Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James Thomas - season ticket for life 09:15 - Sep 15 with 11735 viewsCharsean

Morning guys. I got talking to James Thomas a couple of weeks ago and asked if he still follows the swans. He said that he's got a season ticket and goes to as many games as work (ambulance technician) allows. I joked that he probably gets a freebie and he replied that he didn't even get a discount. WTF!!!!
He wasn't complaining or moaning about it but I felt he was somewhat disappointed - and rightly so. I know there's been many people who helped our incredible rise but without his hat trick that day we would never be where we are today. I've canvassed quite a few fans and they believe he should be rewarded with a season ticket for life - in fact most think he should have a statue at the liberty.
Anyway I'm trying to drum up support from the fans and the evening post to get JT rewarded with something that he so thoroughly deserves.
If you're on Twitter please leave a comment on #jamesthomasseasonticketforlife

Thank you for your time
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 18:55 - Sep 15 with 993 viewsStarsky

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 09:48 - Sep 15 by Parlay

The thing with James Thomas is, not only did he contribute hugely to an iconic moment in our history, in fact, the game we can pin point to where it all began but he then had to retire at the age of what 24/25? He did not profit from our rise as the rest did or indeed have the career length most others had - he left us on a league 2 salary.

Its a yes from me.

I agree.
He also had to retire early through injury

It's just the internet, init.

(No subject) (n/t) on 19:10 - Sep 15 with 982 viewsStarsky

(No subject) (n/t) on 12:00 - Sep 15 by Brynmill_Jack

SS picked up more money resting his arse on Citeh's bench than JT will see in a lifetime. I'm almost embarrassed for you making posts like that. JT stood on the NB before his playing career even started and loves the club. Sinclair was just a f*cking tourist who made a big contribution admittedly but even in the NPC with the Swans he was earning more than JT when at Blackburn quite easily I'd wager

Are you arguing with yourself there?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 19:13 - Sep 15 with 974 viewsjack247

Tricky one.

As odd as it sounds, I think he sometimes gets too much credit. If Flynn hadn't brought in Martinez, Britton and Tate halfway through that season, we would have been down with a month to go. I think all 3 contributed at least as much as JT over the season in half the time. Also, if he hadn't played, it's not as if we would have started with 10 men. 2 penalties and a worldy.

On the other side of the coin, he is a local lad, who has by all accounts always been a Swans fan, had his career cut very short by injury and didn't get the chance to make from the game what the 3 mentioned above would have (I doubt he would have earned much at Blackburn because he was a youngster trying to break through at the time).

I doubt there are that many ex players still living in Swansea and wanting tickets, I really can't see it would even scratch the sides financially to just let them in and make a bit of a fuss of them, especially someone who albeit mainly in one game, wrote his name in our history
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 19:28 - Sep 15 with 962 viewsAngelRangelQS

James Thomas should be treated like the f*cking hero that he is every time he steps foot inside the liberty.

As for a free season ticket, a nice idea but there must be more worthy causes than him (ie charities)
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:07 - Sep 15 with 929 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Thomas is an absolute legend. He should definitely be giving a free season ticket for life.

Come on you Swans.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:13 - Sep 15 with 919 viewsLiberty

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:07 - Sep 15 by MyFinalHeaven

Thomas is an absolute legend. He should definitely be giving a free season ticket for life.

He'd rather receive one.

Poll: League 2 Mod , Darr, but we are now in Prem - time for a change ?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:34 - Sep 15 with 897 viewsParlay

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 17:20 - Sep 15 by C_jack

Im sure that the people who feel so strongly about this will be keen to chip in for his season ticket for the rest of his life.

Or of course the club which now gets £100m a year could afford £400.

Forum celebrity
Poll: Is £45 a match ticket too high?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:01 - Sep 15 with 874 viewsmorningstar

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:34 - Sep 15 by Parlay

It has nothing to with how much the club earns, it's the principal of the matter for me. James did a great job that day no doubt, and has therefore earned his name in the Hall of fame ahead of much better players that have played for our club.
However, although his career was cut short, he made quite a tidy sum from playing proffesional football including being on several thousand pounds a week at Blackburn, so he should be more than able to pay for a season ticket, as he's not exactly a basic wage lad working on a factory packaging line! He has a good job!
if free season tickets were to be banded about it should be to long serving fans who have helped the club in their hour of need, I can think of one particular lady that posts on here that would be worthy of one, but I'm guessing she would find it the height of embarrassment should it be offered. And therefore so should James Thomas.

Only winner of Planetswans Petulant Diva award.
Poll: Southampton home next. How many points

Login to get fewer ads

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:07 - Sep 15 with 863 viewsjacksinceever

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:01 - Sep 15 by morningstar

It has nothing to with how much the club earns, it's the principal of the matter for me. James did a great job that day no doubt, and has therefore earned his name in the Hall of fame ahead of much better players that have played for our club.
However, although his career was cut short, he made quite a tidy sum from playing proffesional football including being on several thousand pounds a week at Blackburn, so he should be more than able to pay for a season ticket, as he's not exactly a basic wage lad working on a factory packaging line! He has a good job!
if free season tickets were to be banded about it should be to long serving fans who have helped the club in their hour of need, I can think of one particular lady that posts on here that would be worthy of one, but I'm guessing she would find it the height of embarrassment should it be offered. And therefore so should James Thomas.

Are you calling me a lady?
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:10 - Sep 15 with 857 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:01 - Sep 15 by morningstar

Great post and she's done more for this club than James Thomas ever did.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:21 - Sep 15 with 839 viewsStarsky

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:10 - Sep 15 by Darran

Great post and she's done more for this club than James Thomas ever did.

There's no need to put James Thomas down though Darran.
It's not as if he's asked for a season ticket.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:22 - Sep 15 with 838 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:21 - Sep 15 by Starsky

There's no need to put James Thomas down though Darran.
It's not as if he's asked for a season ticket.

Who's put him down?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:22 - Sep 15 with 837 viewsC_jack

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:34 - Sep 15 by Parlay

So we're sticking him in the East with the civvies?

What a crap way to treat the club saviour, surely we'd have to give him a hospitality box for life, with all the add ons?

Or are we not that grateful?

Poll: Who did you vote for today, in the general election?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:24 - Sep 15 with 830 viewsStarsky

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:22 - Sep 15 by Darran

Who's put him down?

Nobody, when I come to think of it. I must be on the blob.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:26 - Sep 15 with 825 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:24 - Sep 15 by Starsky

Nobody, when I come to think of it. I must be on the blob.

Classic.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:31 - Sep 15 with 815 viewspremierjack

James didnt have a season ticket when we were in the championship, does that make him a plastic?
James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:32 - Sep 15 with 812 viewsDarran

I've just seen this on twitter and I've got to be honest it's embarrassing.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:42 - Sep 15 with 791 viewsScoobyWho

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 20:07 - Sep 15 by MyFinalHeaven

Oh Christ ...
The guy is now doing a job which helps people, and saves lives ( that makes a person legendary ) What he did was kick a ball about and get paid reasonably well for it ( as a technician I wouldn't imagine he gets more than 25k a year ) that does not make you a legend, that makes you an ex footballer.
[Post edited 15 Sep 2014 21:45]

DGT Bullshit Connoisseur.
Poll: Election 2015 Thread : Who will you vote for ?

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 21:50 - Sep 15 with 781 viewsStarsky

I've read the posts on hear and have changed my mind.
The wall of fame plaque is fitting, no more necessary, apart from future anniversaries etc.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:09 - Sep 15 with 743 viewsDyfnant

More fitting that Dineen should buy him one each season out of his dividend

Poll: How much will SCFC spend on transfer fees this summer

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:16 - Sep 15 with 735 viewsDr_Winston

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 10:29 - Sep 15 by Darran

You could also say that had James done his job better during the season it wouldn't have come down to the last game and that's a serious point.

Maybe if he hadn't been stuck out on the left wing by the midget for half a season instead of left upfront where he should have been he might have.

Good player treated appallingly by Flynn.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:20 - Sep 15 with 730 viewsmorningstar

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:09 - Sep 15 by Dyfnant

More fitting that Dineen should buy him one each season out of his dividend

Leigh Dineen doesn't get a dividend you f***in idiot! He is the trusts board member! Any dividend is paid too the trust, not him personally! FFS!

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:20 - Sep 15 with 730 viewsperchrockjack

Hope that lady is respected by all posters

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:25 - Sep 15 with 724 viewsDarran

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:20 - Sep 15 by morningstar

Leigh Dineen doesn't get a dividend you f***in idiot! He is the trusts board member! Any dividend is paid too the trust, not him personally! FFS!

He's not.

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:29 - Sep 15 with 721 viewsmorningstar

James Thomas - season ticket for life on 23:25 - Sep 15 by Darran

He's not.

Eh? he's a shareholder?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024