Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Huhne 17:17 - Mar 11 with 3085 viewsTheBlob

The Chocolate handed out 8 months for him and his missus.After remission hardly worth showing up.Taxi driver delivering him to the court asked "shall I hang around mate?"

Poll: So how was the season for you?

Huhne on 12:46 - Mar 12 with 644 viewsTheBlob

Lewis Grizzard quote....

“I don't think I'll get married again. I'll just find a woman I don't like and give her a house.”

Huhne on 12:47 - Mar 12 with 642 viewsA40Bosh

Huhne on 12:07 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

Ffs, if you think you should get married, then get married.

If you were wrong, then, yes, you will find out later. But don't miss out on your best chance of happiness. (I am assuming you know what you are doing.)

I would've rather been married than not. Up to you.

Exactly, but it has to feel right and with no doubts lurking

Getting married should be with the genuine intent that it is going to last a life time and not just a glib "well if it dont work out we can get divorced" attitude going into it.

If you have had these doubts in the back of your mind then you have obviously not met the right person yet, the person who does not put those doubts into the back of your mind when you think about the long term.

In sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, forsaking all others indicates that it is not expected to be a smooth sailing all the way through and it appears that some people perhaps go into the commitment without realising that.

Hopefully you will know when it is the right time and then it is up to the Gods whether you manage to sail out of port and dont jump ship when you encounter choppy waters.

When I got married in '95 a three times married woman in the office told me when I announced the date that I was stupid if I thought that I had more than a 20% chance of staying married to the same person for 10yrs in modern times.

I felt sad for her really.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Huhne on 12:53 - Mar 12 with 630 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 12:47 - Mar 12 by A40Bosh

Getting married should be with the genuine intent that it is going to last a life time and not just a glib "well if it dont work out we can get divorced" attitude going into it.

If you have had these doubts in the back of your mind then you have obviously not met the right person yet, the person who does not put those doubts into the back of your mind when you think about the long term.

In sickness and in health, for richer for poorer, forsaking all others indicates that it is not expected to be a smooth sailing all the way through and it appears that some people perhaps go into the commitment without realising that.

Hopefully you will know when it is the right time and then it is up to the Gods whether you manage to sail out of port and dont jump ship when you encounter choppy waters.

When I got married in '95 a three times married woman in the office told me when I announced the date that I was stupid if I thought that I had more than a 20% chance of staying married to the same person for 10yrs in modern times.

So, did you beat the odds?

Poll: Deaths of Thatcher and Mandela this year: Sad or Glad?

Huhne on 12:54 - Mar 12 with 630 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 12:47 - Mar 12 by A40Bosh

You don't need to get married to be close to someone.It just seems to be a societal thing,a rubber stamp on you're "one of us".All the stigmas have gone out of "legitimacy",single parents are no longer hounded into the poorhouse.
It's purely cosmetic.

imho

Huhne on 12:58 - Mar 12 with 623 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 12:54 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

You don't need to get married to be close to someone.It just seems to be a societal thing,a rubber stamp on you're "one of us".All the stigmas have gone out of "legitimacy",single parents are no longer hounded into the poorhouse.
It's purely cosmetic.

imho

It ain't cosmetic. I miss marraige.

Huhne on 13:01 - Mar 12 with 614 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 12:58 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

It ain't cosmetic. I miss marraige.

That's what the outgoing Pope said.

Huhne on 13:05 - Mar 12 with 607 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 13:01 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

That's what the outgoing Pope said.

Dont back againt it!

Huhne on 13:07 - Mar 12 with 601 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:05 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

Dont back againt it!

I try not to back up against any religious person.

Login to get fewer ads

Huhne on 13:13 - Mar 12 with 591 viewsA40Bosh

Huhne on 12:54 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

It's purely cosmetic.

imho

and I dont disagree with that either. It's personal choice and you are correct that in the last 10-15yrs it is socially acceptable to "live in sin" as it was once thought of.

The fact that you don't have to get married these days to be socially acceptable is not the same as saying that you shouldn't get married.

I also don't think it is cosmetic, it should be for those people who want to and feel able to commit to a life time partnership and want to formalise that with the intention that life is for life but unfortunately it will not always work out as that in some cases.

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Huhne on 13:16 - Mar 12 with 588 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:13 - Mar 12 by A40Bosh

and I dont disagree with that either. It's personal choice and you are correct that in the last 10-15yrs it is socially acceptable to "live in sin" as it was once thought of.

The fact that you don't have to get married these days to be socially acceptable is not the same as saying that you shouldn't get married.

I also don't think it is cosmetic, it should be for those people who want to and feel able to commit to a life time partnership and want to formalise that with the intention that life is for life but unfortunately it will not always work out as that in some cases.

The difference between "life" and marriage is you get time off for good behaviour.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

Huhne on 13:17 - Mar 12 with 582 viewsCharlie1

Huhne on 13:16 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

The difference between "life" and marriage is you get time off for good behaviour.
[Post edited 1 Jan 1970 1:00]

I'm going to Villa away on Sato - that's for good behaviour

2:59 baby!

Huhne on 13:20 - Mar 12 with 577 viewsBrightonhoop

Huhne on 11:40 - Mar 12 by toboboly

As you ran away from the scene

Sshhh! ;-)
Huhne on 13:21 - Mar 12 with 574 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 13:07 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

I try not to back up against any religious person.

Not through bitter experience, we hope.

Generally, I have little time for religion, but try to wonder about 10- or 11-d physics (and parallel universes).

Huhne on 13:23 - Mar 12 with 527 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:21 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

Generally, I have little time for religion, but try to wonder about 10- or 11-d physics (and parallel universes).

In a parallel universe R's won the European Cup when Margaret Thatcher was manager.

Huhne on 13:28 - Mar 12 with 523 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:21 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

When discussing reincarnation there was a school of thought that pointed out there are more humans living now than have ever existed,so the theory should be exploded.Blob pointed out that since there are infinite numbers of universes and alternative realities,galaxies with their attendant solar systems,the possibility of reincarnation once more is valid.

Innit.

Huhne on 13:32 - Mar 12 with 519 viewsLOFT67

Huhne on 13:28 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

When discussing reincarnation there was a school of thought that pointed out there are more humans living now than have ever existed,so the theory should be exploded.Blob pointed out that since there are infinite numbers of universes and alternative realities,galaxies with their attendant solar systems,the possibility of reincarnation once more is valid.

Innit.

Owz about that then !

Loft67

Huhne on 13:39 - Mar 12 with 505 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:32 - Mar 12 by LOFT67

Owz about that then !

uhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuhuh......and somewhere Jimmy Savile is the new Pope.

Huhne on 13:49 - Mar 12 with 494 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 13:28 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

Innit.

Better than that, the last Stephen Hawkin program I saw was about how we'ed missed any civilisations's quiz shows (ie 60 million light years not reciprocating through SETI) so how lucky we are if they approached us as North American Inidians [or cows/whales/chickens/whatever]). If they were anything like us, I'd be pretty scared.

Btw,there is over a galaxy out there for every human that has ever existed.

Huhne on 13:52 - Mar 12 with 489 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:49 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

Better than that, the last Stephen Hawkin program I saw was about how we'ed missed any civilisations's quiz shows (ie 60 million light years not reciprocating through SETI) so how lucky we are if they approached us as North American Inidians [or cows/whales/chickens/whatever]). If they were anything like us, I'd be pretty scared.

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Galaxy......

Huhne on 13:58 - Mar 12 with 484 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 13:52 - Mar 12 by TheBlob

MMMmmmmmmmmmmmmm......Galaxy......

Aaaaaaannd, we're out.

Huhne on 14:03 - Mar 12 with 478 viewsjonno

Huhne on 11:35 - Mar 12 by Brightonhoop

Not in Divorce cases where Perjury by ex-wives Solicitors is almost required. My ex-missus car, that she told the court had 'blown up' and needed replacing by me, was seen 2 months later taxed for 12 months. Evidence of perjury presented and ignored. Freedom of Information request revealed not one woman had been done for perjury in the Divorce Courts in England and Wales for the previous 12 years. So this Perjury malarkey is a load of bolx.

The Karma result? The ex's new car was written off two months later when a joy rider slammed into it whilst parked on the street. :-D My how I laughed.

A divorce hearing is not held in a criminal court as no criminal offence committed - different type of court, different attitude to lying!
Huhne on 14:22 - Mar 12 with 465 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 13:49 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

How do you know they didn't approach our earlier ancestors?
The phenomenon of civilisation seemed to have jumped into being rather rapidly.From dobbing each other over the heads with chert axes to existentialist philosophy was abit of a quantum leap.
This galaxy is essentially middle aged.We missed the alien civilisations by a pretty wide margin.
And for our sins we have evolved into a species dominated by speed cameras.

Huhne on 14:22 - Mar 12 with 463 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 14:03 - Mar 12 by jonno

A divorce hearing is not held in a criminal court as no criminal offence committed - different type of court, different attitude to lying!

I do hate this sh*t.

If you want to repair your marriage, work hard at it.

If you don't, get a good lawyer.

Huhne on 14:27 - Mar 12 with 509 viewsTheBlob

Huhne on 14:22 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

I do hate this sh*t.

Even easier,don't say "I do"

Simples.

Huhne on 14:36 - Mar 12 with 497 viewsisawqpratwcity

Huhne on 14:22 - Mar 12 by isawqpratwcity

I do hate this sh*t.

If you think that she doesn't want to work at it, get a good lawyer.

(In my case, she went to the best practice in the district, stopping me from going there, and simultaneously stopped me from getting legal aid, too. It's more complicated than you might think.)

In oz, or vic at least, if your marriage is in trouble, talk to the best lawyers in town, all of them, as a free introductory exploration. Then they can't represent your soon-to-be ex.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024