Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread 02:08 - Jan 17 with 35396 viewsjackharris

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:09 - Jan 17 with 3783 views3swan

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 17:30 - Jan 17 by MrSwerve

When will you lot think it is a must win game? The final day of the season when we need 3 points to stay up?

We need to start winning and start winning soon.

Knowing Mr B I think there was a large amount of sarcasm there
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:18 - Jan 17 with 3766 views3swan

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:07 - Jan 17 by Al_Bundy

No league goals from Emnes , Cork ,Britton ,Emnes , Barrow , Routledge and Montero

Only one from Ki

That is extremely poor !

Nothing from our centre backs either.

Have you got something against Emnes
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:00 - Jan 17 with 3690 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:18 - Jan 17 by 3swan

Have you got something against Emnes

Nothing at all. Decent enough squad player but nothing more.

Feel he maybe the core of the side next season if we're not careful
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:17 - Jan 17 with 3661 views3swan

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:00 - Jan 17 by Al_Bundy

Nothing at all. Decent enough squad player but nothing more.

Feel he maybe the core of the side next season if we're not careful

Come on read your post again.

New York New York so good they named it twice

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:43 - Jan 17 with 3590 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 19:17 - Jan 17 by 3swan

Come on read your post again.

New York New York so good they named it twice

Named twice to represent his either wing play
[Post edited 17 Jan 2016 23:31]
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 23:23 - Jan 17 with 3296 viewsItchySphincter

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 18:07 - Jan 17 by Al_Bundy

No league goals from Emnes , Cork ,Britton ,Emnes , Barrow , Routledge and Montero

Only one from Ki

That is extremely poor !

I'm a bit shocked you actually typed that given the minutes they've actually had on the pitch.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 23:35 - Jan 17 with 3271 viewsAl_Bundy

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 23:23 - Jan 17 by ItchySphincter

I'm a bit shocked you actually typed that given the minutes they've actually had on the pitch.

I guess it highlights the issues we have without a decent leading striker.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 00:10 - Jan 18 with 3231 viewsGlyn1

Watford are in danger of drifting into a slump in results.

They've lost their last three matches:

Watford 1-2 Spurs
Watford 1-2 Man City
Southampton 2-0

and after playing us they are at home to Newcastle and then Chelsea, and then away to Spurs and to Palace. They could still get sucked into the relegation battle.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 05:00 - Jan 18 with 3161 viewsdameedna

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 00:10 - Jan 18 by Glyn1

Watford are in danger of drifting into a slump in results.

They've lost their last three matches:

Watford 1-2 Spurs
Watford 1-2 Man City
Southampton 2-0

and after playing us they are at home to Newcastle and then Chelsea, and then away to Spurs and to Palace. They could still get sucked into the relegation battle.

Watford are going the way we expected.
West Ham, Stoke, Palace look solid enough.
Will be good to watch Watford in midfield tonight as that's possibly where they have come unstuck.
Sunderland have some grunt too and probably the best left back I've seen this season.
Without a win in this game I'd expect Ayew and Gomis to leave.
If we get 30 million in for Shelvey Ayew and Gomis we should be able to strengthen with a left back, two central midfielders and two strikers.
Though I rate Ayew he may be a luxury we cannot afford.
I see this as a pivotal game as some players will not want to go down with the ship nor should they without seeing who is coming in to replace Shelvey.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 06:33 - Jan 18 with 3142 viewsJackTheLad

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 05:00 - Jan 18 by dameedna

Watford are going the way we expected.
West Ham, Stoke, Palace look solid enough.
Will be good to watch Watford in midfield tonight as that's possibly where they have come unstuck.
Sunderland have some grunt too and probably the best left back I've seen this season.
Without a win in this game I'd expect Ayew and Gomis to leave.
If we get 30 million in for Shelvey Ayew and Gomis we should be able to strengthen with a left back, two central midfielders and two strikers.
Though I rate Ayew he may be a luxury we cannot afford.
I see this as a pivotal game as some players will not want to go down with the ship nor should they without seeing who is coming in to replace Shelvey.

Sell Ayew.. Why anyone is giving this rumour the time of day? I cannot understand it, clearly dirty tactics by fat Sam in attempt to unsettle our squad, throw Ayew off his game and also perhaps have a mental edge that they are in some way superior over us (further heightened after the result on Wednesday). If we could not afford him we would not have bought him surely, sell our best player - that'll get us out of our recent slump!
£30m also, if we are to buy two strikers, two midfielders and a left back - we should expect to get no better than the likes of.. Eder, Tabanou and Gomis again... especially with the inflated prices at this time of the year. Madness!

With the Shelvey money, whatever we can get for Eder, Frank and Gomis we should be able to bring in Doumbia, De guzman and a couple of loanees. Personally I tip Kingsley to be given an opportunity as our second left back and Montero to stay put, depending on whether we play 1 up front or not Ayew and Doumbia as our strikers (if two up front then a player on loan or 1 of Gomis/Eder if we can't sell).
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 6:38]

Poll: Who would you like to see take over long term as Manager?

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 08:42 - Jan 18 with 3019 viewsdameedna

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 06:33 - Jan 18 by JackTheLad

Sell Ayew.. Why anyone is giving this rumour the time of day? I cannot understand it, clearly dirty tactics by fat Sam in attempt to unsettle our squad, throw Ayew off his game and also perhaps have a mental edge that they are in some way superior over us (further heightened after the result on Wednesday). If we could not afford him we would not have bought him surely, sell our best player - that'll get us out of our recent slump!
£30m also, if we are to buy two strikers, two midfielders and a left back - we should expect to get no better than the likes of.. Eder, Tabanou and Gomis again... especially with the inflated prices at this time of the year. Madness!

With the Shelvey money, whatever we can get for Eder, Frank and Gomis we should be able to bring in Doumbia, De guzman and a couple of loanees. Personally I tip Kingsley to be given an opportunity as our second left back and Montero to stay put, depending on whether we play 1 up front or not Ayew and Doumbia as our strikers (if two up front then a player on loan or 1 of Gomis/Eder if we can't sell).
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 6:38]

Wrong word or explanation more Luke a player who may leave for a better teams offer if we lose tonight. Speculation but if Gomis leaves it may affect Ayew.

30 million if it comes in or whatever the money is I suggest is spent across the squad with loans to make sure what we buy us every spread.

We could ignore defence and hope for no injuries and agreed Kingsley offers a better option than Tabs and Taylor should stay firm.

One of Cork Britton or Ki is bound to get injured and we then look shot as Grimes and Fulton won't be ready this season.

Leaving it past the Watford game is a massive gamble and as said before I'd be tempted to keep Gomis and get Jdg and DeJong plus one more such as Douimba if available.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 10:22 - Jan 18 with 2909 viewsJackanapes

If we are going to stay up its going to be at the expense of teams like Watford and Bournemouth and Narch. Theres no way Newcastle are going down, and I think Sunderland will get out of it also.
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 10:23]

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 10:24 - Jan 18 with 2903 viewsTummer_from_Texas

Only one from Ki

That is extremely poor !

The bad voodoo working against our back four when they get their chances to score has been the strangest phenomenon of watching the Swans for 2 seasons now.

Every time a centre back (usually Fed but most recently Ash late at Old Trafford) gets a shot, the keeper makes a great save. Then on Wednesday, Rangel FINAL...whoops, offsides. It's the damnedest thing.

I almost want to see a defender take the next PK just to break the curse, but we can't afford to take any chances on easy goals right now.

POTY 2015
Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 10:40 - Jan 18 with 2874 viewsmonmouth

We've always been gash at corners which is where most teams defenders get the odd goal. I never understand the cheers for getting a corner seeing as we are probably more at risk of conceding a goal than likely to score one!

Ash does have two or three goals as does Rangel, Taylor's never scored has he, nor Fede, except for Argentina? Naughtons not been close. bartley scored one once? Or nearly did, but we don't want him sticking his oar in and Amat not a threat.

So really it's the midfield/flanks that's the issue. Ki, Sig (from open play) Routs, Montero and Barrow we're looking at you really as Cork and Leon aint going to be banging them in.

So it looks seriously bleak on paper if Ayew, Sig or Gomis isn't scoring of our current bunch doesn't it?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 12:35 - Jan 18 with 2694 viewsDevz00

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 10:40 - Jan 18 by monmouth

We've always been gash at corners which is where most teams defenders get the odd goal. I never understand the cheers for getting a corner seeing as we are probably more at risk of conceding a goal than likely to score one!

Ash does have two or three goals as does Rangel, Taylor's never scored has he, nor Fede, except for Argentina? Naughtons not been close. bartley scored one once? Or nearly did, but we don't want him sticking his oar in and Amat not a threat.

So really it's the midfield/flanks that's the issue. Ki, Sig (from open play) Routs, Montero and Barrow we're looking at you really as Cork and Leon aint going to be banging them in.

So it looks seriously bleak on paper if Ayew, Sig or Gomis isn't scoring of our current bunch doesn't it?

Ashley Williams last scored at Everton away 2 seasons ago. We lost 3-2. He scored at Chelsea away in 2011 as well. We lost 4-1. Only 2 prem goals!

Fernandez hasn't scored for us.

Rangel has 3 Prem goals, all in 2012-13.

Taylor has never scored for us.

It is pretty pathetic.

Genetically, paedophiles have more genes in common with crabs than they do with you and me. Now that is scientific fact. There's no real evidence for it, but it is scientific fact.

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 12:50 - Jan 18 with 2489 viewsjasper_T

I'm far from the first person to suggest we should leave the back four in place when we take corners. Counter attacks have cost us far more than we have gained (which is literally nothing).
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 13:29 - Jan 18 with 2414 viewsElward

Kompany has scored 13 goals and Ivanovic has scored 21. There are plenty of other defenders who creep in with a goal every so often too. It baffles me how we get a corner and everyone starts clapping and cheering. There a burden more then anything to us.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 13:32 - Jan 18 with 2409 viewsPrivate_Partz

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 12:35 - Jan 18 by Devz00

Ashley Williams last scored at Everton away 2 seasons ago. We lost 3-2. He scored at Chelsea away in 2011 as well. We lost 4-1. Only 2 prem goals!

It is pretty pathetic.

Whereas Chico? ............I'll get my coat.

You have mission in life to hold out your hand, To help the other guy out, Help your fellow man. Stan Ridgway

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 14:12 - Jan 18 with 2332 viewstherealme

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 13:29 - Jan 18 by Elward

Kompany has scored 13 goals and Ivanovic has scored 21. There are plenty of other defenders who creep in with a goal every so often too. It baffles me how we get a corner and everyone starts clapping and cheering. There a burden more then anything to us.

Your defenders don't have to be the ones scoring either, that's the thing, as Bournemouth proved with a clever routine against Man Utd. My biggest gripe is there's no invention, no new routines. We aren't the biggest of sides at the best of times so stop looping the ball in and around the penalty spot every damn time! Try something different!

Francesco's black and white army ⚪️⚫️

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 14:19 - Jan 18 with 2325 viewsnyc_swans

Chico must have scored 3-4 goals, right?

Ash makes a nice headed goal every now and then.

Rangel had a few nice finishes a few seasons back.

Davies scored a couple crackers.

It will happen again.
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread (n/t) (n/t) on 14:39 - Jan 18 with 2282 viewsLastSentinel

Detailed Preview for our game against Watford - http://ultrasbet.com/swansea-city-watford-18-01-2016-betting-tip/
[Post edited 18 Jan 2016 14:41]
The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 14:46 - Jan 18 with 2261 viewsmonmouth

Goals in both doors? Lets hope we shove more goals throgh their doors than they do ours then.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 15:08 - Jan 18 with 2201 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Andiamo gli Swans
🇮🇹🇮🇹

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 15:31 - Jan 18 with 2136 viewsJackanapes

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 12:35 - Jan 18 by Devz00

It is pretty pathetic.

Taylor only has one assist as well. Pretty shocking for a full back.

“The stupidest thing she knew was for people to act like they knew all about the things they knew absolutely nothing about.”

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 15:46 - Jan 18 with 2089 viewsjasper_T

The Official Swansea City v Watford AFC Monday Night Football Thread on 15:31 - Jan 18 by Jackanapes

Taylor only has one assist as well. Pretty shocking for a full back.

Does that John Terry own goal count?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024