Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
QPR about to announce new signing... 15:17 - Aug 23 with 6663 viewsgueRRilla

Our sixth signing of the summer is to be announced shortly ... #QPR
Expand Reply Retweet Favorite
QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:09 - Aug 23 with 2464 viewsbarbicanranger

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:10 - Aug 23 with 2444 viewsRangersw12

Excellent signing well happy with that
QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:14 - Aug 23 with 2403 viewsbosh67

Great player and we've got him at just the right time in his career. Great signing for the club.

Never knowingly right.
Poll: How long before new signings become quivering wrecks of the players they were?

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:20 - Aug 23 with 2355 viewsToast_R

I know sodall about him, why is that?

a I've been out the loop 2 seasons?

b I'm just ignorant?

c I'm not into football as much as I was?

d I didnt have Sky Sports last season from January and seldom was allowed to watch it if it was a mediocre Championship match on with no personal interest?
QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:30 - Aug 23 with 2296 viewsEsgaroth

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:20 - Aug 23 by Toast_R

I know sodall about him, why is that?

a I've been out the loop 2 seasons?

b I'm just ignorant?

c I'm not into football as much as I was?

d I didnt have Sky Sports last season from January and seldom was allowed to watch it if it was a mediocre Championship match on with no personal interest?

Trust me.........He's quality

Been here since 1984. Now THAT is what you call punishment

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:32 - Aug 23 with 2283 viewsQPRDave

Really good signing, hope we're keeping Hoilett too
QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:37 - Aug 23 with 2231 viewsYorkRanger

Very pleased with this.
QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:52 - Aug 23 with 2165 viewsHOOPNO7

This is an excellent signing, I saw him when he made his debut for Wycombe & quite a few times after, always impressed me with his pace & work rate. My son was gutted when he left Wycombe, at least they will now get a % of the money we paid for him.
Login to get fewer ads

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:58 - Aug 23 with 2130 viewsAntti_Heinola

I've been extremely critical of our transfer policy this summer, with too many stop gaps and short term solutions targeted. but this one and Charlie Austin are along much better lines. Players who are clearly talented, young, room to develop and might actually make us some money down the road too. We have a decent record if signings from Blackpool too. Have to admit, haven't seen lots of Phillips, but what I've seen I've liked. Seems slightly surprising Olly didn't go for him, mind. Or maybe he did!
This is much more like it, though. Signings like this are always welcome, although guess we won't be seeing him play for a few weeks...

Bare bones.

QPR about to announce new signing... on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 2037 viewsNorthernr

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:14 - Aug 23 by bosh67

Great player and we've got him at just the right time in his career. Great signing for the club.

*pedant enters*
"exactly the right time in his career" would have been when we could have had him from Wycombe, a club 20 miles up the road, for a fraction of his current cost a couple of years ago, but we let him go to Blackpool because we were too Billy Big Potatoes for that.
*pedant exits*

Nice signing. Exciting.
QPR about to announce new signing... on 17:24 - Aug 23 with 2035 viewsessextaxiboy

QPR about to announce new signing... on 16:58 - Aug 23 by Antti_Heinola

I've been extremely critical of our transfer policy this summer, with too many stop gaps and short term solutions targeted. but this one and Charlie Austin are along much better lines. Players who are clearly talented, young, room to develop and might actually make us some money down the road too. We have a decent record if signings from Blackpool too. Have to admit, haven't seen lots of Phillips, but what I've seen I've liked. Seems slightly surprising Olly didn't go for him, mind. Or maybe he did!
This is much more like it, though. Signings like this are always welcome, although guess we won't be seeing him play for a few weeks...

I dont think you can base an opinion on policy based on players targetted . Too many agents , journalist, bookmakers throwing out names with no substance.

Of the players actually signed only Dunne and Henry have not got one eye on a Prem team should we get promoted.

I never thought we would sign Parker , it wouldnt surprise me if Harry done him a favour to flush out a buyer from the Prem

Austin. Simpson, O Neal and Phillips are perfect IMO
QPR about to announce new signing... on 17:29 - Aug 23 with 2016 viewsbaz_qpr

QPR about to announce new signing... on 17:24 - Aug 23 by Northernr

*pedant enters*
"exactly the right time in his career" would have been when we could have had him from Wycombe, a club 20 miles up the road, for a fraction of his current cost a couple of years ago, but we let him go to Blackpool because we were too Billy Big Potatoes for that.
*pedant exits*

Nice signing. Exciting.

Factual Argumentative Pedant Enters

He signed for Blackpool when they were a Premiership club in our promotion season, when we were expected to be mid table mediocrities. What makes you think we could have competed for his signature against a newly promoted premiership club?

[Post edited 23 Aug 2013 17:30]
QPR about to announce new signing... on 18:06 - Aug 23 with 1944 viewsrsonist

So if what Ince has said is true then the soonest we can expect to see Phillips in action is in six games time home to Boro on the 28th Sept (or possibly away to Yeovil on the 21st if he heals well).
QPR about to announce new signing... on 19:19 - Aug 23 with 1847 viewsIrishR

QPR about to announce new signing... on 18:06 - Aug 23 by rsonist

So if what Ince has said is true then the soonest we can expect to see Phillips in action is in six games time home to Boro on the 28th Sept (or possibly away to Yeovil on the 21st if he heals well).

The tangerine army do not seem too aggrieved that he is leaving. Big confidence player they say so hopefully he can start well for us. Any idea what the actual fee was? At 5mill they are saying we are being robbed.

http://www.backhenrystreet.co.uk/thread-13130-page-6.html
QPR about to announce new signing... on 21:16 - Aug 23 with 1731 viewsrsonist

Given he was in the last year of his contract I'd hope we didn't pay as much as £5m, or if we did that it's heavily performnace-based. OTOH Wycombe were due 30% or something of the fee so it's possible Blackpool's price was high.

Still think it's a good signing, very talented player and only 22. I get the impression he might have just gone a little stale at Blackpool rather than him being a flash in the pan.
QPR about to announce new signing... on 21:16 - Aug 23 with 1724 viewsTW_R

QPR about to announce new signing... on 15:42 - Aug 23 by WeaverQPR

hopefully Phillips our new no.10.

From the pictures on the offy it looks like he's signing the number 7 shirt!!?
QPR about to announce new signing... on 21:19 - Aug 23 with 1717 viewsrsonist

I guess this would also suggest that Barton's days on the right side of midfield are over and that he'll be doing the Parker job.
QPR about to announce new signing... on 21:24 - Aug 23 with 1707 viewsBathRanger

All hail the new Trevor Sinclair...maybe!
QPR about to announce new signing... on 21:37 - Aug 23 with 1686 viewsBathRanger

Blackpool supporting friend of mine describes him as good player, pacey tricky winger, decent crosser, OK goal scorer. Down sides - doesn't track back and got a big head (angled repeatedly for a move).

"got a big head" - should fit right in then!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024