Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa 12:47 - Aug 13 with 19303 viewsEasternJack

Roque Mesa was an unused substitute this weekend as the Swans kicked off the new season with a goalless draw at Southampton.

And Clement explained that he wants to give the 28-year-old, who arrived in an £11 million deal last month, the opportunity to come to terms with the challenges of English football.

“Roque Mesa is a really good player and he is going to be a good player for this team,”

“But it’s going to take him a little bit of time to adapt to the tempo of this league because he has been playing in La Liga.

“I have worked in La Liga and I know the difference. In La Liga you get time on the ball to play, especially in midfield.

“But over here it’s very different. You don’t get that time and space to play because of the tempo.

“Roque will get used to that, but it’s going to take him a bit of time.”

“If we get players in, it will be good if they have a bit of Premier League experience,”

---
Thankfully that kills the Viera link, but probably reinforces the Joey, Bony and Chadli deals once/if Siggy goes

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:10 - Aug 13 with 1797 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 18:59 - Aug 13 by Flashberryjack

How the f*ck do you bed a player in ( a £11 million player mind) by getting himm to sit on the bench for 90 minutes.....what a load of old bboolloxx.

Clements need to grow a pair.

You don't. You bed him in by giving him 20-30 minutes, then you increase it. I'm sure Clement didn't plan on playing Leon for 90 and highly doubt the original plan was to replace him with Fulton. I'm guessing he just reacted to how the game was going. If he thinks Fulton gives us a better chance of a result, then that's the change he has to make.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:11 - Aug 13 with 1797 viewsunion_jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:01 - Aug 13 by Flashberryjack

I would have thought friendlies and coming off the bench would be the best way to bed a player in.

I fail to see how keeping a player on the bench helps to bed him into the team.

It doesn't, but it needs to be the right game to build and maintain the confidence.

I do agree with the friendlies but there may have been other reasons, I know not what, that kept him sidelined.

But I'm not buying into any conspiracy theory just yet.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Aug 13 with 1778 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:11 - Aug 13 by union_jack

It doesn't, but it needs to be the right game to build and maintain the confidence.

I do agree with the friendlies but there may have been other reasons, I know not what, that kept him sidelined.

But I'm not buying into any conspiracy theory just yet.

The friendlies get players match fitness up and get them used to their team mates. They don't replicate the pace or intensity of a PL game.

I'm not sure why he wasn't given longer against Sampdoria though.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:26 - Aug 13 with 1757 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Aug 13 by jack247

The friendlies get players match fitness up and get them used to their team mates. They don't replicate the pace or intensity of a PL game.

You're not making sense full stop.

You're trying to paint a rosy picture over something that's already a bit more worrying than that.

Best hope we don't go in for Messi in the future.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:38 - Aug 13 with 1729 viewskarnataka

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:10 - Aug 13 by jack247

You don't. You bed him in by giving him 20-30 minutes, then you increase it. I'm sure Clement didn't plan on playing Leon for 90 and highly doubt the original plan was to replace him with Fulton. I'm guessing he just reacted to how the game was going. If he thinks Fulton gives us a better chance of a result, then that's the change he has to make.

It's so nice to read a simple oasis of common sense in amongst all the inflammatory assumptions, outrageous invention and conspiracy theories. Thanks jack247.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:40 - Aug 13 with 1723 viewsraynor94

We are talking about a bloke who made 36 la liga appearances last season, he has been on the U.S. tour and trained every day with the squad, so I don't get this bed him in. He's our marquee summer signing, and can't get a game

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:41 - Aug 13 with 1714 viewsDarran

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:40 - Aug 13 by raynor94

We are talking about a bloke who made 36 la liga appearances last season, he has been on the U.S. tour and trained every day with the squad, so I don't get this bed him in. He's our marquee summer signing, and can't get a game

Spot on Rayns it's bizarre.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:49 - Aug 13 with 1679 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:41 - Aug 13 by Darran

Spot on Rayns it's bizarre.

It is indeed yet some of this club's fans never seem to learn. 247 and karnataka now for example. Eyes closed, happy clapping their way like a pair of zombies trotting out party lines and making excuses like a couple of noddy dogs.

When will they ever learn.........

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:51 - Aug 13 with 1669 viewskarnataka

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:49 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

It is indeed yet some of this club's fans never seem to learn. 247 and karnataka now for example. Eyes closed, happy clapping their way like a pair of zombies trotting out party lines and making excuses like a couple of noddy dogs.

When will they ever learn.........

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:53 - Aug 13 with 1656 viewsFlashberryjack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:18 - Aug 13 by jack247

Yeah! it must have really helped to get match fit by sitting on the bench for the whole game.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:09 - Aug 13 with 1631 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:26 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

You're not making sense full stop.

You're trying to paint a rosy picture over something that's already a bit more worrying than that.

Best hope we don't go in for Messi in the future.

It's one game, away to Southampton, which we drew.

I said this before he had played a friendly for us. It's funny how what Clement says is gospel when it's something you agree with. He is lying when you don't.

If we signed Messi, we wouldn't use him as a lynchpin to protect the back four.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1616 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:40 - Aug 13 by raynor94

Just read Clements comments at the top of the thread
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Aug 13 with 1616 viewsNeath_Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 20:53 - Aug 13 by Flashberryjack

Yeah! it must have really helped to get match fit by sitting on the bench for the whole game.

I can just imagine Clement telling Mesa, "Yeah what i'm going to do is put you on the bench against Southampton, because they're a half tidy side and i don't want you to get overrun and those bastards on Planet Swans will crucify you. But don't worry, i'll start you in the next home game as it's only Manchester United, so you'll be able to match their speed, honest now".

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:18 - Aug 13 with 1589 viewsjackrabbit

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

I can just imagine Clement telling Mesa, "Yeah what i'm going to do is put you on the bench against Southampton, because they're a half tidy side and i don't want you to get overrun and those bastards on Planet Swans will crucify you. But don't worry, i'll start you in the next home game as it's only Manchester United, so you'll be able to match their speed, honest now".

It wasn't the right game for Mesa yesterday. Clement didn't know the translation of 'park the bus' so he couldn't convey the game plan.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 21:20]
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:24 - Aug 13 with 1539 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:09 - Aug 13 by jack247

It's one game, away to Southampton, which we drew.

I said this before he had played a friendly for us. It's funny how what Clement says is gospel when it's something you agree with. He is lying when you don't.

If we signed Messi, we wouldn't use him as a lynchpin to protect the back four.

Lying when I don't agree??
Example of this please??

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:24 - Aug 13 with 1539 views34dfgdf54

Surely it's a bit of a worry that Clement trusted Fulton with the role more than Mesa. No disrespect intended to Fulton but he didn't cost us £13 mill or whatever it was.

Maybe I'm just paranoid over what happened with Borja, this just seems familiar.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:25 - Aug 13 with 1530 viewsSS2013

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 12:50 - Aug 13 by Darran

Dear God.

What happens if we bring players from abroad in before the window closes they don't play untill October is it?

What a load of bollox.

This

Poll: Will Ayew be a Swansea player come Feb ?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:26 - Aug 13 with 1517 views34dfgdf54

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 17:04 - Aug 13 by nantywatcher

I've got a feeling it's something about Mesa's attitude - he wandered on to the pitch against Sampdoria and spent the entire time pointing and telling people what to do, whilst doing next to nothing himself other than a few easy crossfield balls. Personally I think PC is trying to get him to work for a starting position rather than hand it to him on a plate. Underwhelmed by Mesa at the moment but all the ITK's rate him, so I'll hold back judgement ( as long as he cuts out his constant pointing - this is a serious comment - how often have you ever seen Leon point? it's lazy and disruptive)

That could possibly be the worst post I have ever read on Planet Swans, and that's saying something.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:27 - Aug 13 with 1513 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:11 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:29 - Aug 13 with 1499 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:24 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

Lying when I don't agree??
Example of this please??

Clement - (paraphrased) He is a good la liga player, will be good for us, but will need time to get used to the pace as it's slower in la liga, especially in midfield.

Res - something wrong with his attitude, maybe he is overconfident. He looked it when he was singing.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa get to com on 21:31 - Aug 13 with 1492 viewsFlashberryjack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:18 - Aug 13 by jackrabbit

It wasn't the right game for Mesa yesterday. Clement didn't know the translation of 'park the bus' so he couldn't convey the game plan.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 21:20]

At least Mesa has learned how to sit on the subs bench in the PL, next week he may even get to come on in the 89th minute.

At this rate, by the time he finaly adapts to the PL, he'll have to re-adapt to life in the Championship..

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:33 - Aug 13 with 1470 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:24 - Aug 13 by 34dfgdf54

Surely it's a bit of a worry that Clement trusted Fulton with the role more than Mesa. No disrespect intended to Fulton but he didn't cost us £13 mill or whatever it was.

Maybe I'm just paranoid over what happened with Borja, this just seems familiar.

It would worry me if it happened in October or November. In fact it would worry me if he wasn't a nailed on starter. It doesn't at the moment.

I do get the point re. Borja, but wouldn't go overboard after a friendly and one league game.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:35 - Aug 13 with 1459 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:29 - Aug 13 by jack247

Clement - (paraphrased) He is a good la liga player, will be good for us, but will need time to get used to the pace as it's slower in la liga, especially in midfield.

Res - something wrong with his attitude, maybe he is overconfident. He looked it when he was singing.

Oh I see, you are really slow at reading some pretty blatant code language.

Mate, if you want to send me any future posts of yours, I can give them the once over and edit here and there, save you making a fool out of yourself ;-)

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:35 - Aug 13 with 1459 viewsE20Jack

As a poster abive said. If you wanted to ease a player in, and you have two games approaching. One Southampton and the other Man United... Easing him in against Man United is a bit batsh*t crazy if you are worried that he may not be up to speed.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:37 - Aug 13 with 1450 viewsjack247

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 21:35 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

Oh I see, you are really slow at reading some pretty blatant code language.

Mate, if you want to send me any future posts of yours, I can give them the once over and edit here and there, save you making a fool out of yourself ;-)

Right, so do you think he is lying or not?
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 21:38]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024