Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Retained/released list 16:25 - May 3 with 15122 viewsDaleiLama

http://www.rochdaleafc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/rochdale-afc-rochdale-dale-ret

As it's not long, here's the full version

Following the conclusion of the 2016-17 season, Manager Keith Hill has today confirmed his retained/ released list.

Out of contract players Conrad Logan, Matty Lund, Donal McDermott, Nathaniel Mendez-Laing, Reuben Noble-Lazarus and Joe Rafferty have all been offered new deals.

Matty Gillam has been offered his first professional contract.

Johny Diba and David Owusu, who are out of contract, will be leaving the club, while Jack Redshaw, Joel Taylor and Ben Wilson have returned to their parent clubs. We would like place on record our thanks to these players and wish them the very best of luck for the future.

All other players remain under contract.

.....................................................................................................................................
Donal maybe the biggest surprise - Keith obviously thinks there is more to come.
[Post edited 3 May 2017 16:28]

Up the Dale - NOT for sale!
Poll: Is it coming home?

Retained/released list on 22:40 - May 3 with 4996 viewsdingdangblue

Retained/released list on 18:45 - May 3 by Toffeemanc

Can't believe RNL hasn't been released. You can guarantee that he will be the first to sign up even if it is on reduced terms, because it will still be more money than playing in non league which is surely what he is destined for.
Lund and NML can be replaced, for me the one to be kept at all costs is Rafferty.

Going off NML's recent performances - there can't be many better in our division - he's in the form of his life and is unplayable at times. I think he's pretty much irreplaceable - certainly if you are looking at free transfers and in our wage budget.

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10
Poll: Are fans more annoyed losing or not playing Henderson centre forward?

Retained/released list on 23:15 - May 3 with 4923 viewsBendy

Whilst I would prefer Lund to stay I think he's the one which I'd be least worried about losing out of him, NML and Raff. However that's only because there's an embarrassment of riches in the centre of the pitch already. Camps and Allen are already there. Rathbone will be embarking on perhaps his most crucial season as a pro and will need game time to improve and flourish. Morley will have more chance of being blooded (same goes for Gilliam presuming that his signing is a formality). And we shouldn't forget Andy Cannon either.

Add to that a couple of CBs being signed would give scope for Keane to play in his more natural midfield position as well we are not exactly short of midfielders who can do a job.
Retained/released list on 23:24 - May 3 with 4898 viewsBendy

As for Donal being offered a new deal I don't mind that. If he stays then either he will play regularly which means he is performing well, or he will be in the bench which means we have a potential game changer to call upon. Even if that is his primary squad role for next season we probably wouldn't get any better for the wages.

With the likelihood that we are losing NML we can't afford to lose too many wingers, and even if NML did resign there's nothing to stop Dale withdrawing the contract offer from Donal or Reuben if they stall if other options materialise.
Retained/released list on 23:28 - May 3 with 4891 viewssweetcorn

Retained/released list on 18:45 - May 3 by Toffeemanc

Can't believe RNL hasn't been released. You can guarantee that he will be the first to sign up even if it is on reduced terms, because it will still be more money than playing in non league which is surely what he is destined for.
Lund and NML can be replaced, for me the one to be kept at all costs is Rafferty.

I'll have a pint of what you're on..

NML has been unplayable the last quarter of the season and is possibly the best winger in this league.

We cant possibly expect to find a like for like replacement.

Leader of the little gang of immature cretins.

Retained/released list on 00:43 - May 4 with 4827 viewsDaley_Lama

Of those offered new contracts, top to bottom wish list from me.

1. NML

Not just because he performed excellently from Feb onwards, but also the linked understanding he seems to have formed with.....Callum Camps. Callum does runs dependant on what NML is up to. When NML is facing up a full back, Callum is legging it into the box and then looking for the pull back.

2. Conrad Logan

1 elephant in the room condition on this. Get 95% fit

3. Joe Rafferty

With a guarantee he will play at RB for 46 games if fit and available. He fills in ok elsewhere, but if we are to improve, then we need better cover elsewhere

4. Matty Lund

Almost surprised to put him so far down myself, but that is due to three factors this season. 1. He plays in the area we have most cover. 2. He picks up yellows for fun. 3 He is an international bench-warmer (victim of own success)

5. RNL

I wouldn't be upset if RNL left. He is 23 and has 35 appearances in 3 years for us. I don't even know his best position. He was fine as an attacking LB at Oldham, he's done fine as a wide midfielder. He looks fine to my eye but is obviously not ticking all the boxes to break through at our club. Another club who will play him every game might just be the trick for him.

6. Donal McDermott

Like him, like his skill, like his ability to produce a wonder goal. Problem is, our team issue is at the other end, stopping them. Sub who was subbed, sent off at Posh with a daft tackle, did one v Bradford which was similar but the Bradford player didn't do a swan lake.

If we were lacking up front, different matter, but it is defence we need to strengthen, to which he adds very little.

In reality, I suspect NML and Lund might be tapped up by bigger clubs. These things happen.

If we are to progress next season however a fit Logan and remaining Rafferty would be good building blocks.

Poll: DF in or out

Retained/released list on 05:24 - May 4 with 4777 viewsColDale

Acc to Dale Player, Reuben and Raff would be eligible for a fee and he expects NML and Lund to leave.
Retained/released list on 08:28 - May 4 with 4625 viewsThacks_Rabbits

That's a good point re Raff. He is not 24 until 6th October this year and as we have offered a contract we would get a fee.

Every Team Needs A John Ryan - The Winger Who's a Ringer!!!!!
Poll: Which player would you rather have if Twitter rumour is correct (unlikely)

Retained/released list on 08:40 - May 4 with 4606 viewsDaleiLama

Retained/released list on 20:42 - May 3 by isitme

Decent call. Wouldn't be surprised if we didn't end up swapping right backs.

Send them Canavan and a LB (Calvin ) too and the whole back 4 could be "one of own"

Login to get fewer ads

Retained/released list on 09:18 - May 4 with 4526 viewsleedsdale

Retained/released list on 05:24 - May 4 by ColDale

Acc to Dale Player, Reuben and Raff would be eligible for a fee and he expects NML and Lund to leave.

He mentions wanting a squad of 24 with 22 of those outfield players, so if no one were to leave then we would need 2 more players.

There was also talk of not expecting much activity over the next 4-6 weeks although he does have meetings with potential signings lined up - was really hammering home the point about the quality of players we have picked up later on in the summer window over recent years.

Might just be me, but hopeful Raff will stay as Hill didn't seem to talk about him leaving in the same way he did NML or Lund
Retained/released list on 09:21 - May 4 with 4523 viewsdingdangblue

The only fee we are likely to get with RNL is a medical one!

Its a BRILLIANT goal to cap a BRILLIANT start by Rochdale - Don Goodman 26/08/10

Retained/released list on 11:05 - May 4 with 4355 viewsDaleiLama

[Post edited 4 May 2017 11:07]

Retained/released list on 11:16 - May 4 with 4315 views100notout

Retained/released list on 09:21 - May 4 by dingdangblue

The only fee we are likely to get with RNL is a medical one!

RNL is only 23 and if we can get money for George Donnelly, we can certainly get a fee for RNL.

(Or have I been whooshed!)

Poll: So who do you believe - Hendo or the Board?

Retained/released list on 13:06 - May 4 with 4126 viewsShun

Retained/released list on 09:18 - May 4 by leedsdale

He mentions wanting a squad of 24 with 22 of those outfield players, so if no one were to leave then we would need 2 more players.

There was also talk of not expecting much activity over the next 4-6 weeks although he does have meetings with potential signings lined up - was really hammering home the point about the quality of players we have picked up later on in the summer window over recent years.

Might just be me, but hopeful Raff will stay as Hill didn't seem to talk about him leaving in the same way he did NML or Lund

The latter point in your middle paragraph is a good one. Davies and NML both signed quite late in the past two seasons.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 16:16]
Retained/released list on 13:39 - May 4 with 4031 viewsAtThePeake

Retained/released list on 13:06 - May 4 by Shun

The latter point in your middle paragraph is a good one. Davies and NML both signed quite late in the past two seasons.
[Post edited 4 May 2017 16:16]

Matty Done returned on summer deadline day a couple of years ago too.

Tangled up in blue.

Retained/released list on 15:56 - May 4 with 3850 viewswatford_dale

Retained/released list on 22:40 - May 3 by dingdangblue

Going off NML's recent performances - there can't be many better in our division - he's in the form of his life and is unplayable at times. I think he's pretty much irreplaceable - certainly if you are looking at free transfers and in our wage budget.

He has had 5 - 6 blinding performances this season, that still leaves 39 - 40 games he disappeared/didn't play in. Plus the blinding games came towards the end of the season when he was looking for a new employer/playing for a new contract with Dale.
Retained/released list on 16:20 - May 4 with 3790 viewsShun

Retained/released list on 15:56 - May 4 by watford_dale

He has had 5 - 6 blinding performances this season, that still leaves 39 - 40 games he disappeared/didn't play in. Plus the blinding games came towards the end of the season when he was looking for a new employer/playing for a new contract with Dale.

He's had more than 5 or 6 good games. The final 2 or so months he was near unplayable in almost every game. The standard he's shown in these games is probably the best Dale have ever seen from a winger. And for the rest of the season he was hardly missing. He was having good games and bad games like anyone else in the squad, and he was still contributing nicely to our season.
Retained/released list on 16:49 - May 4 with 3713 viewsdingdangblue

Retained/released list on 16:20 - May 4 by Shun

He's had more than 5 or 6 good games. The final 2 or so months he was near unplayable in almost every game. The standard he's shown in these games is probably the best Dale have ever seen from a winger. And for the rest of the season he was hardly missing. He was having good games and bad games like anyone else in the squad, and he was still contributing nicely to our season.

Totally.

Retained/released list on 16:51 - May 4 with 3703 viewsYorkshire_Dale

Retained/released list on 16:20 - May 4 by Shun

Marked down in error Shunt....agree with all your comments on NML....Total Star Man.

If we keep him it would be the coupe of the close season.
Retained/released list on 22:28 - May 4 with 3315 viewsBigKindo

Lund has played 104 times for Dale in 4 seasons. In his first season he played 40 matches. In the past three seasons he has played only 21/22 games/season, well under half of the fixtures. If he turns down a contract at Dale will any potential employer take this into account?
Retained/released list on 15:48 - May 5 with 3061 viewsSaxonDale

Retained/released list on 13:39 - May 4 by AtThePeake

Matty Done returned on summer deadline day a couple of years ago too.

Hilly's success rate in that late August period for signings is incredible. Done, NML, Keane, Dawson, Davies have all came into the side and been stand out performers. Makes you wonder how we'd do if we had the finances even close to many of the clubs in our league.
Retained/released list on 18:06 - May 5 with 2919 viewsNewbury_Dale

Anyone know which final year academy players have been released?
Retained/released list on 18:11 - May 5 with 2896 viewsmacro

I’m assuming all were released bar Gillam
Retained/released list on 08:52 - May 7 with 2451 viewssykeboy

Papers reporting that Burton are keen on signing Lund
Retained/released list on 10:13 - May 7 with 2343 viewsBartRowou

It's "coup" and "clique".

Poll: Should Bury shop elsewhere for frames?

Retained/released list on 10:35 - May 7 with 2289 viewsD_Alien

Retained/released list on 10:13 - May 7 by BartRowou

It's "coup" and "clique".

tbf, I thought YD might've been comparing NML to a sleek two-door sports model

Poll: What are you planning to do v Newport

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024