Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Finney. 10:02 - Aug 22 with 11721 viewsconnell10

Just listened to latset Open All R,s pod and Paul F Just announces he has kidney Cancer . I don't know Paul I've never met him but he seems like a really decent person, I'd just like to say we are all behind you big man. I don't know if he ever comes on this site but I feel I had to post this. Also if anyone knows him personally can you pass this on to him.

AND WHEN I DREAM , I DREAM ABOUT YOU AND WHEN I SCREAM I SCREAM ABOUT YOU!!!!!
Poll: best number 10 ever?

Finney. on 19:59 - Aug 22 with 2609 viewsPunteR

All the best Finney.

Occasional providers of half decent House music.

Finney. on 20:00 - Aug 22 with 2605 viewsMetallica_Hoop

Get well soon Finney.

Beer and Beef has made us what we are - The Prince Regent

Finney. on 20:04 - Aug 22 with 2567 viewsnumptydumpty

You will crack it, great man, am sure of that.

Love your pods and your own way of presenting.

You have the QPR family behind you.

Hope the good vibes can help you keep your strength whilst going through the treatments.

We are all certainly with you. Wishing you the speediest of recoveries ahead.
[Post edited 22 Aug 20:20]

Walking in a "Mackie Wonderland"
Poll: Where will we finish next season ???

Finney. on 20:10 - Aug 22 with 2542 viewsTacticalR

Best wishes Finney. You know that I always defended your podcast performances on here!

Air hostess clique

Finney. on 20:35 - Aug 22 with 2469 viewsBostonR

Finney. on 13:11 - Aug 22 by finney

Hi pal that’s really nice of you .
Not posted on here for years as i am crap on message boards and everytime I posted I think Clive had a breakdown .
All the messages on here mean so much .
The reason i put it out on the podcast is cancer hits so many and it’s a bit taboo still .
And anyone who knows me will know I can’t hold my own shite .
And QPR is family and as a family we talk things out .
I’m going to be fine shite scared and I hate the idea of it all
But so many in a hell of a lot worse state and I know I’m being rubbish in moaning about it all .
And for people who don’t know me to wish me well is amazing .
For those who do know don’t ruin it by telling them what an idiot I am .
But honestly thank you all .
It’s means so much

Hi Paul -we don’t know each other but I thought I would offer my support and recent cancer experience.
In short, I was diagnosed with stage 3 bowel cancer in September 2022. I had no symptoms, so you can imagine the shock! I was a very fit 60yr old, still working, never smoked, but liked a few lagers and a nice glass of wine.
After all the scans etc my diagnosis changed to a more serious position. I had robotic surgery to remove my tumour and after further histology my diagnosis improved. Thankfully, I didn’t need chemotherapy am now in the 5yr surveillance program which is absolutely fantastic.
The treatments available today are incredible and in some cases are curative. My main advice is to trust your medical team and do as your told (not something we are good at later in life). Do not google anything-it’s all out of date and bollocks. If you want to reach to people going through a similar journey-join the MacMillan forum. It’s trusted and has nurses and professionals who can help you. You can learn a lot about your diagnosis.
Stay close to your family if they are nearby - they will be more worried than you. I’m now two years cancer free, retired and enjoying life.
Stay positive, trust your medical team and do not google. Most importantly take care of your mental wellbeing. It’s the most important part of personal recovery.
Best wishes on your journey and keep us posted.
Finney. on 20:57 - Aug 22 with 2427 viewsHoopinEssex

Always enjoyed the podcast.

Good luck mate and hope you kick it's arse.

God bless
Finney. on 21:17 - Aug 22 with 2357 viewsqprxtc

Mr Finney, best wishes on your journey to Bestofhealthville. Take the quickest route and no detours.

Here’s something to pass the time:

Finney. on 21:30 - Aug 22 with 2288 viewsMick_S

All the very best of good luck to you, Finney. U rrrrsss.

Did I ever mention that I was in Minder?

Login to get fewer ads

Finney. on 21:40 - Aug 22 with 2267 viewsSuperhoops2808

Finney. on 13:11 - Aug 22 by finney

Hi pal that’s really nice of you .
Not posted on here for years as i am crap on message boards and everytime I posted I think Clive had a breakdown .
All the messages on here mean so much .
The reason i put it out on the podcast is cancer hits so many and it’s a bit taboo still .
And anyone who knows me will know I can’t hold my own shite .
And QPR is family and as a family we talk things out .
I’m going to be fine shite scared and I hate the idea of it all
But so many in a hell of a lot worse state and I know I’m being rubbish in moaning about it all .
And for people who don’t know me to wish me well is amazing .
For those who do know don’t ruin it by telling them what an idiot I am .
But honestly thank you all .
It’s means so much

Hey Paul

Sorry to hear the news, me and Michelle have had a few beers with you in our time and she revealed she still stalks you on X (Formerly Twitter)

I am sure you will beat this with your attitude and strength. Good luck mate, sure everyone is here for you
Finney. on 04:37 - Aug 23 with 2123 viewsozexile

You'll beat this easy Finney. All the best, stay strong.
Finney. on 07:06 - Aug 23 with 2003 viewslondonscottish

Finney. on 13:16 - Aug 22 by finney

Oh who’s this ?
And fair point

Hey Finney all the best and I hope to see you back down the C&S soon.

Poll: Do you love or hate the new Marmite ad?

Finney. on 08:33 - Aug 23 with 1788 viewsswitchingcode

Best wishes for a positive outcome
Finney. on 08:56 - Aug 23 with 1715 viewsw7r

Awww s. hit - not yet listened to this weeks episode, never met the guy but feel like I know him through the pod.

Wishing you all the best Finney, you can do this fella!
Finney. on 10:29 - Aug 23 with 1576 viewsBlue_Castello

Some excellent posts on the thread in support its actually good to hear from people who have sadly been through cancer diagnosis, it helps trying to find some perspective as to how you feel internally.

I was diagnosed with prostate cancer at the end of last year, it certainly comes as a massive shock and coming to terms with the news takes a while. Fortunately if cancer diagnosis is caught early then the treatments that are available today can be a game changer, it can be a long road but don't ever give up the fight.

Briefly with prostate cancer there are two main treatments radiotherapy and prostatectomy these are routinely offered on the NHS, I initially chose the radiotherapy. My wife immediately got on the case looking at the Internet and discovered Focal therapy which is only offered at two Hospitals in the UK on the NHS, after reading about the various side effects with all treatments I asked for a referral to UCLH for Focal therapy. Having started the route of radiotherapy I got an approval from UCLH for Focal therapy, this is approved by a team of consultants it depends on the diagnosis my diagnosis was intermediate if it had been advanced it would have been rejected.
I had the Focal operation in April , a catheter for 1 week , it meant I missed the bloody Leeds game really pissed off with that, a week later another MRI scan and then a week later 10 days in Majorca chilling out.....

There was obviously more involved but that's the bullet points so to speak, I have to say at the start I spent the first 3/4 weeks a bit in denial but then read all the McMillan book they had given me to try and make a decision. There is a danger of information overload if you start googling but without that we wouldn't have found the Focal therapy option because it wasn't being offered to me at Hiilingdon Hospital. That said I totally agree with Boston try to steer clear of googling too much, the people at McMillan are a godsend if you need support or information.

Three months later the diagnosis is so far good results, you know with cancer though that it can always come back so it does mess with your head, best advice keep positive you can beat your diagnosis for sure and I'm looking forward to the game tomorrow.....

Best wishes and good luck with your treatment , the reason for posting the above is it may be of help for the next person who gets diagnosed and reads the forum....
[Post edited 23 Aug 10:34]
Finney. on 11:06 - Aug 23 with 1498 viewsRatKingCole

Wishing you all the best Paul, and good luck with your treatment. Thank you for all the fantastic podcasts over the years. Hope to see you back down the Rs very soon.
Finney. on 11:57 - Aug 23 with 1387 viewsFearless

Good luck Paul

We’ve met quite a few times over the years, but whenever we do it’s always the 1st time for you,
I’m obviously not very memorable 😊
Some great advice on here, wishing you all the best
Finney. on 14:44 - Aug 23 with 1151 viewsA40Bosh

Like many, I have only exchanged brief salutations with Finney at matches, either on the stairs at LR or on one occasion in the gents when we both had to strain the spuds ahead of one of the usual trousers down, bent over the desk, six of the best spanking at Craven Cottage.

Sending you prayers and positive thoughts Paul for a positive outcome and being the hardy little Norn Iron bastardo you are you will give the big C a spanking of its own

Poll: With no leg room, knees killing me, do I just go now or stay for the 2nd half o?

Finney. on 18:59 - Aug 23 with 892 viewsRanger_Things

Good luck Finney. I’d give you one of my kidneys but honestly you’d be better off using a sponge wrapped in chicken wire.
Finney. on 21:14 - Aug 23 with 782 viewsNoelmc

Haven't bumped into you for a few months Paul, but very best wishes for a full recovery. You will be in my thoughts and hope to see you soon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024