Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts 13:20 - May 30 with 4076 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60295/swansea-city-reluc

See a penny pick it up, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 15:52 - May 30 with 3137 viewsThornburyswan

A very sensible & practical approach noting our financial position, that said if it was possible to upgrade our current ‘management team’ by only using incoming Saints compensation money I’d be taking that route.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 16:19 - May 30 with 3091 viewspembsjack

Paying a sensible amount from the compensation we have got from Southampton, to get the right person for the job isn't wasting money. Getting someone who may not fit or be upto the job will be a waste of money in the long term when relegated or having to pay them off!
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 16:51 - May 30 with 3027 viewsSullutaCreturned

What nonsense is this? This means we have to accept somebody who's out of work which means picking the best of a bunch of sacked or unwanted managers.

Big Sam it is then, unless we can persuade Rodgers to come back.

The club needs the right manager, not the cheapest, or in this case a freebie.

Unless they want to give me the job, I already said I'll do it quite cheap, how does 70k per year sound on a 12 month rolling deal but with a big bonus if we go up?
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 17:03 - May 30 with 3004 viewsswan_si

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 16:19 - May 30 by pembsjack

Paying a sensible amount from the compensation we have got from Southampton, to get the right person for the job isn't wasting money. Getting someone who may not fit or be upto the job will be a waste of money in the long term when relegated or having to pay them off!

I don't think any manager/coach comes with guarantees, whether they are out of work or not, I would say Potter is a good manager, but he couldn't change Chelsea's season around, they paid millions in compensation, ended up paying millions more to end his contract.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 17:35 - May 30 with 2972 viewsbuilthjack

Worrying. It really is.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 17:40 - May 30 with 2960 viewsmagicdaps10

Personally I would say that there is enough options out there who are without clubs but at the same time, if the right option is out there and contracted then we should go for it.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 18:02 - May 30 with 2914 viewsBarryTownSwam

Mentioned it before, I’ll mention it again ….
Chris Coleman Head Coach working alongside Osian Roberts
Out of work & available? High profile?
You heard it here first ! (Or 2nd) !
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 18:03 - May 30 with 2910 viewsFireboy2

Now why doesn't this surprise me 😂
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 18:08 - May 30 with 2897 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 16:51 - May 30 by SullutaCreturned

What nonsense is this? This means we have to accept somebody who's out of work which means picking the best of a bunch of sacked or unwanted managers.

Big Sam it is then, unless we can persuade Rodgers to come back.

The club needs the right manager, not the cheapest, or in this case a freebie.

Unless they want to give me the job, I already said I'll do it quite cheap, how does 70k per year sound on a 12 month rolling deal but with a big bonus if we go up?

For now, I can’t see it working, but if that’s the plan then I don’t see any harm in it.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 18:09 - May 30 with 2889 viewsWhiterockin

I think its an excellent approach if it works, but could be seen as shortsightedness if it fails. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 19:06 - May 30 with 2806 viewsEagleEye

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 18:09 - May 30 by Whiterockin

I think its an excellent approach if it works, but could be seen as shortsightedness if it fails. Sometimes you have to speculate to accumulate.

Nothing new here. Our owners seem to be becoming cautious almost to the extreme. Ambition is critical, we are seeing less and less ambition, more and more penny pinching & petty internal feuds.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 20:07 - May 30 with 2682 viewsmax936

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 19:06 - May 30 by EagleEye

Nothing new here. Our owners seem to be becoming cautious almost to the extreme. Ambition is critical, we are seeing less and less ambition, more and more penny pinching & petty internal feuds.

We're on the journey to that next level that, Pinocchio mentioned.

Lap it Boyo's.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 23:42 - May 30 with 2508 viewsmajorraglan

Totally agree with the concept of not wasting money, but it’s about seeing the bigger picture. The club has to pick the right person for the job otherwise they’ll be saving cash on the one hand and wasting it on the other when the new manager wants a multitude of changes, new players, change the style etc etc. There’s going to be some good managers who’re currently unemployed, but equally there’ll be quite a few who’ve failed along the way hence them being available. Round pegs, round holes…. Buy cheap buy twice.

A pragmatic sensible approach is called for.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 00:46 - May 31 with 2480 viewsdobjack2

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 18:08 - May 30 by KeithHaynes

For now, I can’t see it working, but if that’s the plan then I don’t see any harm in it.

Toshack was untried as was Marinez. Rogers would have been classed as a failure before he came here. Cooper was untried and Potter had no experience in British football. Martin had experience at a lower level but hadn't set that league on fire.

It's all about getting the right man for the path our owners (and their advisors) want us to be on.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 01:16 - May 31 with 2468 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 00:46 - May 31 by dobjack2

Toshack was untried as was Marinez. Rogers would have been classed as a failure before he came here. Cooper was untried and Potter had no experience in British football. Martin had experience at a lower level but hadn't set that league on fire.

It's all about getting the right man for the path our owners (and their advisors) want us to be on.

The Swans need to get Martin leaving finalised, and let’s be honest that is still in limbo.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 07:05 - May 31 with 2372 viewsangryjack

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 01:16 - May 31 by KeithHaynes

The Swans need to get Martin leaving finalised, and let’s be honest that is still in limbo.

I'm done with the swans while these leaches are in charge and it don't bother me...
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 07:16 - May 31 with 2360 viewsswan_si

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 07:05 - May 31 by angryjack

I'm done with the swans while these leaches are in charge and it don't bother me...

You can sit with Mike when we play Leeds.😉
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 08:13 - May 31 with 2318 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 07:05 - May 31 by angryjack

That's about the dozenth time you've told everyone that you're done with the Swans.....on a Swans website.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 08:17 - May 31 with 2314 viewsDr_Winston

So what people are saying is that if we paid £200,000 for Ian Evatt they'd be happier than if we appointed Patrick Vieira because he was free?

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 08:31 - May 31 with 2299 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 08:17 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

So what people are saying is that if we paid £200,000 for Ian Evatt they'd be happier than if we appointed Patrick Vieira because he was free?

Not quite as clear as that though.
Guaranteed that the package for Viera would work out a lot more than us getting Evatt, Viera overall wage would bypass Evatt wage and any compensation we paid out.

It's not as clear or simple as just paying out a compo.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 09:33 - May 31 with 2252 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 08:31 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Not quite as clear as that though.
Guaranteed that the package for Viera would work out a lot more than us getting Evatt, Viera overall wage would bypass Evatt wage and any compensation we paid out.

It's not as clear or simple as just paying out a compo.

It is that clear though. Without knowing what demands eand prospective candidates make, and we have absolutely no idea on that, it's just people making excuses for their wonky logic where free = bad.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 10:54 - May 31 with 2193 viewsBadlands

None of these good enough for Swansea (according to some)
https://www.squawka.com/en/outright-markets/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 11:46 - May 31 with 2146 viewsFireboy2

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 10:54 - May 31 by Badlands

None of these good enough for Swansea (according to some)
https://www.squawka.com/en/outright-markets/top-10-best-out-of-work-managers/

🤣🤣🤣🤣

What planet are you on.
Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 16:56 - May 31 with 2035 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 09:33 - May 31 by Dr_Winston

It is that clear though. Without knowing what demands eand prospective candidates make, and we have absolutely no idea on that, it's just people making excuses for their wonky logic where free = bad.

Agree with the free suggestion indicating it's bad.

The stark reality is a free Viera would cost a lot more down the line than getting Evatt even with a 200k compo pay out.

As I said, it's not quite as clear as paying out any compo to suggest that it will mean that in the long run we will be paying more.

We are saying the same thing but I am just trying to show the logic of how people might see it short sighted, paying compo means that the board are prepared to spend.......free could equal more expense long term.

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 17:21 - May 31 with 2002 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City reluctant to waste money on paying up managerial contracts on 16:56 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Agree with the free suggestion indicating it's bad.

The stark reality is a free Viera would cost a lot more down the line than getting Evatt even with a 200k compo pay out.

As I said, it's not quite as clear as paying out any compo to suggest that it will mean that in the long run we will be paying more.

We are saying the same thing but I am just trying to show the logic of how people might see it short sighted, paying compo means that the board are prepared to spend.......free could equal more expense long term.

The beautiful people on Twitter took this as meaning we won’t be paying any compensation at all !
It’s such a haven for the cowardly I don’t know why we bother.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024