Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finney. 10:02 - Aug 22 with 11440 viewsconnell10

Just listened to latset Open All R,s pod and Paul F Just announces he has kidney Cancer . I don't know Paul I've never met him but he seems like a really decent person, I'd just like to say we are all behind you big man. I don't know if he ever comes on this site but I feel I had to post this. Also if anyone knows him personally can you pass this on to him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Finney. on 10:07 - Aug 22 with 6314 viewsBrianMcCarthy

I'll be meeting him on Saturday. Will be nice to offer support in person.

Kidney cancer is treatable, so here's for strength and a dose of stubbornness for our Finney as he takes on this challenge. Much love, Paul x

"The opposite of love, after all, is not hate, but indifference."
Poll: Player of the Year (so far)

Finney. on 10:10 - Aug 22 with 6261 viewsdmm

Awful news. Stay strong Finney and beat the thing.
Finney. on 10:17 - Aug 22 with 6157 viewsterryb

Best wishes to Paul. Hopefully he will beat the damned thing.
Finney. on 10:32 - Aug 22 with 5963 viewsdannyblue

I don’t know Paul, I was introduced only once, but I feel like I know him from the podcast. I wish him the best of luck and support on this journey.
Finney. on 10:34 - Aug 22 with 5956 viewsconnell10

Finney. on 10:32 - Aug 22 by dannyblue

I don’t know Paul, I was introduced only once, but I feel like I know him from the podcast. I wish him the best of luck and support on this journey.

That's how I feel mate .

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Finney. on 10:40 - Aug 22 with 5846 viewsDannyPaddox

If anyone can beat that bastard condition that bastard can. You will win this one Paul 💙🤍💙
Finney. on 10:48 - Aug 22 with 5737 viewsThaiHoop

Listened to the pod for years and has been an invaluable link to one of the few things I miss from home.

Wish you all the best in your coming treatment Finney, you'll be having some gluten free beer to celebrate kicking it's arse in no time 🙏
Finney. on 10:52 - Aug 22 with 5684 viewsPhildo

Yes listened this morning. I am back at LR Saturday after finishing chemotherapy at the start of the month and hopefully down to six month check ups. It’s a horrible period during surgery and recovery but life comes back to normal soon enough. Best wishes Finney - ‘and thanks for all you do for QPR’ to paraphrase the great man.
Login to get fewer ads

Finney. on 10:55 - Aug 22 with 5636 viewsHooping_Mad

Thinking of you as well Paul. Listened for years and you are part of the rich tapestry that makes us different and worth supporting.

To echo what others have said, we are all behind you. Get well soon.

Chairman of the Junior Hoilett appreciation society

Finney. on 10:59 - Aug 22 with 5564 viewslightwaterhoop

Sending my best wishes as well.I always enjoy listening to Paul.
Finney. on 11:04 - Aug 22 with 5539 viewsBacon

Just to echo above, only know Paul as a voice on Open all R's, but wish you all the best in a successful treatment and recovery from this.
Finney. on 11:11 - Aug 22 with 5443 viewswombat

Finney. on 11:04 - Aug 22 by Bacon

Just to echo above, only know Paul as a voice on Open all R's, but wish you all the best in a successful treatment and recovery from this.

he was saying before the cambridge gane he waa going for tests but hadnt heard the results until reading this , hes alwasy been a stubburn fecker since he came to the uk so sure hell beat this as well

Poll: which is your favouite foot

Finney. on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 5365 viewsLeedsR

Another regular listener of the podcast who has never met him but feels acquainted. Thank you Paul for the podcast and all you do for it. As he himself might say “Now go and beat this f€cking thing!”, and get better soon!
Finney. on 11:21 - Aug 22 with 5365 viewsrbee

Never met Finney but have chatted online over the years.

Good luck Paul, here's hoping for an early diagnosis and prompt treatment.
Finney. on 11:24 - Aug 22 with 5311 viewsPaddyhoops

See him in the crown and away matches.
Floored me . That has . Get well soon .
Finney. on 11:37 - Aug 22 with 5185 viewsalexferguson60

Finney. on 11:24 - Aug 22 by Paddyhoops

See him in the crown and away matches.
Floored me . That has . Get well soon .

I've known Finney for years on and off.

I heard the news too, and was honestly absolutely stunned. Said a prayer for him there and then.

Stay strong Paul. And if the person kicks the back of your seat constantly, there are a fair few tickets where we sit.
Finney. on 11:53 - Aug 22 with 4980 viewsnix

I don't know him but I always think I do and have to stop myself from saying hi at away games as he wouldn't have a clue who I am.

Really sorry to hear this news and I hope all our positive vibes will help him in getting through this difficult time.
Finney. on 12:00 - Aug 22 with 4881 viewsDavieQPR

Horrible when it happens to anyone. Just reminds me of the great strides that are being made in treatment nowdays. Good luck in beating this.
Finney. on 12:04 - Aug 22 with 4825 viewsdaveB

sorry to hear that, hope he pulls through, always comes across as a good bloke and have enjoyed his podcast for years
Finney. on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 4733 viewsloftboy

I first met Paul about 20 years ago, arranged for myself and the kids to have a stadium tour through his contacts at the club ( my eldest son is autistic). Hope he makes a quick and full recovery.
My dad had kidney cancer and ended up having one removed, he lived for a fair few years after the op and had it not been for covid stopping his preventative treatment would have lived longer.
If you’re reading this Paul you have my best thoughts and wishes for the future.

favourite cheese mature Cheddar. FFS there is no such thing as the EPL
Poll: Are you watching the World Cup

Finney. on 12:13 - Aug 22 with 4719 viewsderbyhoop

Met him once nor twice. Lovely fellow. QPR fanatic. He might be from N Ireland????

Hope you can beat this one Finney.

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness, and many of our people need it sorely on these accounts. Broad, wholesome, charitable views of men and things cannot be acquired by vegetating in one little corner of the Earth all one’s lifetime. (Mark Twain) Find me on twitter @derbyhoop

Finney. on 12:15 - Aug 22 with 4693 viewscharmr

Best wishes Paul, and yes I do know him and fortunately or unfortunately had the pleasure of listening to many a rant having sitting next to him in his van being driven by a man with not the greatest eyesight.

Carry on x
[Post edited 22 Aug 12:16]
Finney. on 12:26 - Aug 22 with 4597 viewsPlanetHonneywood

Oh FFS, such awful news!

Had the pleasure of knowing him for a good few years, and I still recall him delivering one of the funniest one-liners when I was on his pod. When asked what do you say when you meet a client on death row? Finney pipes in before me: 'You think you've got problems, have you seen the state of QPR!'

Damn near followed through.

Genuinely decent lad and as said above...if anyone can, he can!!

Much success Paul, we're all supporting you buddy.

'Always In Motion' by John Honney available on amazon.co.uk
Poll: Who should do the Birmingham Frederick?

Finney. on 12:31 - Aug 22 with 4578 viewsbaz_qpr

Awful news - best wishes Paul
Finney. on 13:11 - Aug 22 with 4302 viewsfinney

Hi pal that’s really nice of you .
Not posted on here for years as i am crap on message boards and everytime I posted I think Clive had a breakdown .
All the messages on here mean so much .
The reason i put it out on the podcast is cancer hits so many and it’s a bit taboo still .
And anyone who knows me will know I can’t hold my own shite .
And QPR is family and as a family we talk things out .
I’m going to be fine shite scared and I hate the idea of it all
But so many in a hell of a lot worse state and I know I’m being rubbish in moaning about it all .
And for people who don’t know me to wish me well is amazing .
For those who do know don’t ruin it by telling them what an idiot I am .
But honestly thank you all .
It’s means so much
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024