Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Chris Dunphy 18:24 - Feb 5 with 11346 viewsHullDale

Surprised this hasn't already been posted to be honest, but Chris Dunphy has indicated on Facebook that he (& a group of friends) would be interested in taking back over at Dale.

There are lots of caveats from him, including reservations about the unknown total debt, but he would be willing to step in if given 'total control' with a board of his choosing & no 'terrorists in the boardroom'.

I'm sharing this without opinion on the outcome, but do want to call out (before there is a huge clamour for the current board to go) that the current board stepped up to save the club after the exact person who forced Dunphy out originally left us up the proverbial creek for personal benefit.
Chris Dunphy on 21:05 - Feb 5 with 3699 viewsjudd

Chris Dunphy on 20:49 - Feb 5 by fourfourtwo

In 116 years of existence how many successful managers have we had? Rochdale has always been the pits of the football league but Dunphy played more of a part in changing that mantra than anyone.

Are you Anti-Dunphy as well Judd? You must be to quote my response.
M

Absolutely not.

Poll: What is it to be then?

Chris Dunphy on 21:09 - Feb 5 with 3671 viewsD_Alien

I'd agree with those who've already pointed the way for CD to become involved via the unsold share issue route; that is, CD plus others

The person at the centre of this is, in fact, our current chairman. I've a huge amount of respect for what Simon Gauge has done over the past 18-20 months. Has he been perfect? Of course not. A supporter with finance and time to invest. A professional background, with all the discipline that entails, but not a football businessman, so learning on the job under extreme pressure. It's been impressive, to say the least, and mistakes can be forgiven

CD's indications about a "controlling interest" are, imo, premature. If he's serious about coming in to help Dale through the next period in our history - whatever that entails - he'd be welcome to do so as far as i'm concerned. What would also concern me though is that his premature attempt to wrest control from our current chairman is inept, a kind of "all or nothing" statement. At the very least, it undermines all the stress that Simon Gauge has undergone by not only passing a kind of judgement on his chairmanship but even if he were to go down the obvious share acquisition route, it'd created a situation where Simon Gauge would be continually looking over his shoulder at CD and his cohort. Just as CD was with Bottomley, in fact. Did i describe CD's approach as inept? He needs to think again, and get on board with financial backing and some input that doesn't rock the boat. The future can take care of itself, but for now, i'm not impressed but would still welcome him back with a more conciliatory approach

[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 21:17]

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

Chris Dunphy on 21:40 - Feb 5 with 3559 viewsCockneyDale

The current Directors are beyond reproach, given all they've done, but I'd welcome some further football nous in the boardroom.

Ultimately, everyone - EVERYONE - needs to set aside any ego and work backwards from "What's best for the Club and how can I help facilitate that?".

And that includes us as fans.
Chris Dunphy on 22:20 - Feb 5 with 3442 viewsZac_B

Chris has accumulated seven (lovely) grandchildren since leaving Dale. I think he wants some time off from them!
Chris Dunphy on 22:31 - Feb 5 with 3396 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Dunphy on 21:40 - Feb 5 by CockneyDale

The current Directors are beyond reproach, given all they've done, but I'd welcome some further football nous in the boardroom.

Ultimately, everyone - EVERYONE - needs to set aside any ego and work backwards from "What's best for the Club and how can I help facilitate that?".

We seem to be missing something here, the club is theoretically up for sale. Simon and the Directors have openly declared that they are looking for a investor/ investors, they are looking far and wide, so that will mean at people who have no affinity with the club.Those people will want control of the club, that would be normal and it comes with a lot of risk.

If Chris Dunphy and associates bring the cash to the table as investors then their credibility would be difficult to ignore and far more preferable than persons unknown taking over the club. The argument as to whether the Chairman and Directors can work alongside a potential investor would probably be an irrelevance if somebody took a controlling interest in the club and the same criteria should be used if Chris Dunphy etc decided to throw their hat into the ring. Persons investing a large sum of money are obviously going to want to run the show and those in the Boardroom will know that.There can't be a rule for one investor and a rule for the other and personal issues don't come into it.

I don't believe anybody in the boardroom will have a personal issue with CD anyway and they are the ones running the club, not those from previous regime who might have locked horns in the past and still hold grudges. There are a lot of shares up for sale, maybe the Directors might also want to sell the MH shares they acquired probably against their better judgement in order to save the club.

The club is up for sale and if Chris Dunphy and his associates are interested in investing then why wouldn't that be welcomed? I can't make the fans forum but would like to know if outside investment only applies if the current boardroom are still left in position to run the club. I don't recall Simon ever mentioning that as a criteria to any investor and if that was the case then good luck with the search.

If finance can be raised give me Chris Dunphy every day of the week over outside investors with no association with the club.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 22:38]
Chris Dunphy on 22:37 - Feb 5 with 3355 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy on 22:31 - Feb 5 by TalkingSutty

We seem to be missing something here, the club is theoretically up for sale. Simon and the Directors have openly declared that they are looking for a investor/ investors, they are looking far and wide, so that will mean at people who have no affinity with the club.Those people will want control of the club, that would be normal and it comes with a lot of risk.

If Chris Dunphy and associates bring the cash to the table as investors then their credibility would be difficult to ignore and far more preferable than persons unknown taking over the club. The argument as to whether the Chairman and Directors can work alongside a potential investor would probably be an irrelevance if somebody took a controlling interest in the club and the same criteria should be used if Chris Dunphy etc decided to throw their hat into the ring. Persons investing a large sum of money are obviously going to want to run the show and those in the Boardroom will know that.There can't be a rule for one investor and a rule for the other and personal issues don't come into it.

I don't believe anybody in the boardroom will have a personal issue with CD anyway and they are the ones running the club, not those from previous regime who might have locked horns in the past and still hold grudges. There are a lot of shares up for sale, maybe the Directors might also want to sell the MH shares they acquired probably against their better judgement in order to save the club.

The club is up for sale and if Chris Dunphy and his associates are interested in investing then why wouldn't that be welcomed? I can't make the fans forum but would like to know if outside investment only applies if the current boardroom are still left in position to run the club. I don't recall Simon ever mentioning that as a criteria to any investor and if that was the case then good luck with the search.

If finance can be raised give me Chris Dunphy every day of the week over outside investors with no association with the club.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 22:38]

You're absolutely right TS, and that over-rides the point i was making. I just think this needs to be done the right way, not by applying pressure through social media. Hopefully there has been an approach by CD et al prior to what's emerged today

Chris Dunphy on 22:48 - Feb 5 with 3306 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Dunphy on 22:37 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

You're absolutely right TS, and that over-rides the point i was making. I just think this needs to be done the right way, not by applying pressure through social media. Hopefully there has been an approach by CD et al prior to what's emerged today

Agree with that. You can have degrees and qualifications coming out of your ears but communication skills can often trump them all. Grown men need to sit around a table and speak face to face, not over the phone or via social media.
Chris Dunphy on 22:48 - Feb 5 with 3305 viewsTomRAFC

Chris Dunphy on 22:37 - Feb 5 by D_Alien

This goes back to something tucked away in one of my earlier posts. Chris' personal Facebook page shouldn't be treated like a press release or public declaration of intent.

Whilst I think he could bring some much needed experience to the club, we're all free to fantasize and talk bollocks. Who hasn't enjoyed pub talk / blathering online without any expectation of it actually informing a major life decision?

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Login to get fewer ads

Chris Dunphy on 23:22 - Feb 5 with 3202 views49thseason

Since 1960, only 7 managers have won more games than they lost and 2 of them are Keith Hill (in two spells) . He also managed for more games than anyone else and his second spell had a win ratio only 4% worse than his first ( 39% - 43%). It was the wrong decision to sack him and since then no one has come close to even his 39% win ratio . BBM 31% , Stockdale 27%, Coleman 26%, Eyre,22%. Bentley 23%
Chris Dunphy on 23:47 - Feb 5 with 3135 viewsSandyman

Chris Dunphy on 23:22 - Feb 5 by 49thseason

Since 1960, only 7 managers have won more games than they lost and 2 of them are Keith Hill (in two spells) . He also managed for more games than anyone else and his second spell had a win ratio only 4% worse than his first ( 39% - 43%). It was the wrong decision to sack him and since then no one has come close to even his 39% win ratio . BBM 31% , Stockdale 27%, Coleman 26%, Eyre,22%. Bentley 23%

Hill HAD to be sacked second time round. The performances, team selection, league position and bewildered ramblings became too much. Remember, we had a run of conceding 15 goals in four games before getting an injury time consolation goal...

29 December 2018 Rochdale 0—4 Bradford City
1 January 2019 Doncaster Rovers 5—0 Rochdale
5 January 2019 Rochdale 0—4 Burton Albion
12 January 2019 Peterborough United 2—1 Rochdale

followed by

26 January 2019 Barnsley 2—1 Rochdale
2 February 2019 Walsall 1—2 Rochdale
9 February 2019 Rochdale 0—1 Coventry City
19 February 2019 Rochdale 3—4 AFC Wimbledon
23 February 2019 Plymouth Argyle 5—1 Rochdale

If I recall rightly, a vote of confidence by Roger then

2 March 2019 Luton Town 2—0 Rochdale

And out. We were 22nd in League One.

Alas, his position was untenable.
[Post edited 5 Feb 2023 23:50]
Chris Dunphy on 00:16 - Feb 6 with 3103 viewsDorkingDale

Oh Christ - my head hurts. Please let this nightmare end....where's Freddy Ratcliffe when you need him?
Chris Dunphy on 00:18 - Feb 6 with 3095 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy on 00:16 - Feb 6 by DorkingDale

Oh Christ - my head hurts. Please let this nightmare end....where's Freddy Ratcliffe when you need him?

It's a grave situation

Chris Dunphy on 00:32 - Feb 6 with 3080 viewsBazzanne

My suggestion would be for the board to invite Chris to the next home game as a guest of the club. They could all talk in an informal way about any plans for the club. I would love to Chris Dunphy back, a true supporter of the club and full of knowledge about running it.
Chris Dunphy on 00:41 - Feb 6 with 3067 viewsturnthescrew

Chris Dunphy on 23:47 - Feb 5 by Sandyman

Hill HAD to be sacked second time round. The performances, team selection, league position and bewildered ramblings became too much. Remember, we had a run of conceding 15 goals in four games before getting an injury time consolation goal...

followed by

He didn't HAVE to be sacked as you put it , but he was always GOING to be sacked, regardless of the Luton result. He probably knew that anyway and had known that for a matter of weeks.

Hill was being undermined at every turn because you-know-who was determined to get rid..

All the problems at this club in recent years can be traced back to DRB and his governance.

CD only wanted the best for this club and probably still does and I see nothing wrong in him offering himself up to help in any positive way possible.

It is surely in everyone's interests to get the backing, help, advice and experience to seek a way forward which will benefit the club on and off the field.

Rule nothing out.
Chris Dunphy on 10:02 - Feb 6 with 2729 viewsTomRAFC

https://rochdaleafcnews.com/2023/02/06/dunphy-has-no-interest-in-usurping-curren

Great work by Fitz here.

Hopefully these kind words can build a few bridges and he might buy himself a few shares to keep that connection.

Poll: Would you have Keith Hill back?

Chris Dunphy on 10:56 - Feb 6 with 2594 viewssamueloneils

I think its worth pointing out that this is not just a Dunphy/Gauge issue. We don`t know what the current feelings are around the Board. Messrs Courtney, Knight, Knight,Sarsfield, and Womald . Pockney may be slightly different, but all these came with two bites of investment when things appeared more rosy than today. Sure they will have weighed the risks, but Simon Gauge has done most of the talking for the Board, and may feel responsible for them. There is no doubt fresh investment is needed urgently, but all these Directors are critical to the outcome.

CD has been honest in saying he cannot guarantee to clear the debt, so it may be essential that another buyer may be a better option, although as has been pointed ot, the risk of an unknown buyer is obviously greater.

Not an easy decision for the Board.
Chris Dunphy on 11:02 - Feb 6 with 2541 viewsDorkingDale

Chris Dunphy on 23:47 - Feb 5 by Sandyman

followed by

IMHO it was his attitude that was the final straw - his relationship with the fans was at breaking point.
Chris Dunphy on 23:21 - Feb 6 with 2090 viewsA_Newby

Chris Dunphy on 21:40 - Feb 5 by CockneyDale

Agree with this 100%.

If Chris Dunphy could be persuaded to re-join the board I would like to see him take on a sort of director of football role and have a major input into player recruitment and contracts. I know this position is normally filled with a person from a playing / team management background but I think that Chris with his "football experience" could play a vital role in this.

As far as what fans can do, I know its only a small thing as I have posted previously that spending a few pounds more at each home game is one way. Buy an extra half time draw ticket, spend money on refreshments, have an extra drink in the bar before the match.

I know that if a few individuals do this it would only add small amounts into the Dale coffers but if as a large group we all do it then the income would mount up.
Chris Dunphy on 00:10 - Feb 7 with 2039 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Dunphy on 23:21 - Feb 6 by A_Newby

Agree with this 100%.

If Chris Dunphy could be persuaded to re-join the board I would like to see him take on a sort of director of football role and have a major input into player recruitment and contracts. I know this position is normally filled with a person from a playing / team management background but I think that Chris with his "football experience" could play a vital role in this.

As far as what fans can do, I know its only a small thing as I have posted previously that spending a few pounds more at each home game is one way. Buy an extra half time draw ticket, spend money on refreshments, have an extra drink in the bar before the match.

I know that if a few individuals do this it would only add small amounts into the Dale coffers but if as a large group we all do it then the income would mount up.

Good post, I'm not sure if it will happen though. In a ideal world the current board would be running the club without the need for outside investment and probably wouldn't need help off Chris Dunphy or anybody else. The reality is to exist as a EFL club you need to be comfortable with accumulating very big debt and it's more difficult year on year to survive. Does the club actually have to exist as a EFL Club though, is it that big a deal anymore?

Looking for outside investment is jumping into the frying pan again, the control of the club is out of the fans hands to a large extent and we are back to the old scenario. What would it probably achieve, maybe a guarantee of struggling to survive in the EFL for a longer period of time? It's probably too late for that to happen now anyway if we are being brutally honest.

Everybody who threw money into the buckets, donated to fund raising events and purchased shares bought into the concept of a fan owned club, one that would be run by the fans for the benefit of the fans and be safe from those who wished to profit from any involvement in it. The reason there is now a sudden u-turn from this plan is the desperation to carry on competing in the EFL but is it really worth it? Personally I don't think it is.

I would rather we row our own boat as fans and do it further down the pyramid at whatever level, safe in the knowledge that the bills are paid and we aren't at the mercy of money men and shysters. The fans, and i fully include Simon and the Directors in this, alongside David Clough have all invested over the last couple of years to protect the club and keep it fully fan owned. It seems daft to now invite unknown strangers with money to take part or even full ownership of the club to once again take it out of the fans hands.

Is there any appetite to cut our cloth accordingly and find a level that we can financially operate at as a viable fan owned club?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 1:25]
Chris Dunphy on 01:34 - Feb 7 with 1975 viewsSandyman

Chris Dunphy on 00:10 - Feb 7 by TalkingSutty

Good post, I'm not sure if it will happen though. In a ideal world the current board would be running the club without the need for outside investment and probably wouldn't need help off Chris Dunphy or anybody else. The reality is to exist as a EFL club you need to be comfortable with accumulating very big debt and it's more difficult year on year to survive. Does the club actually have to exist as a EFL Club though, is it that big a deal anymore?

Looking for outside investment is jumping into the frying pan again, the control of the club is out of the fans hands to a large extent and we are back to the old scenario. What would it probably achieve, maybe a guarantee of struggling to survive in the EFL for a longer period of time? It's probably too late for that to happen now anyway if we are being brutally honest.

Everybody who threw money into the buckets, donated to fund raising events and purchased shares bought into the concept of a fan owned club, one that would be run by the fans for the benefit of the fans and be safe from those who wished to profit from any involvement in it. The reason there is now a sudden u-turn from this plan is the desperation to carry on competing in the EFL but is it really worth it? Personally I don't think it is.

I would rather we row our own boat as fans and do it further down the pyramid at whatever level, safe in the knowledge that the bills are paid and we aren't at the mercy of money men and shysters. The fans, and i fully include Simon and the Directors in this, alongside David Clough have all invested over the last couple of years to protect the club and keep it fully fan owned. It seems daft to now invite unknown strangers with money to take part or even full ownership of the club to once again take it out of the fans hands.

Is there any appetite to cut our cloth accordingly and find a level that we can financially operate at as a viable fan owned club?
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 1:25]

TS: I know from the numerous conversations we've had that your passion for RAFC is beyond question, and may I say in deeds and not words as well. You've bust a gut for Dale in ways not a lot of people will know, and it is appreciated.

I see your point, but it leads towards the unambitious. Let's just keep rolling along wherever we are and be glad. Fighting to maintain the highest status possible has been the "raison d'etre" for all of us for decades. So it should always be IMHO. I know the on-pitch performances are awful right now, but we've seen loads of those and survived in the EFL.
Let's keep up the fight and give it a bloody good go, yet again.

Up The Dale.
Chris Dunphy on 01:58 - Feb 7 with 1966 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Dunphy on 01:34 - Feb 7 by Sandyman

TS: I know from the numerous conversations we've had that your passion for RAFC is beyond question, and may I say in deeds and not words as well. You've bust a gut for Dale in ways not a lot of people will know, and it is appreciated.

I see your point, but it leads towards the unambitious. Let's just keep rolling along wherever we are and be glad. Fighting to maintain the highest status possible has been the "raison d'etre" for all of us for decades. So it should always be IMHO. I know the on-pitch performances are awful right now, but we've seen loads of those and survived in the EFL.
Let's keep up the fight and give it a bloody good go, yet again.

Up The Dale.

Thanks for your kind words but many more fans have done much more than me, I'm one of the smaller cogs in the wheel. My fear is that we may become so saddled down with debt that we might not be left with any escape route...all in order to be a member of a organisation (EFL) that doesn't care if the club lives or dies. I'm also sick to the back teeth of worrying about inviting strangers into the club who for reasons unknown might suddenly decide they fancy investing in it. My ambition stretches to the longevity of the club in whatever guise, it's about the only thing that the fans might be able to influence.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 3:25]
Chris Dunphy on 07:15 - Feb 7 with 1810 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy on 01:58 - Feb 7 by TalkingSutty

Thanks for your kind words but many more fans have done much more than me, I'm one of the smaller cogs in the wheel. My fear is that we may become so saddled down with debt that we might not be left with any escape route...all in order to be a member of a organisation (EFL) that doesn't care if the club lives or dies. I'm also sick to the back teeth of worrying about inviting strangers into the club who for reasons unknown might suddenly decide they fancy investing in it. My ambition stretches to the longevity of the club in whatever guise, it's about the only thing that the fans might be able to influence.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 3:25]

This debate between your good self and Sandyman seems to be the crux of the matter

I'd be inclined to ask whether being a fan-owned club would be sufficient, not just for Dale to survive without the anxiety of outside ownership but with the prospect of being competitive

Would our home support hold up around a baseline 2000? Do the demographics of our town suggest that's likely? If the answer is "not sure", can those of us - the older generation of lifelong fans - count on the younger generation to continue that tradition, especially outside the football league?

If not, then i'm afraid we'd have to be looking for external investment. Without it, a Dale team struggling in the National League or even below just won't have a fanbase capable of sustaining it. Just think how dire it's been watching these past couple of years. We're turning up out of tradition, nowt else. Youngsters just won't do that, when they see paid footballers unable to do the basics

It's a predicament, and this decision needs to happen soon. I wouldn't blame the current board for wanting to have an "out" option for their investment either, the investment that's saved us to fight another day. Maybe the reality has kicked in for them this past year. The abuse they're getting is so counterproductive. I've tried calling it out on here, as have others, and on other platforms, but the mindless abuse is uncon*troll*able. Suggestions of an hidden agenda too

It's good we can have this debate, it's probably the most vital one in Dale's history, which we can foresee rather than have to react to, as with the MH crisis. So let's have it, and let's try to ensure the board understand that we can do so sensibly, and with their crucial input fully recognised, whilst never being afraid to voice valid concerns
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 12:01]

Chris Dunphy on 07:59 - Feb 7 with 1735 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Dunphy on 07:15 - Feb 7 by D_Alien

This debate between your good self and Sandyman seems to be the crux of the matter

I'd be inclined to ask whether being a fan-owned club would be sufficient, not just for Dale to survive without the anxiety of outside ownership but with the prospect of being competitive

Would our home support hold up around a baseline 2000? Do the demographics of our town suggest that's likely? If the answer is "not sure", can those of us - the older generation of lifelong fans - count on the younger generation to continue that tradition, especially outside the football league?

If not, then i'm afraid we'd have to be looking for external investment. Without it, a Dale team struggling in the National League or even below just won't have a fanbase capable of sustaining it. Just think how dire it's been watching these past couple of years. We're turning up out of tradition, nowt else. Youngsters just won't do that, when they see paid footballers unable to do the basics

It's a predicament, and this decision needs to happen soon. I wouldn't blame the current board for wanting to have an "out" option for their investment either, the investment that's saved us to fight another day. Maybe the reality has kicked in for them this past year. The abuse they're getting is so counterproductive. I've tried calling it out on here, as have others, and on other platforms, but the mindless abuse is uncon*troll*able. Suggestions of an hidden agenda too

It's good we can have this debate, it's probably the most vital one in Dale's history, which we can foresee rather than have to react to, as with the MH crisis. So let's have it, and let's try to ensure the board understand that we can do so sensibly, and with their crucial input fully recognised, whilst never being afraid to voice valid concerns
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 12:01]

Your point about the current board maybe looking for a 'out" option in order to recoup the money they have invested into the club is a very valid one and who could blame them if that was the case? I think they had been more or less backed into a corner when it came to purchasing back the MH shares and whatever happens they need to be reimbursed at some point,that should be a priority. I'm not sure how we would go about doing that though to be honest, could remortgaging the stadium be the answer?

Maybe Simon and the Directors will put their cards on the table at the fans forum regarding how they see their roles in the club going forward. I hope they are still fully committed but would totally understand if they have decided that they have taken the club as far as they can and that is one of the reasons they are looking for new investors. No matter what they decide in the future they have been absolute stars. What has happened on the pitch has been coming for many years, you can't sell all your best players and not replace them and then give secret contracts to managers, deliberately run the club down. To expect a rookie board to suddenly repair that damage while fighting a hostile takeover isn't being reasonable.

I'll admit that i don't know what decision would be best for the club in the long run. I wish i did but i don't.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 8:10]
Chris Dunphy on 08:35 - Feb 7 with 1649 viewsD_Alien

Chris Dunphy on 07:59 - Feb 7 by TalkingSutty

Your point about the current board maybe looking for a 'out" option in order to recoup the money they have invested into the club is a very valid one and who could blame them if that was the case? I think they had been more or less backed into a corner when it came to purchasing back the MH shares and whatever happens they need to be reimbursed at some point,that should be a priority. I'm not sure how we would go about doing that though to be honest, could remortgaging the stadium be the answer?

Maybe Simon and the Directors will put their cards on the table at the fans forum regarding how they see their roles in the club going forward. I hope they are still fully committed but would totally understand if they have decided that they have taken the club as far as they can and that is one of the reasons they are looking for new investors. No matter what they decide in the future they have been absolute stars. What has happened on the pitch has been coming for many years, you can't sell all your best players and not replace them and then give secret contracts to managers, deliberately run the club down. To expect a rookie board to suddenly repair that damage while fighting a hostile takeover isn't being reasonable.

I'll admit that i don't know what decision would be best for the club in the long run. I wish i did but i don't.
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 8:10]

I share your hope that the fans forum, rather than being a vortex of perhaps drink-fuelled criticism can instead be the starting point for agreeing a way forward

The lack of uptake from fans of the most recent share issue might be seen as a signal to the board that the fanbase just hadn't got the resources to sustain the 'fan-owned' model, hence the board's apparent u-turn. It'd be better for ALL concerned if this were to be acknowledged on Thursday, so that the future of our club can be taken forward without rancour or an unnecessary divide between the board, who're fans themselves, and the rest of the fanbase
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 12:02]

Chris Dunphy on 08:49 - Feb 7 with 1612 viewsTalkingSutty

Chris Dunphy on 08:35 - Feb 7 by D_Alien

I share your hope that the fans forum, rather than being a vortex of perhaps drink-fuelled criticism can instead be the starting point for agreeing a way forward

The lack of uptake from fans of the most recent share issue might be seen as a signal to the board that the fanbase just hadn't got the resources to sustain the 'fan-owned' model, hence the board's apparent u-turn. It'd be better for ALL concerned if this were to be acknowledged on Thursday, so that the future of our club can be taken forward without rancour or an unnecessary divide between the board, who're fans themselves, and the rest of the fanbase
[Post edited 7 Feb 2023 12:02]

Spot on, some clarity from Simon and the Directors would be good, however unpalatable that might be. I'm confused as to whether they want to work alongside a investor or prefer somebody to take over the club completely? I'm not sure if they have clarified their preference. Whatever they decide to do they need to keep the shareholders and supporters informed, i would imagine the overwhelming majority would support them in any reasoned decision, we owe them that as a fanbase after saving the club.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024