Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Loan Striker 15:47 - Sep 1 with 14033 viewsDubaiR

Any rumours on who this? Seen a few times we are hoping to complete a loan signing in next couple of days but not heard any names.
Loan Striker on 12:15 - Sep 2 with 4416 viewsDavieQPR

Loan Striker on 11:42 - Sep 2 by DannyPaddox

Leon Striker - never heard of him.

Btw: seriously what’s the going-rate for cracked phone-screen repairs?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 11:45]

Without knowing make or screen size how long is a piece of string. There are two types though. A local shop shop can arrange replacement and will be cheaper but it will invalidate any manufacturers warranties.
Loan Striker on 13:03 - Sep 2 with 4205 viewsChrisNW6

Loan Striker on 11:36 - Sep 2 by 18StoneOfHoop

David Icke and Piers Corbyn believe many things too.
Doesn't mean they're right.
R U genuinely bona fide ITK or is your sauce pure invention,Chris NW6?
[Post edited 2 Sep 2020 11:38]

Sauce is pure 100% internet guess work on the wage front. Been an admirer of Scott Hogans work since his Rochdale days.
Loan Striker on 13:29 - Sep 2 with 4087 viewsMyke

Loan Striker on 17:39 - Sep 1 by billericaydicky

I've seen Scott Hogan's name mentioned.

Of all the names mentioned I think this is the more likely as he worked with Warburton before. Was on a hot streak at Birmingham before lock-down (including against us) but didn't do well after (in fairness nobody at Birmingham did). Have mixed views, if the manager can get the best out of him it would be a good deal, but I've seen him play for Ireland as if he had never even seen a football before, never mind played the game professionally
Loan Striker on 21:27 - Sep 2 with 3471 viewsswitchingcode

Loan Striker on 10:13 - Sep 2 by ChrisNW6

Scott Hogan would be a great fit and his scoring record is pretty good. I think he would be a crowd favourite and Warbs would get the best out of him.

Not impressed with any of the other names being mentioned.

What makes you think Warburton would get the best out of him?
Loan Striker on 22:00 - Sep 2 with 3367 viewsDWQPR

Loan Striker on 21:27 - Sep 2 by switchingcode

Because he’s not a Fûcking defender.

Now haven’t you got to check your uniform still fits. Shuffle along now. Ta

Poll: Where will Clive put QPR in his new season preview

Loan Striker on 22:18 - Sep 2 with 3257 viewsswitchingcode

Loan Striker on 22:00 - Sep 2 by DWQPR

What a stupid reply
Loan Striker on 22:25 - Sep 2 with 3258 viewsdixiedean

Loan Striker on 22:00 - Sep 2 by DWQPR

Beware the Hounslow trolls. Then maybe they’ll go back to their own dull forum . Christ , imagine being stuck in a lift with one of this lot . They’d bore you to death.🥱🥱
Loan Striker on 22:32 - Sep 2 with 3182 viewsswitchingcode

Loan Striker on 22:25 - Sep 2 by dixiedean

Beware the Hounslow trolls. Then maybe they’ll go back to their own dull forum . Christ , imagine being stuck in a lift with one of this lot . They’d bore you to death.🥱🥱

See the tough guys are out tonight sad people
Login to get fewer ads

Loan Striker on 22:44 - Sep 2 with 3168 viewsdanehoop

I think the number of goals that we scored last year probably gives a fairly good steer.

Never knowingly understood

Loan Striker on 22:51 - Sep 2 with 3143 viewsCiderwithRsie

Loan Striker on 21:27 - Sep 2 by switchingcode

He didn't play much under Warbs at Brentford, but he did pretty well for you in a side that plays not unlike the way Warburton seems to like. It seems plausible enough to me.

More to the point, what do you reckon to him?

(BTW since we've signed an actual real live striker of our own, and we generally set up with a lone striker, I'd expect a loan player to be here mainly as cover, and I'm not convinced Hogan fits that bill, unless it's with a view to an eventual signing option)
Loan Striker (n/t) on 09:56 - Sep 3 with 2729 viewsswitchingcode

Loan Striker on 22:51 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

He didn't play much under Warbs at Brentford, but he did pretty well for you in a side that plays not unlike the way Warburton seems to like. It seems plausible enough to me.

(BTW since we've signed an actual real live striker of our own, and we generally set up with a lone striker, I'd expect a loan player to be here mainly as cover, and I'm not convinced Hogan fits that bill, unless it's with a view to an eventual signing option)

Loan Striker on 10:04 - Sep 3 with 2721 viewsBrianMcCarthy

If we loan a lone striker he'll be our lone loan striker, but a lone striker doesn't have to be a loan striker.

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Loan Striker on 10:14 - Sep 3 with 2674 viewsPhildo

Loan Striker on 10:04 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

If we loan a lone striker he'll be our lone loan striker, but a lone striker doesn't have to be a loan striker.

will that be our only loan or will we loan only one striker to play the lonely own striker role?
Loan Striker on 10:14 - Sep 3 with 2640 viewsswitchingcode

Loan Striker on 22:51 - Sep 2 by CiderwithRsie

Yes as you say he got a serious injury after a few games and had to wait 2 seasons before getting a run of games under Dean Smith.When he joined I saw a video of the goals he scored for Rochdale and I know some of these can be flattering but I was excited about him joining as he scored all types of goals with both feet and head.His injury led to Andre Gray who was signed as back up striker getting games and launching his career.
The point I was trying to make was since he left us (21 goals in 33 games )he has played under Steve Bruce Chris Wilder Dean Smith Michael O’Neil and Clotet and none were able to get a tune out of him not a dig at Warburton,During his short but impressive time with us he was played as the loan striker and we were very predictable and wonder if we would have eventually got sussed out.We don’t play that way anymore so wouldn’t suit us but if you got a chance of a cheap loan I’d definately take a punt.His wages are said to be 40 k a week and when he left us I know he paid for an end of season bash in Vegas for most of his former team mates.I think he could be in his final year of his contract with Villa.
Loan Striker on 10:28 - Sep 3 with 2603 viewsPhildo

Loan Striker on 10:14 - Sep 3 by switchingcode

Yes as you say he got a serious injury after a few games and had to wait 2 seasons before getting a run of games under Dean Smith.When he joined I saw a video of the goals he scored for Rochdale and I know some of these can be flattering but I was excited about him joining as he scored all types of goals with both feet and head.His injury led to Andre Gray who was signed as back up striker getting games and launching his career.
The point I was trying to make was since he left us (21 goals in 33 games )he has played under Steve Bruce Chris Wilder Dean Smith Michael O’Neil and Clotet and none were able to get a tune out of him not a dig at Warburton,During his short but impressive time with us he was played as the loan striker and we were very predictable and wonder if we would have eventually got sussed out.We don’t play that way anymore so wouldn’t suit us but if you got a chance of a cheap loan I’d definately take a punt.His wages are said to be 40 k a week and when he left us I know he paid for an end of season bash in Vegas for most of his former team mates.I think he could be in his final year of his contract with Villa.

A classic of the Spartak genre- lukewarm endorsement followed by several sly digs. We must be getting them worried.
Loan Striker on 10:44 - Sep 3 with 2529 viewsswitchingcode

Loan Striker on 10:28 - Sep 3 by Phildo

A classic of the Spartak genre- lukewarm endorsement followed by several sly digs. We must be getting them worried.

Jesus wept where is the sly dig ?just answering the question regarding lone striker something we don’t do.Why would I be worried please explain.
Loan Striker on 10:58 - Sep 3 with 2502 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loan Striker on 10:28 - Sep 3 by Phildo

I put him on ignore for the same thing, Phildo. Gone beyond boring a long time ago.

Loan Striker on 15:36 - Sep 3 with 2201 viewsfrancisbowles

Loan Striker on 10:58 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

I put him on ignore for the same thing, Phildo. Gone beyond boring a long time ago.

I think Switchingcode is alright and I think that he has been coming on here for longer than the other two Bees fans who do go on a bit.

Like Konk with Fulham, it is good to have an occasional reasonable and objective opinion from outside and an opportunity to discuss both our nearest neighbours when we want or need to.

Switchingcode has never come on here and gloated and my word, he has had opportunities.
Loan Striker on 16:00 - Sep 3 with 2079 viewsBrianMcCarthy

Loan Striker on 15:36 - Sep 3 by francisbowles

I think Switchingcode is alright and I think that he has been coming on here for longer than the other two Bees fans who do go on a bit.

Like Konk with Fulham, it is good to have an occasional reasonable and objective opinion from outside and an opportunity to discuss both our nearest neighbours when we want or need to.

Switchingcode has never come on here and gloated and my word, he has had opportunities.

Nah!

Loan Striker on 16:10 - Sep 3 with 2014 viewsdanehoop

Loan Striker on 10:44 - Sep 3 by switchingcode

Jesus wept where is the sly dig ?just answering the question regarding lone striker something we don’t do.Why would I be worried please explain.

Why should you be worried?

I'm going to start with Corona Virus, Global Warming, BREXIT, US Election Outcomes...

I could on, but they seem fairly chunky reasons to kick off with

Never knowingly understood

Loan Striker on 16:15 - Sep 3 with 1985 viewsPlanetHonneywood

I still don’t understand why, if you support one team, you’d want to spend your time on a messageboard of anyone else.

I can just about understand the Brentford blokes’ need, but if you’re someone like Konk - who doesn’t seem unhinged: what do you get out of it?

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Loan Striker on 16:30 - Sep 3 with 1918 viewsDavieQPR

Closet Rangers?
Loan Striker on 16:38 - Sep 3 with 1860 viewsswitchingcode

👍not a problem as they say they can put me on ignore and I have done the same with them I understand some fans don’t like visitors some are the same on our forum.
Loan Striker on 16:43 - Sep 3 with 1853 viewsenfieldargh

Loan Striker on 10:04 - Sep 3 by BrianMcCarthy

Will you be my bank manager please?

captains fantastic
Poll: QPR V BURNLEY WIN DRAW DEFEAT

Loan Striker on 17:32 - Sep 3 with 1688 viewswombat

Loan Striker on 16:43 - Sep 3 by enfieldargh

Will you be my bank manager please?

Maybe he’s not liked in the bees forum as well , just a thought .

Poll: which is your favouite foot

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024