Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Players going on holidays.... 00:03 - Feb 14 with 13662 viewsyogibear_412

Little birdie told me that Taylor and his missus was off to Dubai after the game today till Thursday.

I don't have a problem with players getting family time but FFS not now when the team is struggling.
Players going on holidays.... on 13:59 - Feb 14 with 1910 viewslondonlisa2001

I don't see any acknowledgement of the danger we are in from the club. Throughout the manager search, January window, players' attitudes on the pitch, the crap on social media, interviews etc, it all smacks of 'we'll be fine - we are too good to go down'.

This week would have been an ideal opportunity to take the squad away and work on different options, formations, tactics and plans with the new manager before getting back into the usual training cycle next week.

I'm afraid we will get what we deserve and if by some great slice of luck called 'three teams are even more clueless than us ' we don't get what we deserve and instead we stay up, it won't be because of the way we've acted this season but despite it.
Players going on holidays.... on 14:49 - Feb 14 with 1857 viewscostalotta

Players going on holidays.... on 13:59 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

I don't see any acknowledgement of the danger we are in from the club. Throughout the manager search, January window, players' attitudes on the pitch, the crap on social media, interviews etc, it all smacks of 'we'll be fine - we are too good to go down'.

This week would have been an ideal opportunity to take the squad away and work on different options, formations, tactics and plans with the new manager before getting back into the usual training cycle next week.

I'm afraid we will get what we deserve and if by some great slice of luck called 'three teams are even more clueless than us ' we don't get what we deserve and instead we stay up, it won't be because of the way we've acted this season but despite it.

Bloody hell Lisa you've seemed to have lost your optimism of a few weeks ago?
Players going on holidays.... on 14:59 - Feb 14 with 1846 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 14:49 - Feb 14 by costalotta

Bloody hell Lisa you've seemed to have lost your optimism of a few weeks ago?

It wasn't so much the performance yesterday as the lack of desire Costa.

I didn't see any hint that the players give a toss and the lack of leadership on the pitch and the absence of anyone who wanted to take the game by the scruff of the neck really upset me.

I saw a team going through the motions - little flicks, back heels, drag backs - to me it screamed 'we're too good' and I don't think we are.

Southampton didn't get out of second gear to beat us.
Players going on holidays.... on 15:03 - Feb 14 with 1842 viewsDewi1jack

Agree with Lisa about the team going away somewhere and working on the formation.
Could have gone to Italy for a few days and FG could have organised training and a match against one of his former teams maybe.
Plus the lads would have had a few days in the sun.
Couple of days off over the weekend with their families and heads down on Monday.
Although don't think they would still come back with any fight in them.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Players going on holidays.... on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 1839 viewscostalotta

It did look like the last few games of monks tenure. However, I'm thinking that because we set up for a draw, which I truly believe we did. Of course we'd take a win, but the focus was not to loose. It's becasue of this, I reckon that would have been seen as a bonus point going forward. That was a pragmatic approach that italian coaches take from time to time. But hey don't get it worng too often, but yesterday he did. IM not making excuses for the players though, clearly a few didn't like playing with the brakes on and I think that why Ash lost the plot.

It's a shame because I do think we have some damn good players, maybe not enough of them but we should have enough to stay up with the right coaching staff and leadership off the field, which I think we have.
Players going on holidays.... on 15:05 - Feb 14 with 1834 viewsmonmouth

Hard to dispute Lisa's views. If we go down, and the way everything is running now I think that might well be more, than less, likely, then we have shot ourselves in both feet, both kneecaps and the nads.

On the plus side, we are only one point off when Monk 'saved' us two years ago and we had a bad few results over the next few games but still pulled ourselves out. We were playing better then though, and had one W Bony. One or two wins everything looks different, but to win, you have to try to win and want to win. And score a goal, or with our defence, two.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Players going on holidays.... on 15:07 - Feb 14 with 1828 viewsStarsky

We were on the beach ... Again

It's just the internet, init.

Players going on holidays.... on 15:09 - Feb 14 with 1818 viewsAngelRangelQS

Players going on holidays.... on 13:09 - Feb 14 by Darran

I dont see a problem in them having a few days off.
If I was in charge they'd be back in Thursday working on a few things for two days then on Saturday I'd arrange a practice match at the training ground.
Off Sunday and train as nornal next week.

There's a big difference in giving them a few days off at home to them jetting off around the world.

If Taylor was going to play 45 mins for Wales in a pointless friendly next week then the manager would be moaning about jet lag etc. Apart from playing a bit of football, what's the difference?
Login to get fewer ads

Players going on holidays.... on 15:13 - Feb 14 with 1803 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 15:05 - Feb 14 by monmouth

Hard to dispute Lisa's views. If we go down, and the way everything is running now I think that might well be more, than less, likely, then we have shot ourselves in both feet, both kneecaps and the nads.

On the plus side, we are only one point off when Monk 'saved' us two years ago and we had a bad few results over the next few games but still pulled ourselves out. We were playing better then though, and had one W Bony. One or two wins everything looks different, but to win, you have to try to win and want to win. And score a goal, or with our defence, two.

Monk was fortunate that we had the Cardiff game in some ways as that's a game guaranteed to see a whole hearted effort and that bred a more positive attitude for the rest of the season. So even when results weren't good, the application was there.

Also we had Bony as you say - he was good enough to take the game by the scruff of the neck - none of the current lot appear to be.
Players going on holidays.... on 15:23 - Feb 14 with 1788 viewscostalotta

Players going on holidays.... on 15:05 - Feb 14 by monmouth

Monk got lucky. But people forget that we had a bad, no terrible run when he was in charge at that time. In fact, wasn't it 1 win in 9? Against Norwich. But , it's because we won 3 out of the last 4 that the season needed so well! What we would give for 3 wins in 4 now.

FD is a better coach than Monk without doubt. You could question the talent we have compared to then it certainly is not as good, but that tells another story.

If FD keeps going the way we are, I think we stay up, just...

It's in our hands and we are better than Bournemouth, Norwich, villa, and I reckon Newcastle. I think we will get a few points out of the last 6/7 games too and it will a total of 38-42 IMO. I think that will just about be enough, although I expect position 17 in the table to finish on more than 36 points.
Players going on holidays.... on 15:26 - Feb 14 with 1786 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Every one should Fu@k off some where nice and warm for 4 days , get some sun on their backs chill out recharge the battery's and have a big think & get ready for the biggest couple of months they've all had in quite a while .

No problem with this happening at all .

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Players going on holidays.... on 15:31 - Feb 14 with 1772 viewsTheFranchise

Players going on holidays.... on 15:26 - Feb 14 by oh_tommy_tommy

Every one should Fu@k off some where nice and warm for 4 days , get some sun on their backs chill out recharge the battery's and have a big think & get ready for the biggest couple of months they've all had in quite a while .

No problem with this happening at all .

Let them have a break, they're under immense pressure. A few days R&R with families will help I think.
Players going on holidays.... on 15:36 - Feb 14 with 1756 viewsRancid

None of them are under immense pressure mun.If we went down none of them would lose their houses or flash cars.The club would be the one to suffer and the fans.They should be made to stay at home in this cold weather and get used to it.Have their 3 month break in the summer but for now it's football and a relegation scrap.Dubai by f**k
Players going on holidays.... on 16:08 - Feb 14 with 1715 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Players going on holidays.... on 15:36 - Feb 14 by Rancid

None of them are under immense pressure mun.If we went down none of them would lose their houses or flash cars.The club would be the one to suffer and the fans.They should be made to stay at home in this cold weather and get used to it.Have their 3 month break in the summer but for now it's football and a relegation scrap.Dubai by f**k

Perhaps he's off to see our new owner ................

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/swansea-bought-worlds-richest-man/

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Players going on holidays.... on 16:10 - Feb 14 with 1709 viewsRancid

Players going on holidays.... on 16:08 - Feb 14 by Brynmill_Jack

Perhaps he's off to see our new owner ................

http://www.socceronsunday.com/article/swansea-bought-worlds-richest-man/

“I have spondoolicks up the wazoo,” the prince told Soccer on Sunday. “Now I just want to have fun spending it. My intention is to pour billions upon billions into Swansea until they make Barcelona and Real Madrid look like homeless shelters.”

“Messi, Ronaldo, Huth. We’ll bid for them all this summer,” he added. “I’ll happily pay miles over the odds. Who cares?”

Players going on holidays.... on 16:45 - Feb 14 with 1546 viewsJordan

F*ck me, some people eh?

How would you feel if your boss told you couldn't have your annual leave because there is too much work to do? Bet you'd be happy to stay wouldn't you? Get a grip.
Players going on holidays.... on 16:51 - Feb 14 with 1532 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 16:45 - Feb 14 by Jordan

F*ck me, some people eh?

How would you feel if your boss told you couldn't have your annual leave because there is too much work to do? Bet you'd be happy to stay wouldn't you? Get a grip.

Your annual leave??

It's not a break week - it's the cup, and as a premier league team we should be in it at this stage.

And I have had to work instead of go on holiday many times in the past - it's what happens in certain types of jobs. People get rewarded for it - none as handsomely as footballers.

People are talking about this as though it's stop fortnight in the works mun.
Players going on holidays.... on 16:54 - Feb 14 with 1512 viewsraynor94

F*ck me, some people eh?

How on earth is it his annual leave? Far better served spending it on the training ground with a new coach

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Players going on holidays.... on 16:57 - Feb 14 with 1492 viewsjasper_T

"Just train harder, mun" was the Monk philosophy and all it produced was shit tired football that fell apart on the hour.

Rest is important. Who cares where he does it?
Players going on holidays.... on 17:06 - Feb 14 with 1478 viewsexiledclaseboy

F*ck me, some people eh?

Annual leave? They get May and June to go on holiday mun.

Poll: Tory leader

Players going on holidays.... on 17:07 - Feb 14 with 1477 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 16:57 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

"Just train harder, mun" was the Monk philosophy and all it produced was shit tired football that fell apart on the hour.

Rest is important. Who cares where he does it?

Agree with that to an extent, but as I said, I would have been far happier to see the squad go away (warm weather somewhere like Dubai would be fine) to work through new things given our situation.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:10 - Feb 14 with 1464 viewsjasper_T

Rest is mental as much as physical. They'll still have a week to work on things ahead of the next game.

Hopefully they'll come back refreshed and raring to go.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:12 - Feb 14 with 1459 viewsGTCJack

Players going on holidays.... on 17:06 - Feb 14 by exiledclaseboy

Annual leave? They get May and June to go on holiday mun.

Don't be daft. Poor buggers would have to pay inflated rates as that is when the school holidays are.

FG is just looking after his team by ensuring they keep an extra few £k in their pockets. Good on the club.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:17 - Feb 14 with 1445 viewslondonlisa2001

Players going on holidays.... on 17:10 - Feb 14 by jasper_T

Rest is mental as much as physical. They'll still have a week to work on things ahead of the next game.

Hopefully they'll come back refreshed and raring to go.

One of the reasons it's so much harder to change manager mid season is due to the lack of time they get to work through ideas because of the weekly grind of matches. This would have been an ideal opportunity to work in a semi relaxed way with the new coaching team.

Taylor incidentally had plenty of time for a mental rest for the hour and a half he was putting in an abject performance yesterday. He was certainly mentally resting when his winger got past him twice to put balls in on top of Long's head. I'm not saying he was alone by the way.
Players going on holidays.... on 17:25 - Feb 14 with 1434 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Players going on holidays.... on 17:17 - Feb 14 by londonlisa2001

One of the reasons it's so much harder to change manager mid season is due to the lack of time they get to work through ideas because of the weekly grind of matches. This would have been an ideal opportunity to work in a semi relaxed way with the new coaching team.

Taylor incidentally had plenty of time for a mental rest for the hour and a half he was putting in an abject performance yesterday. He was certainly mentally resting when his winger got past him twice to put balls in on top of Long's head. I'm not saying he was alone by the way.

When you need a break lisa do you take a couple of days off to rest & get your back in order .?

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024