Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Should Dominic Cummins resign? 16:07 - May 24 with 21367 views1949er

Should Dominic Cummins resign?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Where will we finish this season?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:49 - May 26 with 1431 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:38 - May 26 by AtThePeake

Not a Kinnock fan by any stretch of the imagination and definitely think he was in the wrong in visiting his parents - but did you attempt to get a Sainsbury's or Tesco delivery in March? Nigh-on impossible.

No it wasnt, I got deliveries from Tesco, Morrisons and occasionally Iceland. And haven't set foot inside a supermarket since the end of January.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:59 - May 26 with 1418 viewsEllGazzell

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:49 - May 26 by 49thseason

No it wasnt, I got deliveries from Tesco, Morrisons and occasionally Iceland. And haven't set foot inside a supermarket since the end of January.

Just because you got deliveries doesn't mean all was well. I and many other people couldn't get deliveries organised for love nor money.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:59 - May 26 with 1413 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 12:59 - May 26 by NorthernDale

I feel that Dominic Cummings was foolish in driving up to Durham, but so as many other people this pandemic and I find the hypocrisy of Labour is outstanding in that according to reports four of them have broken the rules, including if it is true, the Welsh government health minister. If one resigns then others should also resign, you cannot have double standards because of your party they represent.

Now there are rumours on Twiiter that Ian Blackford, the SNP leader at Westminster and who as been critical of Cummings, may have also broken the lockdown rules.

I wish I could say that I am shocked by the hypocrisy of politicians from all parties.

I must admit that I shocked that Stephen Kinnock claimed £200,000 in expenses, what for?

£153K of staffing expenses.
https://www.theipsa.org.uk/mp-costs/interactive-map/
[Post edited 26 May 2020 14:01]
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:04 - May 26 with 1402 viewsAtThePeake

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:49 - May 26 by 49thseason

I tried repeatedly to get delivery slots for Sainsbury's, Tesco and Morrisons in Salford as my asthma was playing up at the time and I was fearful of heading out. After over a week of trying several times a day on all three sites I had to bite the bullet and go myself. Either deliveries were less popular in your area or you have much better timing than me.

Tangled up in blue.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:04 - May 26 with 1395 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:59 - May 26 by EllGazzell

Just because you got deliveries doesn't mean all was well. I and many other people couldn't get deliveries organised for love nor money.

I suppose I must just be lucky.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:08 - May 26 with 1388 views49thseason

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:04 - May 26 by AtThePeake

I tried repeatedly to get delivery slots for Sainsbury's, Tesco and Morrisons in Salford as my asthma was playing up at the time and I was fearful of heading out. After over a week of trying several times a day on all three sites I had to bite the bullet and go myself. Either deliveries were less popular in your area or you have much better timing than me.

Ron Chalker delivers fruit and veg, Deckers will deliver meat, you can also get some staples from Amazon Pantry.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:36 - May 26 with 1339 viewsAtThePeake

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:08 - May 26 by 49thseason

Ron Chalker delivers fruit and veg, Deckers will deliver meat, you can also get some staples from Amazon Pantry.

Not really my point though is it? My point was more that it hasn't been as easy as ordering food from the Tesco or Sainsbury site at any time you like for a lot of people, and a lot of people who have been asked to self isolate have been relying on people dropping food off for them over the last few months.

Again, I'm not defending Kinnock. I'm no fan of his and if he was dropping off essentials then he should have knocked with those essentials and left immediately rather than sitting in the front garden on a chair for a chat - but the actual act of dropping off essentials for family members is completely reasonable and justifiable and something that hundreds of thousands of people across the country will have had to do in the last few months.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Tangled up in blue.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:41 - May 26 with 1314 viewsJames1980

Re supermarket deliveries didn't people have problems registering new accounts?

'Only happy when you've got it often makes you miss the journey'
Poll: What does Jim need ?

Login to get fewer ads

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:51 - May 26 with 1298 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 13:59 - May 26 by 49thseason

£153K of staffing expenses.
https://www.theipsa.org.uk/mp-costs/interactive-map/
[Post edited 26 May 2020 14:01]

That’s not 200k in expenses though is it? Furthermore, what is that relative to other MPs?

Poll: Was the Incredible Hulk a sh!thouse?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:53 - May 26 with 1294 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:08 - May 26 by 49thseason

These are not supermarkets.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:02 - May 26 with 1283 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:51 - May 26 by BigDaveMyCock

That’s not 200k in expenses though is it? Furthermore, what is that relative to other MPs?

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/all

Interesting but the headline figures do not always tell the full tale. The most expensive MPs are SNP but they have the furthest to travel to and from Westminster and their consistuencies are typically larger than others. Those who are cheapest might live close to parliament or are in safe seats so do not necessarily do much extra that would typically inccur expenses.

Probably the most insightful piece of information is the number of claims under £1. 1p for a banner and 5p for mileage expenses are clearly high, or is that lowlights!
[Post edited 26 May 2020 15:17]
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:21 - May 26 with 1244 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:02 - May 26 by isitme

https://www.mpsexpenses.info/#!/all

Interesting but the headline figures do not always tell the full tale. The most expensive MPs are SNP but they have the furthest to travel to and from Westminster and their consistuencies are typically larger than others. Those who are cheapest might live close to parliament or are in safe seats so do not necessarily do much extra that would typically inccur expenses.

Probably the most insightful piece of information is the number of claims under £1. 1p for a banner and 5p for mileage expenses are clearly high, or is that lowlights!
[Post edited 26 May 2020 15:17]

I looked up Kinnock and it looked very unspectacular if I’m honest. 148k in staffing and the rest in rent on what would be London accommodation. Nothing in there that made me think Dominic Cummings was right I’m afraid.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 22:14]

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:25 - May 26 with 1233 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:21 - May 26 by BigDaveMyCock

I looked up Kinnock and it looked very unspectacular if I’m honest. 148k in staffing and the rest in rent on what would be London accommodation. Nothing in there that made me think Dominic Cummings was right I’m afraid.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 22:14]

He did buy something on Amazon for £0.93, although to be fair that will probably be using the default parlimentary credit card which he uses for all his expenses which is linked to the account!
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:44 - May 26 with 1208 viewsBigDaveMyCock

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 15:25 - May 26 by isitme

He did buy something on Amazon for £0.93, although to be fair that will probably be using the default parlimentary credit card which he uses for all his expenses which is linked to the account!

I have no idea why 49th has raised the issue of Kinnock’s expenses. I’m not sure he does tbf.
[Post edited 26 May 2020 15:45]

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:04 - May 26 with 1177 viewsforeverhopefulDale

None of this bollox about Kinnock or indeed anyone else who has broke or bent the rules takes away from the facts about Cummings.

He unnecessarily broke the rules, unnecessary because help would have been available for his family in London, via Social Services, or the NHS, if none of his London based friends or family could not help them. Driving over 200 miles with the possibility of becoming seriously ill , was very stupid and selfish, and could have caused a very serious accident on a motorway or A road.

Poll: Will you be signing up to Direct Debit for Goldbond?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:27 - May 26 with 1148 viewsEllGazzell

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 16:04 - May 26 by foreverhopefulDale

None of this bollox about Kinnock or indeed anyone else who has broke or bent the rules takes away from the facts about Cummings.

He unnecessarily broke the rules, unnecessary because help would have been available for his family in London, via Social Services, or the NHS, if none of his London based friends or family could not help them. Driving over 200 miles with the possibility of becoming seriously ill , was very stupid and selfish, and could have caused a very serious accident on a motorway or A road.

Nothing can detract from what Cummings did while we were all obeying the rules in both law and spirit.

Anyone with a morsel of honour would have held their hands up and done the right thing. If only for the sake of the country which he purports to have been thinking of so much when straining every sinew to get back to London and work*

*Obviously after testing his eyesight out with a drive to a castle and back.

Poll: If possible tomorrow, which model do you choose for Dale?

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:47 - May 26 with 1108 viewsfrenzied

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:04 - May 26 by AtThePeake

if you call the NHS volunteer scheme a good sam could help you out with shopping deliveries...0808 196 3646
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:57 - May 26 with 1100 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:47 - May 26 by frenzied

if you call the NHS volunteer scheme a good sam could help you out with shopping deliveries...0808 196 3646

Do they check if you’ve got a niece in the North East first?

(But yes, heard good things about the services ran by those volunteering)

Poll: Greatest Ever Dale Game

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:29 - May 26 with 1061 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 17:47 - May 26 by frenzied

Or appear in the filming of a rap video in Aylsebury, if they are one of the first two hundred to turn up!

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-52807816
[Post edited 26 May 2020 18:35]
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:35 - May 26 with 1052 viewswimborne_dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 14:36 - May 26 by AtThePeake

Not really my point though is it? My point was more that it hasn't been as easy as ordering food from the Tesco or Sainsbury site at any time you like for a lot of people, and a lot of people who have been asked to self isolate have been relying on people dropping food off for them over the last few months.

Again, I'm not defending Kinnock. I'm no fan of his and if he was dropping off essentials then he should have knocked with those essentials and left immediately rather than sitting in the front garden on a chair for a chat - but the actual act of dropping off essentials for family members is completely reasonable and justifiable and something that hundreds of thousands of people across the country will have had to do in the last few months.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Dropping off essentials?
Stephen Kinnock is MP for Aberavon,
I don't know if he lives in the constituency but that is over 150 miles from London.

Edgar Allan's Crow

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:37 - May 26 with 1045 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:35 - May 26 by wimborne_dale

Dropping off essentials?
Stephen Kinnock is MP for Aberavon,
I don't know if he lives in the constituency but that is over 150 miles from London.

They were essentials.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:40 - May 26 with 1029 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:37 - May 26 by isitme

They were essentials.

And nobody knows if he was just testing his eyesight and ended up going too far.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:41 - May 26 with 1022 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:40 - May 26 by 442Dale

And nobody knows if he was just testing his eyesight and ended up going too far.

There might have even been roadworks and that was the diversion? When we played Doncaster in the cup I think I had to go about 50 miles out of the way to get home due to roadworks.
Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:43 - May 26 with 1009 views442Dale

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:41 - May 26 by isitme

There might have even been roadworks and that was the diversion? When we played Doncaster in the cup I think I had to go about 50 miles out of the way to get home due to roadworks.

Remember that night. Also a similar issue coming back from York one Tuesday night.

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:48 - May 26 with 996 viewsisitme

Should Dominic Cummins resign? on 18:43 - May 26 by 442Dale

Remember that night. Also a similar issue coming back from York one Tuesday night.

If they had only delayed closing the motorway for an hour it would have been helpful and probably had no impact on the roadworks. Sometimes a little common sense goes a long way!
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024