Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland 12:23 - Jun 11 with 7281 viewsleicesterdale

Going with missus to Elton John concert this evening at Grace Road- does anyone remember seeing him at Spotland in Directors box in the ? 1970's home to Watford. Bleak Winter's Tuesday evening, certainly stood out amongst the crowd (him, not me).

Who's the 'biggest' celebrity you've seen at Spotland?
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:52 - Jun 11 with 2502 views1mark1

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:39 - Jun 11 by chalkyncfc

Shipman was born and lived about a mile from where I live,he was Notts through and through so get your own mass killer supporter

We had the vile Cyril Smith, friend of the killer Asbestos industry and spanker and groper of teenagers.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 16:03]

Poll: How much is your support for the Royals?

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:52 - Jun 11 with 2502 viewschalkyncfc

We used to get Ken Clarke down as well but he's a red and so got to f#*k off back over the Trent by the kop lot but he only came down when there was an election on for some reason,anyway he doesnt bother coming down anymore
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 16:02 - Jun 11 with 2478 views1mark1

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:52 - Jun 11 by chalkyncfc

We used to get Ken Clarke down as well but he's a red and so got to f#*k off back over the Trent by the kop lot but he only came down when there was an election on for some reason,anyway he doesnt bother coming down anymore

Well he's a big friend of the killer Tobacco industry, like our dodgy MP.

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 16:48 - Jun 11 with 2426 viewsrobtheb

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:39 - Jun 11 by chalkyncfc

Shipman was born and lived about a mile from where I live,he was Notts through and through so get your own mass killer supporter

Saw Cyril Smith there once, also Stuart Hall..............creepy!
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:08 - Jun 11 with 2377 viewspioneer

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:50 - Jun 11 by TalkingSutty

The scoreline was 3-1 that day if i remember right. I thought it was a Saturday game,funny how your mind plays tricks.

I think he might have been twice. i remember a saturday game when he was there, but think it was while he was with a woman (did he eventually marry her) who he later paraded around wembley when watford made the cup final
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:15 - Jun 11 with 2374 viewsBrighouseDale

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:55 - Jun 11 by nordenblue

Wasn't Alan Halsall,Tyrone off Corrie doing the halftime draw last season or season before?

I saw him pulling up in his Range Rover. It was during Steve Eyre's reign, think he must have been mates with one of the Man City youngsters.

I am the resurrection and I am the light.

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:20 - Jun 11 with 2368 views1mark1

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:08 - Jun 11 by pioneer

I think he might have been twice. i remember a saturday game when he was there, but think it was while he was with a woman (did he eventually marry her) who he later paraded around wembley when watford made the cup final

Elton John was here for a Saturday match I am convinced, and possibly for a Tuesday game as well.

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:35 - Jun 11 with 2352 viewsdalestats

The Emmerdale lass was the one who played Chasity Dingle, Conrad Logan’s mate was Sam Bailey.

I’m sure a few years ago a celebrity chef was up in the lounge

Poll: Remain in the eu

Login to get fewer ads

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 19:42 - Jun 11 with 2313 viewsSteTsGoldenBoot

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:35 - Jun 11 by dalestats

The Emmerdale lass was the one who played Chasity Dingle, Conrad Logan’s mate was Sam Bailey.

Saw Jenny Bradley who at the time was grieving over her dads tram accident with half the Oldham team.

Neil Edmunds being the interest at the time I believe.

Everything thats been, has past. The answers in the looking glass!

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 01:23 - Jun 12 with 2231 viewsTVOS1907

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 18:35 - Jun 11 by dalestats

You would probably need to be in the lounge on a fairly regular basis to know things like that.

When I was your age, I used to enjoy the odd game of tennis. Or was it golf?

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 08:20 - Jun 12 with 2193 viewsBigKindo

Wasn't Patrick Stewart in the Ratcliife before a pre season friendly with Huddersfield a few seasons ago?
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:53 - Jun 12 with 2103 viewswindowsbug

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 14:01 - Jun 11 by SuddenLad

The night you're talking about was the very day that the Press published the news that Elton was gay.

I spoke to him in the tunnel efore the kick off and offered to swap coats, so that he could look less conspicuous. He declined the offer, which was a relief because pink has never been my favourite colour !!

Last couple of seasons have seen David Blunkett, Roy Hattersley gracing the Directors Box, Lisa Stansfield, a variety of 'soap' stars. Graeme Souness and Kenny Dalglish once came to the same match to watch Chris Viinnicombe whilst he was at Exeter.. Souness was at Rangers at the time and Viicome joined Rangers shortly afterwards.

John Motson, Tommy Trinder, David Beckham, Harry Catterick, Bill Shankly. I'm guessing there is an almost endless list over the years.
[Post edited 11 Jun 2016 14:02]

If you were in the tunnel that day...
You may know my wife Joanne.
Her mum did the food for the press and guests at half time.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2016 13:43]
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 19:16 - Jun 12 with 2001 viewsflyerdale

That actor from life on Mars, Ashes to Ashes and. Corrie. Marshall Lancaster was in the Church Inn beer garden ready to support his beloved Macclesfield Town one year. Infact I think he's a regular in the railway pub near their ground as spotted him a few times at games over there.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:26 - Jun 14 with 1802 viewsjav14

Sir Patrick Stewart. It was a pre season friendly when we were in Lg 2 back in 2005, I think. Absolutely a dreadful game. A commando pigeon landed on the pitch and refused to fly off, despite nearly being hit by the ball a few times. Got the biggest cheer as well.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:40 - Jun 14 with 1780 viewsdalenumber2

I know he is football celebrity but I met Bobby Charlton and his wife as Spotland back in the late 70's. I even had a conversation with them both - charming couple they were.
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 15:06 - Jun 14 with 1661 viewsTalkingSutty

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:40 - Jun 14 by dalenumber2

I know he is football celebrity but I met Bobby Charlton and his wife as Spotland back in the late 70's. I even had a conversation with them both - charming couple they were.

Completely off topic that one, 100% off topic.
[Post edited 14 Jun 2016 15:48]
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 20:39 - Jun 14 with 1563 viewsHuddersdale1

Timmy Mallet vs Oxford, I think in the 13/14 promotion year.

Not seen any bigger celebrity at Spotland I'm afraid
Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 08:13 - Jun 15 with 1438 viewsjav14

Non footballer celebrities at Spotland on 12:40 - Jun 14 by dalenumber2

Stan Milburn's nephew.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024