Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan Striker 15:47 - Sep 1 with 14050 viewsDubaiR

Any rumours on who this? Seen a few times we are hoping to complete a loan signing in next couple of days but not heard any names.
Loan Striker on 18:42 - Sep 3 with 2549 viewsderbyhoop

Loan Striker on 16:38 - Sep 3 by switchingcode

👍not a problem as they say they can put me on ignore and I have done the same with them I understand some fans don’t like visitors some are the same on our forum.

I dont get the issue with fans of another clubs. As long as people are civil. And that applies both ways

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loan Striker on 18:57 - Sep 3 with 2451 viewsBlackCrowe

Loan Striker on 18:42 - Sep 3 by derbyhoop

I dont get the issue with fans of another clubs. As long as people are civil. And that applies both ways

Exactly this. I like and welcome visiting fans, unless they're here to troll which i don't think is. Unless he's here on loan?

Poll: Kitchen threads or polls?

Loan Striker on 22:37 - Sep 3 with 1985 viewswombat

Loan Striker on 18:57 - Sep 3 by BlackCrowe

Exactly this. I like and welcome visiting fans, unless they're here to troll which i don't think is. Unless he's here on loan?

It’s the ever so slightly pompous tone that gets me

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Loan Striker on 23:17 - Sep 3 with 1871 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loan Striker on 18:42 - Sep 3 by derbyhoop

Ah, I don't dislike him/her in any way. It's just a bit preachy sometimes and every thread seems to get derailed. Konk's the business and I know it's unfair to expect everyone to be like His Royal Konkness, but he has humour and is laid back. I just find the preachy thing a bit boring with switchingcode, no more than that.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loan Striker on 23:29 - Sep 3 with 1826 viewsDavieQPR

It just shows what crepe their home forums must be to try and invoke a conversation on someone else's forum.
Loan Striker on 23:33 - Sep 3 with 1819 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loan Striker on 23:29 - Sep 3 by DavieQPR

It just shows what crepe their home forums must be to try and invoke a conversation on someone else's forum.

You’ve just reminded me I have some Pancake batter and some Nutella left over.
Loan Striker on 23:37 - Sep 3 with 1809 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loan Striker on 23:33 - Sep 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

I'm on a bottle of Primitivo and some Roquefort.

I figure the cheese-induced nightmares will be outfought by the slumber of the wine.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loan Striker on 00:25 - Sep 4 with 1745 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loan Striker on 23:37 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I'm on a bottle of Primitivo and some Roquefort.

I figure the cheese-induced nightmares will be outfought by the slumber of the wine.

Crepes, Roqfort, and wine. Is this a Fulham forum?
[Post edited 4 Sep 2020 0:26]
Login to get fewer ads

Loan Striker on 00:32 - Sep 4 with 1733 viewsSydneyRs

Loan Striker on 22:37 - Sep 3 by wombat

It’s the ever so slightly pompous tone that gets me

Its an inferiority complex. I'm familiar with it as Australians are exactly the same about all things England/Britain. Obsessed even when it has nothing to do with them.
Loan Striker on 02:20 - Sep 4 with 1645 viewsHooparoo

Loan Striker on 00:32 - Sep 4 by SydneyRs

Its an inferiority complex. I'm familiar with it as Australians are exactly the same about all things England/Britain. Obsessed even when it has nothing to do with them.

Maybe you should try living somewhere other than Sydney. More w@nkers per square kilometre in Sydney than anywhere else in Oz. Try Brisbane. Queenslanders don’t take themselves too seriously as it’s too hot to get uptight about anything or anyone. 😉

Poll: Where will we finish up next season?

Loan Striker on 03:50 - Sep 4 with 1602 viewstimcocking

They did ask me, i'm pretty sure it's just because of my name, though.
Loan Striker on 04:05 - Sep 4 with 1597 viewsLoftgirl

Loan Striker on 02:20 - Sep 4 by Hooparoo

Maybe you should try living somewhere other than Sydney. More w@nkers per square kilometre in Sydney than anywhere else in Oz. Try Brisbane. Queenslanders don’t take themselves too seriously as it’s too hot to get uptight about anything or anyone. 😉

I live in Redcliffe and I think I hear more English accents than Australian.
Loan Striker on 05:55 - Sep 4 with 1527 viewsSydneyRs

Loan Striker on 02:20 - Sep 4 by Hooparoo

It's more the media than the average person to be fair but it's cringeworthy.
Loan Striker on 06:17 - Sep 4 with 1511 viewsLadbrokeR

Loan Striker on 16:15 - Sep 3 by PlanetHonneywood

I still don’t understand why, if you support one team, you’d want to spend your time on a messageboard of anyone else.

I can just about understand the Brentford blokes’ need, but if you’re someone like Konk - who doesn’t seem unhinged: what do you get out of it?

There’s a question.
Loan Striker on 06:31 - Sep 4 with 1477 viewsdistortR

Loan Striker on 23:33 - Sep 3 by BazzaInTheLoft

yuk
Loan Striker on 06:55 - Sep 4 with 1426 viewsnix

Loan Striker on 23:17 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Ah, I don't dislike him/her in any way. It's just a bit preachy sometimes and every thread seems to get derailed. Konk's the business and I know it's unfair to expect everyone to be like His Royal Konkness, but he has humour and is laid back. I just find the preachy thing a bit boring with switchingcode, no more than that.

I'm afraid that's what gets my goat too. We're having a bit of gentle bantz about our local rivals, and maybe slightly exaggerating for comic effect; SC ago tell us we're getting it all wrong because of x,y,z. The mood is killed as poster after poster gets drawn into the non-existent debate. It's predictable and tedious.

Konk as a supreme example of how to behave on another fans' MB : never does this; offers his opinions but doesn't claim as fact, makes no goady comments (like congratulating his team as being the second coming all the time) and is insightful and witty.
Loan Striker on 07:21 - Sep 4 with 1375 viewsjeffranger

Thought this was about a loan striker topic? But it’s now gone onto something ridiculous, this site is unbelievable
Loan Striker on 07:53 - Sep 4 with 1318 viewsNushnool

Loan Striker on 07:21 - Sep 4 by jeffranger

Thought this was about a loan striker topic? But it’s now gone onto something ridiculous, this site is unbelievable

This is as a result of Godwin’s lesser-known 2nd law: no matter the forum or discussion, eventually a Brentford fan will come on to let you know how good their team’s signing have been.
Loan Striker on 07:53 - Sep 4 with 1315 viewsPhildo

Loan Striker on 07:21 - Sep 4 by jeffranger

That is my fault for calling something out that was off topic and for that I apologise.

I like other clubs fans posting on here- there was an Oxford one the other day and all hail Konk who is one of my favourite posters.

Re my original post I was trying to call out a pattern that maybe only my tortured brain was seeing. Namely that we would have a thread about something Rs related and that poster would reply with some faint praise of what we are doing whilst slipping in that Brentford are better because of XYZ or that the thing we were thinking of doing was wrong. In this case a faint implication that a player we were vaguely linked with- ex bees - was a bit of a party boy could only play as a lone stiker and a number of managers had not got much out of him after he left the Hounslow bus stop- but yeah we should go for him.

When younger I used to go to the odd Brentford game when we were away- it was a thing a lot did at that time. I tended to look out for there results as I did with Fulham too as a fair few mates were Fulham fans. The only lot I really disliked at that time were the knuckle draggers and Liverpool (who were winning everything at the time). The dislike of us simply did not exhibit at Brentford at that time (80s). I think it has been manufactured as part of the Benham club building exercise.

Brian - as always- was right- I should have just blocked them and jogged on.

Anyway any news on a loan striker?
Loan Striker on 08:33 - Sep 4 with 1200 viewsBazzaInTheLoft

Loan Striker on 06:31 - Sep 4 by distortR

yuk

I can’t stand it either, but thought it would enhance my Middle Class credentials.
Loan Striker on 09:46 - Sep 4 with 1084 viewsderbyhoop

Loan Striker on 07:53 - Sep 4 by Phildo

That is my fault for calling something out that was off topic and for that I apologise.

I like other clubs fans posting on here- there was an Oxford one the other day and all hail Konk who is one of my favourite posters.

Re my original post I was trying to call out a pattern that maybe only my tortured brain was seeing. Namely that we would have a thread about something Rs related and that poster would reply with some faint praise of what we are doing whilst slipping in that Brentford are better because of XYZ or that the thing we were thinking of doing was wrong. In this case a faint implication that a player we were vaguely linked with- ex bees - was a bit of a party boy could only play as a lone stiker and a number of managers had not got much out of him after he left the Hounslow bus stop- but yeah we should go for him.

When younger I used to go to the odd Brentford game when we were away- it was a thing a lot did at that time. I tended to look out for there results as I did with Fulham too as a fair few mates were Fulham fans. The only lot I really disliked at that time were the knuckle draggers and Liverpool (who were winning everything at the time). The dislike of us simply did not exhibit at Brentford at that time (80s). I think it has been manufactured as part of the Benham club building exercise.

Brian - as always- was right- I should have just blocked them and jogged on.

Anyway any news on a loan striker?

Nathan Holland, from West Ham was the most recent name I heard bandied about.
PNE are supposedly after Keinan Davies from Villa. That wouldn't be a bad shout for us. Better than Scott Hogan at about half the cost.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Loan Striker on 10:25 - Sep 4 with 986 viewsSydneyRs

Loan Striker on 06:55 - Sep 4 by nix

I'm afraid that's what gets my goat too. We're having a bit of gentle bantz about our local rivals, and maybe slightly exaggerating for comic effect; SC ago tell us we're getting it all wrong because of x,y,z. The mood is killed as poster after poster gets drawn into the non-existent debate. It's predictable and tedious.

Konk as a supreme example of how to behave on another fans' MB : never does this; offers his opinions but doesn't claim as fact, makes no goady comments (like congratulating his team as being the second coming all the time) and is insightful and witty.

And he manages to be this decent even though his team have actually won playoffs and he's seen them play in the top flight
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024