Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli 08:00 - May 28 with 15155 viewsSwansIndependent

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/news/60281/swansea-city-aimin

Aim high shoot thingy’s, click above.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:35 - Jun 18 with 2207 viewsmax936

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:50 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Still pushing the nonsense that Potter, Cooper and Martin wanted out because of a transfer window.

Nonsense to you cause you don't want to believe it and have complete faith in the owners.

Anyway its not nonsense its my opinion and just because you call it nonsense doesn't mean it is.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:50 - Jun 18 with 2158 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:42 - Jun 18 by max936

" But he wasn’t interested.
FWIW, I think some people (blinded by their love of the club) believe the job is far more attractive than it really is."

He's spot on, yet some reckon that Managers would be queueing all the way from the Liberty right down to B&Q.

Absolute nonsense, they all will have known about the debacle in January and they'll probably ask themselves as to why the last 3 managers were very keen to get out, although it might have suited both parties for Martin to go, I suppose.

As per our report at least we tried …

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:33 - Jun 18 with 2108 viewsSullutaCreturned

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:50 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Still pushing the nonsense that Potter, Cooper and Martin wanted out because of a transfer window.

Potter left for a better offer didn't he, an EPL club with a bigger transfer budget and a massive wage rise.

Cooper definitely left because the onwers made promises and shafted him, it's hindsight that tells me that.

Martin has been given more time than he deserved but even then he was also made promises but then let down by the owners.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:37 - Jun 18 with 2096 viewsSTID2017

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:33 - Jun 18 by SullutaCreturned

Potter left for a better offer didn't he, an EPL club with a bigger transfer budget and a massive wage rise.

Cooper definitely left because the onwers made promises and shafted him, it's hindsight that tells me that.

Martin has been given more time than he deserved but even then he was also made promises but then let down by the owners.

Despite my feelings on Cooper, agree that all three were shafted in the transfer windows at various times by the owners

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:03 - Jun 18 with 2050 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:35 - Jun 18 by max936

Nonsense to you cause you don't want to believe it and have complete faith in the owners.

Anyway its not nonsense its my opinion and just because you call it nonsense doesn't mean it is.

It’s nonsense that somebody thinks another opinion is nonsense.
We all talk nonsense at times but at what times is key.
One can pretend to speak nonsense or to write it with no other intent as to make the reader view the material as nonsense .
Anyway,it’s finally getting sunny in Greece so we re off to seek out a textile free swim spot free of sea urchins ,which don’t go well with genitalia

Nonsense indeed

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:51 - Jun 18 with 2004 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:33 - Jun 18 by SullutaCreturned

Potter left for a better offer. Its bizarre that anyone is still claiming otherwise.

The only dispute that I'm aware of with Cooper is that he wanted certain players that were out of the budget that he knew was available to him, then threw a paddy when he was given others. This is the same Cooper who also complained bitterly about his lack of a striker when Gyokeres was available to him.

Somehow Martin has convinced another club to make him a better offer, so the whole point of his "process" has been realised. He didn't need more players as subsequent form has clearly demonstrated and given how close he must have been to the sack at the time it would have been lunacy to allow him to spend money unnecessarily.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:14 - Jun 18 with 1954 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:51 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Potter left for a better offer. Its bizarre that anyone is still claiming otherwise.

The only dispute that I'm aware of with Cooper is that he wanted certain players that were out of the budget that he knew was available to him, then threw a paddy when he was given others. This is the same Cooper who also complained bitterly about his lack of a striker when Gyokeres was available to him.

Somehow Martin has convinced another club to make him a better offer, so the whole point of his "process" has been realised. He didn't need more players as subsequent form has clearly demonstrated and given how close he must have been to the sack at the time it would have been lunacy to allow him to spend money unnecessarily.

Agree with the first bit, on Martin Southampton approached him the day before he was meant to fly to the USA.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 16:07 - Jun 18 with 1908 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:14 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

Agree with the first bit, on Martin Southampton approached him the day before he was meant to fly to the USA.

Exactly, yet if you believe the line being pushed he's almost being forced kicking and screaming out of the door.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 16:28 - Jun 18 with 1883 viewsmagicdaps10

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 16:07 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Exactly, yet if you believe the line being pushed he's almost being forced kicking and screaming out of the door.

Really? Not something I have picked up or read or even heard to that matter.

I think people think that it's been snowballed from the lack of support in January and it's been said that you can't blame him for moving on or wanting out after that disastrous month.
Others will claim that January was done on purpose, that being the case then it certainly contradicts what was said by the board prior to and after the window closed.

Either way, as a manager or a person then you have been let down in that transfer window and it gives you a clear message on how you will be treated down the line. Must stress that I am talking about the January transfer window because far to many people start going off outside that area of the discussion.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:23 - Jun 18 with 1790 viewssw02sea

So, Swansea City aiming high looks like it could be Michael Duff.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:06 - Jun 18 with 1733 viewsraynor94

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 19:23 - Jun 18 by sw02sea

So, Swansea City aiming high looks like it could be Michael Duff.

Exciting potential

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:14 - Jun 18 with 1715 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:14 - Jun 18 by KeithHaynes

There've been pages and pages written on Martin and tbh I’ve not quite got my head round the trip to the USA, did Martin pull out of going to the States or did the owners cancel the trip. I’m pretty sure if seen both explanations given at certain points.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2023 21:03]
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:54 - Jun 18 with 1640 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:14 - Jun 18 by majorraglan

There've been pages and pages written on Martin and tbh I’ve not quite got my head round the trip to the USA, did Martin pull out of going to the States or did the owners cancel the trip. I’m pretty sure if seen both explanations given at certain points.
[Post edited 18 Jun 2023 21:03]

Hasn't it been pretty well established that RM pulled out of the US trip due to Southampton's approach?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:57 - Jun 18 with 1630 viewsmax936

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:54 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Hasn't it been pretty well established that RM pulled out of the US trip due to Southampton's approach?

By who??

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 21:19 - Jun 18 with 1591 viewsmajorraglan

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 20:54 - Jun 18 by Dr_Winston

Thank you.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 08:30 - Jun 19 with 1479 viewsblackswan

Martin wasn't backed in the January window as it had already been decided that he was out at the end of the season, this is from a really credible source. We started the season well ended it with a fantastic run inbetween it was absolutely awful. Southampton have done us a massive favour he underachieved with the players at his disposal we only started getting results when he scrapped the 5 at the back playing suicide football. Onwards a d upwards comon you swans
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 08:46 - Jun 19 with 1459 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 16:28 - Jun 18 by magicdaps10

Really? Not something I have picked up or read or even heard to that matter.

I think people think that it's been snowballed from the lack of support in January and it's been said that you can't blame him for moving on or wanting out after that disastrous month.
Others will claim that January was done on purpose, that being the case then it certainly contradicts what was said by the board prior to and after the window closed.

Either way, as a manager or a person then you have been let down in that transfer window and it gives you a clear message on how you will be treated down the line. Must stress that I am talking about the January transfer window because far to many people start going off outside that area of the discussion.

OK lets talk about that January window, imagine perhaps some conversations where Martin was questioned over his request for certain players, do you not think the owners might have some concerns on releasing funds to pay for players given Martins previous history with Fisher and Darling and Sorinola for that matter.

Much has been said about this previously how Martin targeted players form his previous club who should have been able to slot into his process yet he decided to bench them.

As others have said strange how the same bunch of so called inadequate players finished the season in a much better way when coached and set up to play to their strengths.

Maybe Martin was told that given his prior dealings the board were not to confident of spending more until he made some improvements with the resources he had and his last acquisitions being used not getting splinters

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 09:02 - Jun 19 with 1445 viewsonehunglow

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 08:30 - Jun 19 by blackswan

Martin wasn't backed in the January window as it had already been decided that he was out at the end of the season, this is from a really credible source. We started the season well ended it with a fantastic run inbetween it was absolutely awful. Southampton have done us a massive favour he underachieved with the players at his disposal we only started getting results when he scrapped the 5 at the back playing suicide football. Onwards a d upwards comon you swans

Good post.
He should have been fired six months prior and then could have made top six.
Hindsight I know
Duff will find us a passionate but divided fan base and one looking to seeing us close out games as they should .
Priority was and is goalkeeper.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:40 - Jun 19 with 1386 viewsKeithHaynes

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 08:30 - Jun 19 by blackswan

That meeting with Kaplan & Martin in March paved the way for him to leave imo.
There was a lot more to that than was reported.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:23 - Jun 19 with 1195 viewsmax936

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 11:40 - Jun 19 by KeithHaynes

That meeting with Kaplan & Martin in March paved the way for him to leave imo.
There was a lot more to that than was reported.

Mutual agreement I reckon, neither were convinced about each other.

With 3 wins in what 23 games or so, he'd have been shown the door months ago at any other club, its a credit to his resilience and of course the players that we went unbeaten in those last ten games, more than a few excellent wins, in that 10 game haul, wiped the floor with Norwich at Carrow Road and battled all game to eventually defeat WBA superb finish to the season it has to be said, a parting of the ways always looked on the cards.

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:59 - Jun 20 with 1075 viewsvetchonian

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 18:23 - Jun 19 by max936

Mutual agreement I reckon, neither were convinced about each other.

With 3 wins in what 23 games or so, he'd have been shown the door months ago at any other club, its a credit to his resilience and of course the players that we went unbeaten in those last ten games, more than a few excellent wins, in that 10 game haul, wiped the floor with Norwich at Carrow Road and battled all game to eventually defeat WBA superb finish to the season it has to be said, a parting of the ways always looked on the cards.

Yet there are some say he owes us nothing, I think Martin can thank us for not sacking him allowing him this new opportunity maybe he should offer to pay the difference in the compo ...after all it could be said he was earning monies under false pretences.

What we learnt in that run of 10 unbeaten games is that we did after all have the players to be competitive and play attractive football when set up and instructed so.

But that is history and what amazes me is how our owners are constantly being "attacked".
Don't get me wrong I'm no super fan of the Americans but lets ask everyone a question.

So much is posted here of our terrible owners and how we need to get rid so who will buy us

How about the 15000 season ticket holders stumping up £3000 each which should raise £45M about the current worth of the clubs shares according to some on here following the dilution, then given the clubs current financial performance £13M loss last year and that is with the s o called lack of backing of the manager despite spending circa £2M on a player to sit on the bench would these 15000 be happy to put in around £1000 each each year to keep the club solvent?

Im no big fan of the merricans but they unlike Ninth floor, Tony Petty are keeping us in a "stable" condition....and though that will sometimes as fans pee us off as they are not splashing the cash which we dont have then its fine by me.....but then its only my opinion

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 14:50 - Jun 20 with 950 viewsswan_si

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 12:59 - Jun 20 by vetchonian

Yet there are some say he owes us nothing, I think Martin can thank us for not sacking him allowing him this new opportunity maybe he should offer to pay the difference in the compo ...after all it could be said he was earning monies under false pretences.

What we learnt in that run of 10 unbeaten games is that we did after all have the players to be competitive and play attractive football when set up and instructed so.

But that is history and what amazes me is how our owners are constantly being "attacked".
Don't get me wrong I'm no super fan of the Americans but lets ask everyone a question.

So much is posted here of our terrible owners and how we need to get rid so who will buy us

How about the 15000 season ticket holders stumping up £3000 each which should raise £45M about the current worth of the clubs shares according to some on here following the dilution, then given the clubs current financial performance £13M loss last year and that is with the s o called lack of backing of the manager despite spending circa £2M on a player to sit on the bench would these 15000 be happy to put in around £1000 each each year to keep the club solvent?

Im no big fan of the merricans but they unlike Ninth floor, Tony Petty are keeping us in a "stable" condition....and though that will sometimes as fans pee us off as they are not splashing the cash which we dont have then its fine by me.....but then its only my opinion

For that post alone, I will be giving you my vote at the end of the year.👏
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:23 - Jun 20 with 897 viewsswan65split

Are we there yet?

jeez this is beyond a joke.

itll end in tears I can see it.
Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:34 - Jun 20 with 877 viewsBadlands

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 09:02 - Jun 19 by onehunglow

Good post.
He should have been fired six months prior and then could have made top six.
Hindsight I know
Duff will find us a passionate but divided fan base and one looking to seeing us close out games as they should .
Priority was and is goalkeeper.

If he'd accepted the situation regarding the Jan window and got on with the job he was paid for we should easily have gained the additional 4 points needed to finish in 6th. But no , 4 points was the total from the next 9 games.
As has been said many times by many posters he was a very lucky boy to have lasted until the end of the season given run of results between the end of October to the middle of March.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 15:43 - Jun 20 with 865 viewsReslovenSwan1

Swansea City aiming high to appoint their next manager ? Swans fans will be deli on 13:37 - Jun 18 by STID2017

Despite my feelings on Cooper, agree that all three were shafted in the transfer windows at various times by the owners

COOPER - Action he sulked in January. Leaves in Summer

Assertion - "Shafted" (no centre forward)

Reality - Had £15-£ 20m Sporting Lisbon bound Viktor Goykeres. Available for £1m but apparently wanted the much inferior Keenan Davis. He preferred Jamal Lowe who did very well. Cooper sent Goykeres back.

My Assessment - NOT SHAFTED

POTTER Action January sulk Leaves in Summer

Assertion - "Shafted" (no midfield dynamo)

Reality. He wanted Levien to give him £7m for Ryan Woods after Brentford upped their price. Potters previous spending was wretched Asoro, John, McKay (yes McKay) and Celina (£7m) . Potter has gone to a new level of waste at Chelsea. ("nothing to do with me Guvnor?") Woods bombed. Stoke paid up and he left on a free. Byers just as good.

MARTIN Action he sulked in January. Leaves in Summer

Assertion - "Shafted" (no centre forward)

Reality. Martin was forced to play Liam Cullen who did very well scoring 8 goals now linked with other clubs. Martin accepted he did not perform well and took too long to get out of a personal slump. Grant is considered a lucky escaped. £24k a week for a player considered lazy by WBA fans is a good result. Ogbene and Kay are now available for free saving £3m +. The £3m can be offered in wages and inducements if appropriate.

Cooper and Potter when left unrestricted have wasted perhaps £100m+ of their clubs money recently. £5m wasted on Lingaard alone. Fat guys at the open buffet I called it. They needed to be reined in for their own good.
[Post edited 20 Jun 2023 15:45]

Wise sage since Toshack era

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024