Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Winter chap, 23:08 - Oct 14 with 3784 viewsbuilthjack

Is he mute ?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Winter chap, on 10:38 - Oct 15 with 2064 viewsonehunglow

Mute is a word that is now deemed offensive.

Like dumb

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

The Winter chap, on 10:46 - Oct 15 with 2063 viewssP7qupUf

The Winter chap, on 10:38 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

Mute is a word that is now deemed offensive.

Like dumb

Yes, yet another ridiculous attack on the English language by people who put themselves up as speaking on behalf of the masses.
The Winter chap, on 11:00 - Oct 15 with 2052 viewstheloneranger

Why talk??

When you can text someone!!

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The Winter chap, on 11:14 - Oct 15 with 2044 viewsonehunglow

I had this pointed out to me when I spoke of somebody who was blind-now visually impaired.
I am quite deaf but I am told people should refer to me as having hearing loss-that's why Im deaf.Innit

The Winter chap, on 16:07 - Oct 15 with 1953 viewsbuilthjack

The Winter chap, on 10:46 - Oct 15 by sP7qupUf

Yes, yet another ridiculous attack on the English language by people who put themselves up as speaking on behalf of the masses.

Mute - Refraining from speech, or temporary speechless.
Thats what the dictionary says. So i would say he could be mute.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

The Winter chap, on 16:09 - Oct 15 with 1951 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Winter chap, on 11:14 - Oct 15 by onehunglow

I had this pointed out to me when I spoke of somebody who was blind-now visually impaired.
I am quite deaf but I am told people should refer to me as having hearing loss-that's why Im deaf.Innit

'Dumbstruck' is a better presumably less contencious word. Winter is in the middle of tough negiociations and should not be expected to give a running commentary. There are no indications that he is a soft touch for "arch negiociator" Levy. The man who sold Sigurdson to Swansea for £10m. Kedwell is the type of player Swansea should be signing not Wilson. Why have a recruitment group if he cannot uncover lower league and European gems.

Wise sage since Toshack era

The Winter chap, on 11:18 - Oct 17 with 1806 viewsKeithHaynes

The Winter chap, on 16:09 - Oct 15 by ReslovenSwan1

'Dumbstruck' is a better presumably less contencious word. Winter is in the middle of tough negiociations and should not be expected to give a running commentary. There are no indications that he is a soft touch for "arch negiociator" Levy. The man who sold Sigurdson to Swansea for £10m. Kedwell is the type of player Swansea should be signing not Wilson. Why have a recruitment group if he cannot uncover lower league and European gems.

So busy he had no time to talk.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

The Winter chap, on 14:07 - Oct 17 with 1765 viewsMuteswan

No he is not me.
Login to get fewer ads

The Winter chap, on 20:59 - Oct 17 with 1683 viewsQJumpingJack

He gave a 2 page update in the Huddersfield programme today.
The Winter chap, on 10:27 - Oct 19 with 1570 viewsChief

The Winter chap, on 20:59 - Oct 17 by QJumpingJack

He gave a 2 page update in the Huddersfield programme today.

'2 page' is a bold statement. Half of the first page is picture of Winter, half of the 2nd page is an advert for a shutter&blinds company. Also to pad it out is a picture of the pitch and also a list of the project big picture proposals.

Also to call it an 'update' is bold. Doesn't actually update us on anything going on at the club.

But it's something I suppose.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Winter chap, on 10:49 - Oct 19 with 1552 viewsMartinSwan

I don’t rate Winter, however he can’t give a running commentary on the negotiations.

That said I not sure the initial request was for a running commentary, just an update. So that shouldnt be difficult.

Not sure what the issue is about the word mute. If someone doesn’t like it don’t use it, but telling someone else they can’t use it is inappropriate and unacceptable. There are a few words that are insulting as they were always intended to demean and insult. Mute isn’t one of them.

I do wonder if anyone has actually read 1984 and Animal Farm. As anyone who starts telling others what words can and cannot be used are taking the side of Big Brother and demonstrating a worrying use and acceptance of totalitarianism.
The Winter chap, on 10:52 - Oct 19 with 1548 viewsonehunglow

The Winter chap, on 10:49 - Oct 19 by MartinSwan

I don’t rate Winter, however he can’t give a running commentary on the negotiations.

That said I not sure the initial request was for a running commentary, just an update. So that shouldnt be difficult.

Not sure what the issue is about the word mute. If someone doesn’t like it don’t use it, but telling someone else they can’t use it is inappropriate and unacceptable. There are a few words that are insulting as they were always intended to demean and insult. Mute isn’t one of them.

I do wonder if anyone has actually read 1984 and Animal Farm. As anyone who starts telling others what words can and cannot be used are taking the side of Big Brother and demonstrating a worrying use and acceptance of totalitarianism.

Im afraid deaf mute is most definately not a phrase to use thee days.

The Winter chap, on 11:07 - Oct 19 with 1545 viewsMartinSwan

What is wrong with Deaf Mute, it describes someone who can’t hear and can’t speak.

If you don’t like it don’t use it, but you have no authority to tell anyone else what words they use. If you don’t understand how dangerous doing that is I suggest you read “1984” and “A day in the life of Ivan Denisovich”
The Winter chap, on 11:18 - Oct 19 with 1537 viewsonehunglow

Morn.

First,don’t assume what I’ve read or what I’ve not.

I’m telling you that mute is seen as offensive. I may not see it as such but it is. Try it.

We do not refer to people anymore as deaf and dumb

Even blindness is now visually impaired.

I suggest you burn those old books especially the class war witterings of Mr Blair

The Winter chap, on 11:34 - Oct 19 with 1529 viewsMartinSwan

The Winter chap, on 11:18 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Morn.

I’m telling you that mute is seen as offensive. I may not see it as such but it is. Try it.

I suggest you burn those old books especially the class war witterings of Mr Blair

You may believe Mute is offensive, but that doesn’t make it so. You can use the alternatives if you want but you still have no right to tell anyone else what words they can use.

If you feel offended you can say so, but that is just You feeling offended and you have no right to impose your opinion on anyone else. To do so is being totalitarian.

I don’t assume what you have read, but would point out Eric Blair only wrote one of the books in my last post.
The Winter chap, on 12:41 - Oct 19 with 1498 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Winter chap, on 11:34 - Oct 19 by MartinSwan

You may believe Mute is offensive, but that doesn’t make it so. You can use the alternatives if you want but you still have no right to tell anyone else what words they can use.

If you feel offended you can say so, but that is just You feeling offended and you have no right to impose your opinion on anyone else. To do so is being totalitarian.

I don’t assume what you have read, but would point out Eric Blair only wrote one of the books in my last post.

I think you can look at it in another way. "Is Mr X mute?"

This could be wriiten " It Mr X physically disabled?" When you know he is not disabled it could be cnsidered a little bit disrespectful.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:24]

The Winter chap, on 13:11 - Oct 19 with 1483 viewsMartinSwan

The Winter chap, on 12:41 - Oct 19 by ReslovenSwan1

I think you can look at it in another way. "Is Mr X mute?"

This could be wriiten " It Mr X physically disabled?" When you know he is not disabled it could be cnsidered a little bit disrespectful.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:24]

You will have to ask builthjack, how he meant the statement. I have my opinion you will have yours.

The use of the word mute is fine and helpful, as far as I can see, If he had wanted to say physically disabled he could have but it would have confused most people about what was meant whereas by using the word mute it was perfectly clear what was meant.

Based on the texting debacle and no information coming out on what was happening with regards transfers, IMO it was an attempt at sarcasm regarding Winter’s ability to communicate. You might not like the humour but perfectly acceptable imo.
The Winter chap, on 13:17 - Oct 19 with 1479 viewsChief

The Winter chap, on 13:11 - Oct 19 by MartinSwan

You will have to ask builthjack, how he meant the statement. I have my opinion you will have yours.

The use of the word mute is fine and helpful, as far as I can see, If he had wanted to say physically disabled he could have but it would have confused most people about what was meant whereas by using the word mute it was perfectly clear what was meant.

Based on the texting debacle and no information coming out on what was happening with regards transfers, IMO it was an attempt at sarcasm regarding Winter’s ability to communicate. You might not like the humour but perfectly acceptable imo.

I wasn't really looking for an update on the transfer negotiations, his piece was written before deadline day&this game was only a day after the window shut - maybe he'll give us some insight into deadline day transfer dealings in the future.

But there are several issues he could have given us some information on. Maybe he will in future.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

The Winter chap, on 13:21 - Oct 19 with 1475 viewsJack11

Linked to this, there is quite a bit of movement in this area with words that will be disappearing, certainly from workplace speak. There are words that have negative connotations linked to the word black. E.g to blacklist something or to blackmail someone. Whereas to be on a whitelist is a good thing. Then you have the phrase Master, to master something suggests only a male can do it. Nice work if you get it in a HR role. Equality and inclusion, apparently. Bigger fish to fry, I’d say.
The Winter chap, on 13:31 - Oct 19 with 1461 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Winter to Birch transfer involves a switch from Chairman to CEO. The Chairman is what it says on the tin and he is duty bound to be reasonable and equitable to all members on the board including the silent man from the Trust. He does not communicate at all.

I have not doubt the Trust are seen as an irritating pain in the neck and Birch went out of his way to smooze them and butter up the fans. Winter it seems will not do this and it may habour a change of approach.

The Trust have demanded to know the reason for the board room change and the long term strategy of the club. The club can ask the same of the Trust who have been considering to take other members of the board to court and did not show up for mediation according to the US people. They have been considering legal action for a very long time.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:44]

The Winter chap, on 13:40 - Oct 19 with 1456 viewsvetchonian

just call him Tommy!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Winter chap, on 13:54 - Oct 19 with 1440 viewsvetchonian

The Winter chap, on 13:31 - Oct 19 by ReslovenSwan1

The Winter to Birch transfer involves a switch from Chairman to CEO. The Chairman is what it says on the tin and he is duty bound to be reasonable and equitable to all members on the board including the silent man from the Trust. He does not communicate at all.

I have not doubt the Trust are seen as an irritating pain in the neck and Birch went out of his way to smooze them and butter up the fans. Winter it seems will not do this and it may habour a change of approach.

The Trust have demanded to know the reason for the board room change and the long term strategy of the club. The club can ask the same of the Trust who have been considering to take other members of the board to court and did not show up for mediation according to the US people. They have been considering legal action for a very long time.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 13:44]

I think you will find it was the previous sellouts those who you defend so vigorously who did not turn up to mediation!

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Winter chap, on 14:51 - Oct 19 with 1416 viewsReslovenSwan1

The Winter chap, on 13:54 - Oct 19 by vetchonian

I think you will find it was the previous sellouts those who you defend so vigorously who did not turn up to mediation!

I actually also consider the other sides point of view and share them on here for some semblence of balance. I read that two US people flew over for mediation meeting but the Trust did not accept them as approprate people to deal with and declined to attend. Written in the Daily Mail from coment from the lawyers of the US people.

The US people that run the club and are responsible for the team and team managers. It is they who have loaned money to the club while the millionaire fans body has no money due to mismanagement of their asset and failure to put any of their shares up for sale in the PL.

They are also prepared to leave the club for deacades with a dubious claim of wanting to return to save the club down the line. Only a mug would believe that one. They are prepared to give away upto half of their holding in legal fees and charges.
[Post edited 19 Oct 2020 15:11]

The Winter chap, on 15:42 - Oct 19 with 1385 viewsonehunglow

Why is it we still cannot move on as a fan base.

Truly,we deserve all this crap as we are so utterly insular and parochial.

The Winter chap, on 16:08 - Oct 19 with 1377 viewsbuilthjack

The Winter chap, on 11:18 - Oct 19 by onehunglow

Morn.

I hope you have thrown your tv, sky, and dvd controls away if they say mute on them

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024