Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Embarrassing... 20:23 - Jan 8 with 6181 viewsAjack_Kerouac

...I'm embarrassed by this club.

- the standard of the football is a joke
- our deluded fans are a joke
- the woke bullshit is a joke
- the 'manager' is possibly the biggest joke of the lot.

...I'm sure signing a couple of MK Dons players will keep everybody happy though, and the deluded fan base can pretend for a little while longer. We could get relegated and many would still pretend all was fine.
This club is a joke.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Embarrassing... on 00:18 - Jan 9 with 975 viewsReslovenSwan1

Embarrassing... on 00:14 - Jan 9 by guthrieintherain

2 more transfer windows of patience he needs a chance to get the players in he wants for next season.

My concern is Matt O'Riley is clearly not what the club needs. He is very similar to both Grimes and Downes. Swansea needs pace and people that can o go on the outside. Spense at Forest and Isiah Jones at Boro have this and made Swansea pay.

Wise sage since Toshack era

Embarrassing... on 00:23 - Jan 9 with 964 viewsDr_Parnassus

Embarrassing... on 00:14 - Jan 9 by guthrieintherain

2 more transfer windows of patience he needs a chance to get the players in he wants for next season.

So that will be 2 years?

That’s a ridiculous amount of time.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Embarrassing... on 06:33 - Jan 9 with 920 viewsguthrieintherain

Embarrassing... on 00:23 - Jan 9 by Dr_Parnassus

So that will be 2 years?

That’s a ridiculous amount of time.

16 months August January and August then 4 months to see where we are.

Poll: What will happen with Morgan Whittaker

Embarrassing... on 07:43 - Jan 9 with 893 viewsDr_Parnassus

Madness, that’s the average total length of time of a Swansea manager in the last quarter of a century.

It’s unlikely Martin will be here for a third season so it’s bonkers people are saying not to judge him until essentially his reign is over.

Not realistic.

Swansea Independent Poster of the Year 2021 and 2022.
Poll: Would you swap Ayew for Piroe?

Embarrassing... on 08:50 - Jan 9 with 857 viewsThornburyswan

Embarrassing... on 07:43 - Jan 9 by Dr_Parnassus

Madness, that’s the average total length of time of a Swansea manager in the last quarter of a century.

It’s unlikely Martin will be here for a third season so it’s bonkers people are saying not to judge him until essentially his reign is over.

Not realistic.

For me Dr the issue is not about ‘judging’ we all do that all of the time in all aspects of our lives so none of us can stop judging even if we wanted to.

The issue is about what you do/say or expect to happen based on that judgement - it would be extremely difficult for anyone to ‘judge’ RM positively on his last 5-months work but there will be degrees of frustration to it from the let’s get rid now to he needs at least 1/2 more windows to get ‘his’ players in.

None of that is impacted by what Cooper (or any other previous gaffer) did or is doing now at a different club.

For me FWIW I was encouraged by what I saw over the first 2/3 months & was looking positively to some additions in January and a better second half of the season delivering a solid upper mid-table position (say 10th - 12th) - however the last couple of months are beginning to raise some concerns for me around :-

1. Following initial decent progress towards RM possession based approach that has stalled as the opposition have worked out how to combat it & RM is not giving me any belief so far that he can/will respond to that.
2. We lack pace all over the pitch but particularly at the back so playing our WBs incredibly high - they are regularly nearer to Piroe than Hamer - with slow CBs is not smart.
3. Despite regularly dominating possession - over 70% regularly - we consistently fail to hit the target & yet our opposition do better with half the amount of time with the ball.
4. Continually tweaking the defence in terms of personnel & positions they play - this for me results in the continual flow of individual mistakes we are seeing.
5. Goalkeeper - Hamer may be better than Benda with the ball at his feet but either most of our opposition are incredibly clinical or he doesn’t make anywhere near enough saves.
6. I know JW/JS are fully paid up members of the RM vision which is beginning to look concerning.

All that said I am not advocating for a change of manager, in simple terms we need to grin & bear it at least until the summer & I still hope that initial positive feeling can return and 10th spot is still achievable.
Embarrassing... on 09:10 - Jan 9 with 836 viewsQJumpingJack

We need some perspective.
Losing 4-0 at home to Kidderminster in the league.
Losing 7-0 to Fulham in the FA Cup
Losing 6-1 at home to Wigan
Losing at Havant in a Cup replay.
Losing to Nuneaton in a Cup replay.

That is embarrassing.
Embarrassing... on 09:24 - Jan 9 with 816 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 09:10 - Jan 9 by QJumpingJack

That is embarrassing.

There are a number more that can be added to that list, losing 3-1 away to Shrewsbury in the League Cup in the first season we were promoted to the Premier League being one of them.
Embarrassing... on 09:47 - Jan 9 with 785 viewsbuilthjack

Embarrassing... on 09:10 - Jan 9 by QJumpingJack

That is embarrassing.

People either have very short memories, or they are Premier League fans, or they are just fair weather fans. There are a lot of them.
I wonder how many of them will be in Huddersfield at the weekend. Not many I guess.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Login to get fewer ads

Embarrassing... on 09:52 - Jan 9 with 781 viewsjohnlangy

He's trying to get the team to play in a way which is completely different to what SC did last season. With mostly the same squad of players who are obviously not used to it. And yes it is frustrating and annoying at times when it all falls apart.

But i'm willing to wait for him to get in the players that he believes will make the system work. To me that means this window plus the summer.
Embarrassing... on 09:55 - Jan 9 with 777 viewsbuilthjack

Embarrassing... on 09:52 - Jan 9 by johnlangy

He's trying to get the team to play in a way which is completely different to what SC did last season. With mostly the same squad of players who are obviously not used to it. And yes it is frustrating and annoying at times when it all falls apart.

But i'm willing to wait for him to get in the players that he believes will make the system work. To me that means this window plus the summer.

As I said when he arrived, it will take a good January transfer window, and a summer transfer window, to get the players he needs. Some of our existing players just can't pass and move. Simple as that.
But some seem to want instant success. That rarely happens.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Embarrassing... on 10:08 - Jan 9 with 762 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing... on 09:55 - Jan 9 by builthjack

As I said when he arrived, it will take a good January transfer window, and a summer transfer window, to get the players he needs. Some of our existing players just can't pass and move. Simple as that.
But some seem to want instant success. That rarely happens.

Not success really,simply to play players in their bet position and to improve them.

They are getting wore and Bennett a classic example.

Martin could not wait to bin Whittaker.

Cullen played yeterday;we broight on a farked up Liverpool loanee Centre Half.

And this is supported?

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Embarrassing... on 10:12 - Jan 9 with 754 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Or people have played football to a decent level, understand what they are seeing, the tactical ineptitude, the square pegs in round holes, and understand that to play 80mins or so against 10 men and be the team that looks sluggish, the team that can't find a man in space (because there is ZERO movement off the ball), the team that appears frightened to play a through ball or put a cross in, beat a man or take a shot, f-in FRIGHTENED...

...is embarrassing.

Martin's selections are embarrassing
Martin's subs are embarrassing
Martin sat on his bench, shaking his head at his assistant rather than being up on his feet trying to communicate with his failing team is embarrassing
Dhanda is embarrassing (should be in League 2, except he'd never cope with the physicality).
Korey Smith at no. 10 is embarrassing (not his fault)
Wing-backs playing as inside forwards with no pace, no skill, frightened to have a go is embarrassing
The female commentator trying to explain to us plebs that the way Martin plays his wing-backs as inside forwards is so very clever and gives us so many extra attacking options ("passing lanes" etc.) is embarrassing when we could all see with our eyes that we are not creating ANYTHING, no shots, no crosses, no taking your man on at pace, no opportunities whatsoever. EMBARRASSING. It seems like a chunk of our fan base lap it up though and then blame the likes of Bennett as another weak goal goes in...the fact that our "manager" sends him out with no full-backs and no centre-back partner seems to be beyond most of our fans' comprehension.
The last goal in particular was a result of us giving the ball away cheaply and Downes losing his man completely (not his fault, I'm a big fan of Downes, in MIDFIELD), Bennett realised that the situation is unrecoverable and try's to play offside, but Manning (who is a left sided midfielder (NOT a centre-back) plays them all inside trying to cut the cross out.

This is BASICS people. Don't give me that where were you in League 2 crap, I was there in League 2 and I know a shambles of a disorganised outfit when I see one.

Martin is a fake. The idea that his team is playing fabulous football playing 600 passes a game taking it up to one side of the box and the turning backwards, playing it in a horseshoe around to the other side of the box and back again until somebody makes a mistake (f-all shots or crosses or runs into the box) is FAKE.

In fact he sums up the era we are living in. A fake manager of a fake football team for a fake fan base.

"It's what people know about themselves inside that makes them afraid" - "In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act" - "The further a society drifts from truth the more it will hate those who speak it"

Embarrassing... on 10:18 - Jan 9 with 741 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 10:12 - Jan 9 by Ajack_Kerouac

Or people have played football to a decent level, understand what they are seeing, the tactical ineptitude, the square pegs in round holes, and understand that to play 80mins or so against 10 men and be the team that looks sluggish, the team that can't find a man in space (because there is ZERO movement off the ball), the team that appears frightened to play a through ball or put a cross in, beat a man or take a shot, f-in FRIGHTENED...

...is embarrassing.

Martin's selections are embarrassing
Martin's subs are embarrassing
Martin sat on his bench, shaking his head at his assistant rather than being up on his feet trying to communicate with his failing team is embarrassing
Dhanda is embarrassing (should be in League 2, except he'd never cope with the physicality).
Korey Smith at no. 10 is embarrassing (not his fault)
Wing-backs playing as inside forwards with no pace, no skill, frightened to have a go is embarrassing
The female commentator trying to explain to us plebs that the way Martin plays his wing-backs as inside forwards is so very clever and gives us so many extra attacking options ("passing lanes" etc.) is embarrassing when we could all see with our eyes that we are not creating ANYTHING, no shots, no crosses, no taking your man on at pace, no opportunities whatsoever. EMBARRASSING. It seems like a chunk of our fan base lap it up though and then blame the likes of Bennett as another weak goal goes in...the fact that our "manager" sends him out with no full-backs and no centre-back partner seems to be beyond most of our fans' comprehension.
The last goal in particular was a result of us giving the ball away cheaply and Downes losing his man completely (not his fault, I'm a big fan of Downes, in MIDFIELD), Bennett realised that the situation is unrecoverable and try's to play offside, but Manning (who is a left sided midfielder (NOT a centre-back) plays them all inside trying to cut the cross out.

This is BASICS people. Don't give me that where were you in League 2 crap, I was there in League 2 and I know a shambles of a disorganised outfit when I see one.

Martin is a fake. The idea that his team is playing fabulous football playing 600 passes a game taking it up to one side of the box and the turning backwards, playing it in a horseshoe around to the other side of the box and back again until somebody makes a mistake (f-all shots or crosses or runs into the box) is FAKE.

In fact he sums up the era we are living in. A fake manager of a fake football team for a fake fan base.

I thought Pireo should have scored when he was put through one on one with their keeper.
Embarrassing... on 10:20 - Jan 9 with 730 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing... on 10:18 - Jan 9 by lifelong

I thought Pireo should have scored when he was put through one on one with their keeper.

Why such a short reply .
Why not reply appropriately.

#You are clearly happy with how we are.

True Jacks are.

Arent they

Embarrassing... on 10:22 - Jan 9 with 730 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 10:20 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

Why such a short reply .

True Jacks are.

Arent they

I thought Cullen should have done better with the chance he had.
Embarrassing... on 10:26 - Jan 9 with 720 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing... on 10:22 - Jan 9 by lifelong

I thought Cullen should have done better with the chance he had.

Why is Cullen with us yet Whittaker not.
On his first appearance away,he scores.
He scored against Man City

He scored a hat trick then was benched

This tells you all you need to know

Embarrassing... on 10:26 - Jan 9 with 724 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Embarrassing... on 10:18 - Jan 9 by lifelong

For me, he should have squared it left for Dhanda, I understand why he didn't (as Dhanda's "run" was so slow) but that was the intelligent thing to do and he should have been getting the shout to do that. Would have been an open goal for Dhanda.

The fact the the "expert" pundits on the BBC didn't even mention that was an option, instead focusing on his miss, tells it's own story.

He was aware of a player on his left, that's why he shot it low to that corner, there was a good chance the keeper's save would knock it in front of Dhanda.

Piroe:
Is a quality centre-forward who will probably be snapped up this window.
We created 2 opportunities for him in over 80 mins against 10 men.
He hit the target twice, 1 goal, 1 save.
He is not the reason we lost that game, we are lucky to have him.

Embarrassing... on 10:32 - Jan 9 with 710 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing... on 10:26 - Jan 9 by Ajack_Kerouac

For me, he should have squared it left for Dhanda, I understand why he didn't (as Dhanda's "run" was so slow) but that was the intelligent thing to do and he should have been getting the shout to do that. Would have been an open goal for Dhanda.

The fact the the "expert" pundits on the BBC didn't even mention that was an option, instead focusing on his miss, tells it's own story.

He was aware of a player on his left, that's why he shot it low to that corner, there was a good chance the keeper's save would knock it in front of Dhanda.

Piroe:

When Piroe goes ,just who takes over although it seems Russ doesnt like strikers really.

Embarrassing... on 10:33 - Jan 9 with 714 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 10:26 - Jan 9 by Ajack_Kerouac

Piroe:

I agree about Pireo, the point I am trying to make is that we had, and created, plenty of chances to win that game yesterday.
Embarrassing... on 10:37 - Jan 9 with 705 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 10:20 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

Why such a short reply .

True Jacks are.

Arent they

Why don’t you try and stop telling me what to do?
Embarrassing... on 10:38 - Jan 9 with 700 viewsonehunglow

But we didn't and we didnt because we are badly coached and are disorganised.

We replicate mistakes ,the very same ones every time,the worst being conceding after scoring.

Downes is a lad I feel for as he is being wasted and will want away as will Piroe. This cannot go on and we have to bite the belt an face it;we are stuck with Martn and somehow have to survive.I do not think we can.We can sink like a stone as other managers gorge on Martin's arrogance and Derby could survive miraculously. Barnsley can score goals and Posh will fight too . Hull pushed Everton yesterday and it took a super strike to beat them. Cardiff will muscle their way out of the dodoo.

Be fearful folks or at least wake up.

We dont deserve this.

Embarrassing... on 10:38 - Jan 9 with 704 viewsAjack_Kerouac

Embarrassing... on 10:33 - Jan 9 by lifelong

I agree about Pireo, the point I am trying to make is that we had, and created, plenty of chances to win that game yesterday.

With respect, we created 3 chances (2 for Piroe, 1 for Cullen) and scored 1 of them.
1 goal from 3 chances is quite efficient actually.

Problem 1 is that despite having all the ball for so long against 10 men, we only created 3 chances.
Problem 2 is that we play without a defence.
Problem 3 is the square pegs in round holes;
- full backs as wingers
- defensive midfielders as no. 10s
- midfielders in defence
- defenders as full-backs

B-A-S-I-C-S

Embarrassing... on 10:40 - Jan 9 with 697 viewsonehunglow

Embarrassing... on 10:37 - Jan 9 by lifelong

Why don’t you try and stop telling me what to do?

I am reminding you of this site's regulations
Not to insult or abuse and to keep to topic.

Thank you.

Embarrassing... on 10:47 - Jan 9 with 687 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 10:40 - Jan 9 by onehunglow

I am reminding you of this site's regulations
Not to insult or abuse and to keep to topic.

Thank you.

That’s all you do on here is insult and abuse.

Go away.
Embarrassing... on 10:51 - Jan 9 with 683 viewslifelong

Embarrassing... on 10:38 - Jan 9 by Ajack_Kerouac

With respect, we created 3 chances (2 for Piroe, 1 for Cullen) and scored 1 of them.
1 goal from 3 chances is quite efficient actually.

Problem 1 is that despite having all the ball for so long against 10 men, we only created 3 chances.
Problem 2 is that we play without a defence.
Problem 3 is the square pegs in round holes;
- full backs as wingers
- defensive midfielders as no. 10s
- midfielders in defence
- defenders as full-backs

B-A-S-I-C-S

We scored 2 goals and had 18 attempts on goal.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024