Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Transfer rumours 2024 19:24 - Apr 28 with 705179 viewsWilkinswatercarrier

Started already since we thumped the Yorkshire Massive so going early.

Apparently we are linked with Bosun Lawal. Celtic, on loan at Fleetwood, centre midfield or centre back. 20 years old, Irish apparently.

Feel free to add as they come in !
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:20 - Aug 27 with 9772 viewsrbee

This will be one of many such games. Sky Sports have shown documentaries on the younger released players playing in similar games.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:08 - Aug 27 with 9371 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:12 - Aug 27 by DavieQPR

your quote of 'being available to buy'. We didn't buy him.

I did not say anything about buying him. I repeated johnhoop.
[Post edited 27 Aug 18:09]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:17 - Aug 27 with 9278 viewsjohnhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:08 - Aug 27 by QPR_John

I did not say anything about buying him. I repeated johnhoop.
[Post edited 27 Aug 18:09]

All right, available to sign then if people want to split hairs.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:25 - Aug 27 with 9178 viewsLblock

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:07 - Aug 27 by aston_hoop

Great re-brand here. 'Toddy' Kane. And no, of course I wouldn't go near any of these lot!

[Post edited 27 Aug 16:07]

Dabo, Harris and Hector would interest me

Never understood why Dabo fell from grace so quickly over one missed penalty

Amazed others on that list such as Morrison and Waghorn need to be “shop windowed”

Cherish and enjoy life.... this ain't no dress rehearsal

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:31 - Aug 27 with 9127 viewslassel

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:25 - Aug 27 by Lblock

Dabo, Harris and Hector would interest me

Never understood why Dabo fell from grace so quickly over one missed penalty

Amazed others on that list such as Morrison and Waghorn need to be “shop windowed”

Dabo’s reputation proceeds him in football - makes Ronaldo look shy and retiring.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:54 - Aug 27 with 8949 viewsQPR_John

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:17 - Aug 27 by johnhoop

All right, available to sign then if people want to split hairs.

I don’t think anybody is splitting hairs at least not me. If Cannon was not available to sign how did we manage to get through the registration process and sign him. Surely we would have been docked points playing an unregistered player.
[Post edited 27 Aug 18:54]
Transfer rumours 2024 on 19:07 - Aug 27 with 8840 viewsaston_hoop

Owen Beck has joined Blackburn as mentioned above. So I don't know what the next left back backup play is. How is Morgan Fox's injury?

Poll: Moses Odubajo - Stick or Twist?

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:04 - Aug 27 with 8581 viewsrichpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:55 - Aug 27 by dmm

WLS is now reporting we're interested in Max Johnston and also states Cannon is unavailable due to the legal dispute with Boavista.

This suggests Cannon won't be playing for some time and that Santos isn't trusted to cover at RB.

Ridiculous all this criticism of Santos - he's been here 5minutes. Who cares what his past is - he didn't cost anything and deserves a chance. He just scored v Luton - nice one.
Login to get fewer ads

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:00 - Aug 27 with 8272 viewsHAYESBOY

Transfer rumours 2024 on 20:04 - Aug 27 by richpr

Ridiculous all this criticism of Santos - he's been here 5minutes. Who cares what his past is - he didn't cost anything and deserves a chance. He just scored v Luton - nice one.

He played well setting aside his goal which he did well to follow in and finish. Great block with his head back post after chasing back the length of the pitch to deny Morris.
That performance shows me we don't need another right back.
We also have Freil in the development squad who is supposed to be one for the future.

Smells like a trout farm in here

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:12 - Aug 27 with 8155 viewsbaz_qpr

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:00 - Aug 27 by HAYESBOY

He played well setting aside his goal which he did well to follow in and finish. Great block with his head back post after chasing back the length of the pitch to deny Morris.
That performance shows me we don't need another right back.
We also have Freil in the development squad who is supposed to be one for the future.

Thought Santos did really well too., Cannot understand why we have not actually given him minutes there before today
Transfer rumours 2024 on 05:05 - Aug 28 with 7621 viewsLoftgirl

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:22 - Aug 27 by Hoopstar

Weren't we linked with Nesta Guiness-Walker at one point as a young LB option?

Kinda takes the mick that players like Gayle and Waghorn who have made good livings out of the game are taking up spaces in teams like that. A weird thing to get annoyed about on a Tuesday perhaps.

We should sign him for the name alone.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:16 - Aug 28 with 7108 viewsBurnleyhoop

Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:12 - Aug 27 by baz_qpr

Thought Santos did really well too., Cannot understand why we have not actually given him minutes there before today

Last night shows Marti is bedding him in slowly. Some players will need longer to adjust and acclimatise than others.

Been said before, patience is needed. Will come good eventually and last night was a strong step in the right direction.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:29 - Aug 28 with 7001 viewsAndybrat

Transfer rumours 2024 on 08:16 - Aug 28 by Burnleyhoop

Last night shows Marti is bedding him in slowly. Some players will need longer to adjust and acclimatise than others.

Been said before, patience is needed. Will come good eventually and last night was a strong step in the right direction.

Illias didn’t look like a player going anywhere last night, Spent the match sitting next to Nourry and Hoos and then down in the pitch for the penalty shoot out. If Fox is someway off from fitness we need left back cover as Paal can’t play 90 minutes in every game
Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:22 - Aug 28 with 5978 viewsHAYESBOY

Harrison Ashby is a name doing the round on the Twitter verse at the moment.
Full back at Newcastle, was on loan at Swansea last year but recalled when Newcastle had their injury problems at the back.
Just looked, a right back.
[Post edited 28 Aug 14:24]

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:04 - Aug 28 with 5601 viewsMatch82

Transfer rumours 2024 on 12:30 - Aug 27 by johnhoop

A lot of our transfer business seems to have been good but the right-back situation is a mess approaching Taylor Richards proportions.
We sign one player for the position without doing due diligence to make sure that he’s actually available to buy and then a second one who we appear to have so little faith in that we’re not keen on him even as back-up.

I'm not going to judge them too hardly on Cannon. A player that theoretically is a higher level than we'd be able to get otherwise, only available to us because of the situation.

We took a punt on a high risk high reward signing which hasn't worked out so far. It happens. Not that different in principle to getting Sam Field or 1st time Charlie Austin because of their injury histories (worked out well) vs signing someone like Richard Ord for the same reason (categorically did not work out well)
Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:08 - Aug 28 with 5543 viewsDavieQPR

Transfer rumours 2024 on 14:22 - Aug 28 by HAYESBOY

Harrison Ashby is a name doing the round on the Twitter verse at the moment.
Full back at Newcastle, was on loan at Swansea last year but recalled when Newcastle had their injury problems at the back.
Just looked, a right back.
[Post edited 28 Aug 14:24]

Linked with us .Stoke and Blackburn by Alan Nixon.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:44 - Aug 28 with 5105 viewsLazyFan

Transfer rumours 2024 on 15:04 - Aug 28 by Match82

I'm not going to judge them too hardly on Cannon. A player that theoretically is a higher level than we'd be able to get otherwise, only available to us because of the situation.

We took a punt on a high risk high reward signing which hasn't worked out so far. It happens. Not that different in principle to getting Sam Field or 1st time Charlie Austin because of their injury histories (worked out well) vs signing someone like Richard Ord for the same reason (categorically did not work out well)

How many RB's do we need?

I appreciate that Cannon has been put back in the toy box for now.

But we still have Santos as the Dunne backup. Even Smyth could play there if desperate. If we sign another RB it means Santos is being looked at for RW only.

We may need a LB if Fox is still in the toy box for a while longer.

We should also look at a replacement for Dykes. I like the fantasy of Josh Coburn or Ross Stewart or the even more mythical Stansfield if we strip the Chairs from the building (geddit?) :P

zzzzzzzzzz

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:58 - Aug 28 with 4968 viewsdmm

In terms of any more incomings, remember there are limits to squad numbers. There's a maximum of 25 players of which a minimum of 8 must be homegrown. U21s are not counted unless on loan.

Currently, now Dykes has left, 23 players are counted in the squad.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 17:54 - Aug 28 with 4583 viewsQPROslo

Transfer rumours 2024 on 16:58 - Aug 28 by dmm

In terms of any more incomings, remember there are limits to squad numbers. There's a maximum of 25 players of which a minimum of 8 must be homegrown. U21s are not counted unless on loan.

Currently, now Dykes has left, 23 players are counted in the squad.

Unless we lose anyone else I think we need a LB and a Striker.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:29 - Aug 28 with 4289 viewshertshoops

It's possible we will get a young striker for the Development squad instead, bed him in and he'd be available to step in if Celar or Frey get injured
Someone like the Santos lad from Flamengo ?

Doesn't feel like Paal will be sold now if they trust him on pens last night, so maybe a left wingback that could cover Paal and/or Saito if injured ?
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:37 - Aug 28 with 4195 viewsdmm

With just two slots available we can fill, but it seems we have three slots under consideration namely striker, LB and RB.

We have Lloyd and Kolli in the squad, both of whom see themselves as strikers rather than wide players. I'm not sure they are ready to play in that position, and particularly as a lone striker, but that is the case.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:50 - Aug 28 with 4028 viewsdannyblue

If I was a manager I'd push for another defender, but I think with 8 defenders we have enough in the squad to cover without getting anyone new in. Even with two unavailable at the moment we were ok to rest some first teamers last night.

Centreback: JCS, Cook, Morrison, Fox, Dunne, Field in a pinch
LB: Paal, Fox, JCS, Field in a pinch
RB: Dunne, Santos, Cannon, Smyth in a pinch, Varane in a pinch.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 22:52 - Aug 28 with 3212 viewshoopedmonkey

Transfer rumours 2024 on 18:37 - Aug 28 by dmm

With just two slots available we can fill, but it seems we have three slots under consideration namely striker, LB and RB.

We have Lloyd and Kolli in the squad, both of whom see themselves as strikers rather than wide players. I'm not sure they are ready to play in that position, and particularly as a lone striker, but that is the case.

That's just not right.
Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:43 - Aug 29 with 2783 viewsHAYESBOY

We have a squad of 22 at the moment. 3 spaces available.

Transfer rumours 2024 on 06:24 - Aug 29 with 2333 viewsdmm

Transfer rumours 2024 on 00:43 - Aug 29 by HAYESBOY

We have a squad of 22 at the moment. 3 spaces available.

I make it a squad of 23 including Cannon who may be left out of the final list once the window closes.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024