Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Lower Loft Renewals... 14:17 - May 22 with 30026 viewsSouthend_Rss

My mate sits in NL and has had an email saying that he has to move unless he has a child with him next year. It's to do with making it a new family stand.. Anyone else sit in the lower loft and had an email from the club?? That's gonna cause problems trying to relocate surely..
Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:37 - May 22 with 2131 viewsdaveB

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:32 - May 22 by Gloucs_R

You big girl.....ohhh, I cant change my seat....I've been here since the war. YAWN!

What happens when we get a new stadium? Are you going to demand that you still sit in the Loft and watch it on a big screen?

we haven't got a new stadium so it's a pointless argument.

I'm looking forward to Chelsea next year now when the kids stay away and we have an empty lower loft
Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:40 - May 22 with 2126 viewsWatford_Ranger

Does any club really need a family stand? Would it not make more sense to offer the discount bundles in all silver areas?
Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:46 - May 22 with 2103 viewsmichael67

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:40 - May 22 by Watford_Ranger

Does any club really need a family stand? Would it not make more sense to offer the discount bundles in all silver areas?

Will the fathers of the kids not attending certain games, eg scum, be able to sell the ticket for that day on the new scheme they have introduced? This can open a different can of worms, to say the least.

Poll: Do you enjoy NorthermRs presser posts, and wish to see them every week?

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:48 - May 22 with 2100 viewsEssex_Ranger

Lower Loft Renewals... on 16:58 - May 22 by JonDoeman

Because we want to create a family stand like most established clubs. Its tough on the 300 of you but we have to build a family stand. Hard to please everyone. RT @urrrrs: @tonyfernandes Why are you kicking loyal fans out of their seats in lower loft been there 22 years long b4 you heard of QPR #fuming

Yes other established clubs have a family stand....BUT...it isnt the main stand behing the goal is it?

This is like Liverpool changing the KOP, or Man U changing the stretford end, or West Ham changing the Bobby Moore end......all stands behind the goal that generate atmosphere!

If they need that much space how about only giving away fans including london clubs the top tier and change the school end lower into the family stand? or would that mess up the minimum we have to give clubs etc?

Glouc R, when you moan continually that everyone else is moaning is that supposed to be ironic? Here's an idea, how about I take your seat if its such a great view and you move somewhere else in the ground yeah?

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:58 - May 22 with 2064 viewsJonDoeman

A relevant thread from report.
http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=307
"I go to home games a couple of times a season and the same with away games. When at Loftus Road I get a seat wherever I happen to get one and so I have sat in all parts of the stadium over the years.

Last night I finally took my lad who is 8 after waiting a long time to do it when we both felt ready. Because of him I thought I'd get seats in the family area in the lower loft.

Big mistake. A group of guys we were next to were utter morons. These were not kids but middle aged men. People swear...I swear....it happens...but this was ridiculous. I had warned my lad about hearing swearing and knew he would be mature about it so did not think anything more of it. The stuff these guys were coming out with was mental. Screaming the ref's a f*cking c*nt was the most minimal part of it. There was calling out about Nathan Dyer being a f*cking peadophile, general smatterings of f*ck off you welsh c*nts, we f*cking hate the welsh and the like.

But what was amazing was the barracking of our our fans. This group seemed to have a joke going that whenever anyone stood up they shouted "sit down" immediately. They shouted at a couple a few rows in front who had a 5 or 6 year old with them. They also shouted at a girl who had arrived late and was trying to get to her seat to sit down and when she turned to look she was clearly intimidated. They shouted something sexual as she went as well but she didn't hear that. I cannot believe these guys got a kick out of intimidating the fans around them?!?!?!

My lad really enjoyed it but he looked scared at some of the stuff they were shouting. I had to give him a pep talk on the way back about why they were acting that way but the truth was I could not really explain why they were doing it just that some people act that way even though they shouldn't.

I'll be taking my boy back there but not in the family area, it was a complete disgrace. I did not feel able to take those guys to task over it in front of my lad, I am just left really disappointed because in all the times I have been to LR I have never seen this sort of rancid behaviour.

Maybe I should have done something but sometimes experiences like this stick in a young persons mind and I did not want my boy to remember his first R's game because Dad had an argument with fellow fans. I just wanted him to remember we thumped the Swans 3-0."

It Is What It Is !!

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:59 - May 22 with 2056 viewsQPeteR

I sit or should I say now that I used to sit in the corner of the lower loft right next to the paddock.

I have 2 children both under 8 (5 and2) but would never consider getting them a season ticket yet as I know they would not be coming to all the games and I would be wasting a seat that could go to another fan on the games they would not attend.

So as a result I need to move my seat....or get season tickets for my kids that are not really old enough yet, which I will not be doing for the reason above.

This is a joke of a decision and I reaLy do not understand for all the good things the club do how they can royally screw up the simplest decisions.

As a result of this I will not be renewing and as such will not be bringing my 5 year old to his first game next season because if I move my season ticket to a gold area I can not bring him for free to sit in the seat next to me.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:01 - May 22 with 2044 viewsbaz_qpr

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:59 - May 22 by QPeteR

I sit or should I say now that I used to sit in the corner of the lower loft right next to the paddock.

I have 2 children both under 8 (5 and2) but would never consider getting them a season ticket yet as I know they would not be coming to all the games and I would be wasting a seat that could go to another fan on the games they would not attend.

So as a result I need to move my seat....or get season tickets for my kids that are not really old enough yet, which I will not be doing for the reason above.

This is a joke of a decision and I reaLy do not understand for all the good things the club do how they can royally screw up the simplest decisions.

As a result of this I will not be renewing and as such will not be bringing my 5 year old to his first game next season because if I move my season ticket to a gold area I can not bring him for free to sit in the seat next to me.

Yes you can move - I am in Ellerslie Block W and when I bring my boy I just do a swap to the areas where he can get in for free. Club has no problem at all with that
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:09 - May 22 with 2020 viewsAntti_Heinola

A load of kids sit in front of me in SAR (Gold, natch). Although it can be slightly annoying when they get bored/cold and start squirming about, to be honest it's had a good effect on me because I definitely swear less and temper any stupid behaviour. Maybe Joey should let his son run round after him on the pitch and see if that helps?

Bare bones.

Login to get fewer ads

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:16 - May 22 with 2000 viewsQPeteR

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:01 - May 22 by baz_qpr

Yes you can move - I am in Ellerslie Block W and when I bring my boy I just do a swap to the areas where he can get in for free. Club has no problem at all with that

Yes I know that but I can not be bothered with the hassle to be honest.

If the club were really really serious about a family stand then they would take the financial hit on the 6 big games a season when they sell the lower school end to away fans and make that the family area instead.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:16 - May 22 with 1997 viewssmegma

At the last two home games I noticed the Education Secretary Michael Gove sitting right behind the goal in lower loft about ten rows from front. Maybe the club wants to attract his type in the future instead those of us who have witnessed Vauxhall Motors , Tony Scully ,Dominic Iorfa , Bob Malcolm etc....... don't worry , everyone can pat TF on the back the next time he patronises one of the local pubs.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:26 - May 22 with 1977 viewsnadera78

I guess they thought about making the school end lower the new family stand but decided against it because of the reported spitting, etc, coming down from the away fans in the upper tier.

I think the paddock is the best place to put them, away from the rowdy stuff and in front of the boxes.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:26 - May 22 with 1976 viewsbaz_qpr

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:16 - May 22 by QPeteR

Yes I know that but I can not be bothered with the hassle to be honest.

If the club were really really serious about a family stand then they would take the financial hit on the 6 big games a season when they sell the lower school end to away fans and make that the family area instead.

I'm not sure its the most sensible thing in the world to put the family stand below the away support.

I've always thought that the paddocks should be the family stand it was historically the place people with kids gravitated towards (its where my Dad took me until I was 9 and deemed old enough to go in the loft) because you were close and could get autographs etc but I would imagine the concern would be the exposure to the elements.

Look not saying I agree with them but if you are going to have an entire family stand LR does not leave you with many options
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:27 - May 22 with 1974 viewsmichael67

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:16 - May 22 by smegma

At the last two home games I noticed the Education Secretary Michael Gove sitting right behind the goal in lower loft about ten rows from front. Maybe the club wants to attract his type in the future instead those of us who have witnessed Vauxhall Motors , Tony Scully ,Dominic Iorfa , Bob Malcolm etc....... don't worry , everyone can pat TF on the back the next time he patronises one of the local pubs.

I would have thought that this would have been the idea of Beard. However, will TF reconsider going around the pubs because one bad decision was made?

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:27 - May 22 with 1970 viewsDaveAngel

I've sat for in the LL for the past 5 years, loads of kids round me - hardly any come to any midweek games - it'll be fooking dead down there.

Just got my brother, to send me a copy of my nephews birth cerficate so i can stay in my seat. it'l never be used - they live in Manchester.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:29 - May 22 with 1967 viewsnadera78

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:16 - May 22 by smegma

Give over will you, no-one's died you're just being asked to move seats.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:32 - May 22 with 1954 viewsGloucs_R

Move seats? How dare you....

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:40 - May 22 with 1937 viewsJonDoeman

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:27 - May 22 by DaveAngel

I've sat for in the LL for the past 5 years, loads of kids round me - hardly any come to any midweek games - it'll be fooking dead down there.

Just got my brother, to send me a copy of my nephews birth cerficate so i can stay in my seat. it'l never be used - they live in Manchester.

Would it not be better just to move?
You're getting offered a gold seat!

It Is What It Is !!

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:42 - May 22 with 1922 viewsmichael67

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:40 - May 22 by JonDoeman

Would it not be better just to move?
You're getting offered a gold seat!

Could you try and get a platinum seat? And tell them "I aint moving till I do"?

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:50 - May 22 with 1914 viewsSharpy

Look at old GloucR getting all self-righteous with his first renewal in hand.

Once you`ve had black, you never go back !

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:53 - May 22 with 1910 viewsQPeteR

Lower Loft Renewals... on 17:58 - May 22 by JonDoeman

A relevant thread from report.
http://qprreport.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=general&action=display&thread=307
"I go to home games a couple of times a season and the same with away games. When at Loftus Road I get a seat wherever I happen to get one and so I have sat in all parts of the stadium over the years.

Last night I finally took my lad who is 8 after waiting a long time to do it when we both felt ready. Because of him I thought I'd get seats in the family area in the lower loft.

Big mistake. A group of guys we were next to were utter morons. These were not kids but middle aged men. People swear...I swear....it happens...but this was ridiculous. I had warned my lad about hearing swearing and knew he would be mature about it so did not think anything more of it. The stuff these guys were coming out with was mental. Screaming the ref's a f*cking c*nt was the most minimal part of it. There was calling out about Nathan Dyer being a f*cking peadophile, general smatterings of f*ck off you welsh c*nts, we f*cking hate the welsh and the like.

But what was amazing was the barracking of our our fans. This group seemed to have a joke going that whenever anyone stood up they shouted "sit down" immediately. They shouted at a couple a few rows in front who had a 5 or 6 year old with them. They also shouted at a girl who had arrived late and was trying to get to her seat to sit down and when she turned to look she was clearly intimidated. They shouted something sexual as she went as well but she didn't hear that. I cannot believe these guys got a kick out of intimidating the fans around them?!?!?!

My lad really enjoyed it but he looked scared at some of the stuff they were shouting. I had to give him a pep talk on the way back about why they were acting that way but the truth was I could not really explain why they were doing it just that some people act that way even though they shouldn't.

I'll be taking my boy back there but not in the family area, it was a complete disgrace. I did not feel able to take those guys to task over it in front of my lad, I am just left really disappointed because in all the times I have been to LR I have never seen this sort of rancid behaviour.

Maybe I should have done something but sometimes experiences like this stick in a young persons mind and I did not want my boy to remember his first R's game because Dad had an argument with fellow fans. I just wanted him to remember we thumped the Swans 3-0."

The key thing here is are we talking about the 300 odd season ticket holders or the fact that the club continued to sell tickets to groups that did not include kids that were not season ticket holders.

Example of which, a group of 4 twenty year olds sat directly behind me, not season tickets holders and no kids in there group, however they managed to sit in the lower loft for most of the season.

The 3 seats next to me that 3 twenty/thirty something women sat in as part of the clubs ticket bundles that were sold, again no kids in sight.

I honestly believe that some of the issues maybe were not the season ticket holders but other fans that if the club had stuck to there own rules should not have been there. Even flabio allowed existing season ticket holders to renew there....it been the family stand for the last 3 seasons.

Oh and By the way my seat is next to the paddock and the language coming from there well, it's interesting to say the least.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:59 - May 22 with 1894 viewsGloucs_R

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:50 - May 22 by Sharpy

Look at old GloucR getting all self-righteous with his first renewal in hand.

Hardly. I've already said that I only think 3 blocks should be the family section. It does make me laugh that some grown men are attached to a piece of plastic that they sit on 19 times a year. Bizarre.

I want to take my lad when he turns 4, the only part of the ground I would take him to is a family section. All teh club is doing is taking us back to being a family friendly club and ensuring the next generation doesnt end up at Fulham.

Poll: Are we staying up?

Lower Loft Renewals... on 19:25 - May 22 with 1834 viewswombat

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:59 - May 22 by Gloucs_R

Hardly. I've already said that I only think 3 blocks should be the family section. It does make me laugh that some grown men are attached to a piece of plastic that they sit on 19 times a year. Bizarre.

I want to take my lad when he turns 4, the only part of the ground I would take him to is a family section. All teh club is doing is taking us back to being a family friendly club and ensuring the next generation doesnt end up at Fulham.

This really is a poor idea, yes do ticket bundles next season quids for a quid usual stuff but as others have said those seats are gonna be empty when the cold weather comes in and it's midweek and we are playing villa on a Tuesday night .

Yes we need to attract more fans but you have to keep your regular customers happy as well wasn't our average attendance this season nearly 17500 can't see it being the same next season somehow

Simple answer to anyone faced with being moved get hold of a relatives kids birth certificate free seat all Season and you keep your seat

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Lower Loft Renewals... on 19:28 - May 22 with 1830 viewsBasingstokeR

Is the club going to move families from the other stands in to the LL or just try to sell to more "families" alltogether?

I can't understand not using some or all of the Lower School End as a exclusive family stand. The "spitting" potential is a poor excuse imho. Do kids not sit there when its sold to home fans and especially when the club does cheaper deals in there? The Lower Loft from what I can see has lots of free space even last year in a Promotion Season and again this year in the Premiership after 15years. There are lots of spaces for families to buy up around me, and around me the some of the worst serial offenders for language are Dads with Kids in tow!

This year alone in the "bigger teams" games I had Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs fans all sat near me (with me hugging them mercilessly when we scored and beat them all :) ) I really think whatever statistics or feedback the club are working on here has got to be flawed.
Lower Loft Renewals... on 19:32 - May 22 with 1821 viewsted_hendrix

I've got a great seat in the lower loft where I've sat for yonks, right behind the penalty spot with a great view of the pitch.
Everyone of us are all regulars and we all know each other and as far as I was concerned that's where I'd be sitting for evermore.

Apparently not.

I'll move elsewhere but i'll be doing It under protest, I can live with progress etc and I understand what the club are trying to do but this pisses me off.

I sympathised with the lads and lasses that had to make way for the bastard 'C' club when the Nazi's were in control of this club, now I really know how you people felt.

I've got a thousand reasons why I don't wan't to move but what's the point?

Shift Hendrix or fck off and go without.

My Father had a profound influence on me, he was a lunatic.

Lower Loft Renewals... on 19:35 - May 22 with 1818 viewscheeseydane

Lower Loft Renewals... on 18:59 - May 22 by Gloucs_R

----'It does make me laugh that some grown men are attached to a piece of plastic that they sit on 19 times a year. Bizarre. '-----

People have sat through, year after year, watching very often a load of sh.te, without complaint, happily putting their dosh into the club, but they were happy that they were part of the club, and that having your own seat is part of that loyalty responded.
So, just when things get really interesting, to have the club say, thanks, but fk off to another part of the ground, i think is below the belt.

FFS Its mental that the loft is the family stand in the first place. They harp on about how important the crowd and atmosphere are, and do all they can to diminish it.

Thats whats bizarre.

[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Technology advances, unfortunately humans do not.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024