Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa 12:47 - Aug 13 with 19302 viewsEasternJack

Roque Mesa was an unused substitute this weekend as the Swans kicked off the new season with a goalless draw at Southampton.

And Clement explained that he wants to give the 28-year-old, who arrived in an £11 million deal last month, the opportunity to come to terms with the challenges of English football.

“Roque Mesa is a really good player and he is going to be a good player for this team,”

“But it’s going to take him a little bit of time to adapt to the tempo of this league because he has been playing in La Liga.

“I have worked in La Liga and I know the difference. In La Liga you get time on the ball to play, especially in midfield.

“But over here it’s very different. You don’t get that time and space to play because of the tempo.

“Roque will get used to that, but it’s going to take him a bit of time.”

“If we get players in, it will be good if they have a bit of Premier League experience,”

---
Thankfully that kills the Viera link, but probably reinforces the Joey, Bony and Chadli deals once/if Siggy goes

Poll: Hull vs Middlesborough - What do we want?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:11 - Aug 13 with 2098 viewsTheResurrection

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:04 - Aug 13 by r0ckin

Not the right game.

Not the right player?

Because yesterday is exactly what we needed that type of player for.

So WTF is going on.

Fat, hopeless Captain vvank hasn't got a clue what day it is, by the way, let alone post something interesting on a football forum.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:15 - Aug 13 with 2090 viewsWhiterockin

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:09 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

If we were talking about a midfield rock that he brought on in his place then I would see the point of the ''not the right game'' view. The fact he brought on Jay Fulton sort of negates that though.

Fulton is a couple of inches taller, which may have something to do with it when they are lumping the ball into the box.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:15 - Aug 13 with 2086 viewsr0ckin

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:11 - Aug 13 by TheResurrection

Not the right player?

Because yesterday is exactly what we needed that type of player for.

So WTF is going on.

Fat, hopeless Captain vvank hasn't got a clue what day it is, by the way, let alone post something interesting on a football forum.

Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about

Peace

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:25 - Aug 13 with 2052 viewsNeath_Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:15 - Aug 13 by r0ckin

Sorry I have no idea what you're talking about

That's because this is a football thread. Politics and current affairs are located elsewhere.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:41 - Aug 13 with 2019 viewsclement

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:31 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

Why do you think Fulton is more positionally sound than Mesa out of interest?

He's played competitive professional football in this country and has trained with the squad for much longer.

Poll: who will be our manager next season?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:49 - Aug 13 with 2000 viewsraynor94

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:41 - Aug 13 by clement

He's played competitive professional football in this country and has trained with the squad for much longer.

Laughable, Fulton has played 11 times for us, Mesa has made over 100 la liga appearances, if Mesa is not up to speed by now, something is radically wrong behind the scenes

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:51 - Aug 13 with 1985 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:41 - Aug 13 by clement

The lad has started 11 top flight games in his life. Mesa has 300+ professional matches under his belt. I do not buy the experience line one bit.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:52 - Aug 13 with 1977 viewsshandyjack

Maybe we should have had a pre season against better teams to get him up to speed not play against tin pot Sunday league oppositiob

Poll: Expectation for the season

Login to get fewer ads

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:54 - Aug 13 with 1968 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:49 - Aug 13 by raynor94

Laughable, Fulton has played 11 times for us, Mesa has made over 100 la liga appearances, if Mesa is not up to speed by now, something is radically wrong behind the scenes

Snap.

Ridiculous to suggest experience as a factor. Fulton is a professional rookie in general.

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:09 - Aug 13 with 1930 viewsspiderboy

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 13:27 - Aug 13 by clement

People on here love a moan don't they. Protest subs? More like, trying not to lose subs.

Messa will get minutes when we are in control of games, I am sure, not when we have backs to the wall and need everyone to be 100% switched on positionally. There are times to bed players in and yesterday wasn't that time.

Flipping BANG ON THE NAIL!!!!
WELL DONE THAT MAN!
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:13 - Aug 13 with 1917 viewsawayjack

Terrible excuse and getting fad up with PC press conferences that say so little other than meaningless Siggy excuses. Is our DOG too important to do interviews now? Couldn't keep him away from TV when he was chasing his OBE.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:14 - Aug 13 with 1907 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:09 - Aug 13 by spiderboy

Flipping BANG ON THE NAIL!!!!
WELL DONE THAT MAN!

Not really. We brought him in due to our lack of control on games, yet we wont play him until we control games. Doesn't really make sense as if we controlled games without him - then we didn't really need to spend £11m on him and should have looked to strengthen elsewhere.

A bit like lacking goals, bringing a goalscorer in, and saying ''I'm not going to play him until we start scoring goals''.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 15:17]

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:21 - Aug 13 with 1889 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

What a load of bolloxs

This Mesa guy been playing against

Real Madrid
Athletico Madrid
Barca
Seville
Bilbao

Facking nonsense

Perhaps he's sh!t 😂

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:32 - Aug 13 with 1845 viewsr0ckin

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 14:25 - Aug 13 by Neath_Jack

That's because this is a football thread. Politics and current affairs are located elsewhere.

ho ho ho

Peace

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:11 - Aug 13 with 1789 viewsA_Fans_Dad

So all those saying PC's response was cr@p do not believe that there is a difference in pace between La Liga and the Prem and him having been involved in both leagues doesn't know what he is talking about.
So that isn't the reason that all those La Liga stars that have failed in the Prem in the past then, there must be some other reason?
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:16 - Aug 13 with 1762 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:11 - Aug 13 by A_Fans_Dad

So all those saying PC's response was cr@p do not believe that there is a difference in pace between La Liga and the Prem and him having been involved in both leagues doesn't know what he is talking about.
So that isn't the reason that all those La Liga stars that have failed in the Prem in the past then, there must be some other reason?

But there is always going to be a difference in pace. The PL doesn't slow down mid season. He is either able to adapt or he isn't. If he is then he should play over a rookie, if he isn't then we shouldn't have signed him.

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:21 - Aug 13 with 1743 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:16 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

But there is always going to be a difference in pace. The PL doesn't slow down mid season. He is either able to adapt or he isn't. If he is then he should play over a rookie, if he isn't then we shouldn't have signed him.

PC's point exactly!
Let's assume he had brought him on and we were overrun even more and they scored 4 or 5 like Spurs did in a few minutes, you lot would be blaming him for bringing on a player that isn't up to speed.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:22 - Aug 13 with 1740 viewsWhiterockin

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:16 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

The facts have been laid out by PC. Many on here understand them and you don't. For a so called intelligent man you really are letting yourself down on this one. But then again when in a hole just keep digging.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:25 - Aug 13 with 1729 viewsraynor94

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:11 - Aug 13 by A_Fans_Dad

Michu, Chico and Pablo didn't have any problem adapting, and Spaniards in general haven't had to many problems

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:27 - Aug 13 with 1718 views34dfgdf54

Really early, but alarm bells started ringing for me when he didn't start v Sampdoria.

I don't think Clement rates him. Hope I'm wrong.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:27 - Aug 13 with 1716 viewsAl_Bundy

Not sure what the mystery is here.. Mesa is a Leon replacement. Leon was always going to start against Southampton. Not sure what purpose bring Mesa on for 10 mins would have achieved. We needed some energy and someone to put themselves about and that is why Fulton came on. Although he spent 10 mins losing the ball and fouling everyone.
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:30 - Aug 13 with 1699 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:22 - Aug 13 by Whiterockin

The facts have been laid out by PC. Many on here understand them and you don't. For a so called intelligent man you really are letting yourself down on this one. But then again when in a hole just keep digging.

I am letting myself down by suggesting there is always going to be a difference in pace between the leagues all season? And there was me thinking I was talking factually. Ah well.

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:31 - Aug 13 with 1694 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:27 - Aug 13 by Al_Bundy

Not sure what the mystery is here.. Mesa is a Leon replacement. Leon was always going to start against Southampton. Not sure what purpose bring Mesa on for 10 mins would have achieved. We needed some energy and someone to put themselves about and that is why Fulton came on. Although he spent 10 mins losing the ball and fouling everyone.

You answered your own mystery with your last sentence.

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:36 - Aug 13 with 1674 viewsspiderboy

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 15:14 - Aug 13 by E20Jack

Not really. We brought him in due to our lack of control on games, yet we wont play him until we control games. Doesn't really make sense as if we controlled games without him - then we didn't really need to spend £11m on him and should have looked to strengthen elsewhere.

A bit like lacking goals, bringing a goalscorer in, and saying ''I'm not going to play him until we start scoring goals''.
[Post edited 13 Aug 2017 15:17]

In Mr Clement we must trust.
He didn't get much wrong last season.
In fact,he got almost everything right!
Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:39 - Aug 13 with 1655 viewsE20Jack

Paul Clement on Roque Mesa on 16:36 - Aug 13 by spiderboy

In Mr Clement we must trust.
He didn't get much wrong last season.
In fact,he got almost everything right!

Which is exactly the point we are making. If he sees it right to play Jay Fulton ahead of him, then that is a concerning state of affairs for our squad.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024