situation is as dire as I’ve known.

Hartlepool United on 21:42 - Feb 24 with 1131 viewsHullDale

Hartlepool United on 21:15 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

😃

To be fair, the Trust statement specifically asked the club about being close to a 'takeover'... it doesn't state that the club are not close to somebody buying the ~400K remaining shares - enough for a significant stake without it being a takeover.

There are 3 scenarios in my mind:

- We're comfortable that there isn't a better (affordable) option who could do more with this squad than Bentley;

- We're close to selling a large (not majority) stake in the club and the investor wants a say in potential replacements;

- The directors have to act in the best interest of the limited company, and a relegation clause in Bentley's contract is better for the company than a firing and paying off the rest of his contract.

Probably not a coincidence the 'investment' rumours started around the same time as the EGM filing was processed at companies' house.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili
Hartlepool United on 22:09 - Feb 24 with 1045 viewsfitzochris

Hartlepool United on 21:42 - Feb 24 by HullDale

To be fair, the Trust statement specifically asked the club about being close to a 'takeover'... it doesn't state that the club are not close to somebody buying the ~400K remaining shares - enough for a significant stake without it being a takeover.

There are 3 scenarios in my mind:

- We're comfortable that there isn't a better (affordable) option who could do more with this squad than Bentley;

- We're close to selling a large (not majority) stake in the club and the investor wants a say in potential replacements;

- The directors have to act in the best interest of the limited company, and a relegation clause in Bentley's contract is better for the company than a firing and paying off the rest of his contract.

Probably not a coincidence the 'investment' rumours started around the same time as the EGM filing was processed at companies' house.

https://find-and-update.company-information.service.gov.uk/company/00111019/fili

You’re playing with semantics slightly, as a significant investment/takeover is interchangeable in terms of the board staying their hand because said external party wants a say in the manager situation.

As I said also, if the board is comfortable there is nobody available who could do a better job than Bentley (have another look at his record), then we might as well all go home and stay there.

And your point about putting the club first financially, is where I’m at. They can’t afford to bin him now. That’s the only logical explanation I can come up with (although if they can’t afford it, it’s worrying in itself).

Login to get fewer ads

Hartlepool United on 23:46 - Feb 24 with 813 viewsDorkingDale

Hartlepool United on 22:09 - Feb 24 by fitzochris

You’re playing with semantics slightly, as a significant investment/takeover is interchangeable in terms of the board staying their hand because said external party wants a say in the manager situation.

As I said also, if the board is comfortable there is nobody available who could do a better job than Bentley (have another look at his record), then we might as well all go home and stay there.

And your point about putting the club first financially, is where I’m at. They can’t afford to bin him now. That’s the only logical explanation I can come up with (although if they can’t afford it, it’s worrying in itself).

Totally agree - as I've said previously, they don't have the ££££ to pay him off & recruit a replacement (other than The Board stumping up more dosh themselves, & who can blame them for not doing that?)

Really perilous times - our only hope is for an investor to come in, but why would anyone in their right mind want to do that right now?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024